Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please (6540 Views)

I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! / How To Cope With Regret Mails? / Access Bank Acceptance & Rejection Mails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by youngwolf(m): 11:13am On Sep 04, 2014
Good morning nairalanders. I graduated from uni 2 years ago, finished my Nysc last year october. I'm here in my office thinking of the last one year after service and how far I ve progressed. I took time out to list out all the tests I have written in the past one year and I have had regret mails. I have a job now but I know I can have something better if I put in a better effort. I'm still in my early 20s and I had a 2.1 in the university. Let me list the companys where I have had regret mails
Access bank
NSE
Firstbank
Keystone
Skye bank
UAC
Honeywell
NLNG
Ernsy n young
Good people is this not too much?...how do u people pass the exams?..especially the CBT. I am not strong when it comes to mathematics. I sometimes find it difficult to answer any math Qs in the CBT with very limited time. Pls guys I need tips on how to pass the mathematics or numerical test questions in any job tests. Thank I know ill get valuable contributions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Rich4god(m): 11:26am On Sep 04, 2014
My broda... Chill... Atleast, you have a job. Some dont even have a job and still getting regret mail. Like me, if you type my name for google, na for regret mail my name go show... As in my own done too much. The funny thing is that, even the tests that I got a success mail, the coy just forgot us. I have attended about 3 interviews were they said am successful and will get bck to me, yet nothing from them (in one of the coy, i was shown round and introduced to my dept, yet dey hvnt called me to resume)... So long you have something doing, just keep your faith high and keeping pressing hard. You break through will come.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by youngwolf(m): 11:43am On Sep 04, 2014
Rich4god: My broda... Chill... Atleast, you have a job. Some dont even have a job and still getting regret mail. Like me, if you type my name for google, na for regret mail my name go show... As in my own done too much. The funny thing is that, even the tests that I got a success mail, the coy just forgot us. I have attended about 3 interviews were they said am successful and will get bck to me, yet nothing from them (in one of the coy, i was shown round and introduced to my dept, yet dey hvnt called me to resume)... So long you have something doing, just keep your faith high and keeping pressing hard. You break through will come.

Thank for the encouragement.
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by youngwolf(m): 11:45am On Sep 04, 2014
The hardest part is solving the Questions without calculators. I want to know the trick guys...show me
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Owoado(m): 11:59am On Sep 04, 2014
Bro, breakthrough will come I believe, just thank God u hav somfin doing 4 now. There is God

6 Likes

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by ednut1(m): 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
banged test shell, Delliote stage 2, standard chartered, Pwc, honeywell, EY, UAC , pass test bang interview Kpmg, teknokleen. naso i dull reach o hahahaha, before i enter labour market i tot having 2.1 and being a charterd accountant go make me hot cake, if i hear. grin grin cheesy cheesy, na test and interview dey suppose teach us for skul i swear, those tins no easy grin, job wey i later get i failed all der questions for interview( what is an LC, name 5 indgenous mining company in nigeria, explain the process of mining till it gets to port- i dey sweat for AC grin grin ) how dem later choose me, i no sabi cheesy

22 Likes

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by kakashi12(m): 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
My fellow graduates i feel practise is what is required to pass these exams. In uni we were advised to get 2:1s but thats just not enough. to pass the gmatt tests you just need to practise. I have a 2:1 and afta i had failed a good amount of tests i decided that going back to learn basic math and english wont hurt.
Personaly i feel with adequate revison and practise u will pass the test. Its not about what u studied in skool but ur skill in basic math and english

5 Likes

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
youngwolf: The hardest part is solving the Questions without calculators. I want to know the trick guys...show me
check this thread, dmainman dropped some very useful tips..https://www.nairaland.com/1883541/shortcut-techniques-solving-dragnet-shl

As for the regret mails, no be only you waka come oo, plenty people follow for your boat grin grin angry

Just keep practising Gmat, shl, etc, you will definitely get better. Spend less time on questions you don't know... Also, remember to pray hard always, it's not by our power...do your part and leave the rest to God, he never disappoints...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by tolutweety(m): 12:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
#My2kobo#

As much as you keep practicing GMAT,SHL,dragnet,workforce n all...stay informed !!

Nothing beats being informed ..... *I talk in parable,i believe you should be able to decipher that *

#My2kobo#

1 Like

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
Keep praticing bro. Practice becomes Perfection. I cant count d number of test I failed but after I learn d tricks through practicing GMAT, SHL, I start having positive result.
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by HenryThegreat1(m): 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
I wonder y some1 applied 4 direct sales agent will b writing math nd English. A graduate of mktg 4 dat.

2 Likes

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
Samyj247:
Guy this ur issue don pass joke o. U NEED PRAYER O.

Who are you to tell someone his matter needs prayer? Encouragement is what we all need here and not running someone down.... we all need prayers, we all need GOD, buh HIS decisions are final... What if he had been praying harder than yu can imagine?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by oladayo042: 4:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
HenryThegreat1: I wonder y some1 applied 4 direct sales agent will b writing math nd English. A graduate of mktg 4 dat.
Maths and English are basic skills that everyone needs; be it a graduate of Accounting or Yoruba, applying for the role of a sales agent or human resources. GMAT questions are mostly framed around real-life issues. For example, a GMAT question can come in this format:

"A sales agent gives a 10% discount for every purchase above N10000 of Product A; 15% for purchases above N7000 of Product B; and 12% for purchases above N15000 of Product C. Discounts are only applicable when goods are paid for immediately after purchase. HenryTheGreat bought N12000 worth of Product A; N7000 worth of Product B; and N14999 worth of Product C. He paid in full immediately. How much discount will he get?"

This question may seem easy because I made it up in my head. The essence of the question is to illustrate that Maths and English are very useful in aptitude tests.

2 Likes

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Rich4god(m): 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
Samyj247:
Guy this ur issue don pass joke o. U NEED PRAYER O.
Guy cool down... Everything no be about spirituality... You just need to do your best and keep up the faith.

3 Likes

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Rich4god(m): 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
Samyj247:

What if he has not been praying. Would'nt my statement be of help. Shut up.
So many people dont believe in God and they are doing well.... Its not like I dont pray or believe in God's grace. I just dont like peeps attributing evrything to religion when God has given you the brain to do things... Even if u like, make u pray like MFM... If u no dey prepared, you r on ur own...
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Samyj247: 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
[quote author=Rich4god]
I have attended about 3 interviews were they said am
successful and will get bck to me, yet nothing
from them (in one of the coy, i was shown
round and introduced to my dept, yet dey hvnt
called me to resume)

Guy na d koko I de tell u o. If u know u are not praying abt it, u better start praying. Forget ppl dat dont know God, but succeed.

1 Like

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Marvin67: 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
I'd keep saying the same thing I've always said in threads like this. @Op, at least you have a job. Some don't have any, yet they keep getting regret mails. Talking of regret mails, I received one yesterday. The key to getting a job is GOD's GRACE, I know someone who just graduated from the university, and got a job with a multi national firm without knowing anybody or even writing test, not to talk of interview (na 2.2 the guy get o). I also met someone today who passed test, passed interviews, did medical but when he was invited to pick up his offer letter at the bank, to his greatest shock, he was told he has passed the age limit, and for that reason he was dropped.
My dear brothers and sisters, to me this is the equation you need to get a job GOD's grace= 60%, Academic qualification=10%, GMATS knowledge=15%, Interview skills=15%. So na GOD's grace we need pass because with only that 60/100, we don pass be that, while without His grace, we end at 40% and that's a near pass, so close yet not good enough to take you through . When HIS Grace smiles on you, the job would come looking for you, if u like, hide inside hole the job would find you.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Abidayo(m): 5:56pm On Sep 04, 2014
I admire your courage..My lecturer once told me carry overs werent meant for lecturers,They were meant for students..Regret mails aint meant not for employers but for dose searching for jobs..I have had my fair share of regret mails but what really hurt d most is being dropped after interviews. Its better to fail early(test) in d recruitment process dan to fail later stages(interview) of d process. Cos dat my brother kills morale. I remembered being dropped by KPMG after PI. I was already ecstatic about d prospect of working with dem b4 it all went down d drain. Regret Mail should therefore not stop us from standing up, tho its a huge set back..Nothing great was ever done without much enduring..If i tell u say e easy, my brother na set up. Practice GMAT questions and any maths Q and A..it helps alot. God help us all..dont feel blue about it..some have longer list of regret mails dan you do..#Dont Give Up..

5 Likes

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Yinkatolu: 7:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
brb
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by chidaddy1198(m): 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
I read good comment on this ur wonderful topic. My dear its nt by ur power its by God grace/doing. U just av a little role to play constantly practicing ur GMAT SHL & co numerical questions if possible cram d questions& answers u might be lucky to come across what u av cram/practice. Practice makes perfect. Regret mails dosent mean u r nt intelligent it means u should add more effort research more okay. No body is hindering u okay. Pls don't give up u will surely get a successful mail in jesus name amen

2 Likes

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by tolutweety(m): 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
ednut1: banged test shell, Delliote stage 2, standard chartered, Pwc, honeywell, EY, UAC , pass test bang interview Kpmg, teknokleen. naso i dull reach o hahahaha, before i enter labour market i tot having 2.1 and being a charterd accountant go make me hot cake, if i hear. grin grin cheesy cheesy, na test and interview dey suppose teach us for skul i swear, those tins no easy grin, job wey i later get i failed all der questions for interview( what is an LC, name 5 indgenous mining company in nigeria, explain the process of mining till it gets to port- i dey sweat for AC grin grin ) how dem later choose me, i no sabi cheesy

grin grin.
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Pweetymoi1: 9:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
wristwatch: Keep praticing bro. Practice becomes Perfection. I cant count d number of test I failed but after I learn d tricks through practicing GMAT, SHL, I start having positive result.
What are the tricks you learnt for passing?
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 05, 2014
wristwatch: Keep praticing bro. Practice becomes Perfection. I cant count d number of test I failed but after I learn d tricks through practicing GMAT, SHL, I start having positive result.

Pls share with us the tricks you learnt in passing d tesr. Especially dragnets verbal. Tnx
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by groovie(m): 8:20am On Sep 05, 2014
Op, na small thing. You know ive looked at the whole thing critically and I concluded that only Gods favour gives breakthrough. Even if you pass test, pass interview, and you get connection, Dem fit no still call you. Na my story be that. So do all your best, network the best you can, but pray hard for Gods favour

1 Like

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 05, 2014
Everthing we do is by God's grace but here are some of d tricks.

For verbal reasoning, d comprehension passage is atimes long which takes time 2 read, So I read the questions with four options 2 pick and scan thru d passage whr d question is pick d most appropriate ans. This saves time.

For numerical, atimes slotting d four options to the questn can giv u d most appropriate answer.

There are more but nid 2 get busy @ work. U can reach me via ayenhemmy@gmail.com @ pweedymoi1 & deigs
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by crudedude(m): 10:45am On Sep 05, 2014
cc: ideology, xfire, Jarus

1 Like

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by moshoodn(m): 11:01am On Sep 05, 2014
Prepare hard.... GMAT, SHL, Dragnet etc.

Above all, God will let you have the right job at the right time.

Wherever you are now, influence them positively and when God sees you're done, he takes you elsewhere.

Some of us blast tests like say we set it ourselves but we don't get called up.

So... Time and Chance bro!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Maersk Test Format Urgently Please / Cashier Needed At Bet9ja Shop / Nestle Calling:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.