Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,348 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please (6548 Views)

I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! / How To Cope With Regret Mails? / Access Bank Acceptance & Rejection Mails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Worksunlimited: 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
youngwolf: Good morning nairalanders. I graduated from uni 2 years ago, finished my Nysc last year october. I'm here in my office thinking of the last one year after service and how far I ve progressed. I took time out to list out all the tests I have written in the past one year and I have had regret mails. I have a job now but I know I can have something better if I put in a better effort. I'm still in my early 20s and I had a 2.1 in the university. Let me list the companys where I have had regret mails
Access bank
NSE
Firstbank
Keystone
Skye bank
UAC
Honeywell
NLNG
Ernsy n young
Good people is this not too much?...how do u people pass the exams?..especially the CBT. I am not strong when it comes to mathematics. I sometimes find it difficult to answer any math Qs in the CBT with very limited time. Pls guys I need tips on how to pass the mathematics or numerical test questions in any job tests. Thank I know ill get valuable contributions

You are in your early 20s plus you have a job, no worry there is still time!!

We wey dey in our late 20's upward, dere is no time to check time to even think of time and we are still hustling and living without complaining much; even though the vexation and frustration fire wey dey burn insyd us fit chase devil commot for hell fire where im dey.. So suggest you just take it easy!!

2 Likes

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Jarus(m): 5:10pm On Sep 05, 2014
youngwolf: Good morning nairalanders. I graduated from uni 2 years ago, finished my Nysc last year october. I'm here in my office thinking of the last one year after service and how far I ve progressed. I took time out to list out all the tests I have written in the past one year and I have had regret mails. I have a job now but I know I can have something better if I put in a better effort. I'm still in my early 20s and I had a 2.1 in the university. Let me list the companys where I have had regret mails
Access bank
NSE
Firstbank
Keystone
Skye bank
UAC
Honeywell
NLNG
Ernsy n young
Good people is this not too much?...how do u people pass the exams?..especially the CBT. I am not strong when it comes to mathematics. I sometimes find it difficult to answer any math Qs in the CBT with very limited time. Pls guys I need tips on how to pass the mathematics or numerical test questions in any job tests. Thank I know ill get valuable contributions

My friend got regret emails from Accenture and Vetiva but ended up in Shell - the biggest fish!!!

The fact that you keep getting invites is soothing. At least, they're inviting you; many graduates don't even get called for tests. That is your 2.1 working for you.

I must admit tests can be one stubborn stumbling block. I personally believe that tests are more difficult than interviews.

That said, you need to work on yourself, keep practicing job tests - SHL, GMAT etc. It may not be Math alone. You may need to work on your English (verbal reasoning) as well based on your post up there.

3 Likes

Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Lero15(m): 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2014
Jarus:

My friend got regret emails from Accenture and Vetiva but ended up in Shell - the biggest fish!!!

The fact that you keep getting invites is soothing. At least, they're inviting you; many graduates don't even get called for tests. That is your 2.1 working for you.

I must admit tests can be one stubborn stumbling block. I personally believe that tests are more difficult than interviews.

That said, you need to work on yourself, keep practicing job tests - SHL, GMAT etc. It may not be Math alone. You may need to work on your English (verbal reasoning) as well based on your post up there.

QED
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by oluwanoni: 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
@op...there no one side fits all......just work hard @ur present job...the sky is not your or our limit..... ." Amoye reject mail"......all our youths want a job of 150k and above...."its not possible....a lot us would still earn meagre salary....you cannot all work for an oil coy or big corporation
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by airsaylongcon: 9:18am On Sep 06, 2014
@op, I struggled with the numerical reasoning as well. The truth is there is a technique. Try and lay your hands on Assessment Day materials(www.assessmentday.co.uk). I found their materials very very helpful. Practice, Practice, Practice! Work with calculators. Work without calculator. Learn to eyeball a figure and round it to a more comfortable figure. Wish you all the best
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Seeeeeeee: 9:22am On Sep 06, 2014
How did you make the 2.1 kiss
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by lahami(f): 9:58am On Sep 06, 2014
To think I was already envying the op,early twenties with a job is fair enough.most important thing is getting the right job God wants for you and at the right time because hbp fit hold person upon u read,blast test and dem no still call u.#alliswell#
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Rich4god(m): 10:06am On Sep 06, 2014
Seeeeeeee: How did you make the 2.1 kiss
This question is realy unnecessary... You mustnt comment if you dont have anything to say...
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 06, 2014
Jarus:

this user copied ur work https://www.nairaland.com/1889730/top-10-secrets-first-class
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by kennynelcon(m): 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
Rich4god:
My broda... Chill... Atleast, you have a job. Some dont even have a job and still getting regret mail. Like me, if you type my name for google, na for regret mail my name go show... As in my own done too much. The funny thing is that, even the tests that I got a success mail, the coy just forgot us. I have attended about 3 interviews were they said am successful and will get bck to me, yet nothing from them (in one of the coy, i was shown round and introduced to my dept, yet dey hvnt called me to resume)... So long you have something doing, just keep your faith high and keeping pressing hard. You break through will come.
Bro, What's d name of the coy that said you were successful, but didn't call u back
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Rich4god(m): 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
kennynelcon:

Bro, What's d name of the coy that said you were successful, but didn't call u back
Lancrox Food and Beverages.
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
youngwolf:
Good morning nairalanders. I graduated from uni 2 years ago, finished my Nysc last year october. I'm here in my office thinking of the last one year after service and how far I ve progressed. I took time out to list out all the tests I have written in the past one year and I have had regret mails. I have a job now but I know I can have something better if I put in a better effort. I'm still in my early 20s and I had a 2.1 in the university. Let me list the companys where I have had regret mails
Access bank
NSE
Firstbank
Keystone
Skye bank
UAC
Honeywell
NLNG
Ernsy n young
Good people is this not too much?...how do u people pass the exams?..especially the CBT. I am not strong when it comes to mathematics. I sometimes find it difficult to answer any math questions in the CBT with very limited time. Pls guys I need tips on how to pass the mathematics or numerical test questions in any job tests. Thank I know ill get valuable contributions

MY BROTHER I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE WHEN IT COMES TO MATHS IN CBT.I TRY MY BEST in other areas BUT I DON'T WAST TIME on the maths areas.E PAIN WEN I GO KPMG EXAM NA SO SO MATHS I DID MY BEST IN THE ESSAY AND ALL ,BUT I HEARD IF U PASS ONE AND NOT THE OTHER YOU FAIL.
GUY MY ADVICE FOR YOU FOCUS ON YOUR STRENGTHS AND BRUSH UP THE MATHS SMALL
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by shellliver: 10:48pm On Jan 05, 2015
sallysalsa:

MY BROTHER I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE WHEN IT COMES TO MATHS IN CBT.I TRY MY BEST in other areas BUT I DON'T WAST TIME on the maths areas.E PAIN WEN I GO KPMG EXAM NA SO SO MATHS I DID MY BEST IN THE ESSAY AND ALL ,BUT I HEARD IF U PASS ONE AND NOT THE OTHER YOU FAIL.
GUY MY ADVICE FOR YOU FOCUS ON YOUR STRENGTHS AND BRUSH UP THE MATHS SMALL

Hey dear,
it's not only a MATH thing, chances of merit are VERY slim compared to having "LONG LEGS". Try getting "LONG LEGS" and all your worries will be over.

***That's Nigeria for us
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by okeyjames(m): 11:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
youngwolf:
The hardest part is solving the Questions without calculators. I want to know the trick guys...show me
Go to youtube and download videos on shl solutions. Your life will never remain the same after watching them
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by youngwolf(m): 5:55am On Jan 06, 2015
okeyjames:

Go to youtube and download videos on shl solutions. Your life will never remain the same after watching them

Hmmm thanks for this idea.
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 06, 2015
shellliver:

Hey dear,
it's not only a MATH thing, chances of merit are VERY slim compared to having "LONG LEGS". Try getting "LONG LEGS" and all your worries will be over.

***That's Nigeria for us
That is when you know someone. That is not the case for me
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by shellliver: 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2015
sallysalsa:

That is when you know someone. That is not the case for me

It is not the case for most of us too. God is helping plenty of us to cope.
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by royalty2483: 8:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
Thanks y'all. Ur information is helpful. I'm new here
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by chyna4luv: 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2015
youngwolf:
I took time out to list out all the tests I have written in
Access bank
NSE
Firstbank
Keystone
Skye bank
UAC
Honeywell
NLNG
Ernsy n young

Dear youngwolf,
I had series of regret mails too like you did. eg,
Stanbic IBTC at the interview stage,
GTB twice at the interview stage, EntBank & UACN at the test stage. But I am working already. You are also working already except you are not okay with where you work now then read below:

To pass a test requires GOD's grace because the time frame is usually short. Also, time yourself when writing tests, this will help.

Best Regards,
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by youngwolf(m): 11:39am On Jan 09, 2015
okeyjames:

Brother i cant seem to find anyone worth downloading. Maybe i dint search the right places. Please if u have anyone useful you can share with me please pm me.
Re: My List Of Regret Mails. I Need Advice Please by okeyjames(m): 10:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
youngwolf:

Brother i cant seem to find anyone worth downloading. Maybe i dint search the right places. Please if u have anyone useful you can share with me please pm me.
I don't have them again but search on YouTube's home page. I am sure you will find.I can't access the email I used in opening this account

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nestle Calling: / Top 4 IT Institutes In Nigeria / Please Help Me With Dragnet Logical Reasoning Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.