Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

“ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant (32672 Views)

Nano Silver Can Cure Ebola – Manufacturer / I Can Cure Ebola With Yoruba Herbs / Bitter Kola Can Cure Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by henryobinna(m): 8:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
mako007: faa hear say! If na USA talk am now, I'm sure u for don reach iya luku shop tongue
till them talk am na. I go even begin farm am
Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by mako007(m): 8:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
henryobinna: till them talk am na. I go even begin farm am
farm am to chop abi sell?, u this business man
Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by ayubaazonto: 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
let hope it will work out.

1 Like

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by gbodimowo(m): 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
What can I say

The stones the builder has abandoned is now the most recognised
Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2014
Its disheartnening that most of you are worst than the consultant. She was clear when she said that it could only work at the early stage and not the later.

Now common sense fails to tell you all even if she did not specify the active component that what works here is the iron and not the ewedu. She mentioned ewedu because ewedu is rich in iron.

Iron boost the immune system and also fight infectious diseases.

The only area I fault her is that she played down the fact that there could also be an iron overload which could be detrimental as well.

My own advise is eat healthy and balanced meals and keep your environment clean.

3 Likes

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by MoneyGreen(m): 8:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
Thank say I be amala and ewedu fan since 190BC

1 Like

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
candy:
No clinical trial and she's prescribing ewedu in certain measures? No one is condemning this wonderful 'discovery' but it's at best a guess work, not the result of an academic research. It is well.

chocolate, maje kin binu si e o!!!

2 Likes

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by Cmfrt001(f): 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
otokx: They want to increase the price of ewedu.
am telling you. Better go and buy yours now before ewedu will be sold for #500,000. I can imagine how rich ewedu sellers will be.

1 Like

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by Vado(m): 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
Say this works for instance as a cure or vaccine, I wonder if the dolts who usually stereotype the tribe ewedu is associated with would touch it at all. Dumbos!

3 Likes

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by henryobinna(m): 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
mako007: farm am to chop abi sell?, u this business man
both, but it'll not be expensive so people won't die
Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2014
rattlesnake: Weed nko?
Make we use wiz khalifa and snoop test am?
Yeye

Weed keee brosssss!!!
Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
Superstar007: You go fear concotion na.
All because of ebola, next thing them go say make we tie plantain leaf around our waist with
red cloth on our head. Dance around a
banana tree 7 times shout.....
''Ebolalala ebelebe ebelebe
'' grin grin

Naija discovering cure to various diseases since 1882 without any test or experiment!

1 Like

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by litetias(m): 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2014
There is absolutely nothing we won't hear in this our obodo Nigeria. Tired of all the foolishness. God Pls I want to teleport out of this forsaken wasteland.

1 Like

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by LaRoyalHighness(f): 8:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
Them don come again cheesy*i never recover from too much bitter kola and salt abeg!

1 Like

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by Dreyl(m): 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
otipoju: Eyin Iya Elewedu , Adura yin ti gba.
ewedu go scarce sha grin

2 Likes

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by koruji(m): 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2014
All these unfounded & exaggerated stuff are distracting us from taking concrete actions to address the immediate and longterm issues raised by the spread of Ebola in WA.

We have being eating Ewedu for aeons - may be it does boost the immune system LIKE MANY VEGETABLES EQUALLY DO, but it has not cured and will not cure any disease, talk less of a virulent/acute one like Ebola.

Enough already!!!

icnsystem: A consultant at the Lagos University Hospital (LUTH), Idi-Araba, Professor Adebukola Ositelu, has said Ewedu ‎which is known in English as the Long-Fruited vegetable, is capable of preventing and curing the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) by boosting the immune system.

Ositelu stated this at the annual African Traditional Medicine Day organised by the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) on Thursday, at Ikeja, Lagos.

According to her, the vegetable had a high potency to boost the immune system such that it’s usage would prevent an individual from being infected with Ebola, or get rid of the virus in the case of an infected person.

She, however, noted that chances of being cured by an intake of Ewedu when a victim has gotten to the stage of vomiting was low, but could still be administered.

Ositelu, who is a professor of ‎Ophthalmology at the University of Lagos, Akoka (UNILAG), said to administer the ‘treatment’, the Ewedu should be rinsed thoroughly with liquid vinegar “blend and cook with drinkable water, without adding salt or kaun (pottash) or any other ingredients; then take a 25cl or half a tumbler measure once a week, first thing in the morning before any meal” for prevention, adding that those already infected should take it every morning for seven to five days.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=80264

2 Likes

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by mako007(m): 8:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
henryobinna: both, but it'll not be expensive so people won't die
hmmm, ok o
Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by clem305D(m): 8:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hate it when idle minds who call themselves Profs in Nigeria open their scumbags called mouths to opine rubbish...we all know immunity level plays a big role in preventing infection generally. Has she found the cure to Ebola or not...Disappointment written all over my face

2 Likes

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by yomanovic: 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
phreakabit: Conspiracy Theory : Yoruba people trying o get everyone to eat Amala grin grin grin

. . . . Just kidding oh!

Yes, ewedu was mentioned but how was it told to be used? Rinse, blend and drink without addition of any cooking ingredient or source but with just drinking water. Do you need a pair of glasses to see that clearly. You don't have to show your bigotry here now.
Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by Katier00(f): 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
I am dead serious, i hv never eaten ewedu, can i find it in the north?

1 Like

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by Idowuogbo(f): 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
aieromon: I suggest she hugs an Ebola patient and tests her wonder drug.

Wetin concern agbero with overload?
Lmaaaao! Oga Aieromon oo! Chei grin
Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by galadima77(m): 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
Superstar007: You go fear concotion na.
All because of ebola, next thing them go say make we tie plantain leaf around our waist with
red cloth on our head. Dance around a
banana tree 7 times shout.....
''Ebolalala ebelebe ebelebe'' grin grin

Naija discovering cure to various diseases since 1882 without any test or experiment!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha U no well i swear. got me laffing out loud

anyways, there goes the price of ewedu like NASA rocket bound for space...
Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by Ambi25: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
ok
Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by phreakabit(m): 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
yomanovic:

Yes, ewedu was mentioned but how was it told to be used? Rinse, blend and drink without addition of any cooking ingredient or source but with just drinking water. Do you need a pair of glasses to see that clearly. You don't have to show your bigotry here now.

Who says I can not eat amala and ewedu soup with a cold glass of ewedu juice? grin
Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by eminikansoso(m): 9:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
phreakabit: Conspiracy Theory : Yoruba people trying o get everyone to eat Amala grin grin grin

. . . . Just kidding oh!
I don't know of whether it can cure Ebola but Ewedu can reduce stress undergo during labor by pregnant woman. With Ewedu pregnant woman can never be labour for more than 5 hours even if she is been under attack by unknown forces.

3 Likes

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by hensben(m): 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
rattlesnake: Weed nko?
Make we use wiz khalifa and snoop test am?
Yeye
i feel weed can cure ebola, they should give it a try.
Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by rattlesnake(m): 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
hensben: i feel weed can cure ebola, they should give it a try.
Weed cured me from headache
Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
jassie:

chocolate, maje kin binu si e o!!!
cheesy
Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
Immune Booster? yes. My mum used to give us boiled water from ewedu stalk when we were kids and it used to help us fight common diseases in school. I am not sure about using it as cure when a person catches Ebola.

3 Likes

Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by henryobinna(m): 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
mako007: hmmm, ok o
yea
Re: “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant by mako007(m): 9:36pm On Sep 05, 2014
henryobinna: yea
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October / Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) / Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.