Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday (31964 Views)

See The Lizard With Funny Tail I Saw Close To My Lab, Today. / What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon / Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 05, 2014
Aprime: It's an Alien surveillance comet. Don't be deceive prepare your Homes.
So you sef dey believe all those conspiracy theories about aliens. I'm sur you know a lot about roswell and alien abductions.
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by Endougs(m): 10:02am On Sep 05, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1888923/begovic-ronaldo-federer-mayweather-honouredBegovic, Ronaldo, Federer, Mayweather, To Be Honoured By Guiness Word Record
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by idinc(m): 10:05am On Sep 05, 2014
Afghanistan:
No babe its not gonna hit earth. Even if it does, I'll keep you safe. You'll be safe in my arms.
I cud swear u watch a lot of Nollywood love movies
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by greatestman(m): 10:06am On Sep 05, 2014
Afghanistan:
Baba mind your own business o. Don't lemme para for u there.

No be recommend i dey recommend abegi. I talk anything?
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by wiringdpt(m): 10:06am On Sep 05, 2014
Make it earth jaare, make everything finish once of all
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by moshoodn(m): 10:09am On Sep 05, 2014
deeptechcool: Asteroid ko, Nisterooy ni
Mehn... In the days of Nisterooy!

Ruud Van Nisterooy!
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by moshoodn(m): 10:10am On Sep 05, 2014
The report kept reiterating "Amateur astronomers"...
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by poiZon: 10:22am On Sep 05, 2014
tmx21: A newly discovered asteroid will pass “very close” to Earth on Sunday, NASA says.
The space rock is estimated to be 60 feet (18 meters) long. It’s expected to fly over New Zealand about 2:18 p.m. EDT (18:18 GMT).
It won’t hit Earth or any of the thousands of satellites orbiting the planet, NASA says. It will give astronomers and scientists a chance to study it.
The asteroid won’t be visible the naked eye, but amateur astronomers should be able to see it with telescopes.
Called 2014 RC, the asteroid was discovered on August 31 by the Catalina Sky Survey near Tucson, Arizona.
NASA’s Near Earth Object Program estimates there arethousands of asteroids that could threaten Earth, but experts say none of the ones being tracked are expected to hit the planet anytime soon.
Sometimes, though, space rocks sneak by the scientists and amateur astronomers who track them. On February 15, 2013, a nearly 60-foot-wide meteor plunged into Earth’s atmosphere and exploded over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk with the force of about 30 nuclear bombs. The blast injured about 1,500 people.
The Chelyabinsk meteor was undetected before it was spotted by local residents as it streaked across the sky. It exploded on the same day that Asteroid 2012 DA14, one that was being carefully tracked by NASA, safely passed by Earth.
NASA is trying to speed up the way it tracks potentially hazardous asteroids and to learn how to deflect rocks that threaten Earth. ItsAsteroid Initiative includes a plan to capture an asteroid and tug it into orbit around the moon in the 2020s. If it works, astronauts will land on the asteroid, take samples and bring them back to Earth.
www.punchng.com/news/asteroid-to-pass-close-to-earth-on-sunday/

good news o.
chai is thr no ways they can channel it to drop at sambisa forest?
God i knw say u fit do am, help us cos dis na real alternative to bombs n it will save us big time from excessive borrowngs.
abeg can u mods move this to prAYER ZONE MAKE the e-prayer warriors do justice to am. 1billion to buy bombs will be saved for another issue.
oh GOD answer our prayers by fire by force
divert this asteroids to sambisa. aMEN!
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by Jimmyo3(m): 10:25am On Sep 05, 2014
I think nairalanders are very dumb when it comes to science thread,u hardly see reasonable comment...

1 Like

Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by ElPhenomenal(m): 10:33am On Sep 05, 2014
Its unusual thatz why dey r reporting it,nt a very big one dou just like the size of a whale
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by Oyiboman69: 10:37am On Sep 05, 2014
wet in concern agbero with overload?
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by poiZon: 10:37am On Sep 05, 2014
wiringdpt: Make it earth jaare, make everything finish once of all

u say wetin......
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by iamord(m): 10:43am On Sep 05, 2014
SimonAndal:
_

...except when it explodes over your head and you die.

Lol

Tho by then it will be too late for it to be his business cos we would have exploded into the after life before he even says jack robinson.
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by Neroanna(f): 10:45am On Sep 05, 2014
Icekeeng:
Well, technically it shouldnt be and i must say u look very adorable miss but why that sort of personal text? Quite scary u know?
erm....thanks, my personal text? pardon me, i still believe in God anyway.
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by Harrybanty(m): 10:47am On Sep 05, 2014
Superman is coming
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by Tex42(m): 10:51am On Sep 05, 2014
it must be heading for sambisa forest
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by ayusco85(m): 10:56am On Sep 05, 2014
tejpot: Although I love space stuffs, but if the Asteroid is not going to hit the Earth, if its not going to be visible to the naked eye and if it's not going to pass over Nigeria even West Africa, why is it a news? Apart from that the mesosphere is a layer of the atmosphere that is designed to shield us from all of these asteroids mishap

The mesosphere has no business stopping asteroid. Do u even know what an asteroid is? Get ur facts right.
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by timijoseph01(m): 11:01am On Sep 05, 2014
poiZon:

good news o.
chai is thr no ways they can channel it to drop at sambisa forest?
God i knw say u fit do am, help us cos dis na real alternative to bombs n it will save us big time from excessive borrowngs.
abeg can u mods move this to prAYER ZONE MAKE the e-prayer warriors do justice to am. 1billion to buy bombs will be saved for another issue.
oh GOD answer our prayers by fire by force
divert this asteroids to sambisa. aMEN!
how old are u...
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by timijoseph01(m): 11:07am On Sep 05, 2014
Jimmyo3: I think nairalanders are very dumb when it comes to science thread,u hardly see reasonable comment...
i dnt get u.. U mean *we* or *u*
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by timijoseph01(m): 11:07am On Sep 05, 2014
Jimmyo3: I think nairalanders are very dumb when it comes to science thread,u hardly see reasonable comment...
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by iamord(m): 11:08am On Sep 05, 2014
While there are dedicated men and women around the world spending sleepless nights scanning and looking up to the skies for any UFO ,asteriod or incoming attack, studying the changing times and climate , spending billions of dollars into building of telescopes ...

Their African counterpart are busy with their heads down on earth building religious centers to serve as their astronomy watch towers and surveillance centers..

2 Likes

Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by cutieberie1(f): 11:12am On Sep 05, 2014
O God save us pls
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by iamord(m): 11:12am On Sep 05, 2014

U right.. The case here is what happens when

Stupidity becomes the New wise

Its trendy here!!!
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by themmydhayhor(m): 11:18am On Sep 05, 2014
Y dis tin self no just use S.L or liberia as bus stop
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by dam007(m): 11:19am On Sep 05, 2014
Bholutife18: Ouch! I pray it doesm take earth as last bust stop.
bust stop Seriously??
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by Prosperuzor(m): 11:21am On Sep 05, 2014
It will pass earth,how is that my business?Wen i dey pass nobody dey know,na wen asteroid pass dem go know.Lets leave everything about space and focus on ebola...eradicate ebola
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by aboyaji(m): 11:32am On Sep 05, 2014
deeptechcool: Asteroid ko, Nisterooy ni
crazzzzzzy nigga
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by Icekeeng(m): 11:32am On Sep 05, 2014
Neroanna: erm....thanks, my personal text? pardon me, i still believe in God anyway.
hmmm
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by Icekeeng(m): 11:33am On Sep 05, 2014
Neroanna: erm....thanks, my personal text? pardon me, i still believe in God anyway.
I may be quite timid when talking to a beautiful diva like yourself, pardon me! But can you show me the ropes i can use in approaching someone who looks just like u? *clears_throat*
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by Henrick007: 11:33am On Sep 05, 2014
should we bath with salt water on sunday?
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by Fash20: 11:34am On Sep 05, 2014
Thank God oooo. asteroid are very dangerous, move with very very very high velocity ( some move with velocity as high as hundred of thousand kilometre per SECOND).
Re: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday by Image123(m): 11:41am On Sep 05, 2014
AFOHYBEE: So shuld I start runing up and down matchaw....

No, thank pdp and Goodluck Jonathan for this privilege.

expect silly text messages telling people to switch off their phones or stay indoors or something more ridiculous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Snake Was Killed In Our Factory. What's The Name - Photo / First Anti-Aging Pills To Hit Shelves In 2028, Expert Predicts / Ayokunle Adeniran Invents A ‘Nepaless’ Iron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.