Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) (7096 Views)

Hadith Forbidding Hellfire To Anyone Who Informs Another Of A New Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 8:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
Who Are Quranites/Quranists?

Quranism (Arabic: قرآنيون‎ Qurʾāniyūn) is an Islamic movement that holds the Qur'an to be the only authentic source of Islamic faith. Quranists generally reject, therefore, the religious authority of hadith, Sunnah, and reject traditional Sharia Law. This is in contrast to the Sunni, Shia and Ibadi doctrines, which consider hadith essential for Islamic faith.

Bassam Zawadi says:

"Why don't we have any record of early Muslims completely rejecting hadith?
The hadith rejecter might argue back by saying "we don't blindly follow people; you are committing the appeal to tradition fallacy".

However, you answer back that Allah says in the Quran...

Surah 9:100

The vanguard (of Islam)- the first of those who forsook (their homes) and of those who gave them aid, and (also) those who follow them in (all) good deeds,- well- pleased is God with them, as are they with Him: for them hath He prepared gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein for ever: that is the supreme felicity.

Mohsin Khan Translation
And the foremost to embrace Islam of the Muhajirun (those who migrated from Makkah to Al-Madinah) and the Ansar (the citizens of Al-Madinah who helped and gave aid to the Muhajirun ) and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allah is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success.
In this verse, Allah is saying that the Muhajirin (those who migrated from Mecca to Medina) and the Ansar (the people of Medina) and those righteous people that came after them have been promised heaven.

Now, how can Allah promise heaven to these people when they are the very same ones who transmitted the hadith to us? As a matter of fact they are the same people that passed the Qur'an down to us. The Quran is passed on to us by "Mutawattir" narrations. Mutawattir narrations are narrations that have been transmitted by so many people that it would be impossible for all of the transmitters to fabricate such a narration. However, we have an enormous amount of Mutawattir hadith. There is a list of Mutawatir hadith http://hadith.al-islam.com/bayan/Index.asp?Lang=ENG&Type=3 that teach things that are not taught in the Quran. How can you reject their authenticity with no objective evidence?
Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
If we are expected to believe that ALL the Muslims could have corrupted Islam by introducing the Hadith then to maintain consistency we must also conclude that it was very likely for them to have corrupted the Qur'an as well. The Hadith rejecter will respond back by saying that Allah promised to preserve the Qur'an (Surah 15:9) but not the hadith. However, this is circular reasoning. The Hadith rejecter is basically saying "The only evidence that the Qur'an is preserved is that the Qur'an says so." No objective person will take such an answer seriously.

The hadith rejecter might also respond back by saying that there were early sects such as the Mu'tazilites that rejected hadith. However, the Mu'tazilites did not reject all hadith, they only rejected AHAD hadith. So the argument still stands that there were no early Muslims that practiced this corrupted understanding of Islam taught by the Quranites.

If we want to go to heaven we have to be like those people whom God promised heaven to in Surah 9, verse 100 and they sure were not hadith rejecters.

2 Likes

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 8:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
Dr. Ahmad Shafaat says...

Since the companions of the Prophet played a decisive part in the transmission of the Sunnah and Hadith, it seems fitting to examine what the Qur'an has to say about their role. In this connection the most relevant Qur'anic passages are those where the companions or the Muslims generally are described as the best community or witnesses over humanity:

You are the best community raised for humanity; you enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in God (3:110).

Thus We have appointed you a community of the middle (wasat) that you may be witnesses over ('ala) humanity and the Messenger may be a witness over you. And We did not make the qiblah which you (O Prophet) used to turn to except (a means) to distinguish him who follows the Messenger from him who turns back from his heels, and this was surely hard except for those whom God has guided aright. God was not going to make your faith fruitless. For, most surely God is affectionate and merciful to humanity (2:143). And strive in the way of God as is his due. He has chosen you and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship, the religion of your father Abraham. He has named you Muslims before and in this (Qur'an) that the Messenger may be a witness (shahid) over you and you may be witnesses over humanity. So establish regular prayer and practice regular charity and hold fast by God. He is your protecting friend, and what a protector and what a helper (22:78). O Prophet! We have sent you as a witness (shahid) and a bringer of good tidings and a warner (33:45).

1 Like

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 8:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
How do you know how to pray using the Quran alone?

The Quranites will answer back by saying that prayer has been sanctioned before and that the Prophets that came before the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) used to pray. They say that this also applies to Abraham and that the method of prayer has been passed down unto the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

This weak argument can be refuted in many different ways.

First, challenge them to show you only one verse from the Qu'ran that says that the method of prayer was passed down from Abraham (peace be upon him) to Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Secondly, challenge them to prove from the Qu'ran alone that the way the Prophets before the time of Muhammad (peace be upon him) prayed is the same way as we pray today. Just because prayer was sanctioned for them, that doesn't mean it was the same method of prayer.

Thirdly, expose their inconsistencies and hypocrisy. They criticize Bukhari for collecting narrations 200 years after the Prophet's (peace be upon him) death but have no problem accepting methods of prayer being passed down from Abraham to the last Prophet while there is a time span of more than a thousand years between them! They claim that Allah did not promise to preserve the hadith, so challenge them back and ask them to show you where Allah promised to preserve the method of prayer passed down from Abraham to Muhammad (peace be upon them both).

Fourthly, the Quran condemns the method of prayer that was present in Mecca before Allah revealed the method of prayer to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him):

Surah 8:35

Their prayer at the House (of God) is nothing but whistling and clapping of hands: (Its only answer can be), "Taste ye the penalty because ye blasphemed."

So if the method of prayer was passed down, then surely people would have been practicing it. Obviously, Muslim dont clap or whistle in Salat.

Fifthly, God says in the Qur'an...
Surah 2:239

(During war and emergency) if you (are in a state of) fear, then (perform the 'salat') standing up, (walking), or on horseback. Then, as soon as you have peace, remember Allah in the manner He has taught you which you (previously) did not know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 8:51pm On Sep 06, 2014
God is telling the people to make remembrance (dhikr) of Him the way He taught them which they did not know before. Salat (Prayer) is a form of remembrance:

Surah 20:14

Indeed, I am the One _ Allah! There is no god except Me! So obey Me and establish the 'salat' (prayers) to remember (li dhikr) Me.

So we are to pray to Allah the way He taught us. But note that Allah says in the end of Surah 2:239 that this way was not known to the Muslims at that time. If the tradition of prayer was passed down from Abraham's time then the Muslims would have known how to perform it. However, Allah is saying here that they did not know. So surely they must have been taught, but by whom? Well the verse says that Allah had taught them, but how did Allah teach them? Did He teach them in the Qur'an? I say that He didn't in the Qur'an and I challenge anyone to use the Qur'an alone to show me how it teaches us to pray the way Muslims pray today.

Don't show me verses where the Qur'an says that we should bow down and prostrate. No, show me where the Quran says WHEN we should prostrate and bow down (the order) and what we should say in each position. It is impossible and no one can show us this. We can only conclude that the method of prayer that we implement today as Muslims came from another source besides the Qur'an and that is the authentic Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Allah taught us how to pray by using the Prophet (peace be upon him) to show us. The Qur'an says that Allah revealed the Quran to us, but then in another verse it says that the Holy Spirit (Gabriel) sent the Qur'an down to us. Is this a contradiction? No, it's God sending us the Qur'an down but through the agency of the Angel Gabriel. Similarly it is Allah teaching us how to pray, but through the agency of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

1 Like

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 8:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
One can also challenge the Quranites to show where the Qur'an says how many raka's we must pray for each prayer. They won't be able to do so. Some will desperately reply back that the numbers of raka'ts are not important. These kind of silly replies are not even worth responding back to. It's obvious that you have trapped them.

At this point, it's safe to say Quranists must accept the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (Allah's blessing be upon him). Quranists claim they do not reject Prophet Muhammad(saw) yet they reject obligatory practices in his Sunnah. There are many verses in the Qur'an commanding muslims to follow and obey the Messanger(Muhammad). These are few of them:

33:71....And whosoever obeys Allah and His Messenger (SAW) he has indeed achieved a great achievement.

47:33. O you who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger (Muhammad SAW)...

48:17. ...And whosoever obeys Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW), He will admit him to Gardens beneath which rivers flow (Paradise)...

59:7....And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)...

64:12. Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger (Muhammad SAW)...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
The Scope of the Prophetic Authority:

The Holy Qur'ân has not only stressed upon the "obedience of the Messenger" as a general rule or principle. It has also highlighted the different shades of authority in order to explain the scope of his obedience, and the various spheres where it is to be applied.

The Prophet's Authority to Make Laws:

"And My mercy embraces all things. So I shall prescribe it for those who fear Allâh and pay zakâh (obligatory alms) and those who have faith in Our signs; those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet whom they find written down in the Torah and the Injîl, and who bids them to the Fair and forbids them the Unfair, and makes lawful for them the good things, and makes unlawful for them the impure things, and relieves them of their burdens and of the shackles that were upon them. So, those who believe in him, and honour him, and help him, and follow the light that has been sent down with him- they are the ones who acquire success". (7:156-157)

1 Like

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 8:55pm On Sep 06, 2014
The emphasized words in this ayat signify that one of the functions of the Holy Prophet is "to make lawful the good things and make unlawful the impure things."

"Fight those who do not believe in Allâh and the Hereafter and do not hold unlawful what Allâh and His Messenger have made unlawful". (9:29)

The underlined words signify that it is necessary to "hold unlawful what Allâh and His Messenger made unlawful," and that the authority making something unlawful is not restricted to Allâh Almighty. The Holy Prophet can also, by the will of Allâh, exercise this authority.

The Holy Qur'ân says: "No believer, neither man nor woman, has a right, when Allâh and His Messenger decide a matter, to have a choice in their matter in issue. And whoever disobeys Allâh and His Messenger has gone astray into manifest error". (33:36)

Here, the decisions of Allâh and the Messenger both have been declared binding on the believers. It is thus clear that the Holy Prophet has the legal authority to deliver decisions in the collective and individual affairs of the believers who are bound to surrender to those decisions.

The Holy Qur'ân says: "Whatever the Messenger gives you, take it; and whatever he forbids you, refrain from it". (59:7)

1 Like

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
It will be interesting here to cite a wise answer of 'Abdullâh ibn Mas'ûd, the blessed companion of the Holy Prophet, which he gave to a woman. A woman from the tribe of Asad came to 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ûd and said, "I have come to know that you hold such and such things as prohibited. I have gone through the whole Book of Allâh, but never found any such prohibition in it." 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ûd replied, "Had you read the Book you would have found it. Allâh Almighty says: "Whatever the Messenger gives you, take it; and whatever he forbids you, refrain from it." (59:7). (Ibn Mâjah)

By this answer 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ûd pointed out that this ayat is so comprehensive that it embodies all the orders and prohibitions of the Holy Prophet and since the questioned prohibitions are enforced by the Holy Prophet they form part of this ayat, though indirectly.

The Holy Qur'ân says: "But no, by your Lord, they shall not be (deemed to be) believers unless they accept you as judge in their disputes, then find in their hearts no adayat feeling against what you decided, but surrender to it in complete submission". (4:65)

1 Like

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 9:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
The ayat vehemently insists that the person who does not accept the verdicts of the Holy Prophet cannot be held to be a believer. This ayat gives the Holy Prophet not only the authority of a judge, but also confers upon him the authority to make laws, as binding on the Muslims as the divine laws.

Finally, one would notice that Quranists do not use or love to use Semitic language of Qur'an. They dislike to use Allah and instead they prefer the created english word "God" as a substitute.

They (Quranists) called Muslims polytheists. In hadith, the prophet(saw) said never to accuse another muslim of being a kafir, that whosoever accuses another of being a kafir, if it is the truth, then nothing will happen to him, but if it is false, then the accuser will be the one who would become a kafir.

One would also notice that they(Quranists) do not send salam (blessing) on the noble Prophet Muhammad (saw) or any Prophets and messangers of Allah. I asked Quranist on Facebook 5yrs ago why he doesnt send blessing on the Prophet and why he doesnt use prefix, the adjective anytime he mentions Prophets' names?. He said it's not in Qur'an. Those people have strange view of Islam in modern time. I personally dont think they are followers of Quran, hence, it's incorrect to call them Quranite in my view. However, it's understandable in order to differentiate them from body of Ummah.

Should They Be Called Muslims?
Well, this is matter better left for Sheik. Quranist I met on Facebook yrs ago calls himself Muslim. But the one we have here on Nairaland reject Muslim tag. I say to him (becareful what you wish for). I personally believe they are Muslims but with greater bi'dah(innovation).

1 Like

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Question01(m): 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
Peace be with you.
Here is a response to Zawadi 's Criticisms which you 've heavily depended on: Refuting The Hadith Defender Book

Empiree:
The Holy Qur'ân says: "Whatever the Messenger gives you, take it; and whatever he forbids you, refrain from it". (59:7)

It will be interesting here to cite a wise answer of 'Abdullâh ibn Mas'ûd, the blessed companion of the Holy Prophet, which he gave to a woman. A woman from the tribe of Asad came to 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ûd and said, "I have come to know that you hold such and such things as prohibited. I have gone through the whole Book of Allâh, but never found any such prohibition in it." 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ûd replied, "Had you read the Book you would have found it. Allâh Almighty says: "Whatever the Messenger gives you, take it; and whatever he forbids you, refrain from it." (59:7). (Ibn Mâjah)

You did this in the past, i corrected you but you are doing it again. I know you do not truely read my posts. But i do not seek to win over anyone. I just want the truth to be seen.

Qur'an 59:7
And what Allah restored to His Messenger from the people of the towns - it is for Allah and for the Messenger and for [his] near relatives and orphans and the [stranded] traveler - so that it will not be a perpetual distribution among the rich from among you. And whatever the Messenger has given you - take; and what he has forbidden you - refrain from. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is severe in penalty.

Read the whole verse instead of only the fraction you have posted and you will find that it deals with distribution of spoils of war by the Messenger, not legislation by the Messenger.

Also since you respect hadith so much, here is one that support my position and contradict the one you just cited:

Sahih Bukhari
Volume 1, Book of Prayer, Number 446 :

Narrated by 'Aisha:

Barira came to seek my help regarding her manumission. I told herself you like I would pay your price to your masters but your Al-Wala (1) would be for me." Her masters said, "If you like, you can pay what remains (of the price of her manumission), (Sufyan the sub-narrator once said), or if you like you can manumit her, but her (inheritance) Al-Wala would be for us. "When Allah's Apostle came, I spoke to him about it. He said, "Buy her and manumit her. No doubt Al- Wala(1) is for the manumitted." Then Allah's Apostle stood on the pulpit (or Allah's Apostle ascended the pulpit as Sufyan once said), and said, "What about some people who impose conditions which are not present in Allah's Book (Laws)? Whoever imposes conditions which are not in Allah's Book (Laws), his conditions will be invalid even if he imposed them a hundred times."

1 Like

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Question01(m): 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
Finally, one would notice that Quranists do not use or love to use Semitic language of Qur'an. They dislike to use Allah and instead they prefer the created english word "God" as a substitute.

You are certain to say this because semitic(arabic) words are divine to you. You may find Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims helpful.

God sent messages to many communities in their tongue. Not everyone of these communities spoke semitic languages. It is funny that you think the word 'God' is man made while 'Allah' is divine. Please do some research, 'Allah' was used in Arabia before the Qur'an. It wasn't introduced by the Qur'an. Then again, stop dwelling on irrelevancies. 'God' has no specific name(17:110)

They (Quranists) called Muslims polytheists.

We don't. We see you as people of the Book. We only believe some of your doctrines like belief in intercession of the Prophet, veneration of the Prophet during Hajj e.t.c to be anti Quranic and polytheistic.

One would also notice that they(Quranists) do not send salam (blessing) on the noble Prophet Muhammad (saw) or any Prophets and messangers of Allah.

Salat is for absolute reverence of God(29:45) and you do not revere another one in the course of it(72:18).
The Verse(33:56) you cite to corroborate your hadith for this doctrine was distorted and mistranslated by your trusted ulemas in order to have you venerate a human being alongside with God. They tell you that salawaat is just praying for Muhammad and not idol worship. Ask them why it is done in the middle of Salat.

I asked Quranist on Facebook 5yrs ago why he doesnt send blessing on the Prophet and why he doesnt use prefix, the adjective anytime he mentions Prophets' names?. He said it's not in Qur'an.

Qur'an 2:136 direct us to mention messengers' names without ordering us to send blessings to them. Is obeying this verse disrespecting the messengers?

Should They Be Called Muslims? Well, this is matter better left for Sheik. Quranist I met on Facebook yrs ago calls himself Muslim. But the one we have here on Nairaland reject Muslim tag. I say to him (becareful what you wish for).

'Muslim' is more of a description than a name or collective noun. If you were candid enough, you would have translated it like you did to other collective nouns such as 'mushrikin, ahlul kitab, munafiqun'. Then you will find that 'Muslim' is not specifically a name like Ojo or Nigeria that must/can not be altered for another. Then you won't be beating yourself over this.

Those people have strange view of Islam in modern time.
So? does being strange equate to false? Listen to yourself and study your hadith:

Abû Hurayrah relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said:
“Islam began strange, and it will become strange again just like it was at the beginning, so blessed are the strangers.”
[Sahîh Muslim (1/130)]
Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 2:19am On Oct 20, 2014
Question01:
Peace be with you.

You did this in the past, i corrected you but you are doing it again. I know you do not truely read my posts. But i do not seek to win over anyone. I just want the truth to be seen.
Walaikum salam. I really dont recall talking to someone by this username. The only hadith rejecter i know of and i haven't seen here for sometime is 'usermane', my troubled friend. So I dont recalled talking to Question01. Maybe you are just another Quranite/Quranist?. You are welcome by the way.
Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 2:53am On Oct 20, 2014
Question01:

Those people have strange view of Islam in modern time.
So? does being strange equate to false? Listen to yourself and study your hadith:

Abû Hurayrah relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said:
“Islam began strange, and it will become strange again just like it was at the beginning, so blessed are the strangers.”

[Sahîh Muslim (1/130)]

Your responses, let say you just having fun. Example, Sheik Hakeem Quick was in NY some yrs back. Dressed in traditional african/Islamic attire. He was coming out of a conference. Around the corner is a Band. You know those Band guys in summer dress in cowboy hat, no shirt, just underwear(like boxer), guitar and boot. He looked at Sheik Quick and said 'yo man, you look strange'. Mr. Quick quoted the same hadith you cited here. In the video, he himself acknowledged that Band themselves look strange.
My point is 'stranger' mentioned in the hadith is understood by the muslims. Not stranger as you would like to portray. Got my point?. That's, there are those true muslims who are indeed strangers according to the hadith. But there are also those 'muslims' who come up with liberal interpretation of islam with too much flaws and their interpretation is simply devoid of guidance. Same applies to extremists interpretation. They too are 'strangers'. So you not going to fool me by your 'stranger'. By the way, why quoting the hadith when you dont believe in it?
Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 3:04am On Oct 20, 2014
Question01:

Salat is for absolute reverence of God(29:45) and you do not revere another one in the course of it(72:18).
The Verse(33:56) you cite to corroborate your hadith for this doctrine was distorted and mistranslated by your trusted ulemas in order to have you venerate a human being alongside with God. They tell you that salawaat is just praying for Muhammad and not idol worship. Ask them why it is done in the middle of Salat.
You have no idea what you just said. Salat in Sura 29:45 and 72:18 is about obligatory salat. There is huge difference between that and 33:56. So are you saying muslims sending salawaat on Noble prophet is shirk?. This is clear order from Quran to send blessing on His noble prophet not praying obligatory salat to prophet. Even Allah and His Angels also send salawaat on Muhammad (saw). Who are you to question this. The man in the video seems to explain this. Watch... as the brother rightly said, the subject is really problematic for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X706Ne4dmpQ&list=UUiVusFnWKEZ1kHyTy_9jXcw
Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 12:38pm On Oct 21, 2014
Question01:

You are certain to say this because semitic(arabic) words are divine to you. You may find Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims helpful.

God sent messages to many communities in their tongue. Not everyone of these communities spoke semitic languages. It is funny that you think the word 'God' is man made while 'Allah' is divine. Please do some research, 'Allah' was used in Arabia before the Qur'an. It wasn't introduced by the Qur'an. Then again, stop dwelling on irrelevancies. 'God' has no specific name(17:110)
It's irrelevant arguing with you over this. Just do me a favor; kindly spell back 'Allah' and 'God' and tell me what you get, please.

Language of Qur'an is Arabic. Therefore, Quran must be read in Arabic. Understanding comes later.
Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Question01(m): 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
Empiree: Who are you to question this?
Am Question01

So you think am taking your salawaat for Muhammad as Salat. You better read and digest my post properly again.

I don't have time for linguistic analysis. Have a crack at this: [url=http://http://www.quran-islam.org/main_topics/misinterpreted_verses/corruption_of_33:56_%28P1243%29.html]33:56[/url]

As i previously asked, if the Salawat doctrine isn't meant to join Muhammad in worship of God, why is it done in the middle of salat(tashahood) which is suppose to be devoted to God alone? Why does ommiting it nullify one 's salat according to your religion. I haven't even started on attahiyat yet.
Also, sending blessing may be a way of invoking. The meccan polytheists knew this well.

1 Like

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
Question01:

Am Question01

So you think am taking your salawaat for Muhammad as Salat. You better read and digest my post properly again.

I don't have time for linguistic analysis. Have a crack at this: [url=http://http://www.quran-islam.org/main_topics/misinterpreted_verses/corruption_of_33:56_%28P1243%29.html]33:56[/url]

As i previously asked, if the Salawat doctrine isn't meant to join Muhammad in worship of God, why is it done in the middle of salat(tashahood) which is suppose to be devoted to God alone? Why does ommiting it nullify one 's salat according to your religion. I haven't even started on attahiyat yet.
Also, sending blessing may be a way of invoking. The meccan polytheists knew this well.

You really getting weird now. Where did get bold from?. It's not mandatory in salat. Tashahud is basic requirement. @ blue, that's just your ignorant opinion. Yeah, let's hear what you got on Tashahud.
Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Question01(m): 3:21pm On Oct 21, 2014
Empiree:
You really getting weird now. Where did get bold from?. It's not mandatory in salat. Tashahud is basic requirement. @ blue, that's just your ignorant opinion. Yeah, let's hear what you got on Tashahud.

Go find out from your scholars, a salat or dua without salam or salawaat for the Prophet is null. I may get you a few hadith on this later.
Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 5:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
Question01:

Go find out from your scholars, a salat or dua without salam or salawaat for the Prophet is null. I may get you a few hadith on this later.
Sorry, I don't need scholar for this. Quote many ahadith as you want. It does not null salat nor is it mandatory.

At-Tashahud
At-Taĥīyātu Lillāhi Wa Aş-Şalawātu Wa Aţ-Ţayyibātu
As-Salāmu `Alayka 'Ayyuhā An-Nabīyu Wa Raĥmatu Allāhi Wa Barakātuhu
As-Salāmu `Alaynā Wa `Alaá `Ibādi Allāhi Aş-Şāliĥīna
Ash/hadu 'An Lā 'Ilāha 'Illā Allāhu Wa 'Ash/hadu 'Anna Muĥammadāan `Abduhu Wa Rasūluhu

Al-Lahumma Şalli `Alaá Muĥammadin Wa `Alaá 'Āli Muĥammadin Kamā Şallayta `Alaá 'Ibrāhīma Wa `Alaá 'Āli 'Ibrāhīma
Fī Al-`Ālamīna 'Innaka Ĥamīdun Majīdun
Wa Bārik `Alaá Muĥammadin Wa `Alaá 'Āli Muĥammadin Kamā Bārakta `Alaá 'Ibrāhīma Wa `Alaá 'Āli 'Ibrāhīma
Fī Al-`Ālamīna 'Innaka Ĥamīdun Majīdun

Greetings, prayers and the good things of life belong to Allah.
Peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be on you, O Prophet.
May peace be upon us and on the devout slaves of Allah.
I testify that there is no god but Allah and I testify that Muhammad is His slave and messenger.

O Allah, bless Muhammad and his family as You blessed Ibrahim and his family. You are the Most Praised, the Most Glorious. O Allah, be gracious unto Muhammad and his family as You you were gracious unto Ibrahim and his family. You are the Most Praised, the Most Glorious.

You probably talking about bold. What's wrong with that?. The creator Himself sends praises on His own prophet many places in Qur'an. He ordains His obedient servants to do the same. This has nothing to do with shirk or worshiping the son of Abdullah(saw). Bold is Allah's greeting to His nabi. It's part of Tashahud as thaught by the prophet. Worship alone is for Most High Alone.

@blue is what i was referring to earlier when you said without this 'Salawat' on the prophet in tashahud, salat is null. That, i said is not compulsory. Do you even realized how 'Tashahud' came about?. Calm down Mr. usermane.

1 Like

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Question01(m): 9:15am On Oct 23, 2014
Here is an hadith on dua. A clear indication that for dua to be accepted, salawaat has to come in according to orthodox:

“Duaa is suspended between heaven and earth and none of it is taken up until you send blessings upon your Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam.” [At-Tirmidhi, Hasan Al-Albani]

On of Salat, it is specifically believed by shiites that salat is null without it salawat, period. For sunnis, it is agreed that ommiting salawat require performing prostration of forgetfullness. At least this is the stand of ahlul sunna founders like imam Shaafi. Therefore salawat is as mandatory as ruku or sajda. You may not deliberately leave it out.

I would not treat this issue anymore. You have contradicted your own ulamas a couple of times. As i stated before, am not here win supporters. If you will accept fables, myths and legends like origin of darood, then convincing you here is as good as pushing a wall.

So long, so long.
Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 12:32pm On Oct 23, 2014
^^^ Dont run away yet. There are basically 2 salawat highlighted above. Are you talking about bold or blue, "Salaat al-Ibrahimiyyah"?. And besides your source isnt comprehensive enough. This is not about winning or losing. This is about educating one another. 'Salaat Ibrahimiyyah' is NOT mandatory in Tashahud. Thats the one i was talking about.

But basic tashahud with highlighted praises of the prophet is definitely a must. That's how the prophet taught us. Highlighted part is actually statement of the Lord(azal wajal) praising His messanger (salalahu alaih wasalam). If that's what you are referring to as shirk, you wrong. In another word, hadith you quoted is correct in that sense. It's a must.
Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 4:58am On Oct 25, 2014
Empiree:
How do you know how to pray using the Quran alone?

The Quranites will answer back by saying that prayer has been sanctioned before and that the Prophets that came before the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) used to pray. They say that this also applies to Abraham and that the method of prayer has been passed down unto the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

This weak argument can be refuted in many different ways.

First, challenge them to show you only one verse from the Qu'ran that says that the method of prayer was passed down from Abraham (peace be upon him) to Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Secondly, challenge them to prove from the Qu'ran alone that the way the Prophets before the time of Muhammad (peace be upon him) prayed is the same way as we pray today. Just because prayer was sanctioned for them, that doesn't mean it was the same method of prayer.

Thirdly, expose their inconsistencies and hypocrisy. They criticize Bukhari for collecting narrations 200 years after the Prophet's (peace be upon him) death but have no problem accepting methods of prayer being passed down from Abraham to the last Prophet while there is a time span of more than a thousand years between them! They claim that Allah did not promise to preserve the hadith, so challenge them back and ask them to show you where Allah promised to preserve the method of prayer passed down from Abraham to Muhammad (peace be upon them both).

Fourthly, the Quran condemns the method of prayer that was present in Mecca before Allah revealed the method of prayer to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him):

Surah 8:35

Their prayer at the House (of God) is nothing but whistling and clapping of hands: (Its only answer can be), "Taste ye the penalty because ye blasphemed."

So if the method of prayer was passed down, then surely people would have been practicing it. Obviously, Muslim dont clap or whistle in Salat.

Fifthly, God says in the Qur'an...
Surah 2:239

(During war and emergency) if you (are in a state of) fear, then (perform the 'salat') standing up, (walking), or on horseback. Then, as soon as you have peace, remember Allah in the manner He has taught you which you (previously) did not know.

2 Likes

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Ifeann(f): 12:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
Empiree:
Who Are Quranites/Quranists?

They are smarter people than u Muslims that believe the nonsense stories of moon splitting in the hadiths
Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
Empiree, qu'ranites or qu'ranist re reformed muslims. Dose dat see muhammed as a joke.

3 Likes

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 02, 2015
Dey re d brave of all muslims, dey don't follow muslim doctrine blindly. Dey want d best for their grl child, dey don't want old men to rape dem children. Dey don't believe in sex slaves, dey don't believe in killing of jews christians, dey don't believe ya must force one to worship allah, dey value life, dey don't believe in millitancy. They don't believe in beating women and raping dem, dey don't believe in polygamous family, dey don't believe in muhammed and d falsehood he represents. Dey believe in peace.
Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
Masha Allah. Nice write-up OP. I have never really studied the aqeedah of the Quraniyyun, though have read much on most of the other sects that relate themselves to Islam. I just do not understand how they believe that the Qur'an can be understood without the background of the hadith or seerah. They will probably interprete the Qur'an the way Christians (and extremist muslims) do... ignorantly. Definitely, I want to believe that usermane is not an advanced Quraniyy; he has very poor knowledge in Islamic law derivation techniques, and is always twisting himself round in circles; so I do not think there is much to learn from him.

Do you know any of the books written by them explaining their doctrines please? I would love to be able to get some.

I wish this thread was on Islam section though.

2 Likes

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
Abuamam:
Masha Allah. Nice write-up OP. I have never really studied the aqeedah of the Quraniyyun, though have read much on most of the other sects that relate themselves to Islam. I just do not understand how they believe that the Qur'an can be understood without the background of the hadith or seerah. They will probably interprete the Qur'an the way Christians (and extremist muslims) do... ignorantly. Definitely, I want to believe that usermane is not an advanced Quraniyy; he has very poor knowledge in Islamic law derivation techniques, and is always twisting himself round in circles; so I do not think there is much to learn from him.

Do you know any of the books written by them explaining their doctrines please? I would love to be able to get some.

I wish this thread was on Islam section though.
like to know d rationale behind muhamed raping a 9 years old grl and thighing her to discharge wen she was 6?

2 Likes

Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Empiree: 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
^I thought it's on Islam section. Yes, Quraniyun got some sick ideology. Not on my regular pc now. Will be here later, inshallah
Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
Empiree:
^I thought it's on Islam section. Yes, Quraniyun got some sick ideology. Not on my regular pc now. Will be here later, inshallah

Ok. Jazakum Allah khayran. Will love to get some titles of their books.
Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by dorox(m): 6:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
I see no reason why this topic was not posted in the muslim only section, or is your your muslim only section now a desolate waste land of inactivity that you now post a topic that should concern only muslims in the general religious page?
Mods should please do their job and send this thread to the islamic section where it belongs.
Re: Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) by Macelliot(m): 7:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
like to know d rationale behind muhamed raping a 9 years old grl and thighing her to discharge wen she was 6?
Guy, stop all this.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians,please Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Is Regards As Jesus Christ / Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? / Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.