Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,865 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? (36465 Views)

What's Wrong With DSTV? / What's With Dstv's Censoring? / Problem With Dstv Decoder And Smartcard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by BuhBye: 8:25am On Sep 10, 2014
imsuboi: crappy overhyped dish undecided undecided

Show me a better alternative.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by oluwasegun007(m): 8:29am On Sep 10, 2014
Thank God for this post, I thought my smart card was faulty. I hope they resolve it soon, that is what you get in a monopoly market
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by ateizaa(m): 8:29am On Sep 10, 2014
I face d same problem too
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by BuhBye: 8:30am On Sep 10, 2014
emusmith: Team Metrodigital... Showing My Real Madrid matches...What more can I ask for?

Picture quality is just disgusting one can actually see the individual pixels. I will only recommend metro if you love sports but can't afford Dstv.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 10, 2014
BuhBye:

His decoder is not faulty, didn't you read the comments from other members. Oh i'm sorry, i guess we all have faulty decoders maybe it's time to buy that over priced PVR.
But mine is not doing like that sha. Its the normal small white decoder.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by leoanrd200: 8:31am On Sep 10, 2014
Guys I was thinking its mine alone. My own has been doing this in the last 2 months. I keep calling and they keep telling me to remove the card and put it back. It will display my Smart card is faulty or You are not enabled to view this Channel. DSTV should do something fast.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by niggi4life(m): 8:33am On Sep 10, 2014
Austamaj: The solution is simple whe it asks for reboot just press EXIT on your remote you will be fine. That's my short cut solution.
You seem not to get it, it doesnt ask for a reboot, it reboots itself
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by robinsoncrosoe: 8:34am On Sep 10, 2014
Have anyone done smartcard swap and how much did it cost
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Toluchenko(m): 8:34am On Sep 10, 2014
Hello everyone!! I'm d newest guy on here.
Wishing myself a nice time on NL.
Guess u all wish me d same.
Peace!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Melahou(m): 8:39am On Sep 10, 2014
Same thing happening to mine...i thought my decoder is having issues until now...
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by bhouze(m): 8:41am On Sep 10, 2014
Velvet86: Please is anyone experiencing the same problem as I am.?
My decoder is always changing channels on its own & the most annoying is the rebooting/scanning which takes ages to complete.

Pls what is actually the problem?
Is it Software issues?

It's very frustrating especially when it causes you to miss important episodes.
. telemundo episodes I guess grin
Velvet86: Please is anyone experiencing the same problem as I am.?
My decoder is always changing channels on its own & the most annoying is the rebooting/scanning which takes ages to complete.

Pls what is actually the problem?
Is it Software issues?

It's very frustrating especially when it causes you to miss important episodes.
. telemundo episodes I guess
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by mbulela: 8:43am On Sep 10, 2014
emusmith: Team Metrodigital... Showing My Real Madrid matches...What more can I ask for?
But there's no metrodigital in lagos. I swore by metro in ph.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by amanze15(m): 8:44am On Sep 10, 2014
kultimate009: Simple Solution.... BUY GOTV.... Better, cheaper and as far as I know it doesn't 'hang' or 'freeze' and most importantly, almost the same content.... Abi na by force to watch Comedy Central ni? even 1500 access payment for DSTV better pass GOTV grin

#Team GOTV
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by ganex: 8:49am On Sep 10, 2014
pls can anyone confirmed if metrodigital is now working in lagos.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by yuzjet(m): 8:51am On Sep 10, 2014
femi4: Did you forget these:

1. After scanning, some channels becomes missing in action e.g SS3, you have to put the decoder off for like 5mins and rescan

2. After reaching 26/26 which consumes almost 10mins, alas another message appear on your screen "E30-2, pls wait for about 2mins, we are trying to verify your account....bla bla"

U're right.

U can't believe while I was watching Man City vs Stoke match, after the half time, that Select 2 disappeared when second half was about to start?
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by An0nimus: 8:52am On Sep 10, 2014

No EPL?
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by ganex: 8:52am On Sep 10, 2014
pls i need confirmation if metrodigital is now working here in lagos.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by BuhBye: 8:57am On Sep 10, 2014
Slymonster: The time counting annoys me more,from 26 it will go up to 100 one day...
haha I remember when it was just 12. Dstv should just find a way to get rid of that stuff.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by BuhBye: 8:59am On Sep 10, 2014
femi4: Did you forget these:

1. After scanning, some channels becomes missing in action e.g SS3, you have to put the decoder off for like 5mins and rescan

2. After reaching 24/24 which consumes almost 10mins, alas another message appear on your screen "E30-2, pls wait for about 2mins, we are trying to verify your account....bla bla"

1. yes, sometimes i only get 10 channels.
2. Doesn't take that long Nah
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by BuhBye: 9:01am On Sep 10, 2014
YoungDaNaval: Smh 4 You'all DSTV Subscriberz. Go 4 Metro All The Way!!! They Neva Disappoint!

#team_meatro!
Yes they do.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by leoanrd200: 9:01am On Sep 10, 2014
Have anyone done smartcard swap and how much did it cost
SmartCard Swap is N3000. Thats what I paid .
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Tinyemeka(m): 9:06am On Sep 10, 2014
kultimate009: Simple Solution.... BUY GOTV.... Better, cheaper and as far as I know it doesn't 'hang' or 'freeze' and most importantly, almost the same content.... Abi na by force to watch Comedy Central ni?
#Team GOTV
Tell them my brother.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by ptownman: 9:07am On Sep 10, 2014
My RSTV is clearer than ever. Make ona no go buy free-to-air. Imagine paying 11k and no light, freezing and rescanning decoder when you spend more money on fuel and generator. *abeg tune to jimjam for the kids*
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Decryptor(m): 9:19am On Sep 10, 2014
I am still enjoying my Q-TV that gives me all the channels DStv has to offer including EPL. DSTv can go to hell...only ignoramuses still pay DStv
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by umar1988: 9:25am On Sep 10, 2014
FORGET ABOUT THE RUBBISH DSTV AND GO QSAT GIVE YOU ALL DSTV CHANNELS FOR ONLY N1000 MONTHLY

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by twinstaiye(m): 9:27am On Sep 10, 2014
I hadnt noticed any of the above complaints. However, I use their new decoder, DSTV Explora. Can we be specific about the type of decoder we are using? I heard the HD PVR decoder doesnt record channels anymore either.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by mbulela: 9:29am On Sep 10, 2014
ganex: pls i need confirmation if metrodigital is now working here in lagos.

No it doesn't
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by scobaba: 9:29am On Sep 10, 2014
Mine goes from channel 101,102,103..... TO CHANNEL 1,2,3 to 7.

Then yesterday, it said 'you are not enabled to view this channel as your subscription is bla bla bla'.

for wetin, when i still have like 9 days, i called them, they rectified it and promised it wunt happen again.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by sewa36447(m): 9:36am On Sep 10, 2014
Buy Startimes decoder or StarTimes Dish. It's cheaper and boot within 1 minutes. I watch almost all d European 2016 Qualifying matches on StarTimes.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by olatpic(m): 9:46am On Sep 10, 2014
Hmm...hope it's not the Nigerian factor at work again?

Anyway, You Can Get A Website For Your Biz, Company, NGO, Church, School etc here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1793958/affordable-website-design-individuals-business#26175557
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by kelzdelight: 9:48am On Sep 10, 2014
kultimate009: Simple Solution.... BUY GOTV.... Better, cheaper and as far as I know it doesn't 'hang' or 'freeze' and most importantly, almost the same content.... Abi na by force to watch Comedy Central ni?

Gotv n Dstv re incomparable in all ramification

#Team GOTV

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nina's Boyfriend, Collins Reaches Out To Her Following Her Cry In The Diary Room / BBNaija: Alex Tags BamBam "Dirty". Nigerians React / Bbnaija: Cee-c Gives Reason Bambam Is Madly In Love With Teddy A [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.