Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,298 members, 7,811,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? (36466 Views)

What's Wrong With DSTV? / What's With Dstv's Censoring? / Problem With Dstv Decoder And Smartcard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Worksunlimited: 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
yuzjet: *Not that alone*

To re-subscribe, na wahala.

Decoder hanging like curve 2.

It takes forever to scan.

It auto change channels on its own.

And sometimes, it ignore instructions from its remote.

Many more of those problems though..... Something is definitely wrong with their server!

@OP thanks for creating the thread and also to the Mod that brought this on FP, kudos.

Bruv! You are spot on at the bolded.. The First time the tin happen to me, i open the remote back check the dstv remote battery, the second time - i smack the back of my dstv remote control many times..

The funny thing be say u go dey change channel, the sensor go dey blink buh the channel no go change sam sam...

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by yuzjet(m): 12:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
Worksunlimited:

Bruv! You are spot on at the bolded.. The First time the tin happen to me, i open the remote back check the dstv remote battery, the second time - i smack the back of my dstv remote control many times..

The funny thing be say u go dey change channel, the sensor go dey blink buh the channel no go change sam sam...

Exactly @bolded!
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by coolebux(m): 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
I've observed all these sh*t
Another one is the loss of sound that happens whenever it likes
MONOPOLY abi AUTOCRACY

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by kultimate009: 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
gemiclem:

abeg gotv de show premier league? i no mean highlights,,,live ones
Yezir
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by futsteps: 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
other paytv are doing fantastic; You should try startimes, there is a whole lot of improvement on their channels, pictures quality.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by halima007: 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
STATIMES IS THE BOMB NOW!!!! all these problem does not happen with Startimes
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Decryptor(m): 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
venahoro: bros! Abeg! I dey hear about Diz Q-sat stuff; but no much details! #i fit get am for Benin here?!

It works where ever DStv works. As far as there is DStv reception in Benin, it will work there.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
flyingdutchman: Yeah! Thank goodness, I thought I was dreaming. I pay 11k every month for rubbish!

Nobody ask you how much you are paying oga sir. Since wey you dey enjoy am u no tell us how much u dey Pay. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Ekii(f): 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
The most annoying thing mine does is to switch channels to okapi....always okapi. Scanning is so slow,sometimes disobeys orders from the remote and resubscribing is never automatic. Must one always call the customer care for that?
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by ladgentle(m): 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
Same thing happens to mine. I thought my remote was malfunctioning.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by priscaoge(f): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
pelij: chai how i wish i can get a girl who will call me dear gringringrin
Lolcheesycheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by ElPhenomenal(m): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
My pvr has been doing rubbish too lately
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by kolanutt: 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
jeamie: go and get GOTV grin

GOTv dey show all EPL matches? angry
jeamie: go and get GOTV grin

GOTv dey show all EPL matches?
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
Velvet86: Please is anyone experiencing the same problem as I am.?
My decoder is always changing channels on its own & the most annoying is the rebooting/scanning which takes ages to complete.

Pls what is actually the problem?
Is it Software issues?

It's very frustrating especially when it causes you to miss important episodes.

Thank God o!!

Me I have a permanent E-32 Error Message that takes 5 Mins to wipe off everytime I start up my decoder...

So If NEPA Take Light return am, the Decoder boots and then a screen that says 'You need to rescan your decoder pops up' with the 'Ok' or 'Cancel' option. If you dare press okay, it rebooths the fhucking decoder from scratch. angry If you press cancel it just starts normally.. If you delay for 30secs, it reboots and rescans itself and takes like 3 - 6 minutes to come on, by then NEPA don either take the light back or the film don finish. angry

#DSTV PVR Decoder. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Dsd1pumpking(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
its same here and its frustrating
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by DaBullIT(m): 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
I smell espionage
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Opoki(m): 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
Please what is DSTv? Is that a new Vibraator in town?
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Babosa: 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM TOO. I HAVE STARTIMES. THEIR PROGRAMME CONTENT HAS IMPROVED. OCCASSIONAL EPILEPTIC SERVICE BUT STLL BETTER THAN DSTV RIP OFF. ONLY THING THEY HAVE IS ENGLISH FOOTBALL. OTHERWISE THEY WOULD HAVE CRASHED SINCE. YEYE PEOPLE.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by IYANGBALI: 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
preciosaadriana8: I Am Not Using Free To Air Dstv, We Were Using Strong Decoder Before But It Stopped Working So We Gave It Out And Bought The Original Dstv Decoder And Now Its Acting Up, So Where Did U Get The Idea That I Am Using A Free To Air Decoder
keep lying,God is WASHING you
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Tenderlover(f): 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hmmm its annoying o,I never knew some other persons too have d same issue. I am experiencing it too. I tot it was my decoder or dish that have issues. Nawao
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Tenderlover(f): 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
MrOrioye: I'm so happy to see this trend. I thought it was my decoder going bad. Now i know its a software problem. I hope they release a better software soon. shocked shocked shocked shocked
they should better act fast o,see me thinking it is my decoder. Anyways I have startimes decoder too. If it continues I will just switch over,I no fit shout.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by mikron(m): 6:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
mine freezes for seconds, sometimes minutes, so frustrating. yes mine rebooths sometimes too
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Deeman87: 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
MrOrioye: I'm so happy to see this trend. I thought it was my decoder going bad. Now i know its a software problem. I hope they release a better software soon. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Also tot is peculiar 2 my decorder alone...somtime it luks as if d station want to change..in fact der was a time I av 2 go outside my aparment 2 see if some1 is using remote 2 control it...

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by BuhBye: 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
Deeman87:
..in fact der was a time I av 2 go outside my aparment 2 see if some1 is using remote 2 control it...
Hahaha

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by siegfried99(m): 8:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
kultimate009: Simple Solution.... BUY GOTV.... Better, cheaper and as far as I know it doesn't 'hang' or 'freeze' and most importantly, almost the same content.... Abi na by force to watch Comedy Central ni?

#Team GOTV

grin

I love my "GoaTv" grin
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by GentleGina(f): 8:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
The DStv decoder problem seem to be a general problem because I am experiencing it too. And like someone suggested above, maybe they are deliberately doing it in order to force subscribers to buy PVR or Explorer decoders.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by MeAboki(m): 9:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
Yes I hate the long rebooting time, attendant with the annoying disruption/loss of viewing critical/enjoyable moments. I now avoid this problem, if caused by power failure by hooking my decoder to a UPS (thereby buying enough time for me to switch on the generator without the irritating interruption) but suffer like everyone else whenever I am forced to manually reboot as the only option to resolve the issue of hanging/freezing.

My second grouse is with the EPG, which I depend a lot on to pre-select programmes to watch by using the autotune option (you can pre-select a programme on any channel and when its time comes up the decoder switches to the channel automatically).
First of all, access to the EPG fails quite often or is delayed for hours, sometimes even days; or the programme content may not even be up to date (including missing channels to choose from).

For some years now I have also not been unable to access the audio section, for radio (e.g. BBC Hausa etc) and also audio music - like it use to be available before.
I don't know whether there is a trick to it or simply the service is no longer available - somebody this confirm pls.

It would appear that Nigerian factor is gradually creeping into their once efficient services; DSTV better wake up and do something quick before lose they lose customers to rival companies - I for one would immediately jump ship on emergence of the next competitive or better service provider.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by pitaodey: 10:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
aaronson: you mean that thing you remained for me naah I don't take things other people already stuck their mouth
guy, go clear ur head first joor
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by chubbyT1(f): 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
dashintrends: i suspect it is a software update that does not fit some decoders, but was sent to all.
Hubby said, its like they want to force us to get the PVR.
They should do something about this please.

I use an HD PVR and I experiencing same problem. It's always rebooting and scanning anytime I switch it on.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by slydog(m): 11:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
yuzjet:

heya, sorry ☺º°˚˚°ºo. I hope something will be done soon!

I was finally refunded today. But I'll try Star times this month and see how it goes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nina's Boyfriend, Collins Reaches Out To Her Following Her Cry In The Diary Room / BBNaija: Alex Tags BamBam "Dirty". Nigerians React / Bbnaija: Cee-c Gives Reason Bambam Is Madly In Love With Teddy A [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.