Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,034 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? (36467 Views)

What's Wrong With DSTV? / What's With Dstv's Censoring? / Problem With Dstv Decoder And Smartcard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 11, 2014
pitaodey:
guy, go clear ur head first joor
Just like you name reads pita---odey
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by preciosaadriana8(f): 12:13am On Sep 11, 2014
IYANGBALI: keep lying,God is WASHING you
Abeg Oh Do U Know Me From Anywhere Before, I Was Using Strong Decoder But My Hubby Had To Give It Out When It Stopped Woring And Had To Buy The Normal Dstv Decoder So I Dont Know Who U Think You Are, I Dont Even Owe U An Explanation,
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Denko2721987(m): 2:33am On Sep 11, 2014
kultimate009: Simple Solution.... BUY GOTV.... Better, cheaper and as far as I know it doesn't 'hang' or 'freeze' and most importantly, almost the same content.... Abi na by force to watch Comedy Central ni?

#Team GOTV

Pls i have been on the look out for a cheaper and same channel quality alternative to this dstv ripping Nigerians off their hard-earned money for so long now.. can u expantiate more on this GOTV with respect to pricing and installation cos i am hearing about it for the first time.. thanks,
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by kultimate009: 6:59am On Sep 11, 2014
Denko2721987:

Pls i have been on the look out for a cheaper and same channel quality alternative to this dstv ripping Nigerians off their hard-earned money for so long now.. can u expantiate more on this GOTV with respect to pricing and installation cos i am hearing about it for the first time.. thanks,
The decoder and antenna costs 6k wit a monthly sub fee of 1k5..... To install it is very easy... When u get home, bring out the contents of the box(decoder, remote, antenna parts) and install the antenna like your evryday antenna for local channels..... Put it on the roof of your house or somewhere high and then connect the cable to your decoder.... Switch it on, let it scan and that is it....
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by swankylay(m): 7:40am On Sep 11, 2014
Mine just freeze for like 1minute and nothing responds till itsdone with d rrubbish. This guys v been cheating us for so long. What daFuq is BON or whatever body responsible doing. Oga oo
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by yuzjet(m): 8:03am On Sep 11, 2014
slydog:

I was finally refunded today. But I'll try Star times this month and see how it goes

Lucky u!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by kuntash: 8:08am On Sep 11, 2014
Its 5 pages already on a very critical topic as this.

I would propose, these comments and feedback to be sent to the consumer rights protection agency, NCC , NBC etc for a review.

although this service is not forced on anyone, but for God's sake any pre-paid service as this, should meet up with its obligation.

I just wonder how many ways Nigerians are exploited, and painfully with no explanation, apology etc..

quite pathetic I must say.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 11, 2014
bhouze: . telemundo episodes I guess grin. telemundo episodes I guess
u got it wink
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Eretare(m): 8:56am On Sep 11, 2014
I thought I was the only one experiencing the reboot issue. Hope it is fixed soon.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by IYANGBALI: 9:06am On Sep 11, 2014
preciosaadriana8: Abeg Oh Do U Know Me From Anywhere Before, I Was Using Strong Decoder But My Hubby Had To Give It Out When It Stopped Woring And Had To Buy The Normal Dstv Decoder So I Dont Know Who U Think You Are, I Dont Even Owe U An Explanation,
kai Adriana can lie,God is WASHING you grin
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Thank God o!!

Me I have a permanent E-32 Error Message that takes 5 Mins to wipe off everytime I start up my decoder...

So If NEPA Take Light return am, the Decoder boots and then a screen that says 'You need to rescan your decoder pops up' with the 'Ok' or 'Cancel' option. If you dare press okay, it rebooths the fhucking decoder from scratch. angry If you press cancel it just starts normally.. If you delay for 30secs, it reboots and rescans itself and takes like 3 - 6 minutes to come on, by then NEPA don either take the light back or the film don finish. angry

#DSTV PVR Decoder. angry

you buy pvr decoder, 50" tv and u no gree buy ups cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
oyb:

you buy pvr decoder, 50" tv and u no gree buy ups cheesy cheesy

Chai!!! Lol..
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Denko2721987(m): 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
kultimate009: The decoder and antenna costs 6k wit a monthly sub fee of 1k5..... To install it is very easy... When u get home, bring out the contents of the box(decoder, remote, antenna parts) and install the antenna like your evryday antenna for local channels..... Put it on the roof of your house or somewhere high and then connect the cable to your decoder.... Switch it on, let it scan and that is it....

Okay thanks for the info.. But which channels do they offer?
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by flyingdutchman(m): 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
eddiebruk:

Nobody ask you how much you are paying oga sir. Since wey you dey enjoy am u no tell us how much u dey Pay. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Hia! If I had known that Dstv subscription fee would become a topic for some people
I for quiet oo ! Bros, sorry, I shall start paying 1500 from next month. See beef!
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
flyingdutchman:
Hia! If I had known that Dstv subscription fee would become a topic for some people
I for quiet oo ! Bros, sorry, I shall start paying 1500 from next month. See beef!

Tahhh my friend go and sleep
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by flyingdutchman(m): 9:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
grin grin grin
eddiebruk:

Tahhh my friend go and sleep
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by kultimate009: 7:57am On Sep 12, 2014
Denko2721987:

Okay thanks for the info.. But which channels do they offer?
Mnet Zone, E!, Super sports select 1 & 2, Super sports blitz, Discovery World, CNN, Aljazeera, Sony Max, BET, AM Yoruba, AM world, AM hausa, CN, Nickelodeon, Soundcity, Hip TV, Channel O, Nat Geo Wild, LTV, AIT, MITV, NTA, Telemundo, Televista, Silverbird, TBN, One Gospel, MTV Base, ED, and others....
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
kultimate009: Mnet Zone, E!, Super sports select 1 & 2, Super sports blitz, Discovery World, CNN, Aljazeera, Sony Max, BET, AM Yoruba, AM world, AM hausa, CN, Nickelodeon, Soundcity, Hip TV, Channel O, Nat Geo Wild, LTV, AIT, MITV, NTA, Telemundo, Televista, Silverbird, TBN, One Gospel, MTV Base, ED, and others....
I better go for it.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Dejour: 6:40am On Oct 01, 2014
I'm also avin thesame problem here may be worse sometimes d scanning process is not always succesful nd it's so annoying when watchin Bpl live match
Their customer care said some decoder are avin problem nd dat they should be taken to Dstv office for... May be medical check up Lol
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by domack99(m): 11:13am On Nov 22, 2014
Am having same problem, freezing and re booting. Sometimes the decoder we just show red light.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Alex Tags BamBam "Dirty". Nigerians React / Bbnaija: Cee-c Gives Reason Bambam Is Madly In Love With Teddy A [VIDEO] / Nina's Boyfriend, Collins Reaches Out To Her Following Her Cry In The Diary Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.