Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Mikel Miss First Chance! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Miss First Chance! (1511 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance / Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Miss First Chance! by Akolawole(m): 6:54pm On Jul 26, 2006
Can we remember the first problem Crespo had with Jose?

No non-sense mourinho off-loaded him to Millan on Loan.

Is Mikel going towards that direction?

Mikel is not going to America with Chelsea because "he forgot his US visa had expired"

"""""Visa woe rules Obi out

By GARY PAYNE

JOHN OBI MIKEL will miss Chelsea’s trip to America after he forgot to renew his visa.

The new £16million signing has been stuck in Nigeria since last week and cannot travel until his paperwork has been cleared.

That means he is unlikely to join the team flying to Chicago today for a friendly.

A close pal said: “John wanted to be in the pre-season team but is likely to miss the friendlies.

“He’s upset for not checking the visa expiry date.”
"""

How on earth could Mikel forget that?

Let hear your views.
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by mochafella(m): 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2006
Looks like the young man, needs a "senior bros" to help him keep his stuff in line. I hope he's not having too much fun and forgeting to take care of the little stuff. undecided
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by debosky(m): 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2006
but Akola point of objection, Crespo went to Italy because thats where he wanted to play, not because mourinho was 'no-nonsense'. the dude wasn't comfortable with england, he still isnt

back to MIkel. when all he was thinking about was the money he was going to make at chelsea, why won't he forget. the boy is still a kid.
i insist he should have gone to Man U. he's going to warm bench well this season because if he doesn't get playingh time pre-season, he's not going to be able to show his stuff
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by Akolawole(m): 11:47pm On Jul 26, 2006
debosky:

but Akola point of objection, Crespo went to Italy because thats where he wanted to play, not because mourinho was 'no-nonsense'. the dude wasn't comfortable with england, he still isnt

Did you know the whole story?

I know what i am talking about.

He is the first player that Jose dealt with.
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by Jackal(m): 11:59pm On Jul 26, 2006
Man Utd cannot be bothered about Mikel Obi's services any longer.
The young dude's heart is with Chelsea and i wish him good luck at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho was a bit angry with Crespo following his late arrival but Jose vowed to give him a chance.
Crespo missed his 1st day of training with his teammates and he gave excuses that he couldn't get a seat on the flight that was supposed to bring him to London.
The issue was settled then and that wasn't the reason why Crespo left for Milan.
Crespo went to Milan cos he relished the Serie A better than the Premiership.
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by Akolawole(m): 12:05am On Jul 27, 2006
Jackal:

Mourinho was a bit angry with Crespo following his late arrival but Jose vowed to give him a chance.
Crespo missed his 1st day of training with his teammates and he gave excuses that he couldn't get a seat on the flight that was supposed to bring him to London.
The issue was settled then and that wasn't the reason why Crespo left for Milan.
Crespo went to Milan because he relished the Serie A better than the Premiership.

I believe this is Chelsea's third trip to Yankee.

How many matches does Crespo played for Jose in that year?

Did Crespo goes to America with them that year?

This is offtopic though
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by debosky(m): 1:21am On Jul 27, 2006
it is offtopic but dude i'm very sure about it, crespo camt to england for the dougn, but has never liked it, he always wants to go back to italy, every season it always crops up.

back to topic, most of the top chelsea players don't play in the tours anyway, some fringe players yes but not all the top ones. too bad mikel is missing a chance to shine
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by Akolawole(m): 1:49am On Jul 27, 2006
@Debosky

Thanks for your information.

Tell me those that goes to US pleaseeeeeeee.

I would also like to know the "Fringe" players in Chelsea.
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by debosky(m): 3:35am On Jul 27, 2006
currently most of the new buys and loan returnees and non regular team players - wayne bridge, salomon kalou, diarra, mikel, hilario, and some youth team players

some top guys will go, but mostly these upcoming/non regulars will do most of the playing, thats what clubs do early preseason -check man u s/africa tour, arsenal in austria, liverpool, etc.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by amodu(m): 10:03am On Jul 27, 2006
It is so unfortunate for Mikel for making such a silly mistake.

very bad, with all the problem he faces earlier on about the tranfer saga, fortunately for him hescale through

look at what is using to start , so bad and am verysad about it.
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by loyika(m): 10:06am On Jul 27, 2006
Oga Debo sorry oh!! point of correction, the last USA tour, which funnily enough was also where chelsea went to last year, had every Chelsea player in attendance, Yeah not all players played during the games, but every one got a game,

I remember Chelsea played against Milan, DC united and one other team i can't remeber, yeah Benfica i think it is, all 1st team players got a run out in those matches eiither for 1 half. ( I know this cause i have Chelsea TV, so have no choice but to watch the damn thing since i subscribed to it!?)

The only reason players might be left out is due to the just concluded World cup, where players that took part are still on holiday, like it is with other clubs like Man U, who actually took everyone including Ole!! to Asia last year as well (have MUTV as well, what a strange Gonner i am or as Maureen will say VOYUER!! or however it is spelt), and Arsenal are doing the same thing.

On the Mikel issue, i only have this to say "Young lad you better be serious or else you will be over looked and not taken seriously" i repeat MAUREEN IS A NO NONSENSE TASK MASTER and if mikel allows these little incidents to be part of his game, then he will not be given a chance with the team, the last player to do this was Glen Johnson, and when was the last time you all saw him play for the first team, Jose's statement that he has 2 players for every position, means that if anyone is fucking up, you will not be allowed to hold the team to ransom. "A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!!

1 Like

Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by loyika(m): 10:18am On Jul 27, 2006
Soori there point of correction to myself, every chelsea player on the last USA tour actually got a game either one halve of a game or some played a full 90 minutes, both stars and fringe players.

Sorri again for my mixup, it's these damn medication i have been on!! cheesy
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by Akolawole(m): 10:44am On Jul 27, 2006
@Loyika

Thanks for your analysis jare

I was just waiting for him to give me the names of the players that went.

@Debosky

If there is a team i know so much about, its Chelsea then Arsenal.
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by under18(f): 11:24am On Jul 27, 2006
Obi is a confused man ke!
HE IS SUFFERING from Europe phobia. from bush to the sky.
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by Akolawole(m): 2:03pm On Jul 27, 2006
debosky:

most of the top chelsea players don't play in the tours anyway, some fringe players yes but not all the top ones. too bad mikel is missing a chance to shine

Only Makalele and Crespo excused to go.

Is others Fringe players?
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by debosky(m): 9:48pm On Jul 27, 2006
ok Akola, your point is taken

thanks for the correction loyika, nice to have another true aficionado here in nl.

what i was trying to emphasise is that the tours are opportunities for fringe/new players to show what they can do or to improve their ratings with maureen. let me give an example - if JT plays poorly during the tour, his position in chelsea is still secure because he's establised, but if s new player e.g kalou performs really poorly, it could reflect in him not getting many games, at least at the start of the season.
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by Damest09(f): 2:22am On Jul 28, 2006
So he forgot, it happens all the time.
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by Oracle(m): 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2006
I think itz carelessness on Mikel's part, this is a club he has really worked hard to get, now he has it he's been careless about it, he's really gotta buckle up and be more careful. This could cost him more than just lossing a game
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by LoverBwoy(m): 2:52am On Jul 31, 2006
WHAT A JOKER !
you're in the big league now boi!! when bench  grin

maybe he thinks he's still in the academy hmm one second thought he is on the bench academy

carling cup here he comes  grin

can't wait to see mikel play vs Fabregas n Rooney wink
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by Jackal(m): 9:51am On Aug 04, 2006
@everyone.

Mikel has finally joined the Party in California on monday.
He's been training hard and quite impressive in Los Angeles with the rest of the Chelski squad.
He has also been handed Jersey number 12 and i think this lad might displace Essien or Joe Cole when the Premiership starts in a fortnight.

I like Mikel Obi.
He is Nigeria's best hope in the football world and the only Nigerian player that can win the best footballer award.
Mikel is currently soccer's most expensive teenager in the world and Jose believes he can become world's greatest in the next couple of years.
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by loyika(m): 10:27am On Aug 04, 2006
"Jose thinks!!" Hmmm thats a first, but to bad WORLD GREATEST is not given based on the recommendations of managers let alone a manager like Maureen tongue

As a Nigerian, I wish Mikel well, but i keep saying that all the praise should be left till the end of the season, when we see how he adapts to the fast pace of the priemeirship. and with the "win at all cost" mentality of the Russian army.

Once again i still feel he would have developed better under the tutorlage of Sir Alex, but what do i know, Jose might just get the best of him out with his boot camp tactics or should that be GODFATHER TACTICS, I
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by loyika(m): 10:29am On Aug 04, 2006
I mean "Gallas disrespected the F@#King family angry"

GoodLucK Mikel!! cool
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by amodu(m): 11:29am On Aug 04, 2006
He is a good player but my fear is that he is not bench
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by kitaun(m): 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2006
@ amodu

Why should you fear his being benched shocked shocked shocked shocked
abeg that is as natural as the air we breathe, what is important is that he lives to up to billings and from there we will see how healthy the competition for the midfield will be, cos even if he makes the first 11, occasionally he will be sat on the bench tongue
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by slimnike(m): 3:57am On Aug 08, 2006
Mikel will play football at Chelsea.You Guys should not worry about that.
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by LoverBwoy(m): 4:00am On Aug 08, 2006
He looks okay currently watching the game againsy MLS, not getting too involved though not even going forward he's picking the balls from defenders n passing it forward undecided not bad
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by slimnike(m): 1:10pm On Aug 11, 2006
Mikel just took His chance.Did You Guys watch the match against Celtic? If You did You will know what I am talking about. smiley
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by Emad(f): 11:36am On May 10, 2008
Well from what i observed Mikel does not play in the first
11 of Chelsea. so even if he went to Chicago, may be he would not have been made
to touch the ball.

in my opinion that dude shd leave chelsea and go to a team that can allow him to exploit and practice his talent
a person like Essein looks better than him, not because he has more talent, but because he has
the opportunity to practice.

any way, mikel shd stay calm and prepare for the 21st final
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by Akolawole(m): 12:39pm On May 10, 2008
@Sister Emad

This is a 2 years old thread.

I still dont understand how and why you ressurect this?
Re: Mikel Miss First Chance! by Emad(f): 9:47am On May 12, 2008
sorry did not really read the i thought this was recent
embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Uefa Champions Prediction / Who Is Currently More Famous David Beckham Or Michael Jordan? / What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.