Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,016 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? (3379 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
I hear people say all the time 'i don't want kid's. Is it wrong? Because the word of God commanded us to go and multiply, so is it a sin not to want children?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Weah96: 12:16am On Sep 07, 2014
Keep multiplying. The resources on earth are finite. If God doesn't come, we'll eventually run out of food.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by texanomaly(f): 12:16am On Sep 27, 2014
It's too late for me. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by GSKing: 12:38am On Sep 27, 2014
Everything in Nigeria is now based on what the bible said, even when the bible did not say, it will be argued that it implies it.

If I choose to grow old, living with my partner/girlfriend/roommate and our cats alone, it's up to me, right?

No one has to agree with me. I don't want kids. I don't want marriage.

If you read up to this point, by now, you should know IDGAFF about the bible.

8 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by texanomaly(f): 1:23am On Sep 27, 2014
Lol...No really...Tell us how you really feel? Geez shocked smiley
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 3:31am On Sep 27, 2014
Toluwarni: I hear people say all the time 'i don't want kid's. Is it wrong? Because the word of God commanded us to go and multiply, so is it a sin not to want children?

Considering how overpopulated nigeria is....hmmm

It is a choice to have or not to have children.

Too many fools in Nigeria have children and yet, cant take care of them.

I know a woman who cant have children but works in an orphanage. She is more blessed than many useless mothers who cant take care of their children.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by malvisguy212: 8:16am On Sep 27, 2014
logicboy01:

Considering how overpopulated nigeria is....hmmm

It is a choice to have or not to have children.

Too many fools in Nigeria have children and yet, cant take care of them.

I know a woman who cant have children but works in an orphanage. She is more blessed than many useless mothers who cant take care of their children.

op.the law always start like this"thou shall not" but go and multiply is like an advice God give man,and no were it say it a sin not to have children,jesus did not marry let alone having children, correct me if am wrong, did paul married?

my friend,i understand you have multiple account,i was ban in islamic section for know reason, i post a coment demanded for an answer the next thing i got was ban.i want to open a new account but it hard,do i need a new email to open another acc?it just sad that when you debat with someone, the mod hide your coment but allow his muslims brother post. So sad
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 8:39am On Sep 27, 2014
malvisguy212:
op.the law always start like this"thou shall not" but go and multiply is like an advice God give man,and no were it say it a sin not to have children,jesus did not marry let alone having children, correct me if am wrong, did paul married?

my friend,i understand you have multiple account,i was ban in islamic section for know reason, i post a coment demanded for an answer the next thing i got was ban.i want to open a new account but it hard,do i need a new email to open another acc?it just sad that when you debat with someone, the mod hide your coment but allow his muslims brother post. So sad

haha....you need another email to open a new account.

But I have left the islam section for now......there is some guy that was banned and now he is spamming with different accounts on the section like mad. grin grin grin The guy is dealing with them!

I suspect somebody but I wont mention.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
So if I decide not to have kids, it's a sin, but overpopulation isn't a sin.

OK.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
Looking at it from the Christian perspective, I believe it is wrong not to want kids in holy wedlock. Marriage is not 'contracted' strictly for companionship.

Couples are expected to be open to the possibility of having children during the conjugal act. This is not saying, one is not permitted to plan the family size, if done appropriately.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
striktlymi: Looking at it from the Christian perspective, I believe it is wrong not to want kids in holy wedlock. Marriage is not 'contracted' strictly for companionship.

Couples are expected to be open to the possibility of having children during the conjugal act. This is not saying, one is not permitted to plan the family size, if done appropriately.

^^^

This is the kind of foolishness ruining nigeria. Our country has one of the highest birth rate and has been the most populous African nation. Our federal government's proposed housing scheme can not even accommodate 20% of the population.

YET SOME CHRISTIAN/MUSLIM NIGERIAN WILL CLOSE HIS/HER BRAIN AND OPEN A FOREIGN MIDDLE-EASTERN BOOK TO CLAIM THAT IT IS GODLY/RELIGIOUS/NECESSARY FOR COUPLES TO HAVE CHILDREN. Your country is overpopulated based on resources. As we are talking, children in the thousands are dying from lack of medical care or feeding in Nigeria. Our orphanages are badly understaffed and underfunded.

Yet, you insist that a couple should not ignore having children (even if they want to). The "christian perspective". I dont blame you. I blame that nonsense holy book you call a bible/quran. I am sure these same holy books mention famines. Famines that saw children and women starve to death.

Religion has truly killed the brain of many Nigerians. I just hope my plans go well. I will soon relocate back to Europe. As far way from religious fools as possible.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by texanomaly(f): 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
striktlymi: Looking at it from the Christian perspective, I believe it is wrong not to want kids in holy wedlock. Marriage is not 'contracted' strictly for companionship.

So a man who is impotent and a woman who is barren shouldn't bother having sex? They are useless in the eyes of God?

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2014

Why would a grown, educated person reason this way??

Your opinion though

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
masonkz:

Why would a grown, educated person reason this way??

Your opinion though

Religion blocks the brain wink

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
logicboy01:

Religion blocks the brain wink

Apparently cry

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by GSKing: 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nonsense! I'm highly disappointed. Mtcheeew.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
texanomaly:

So a man who is impotent and a woman who is barren shouldn't bother having sex? They are useless in the eyes of God?

How are those remotely related to my post??

Impotence? Not bother having sex? Useless in God's sight??

What are you talking about?
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
^^^

Denial denial denial
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
I personally view not wanting kids as a rational proposition, and a sign of greater sanity.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Kay17: 10:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
How do you expect Catholics to have newer members??
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by tobechi74: 11:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
My own worse pass

i dont intend getting married talkless of giving birth.

Is it a sin?no
not implied anywhere near the ten commandment
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by tobechi74: 11:53pm On Sep 27, 2014

what happened to freewill?

In a country like nigera where population is a problem and where resources is limited?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
tobechi74: My own worse pass

i dont intend getting married talkless of giving birth.

Is it a sin?no
not implied anywhere near the ten commandment
You live based on the 10 commandments only? Giving isn't in the ten commandments But the Lord commanded us to give didnt he? So are some other laws.. so I don't think you should live based on the rules in the 10 commandments alone
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 28, 2014
texanomaly: It's too late for me. What do you think?
You don't want kids? shocked shocked shocked why??
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by texanomaly(f): 12:02am On Sep 28, 2014
Toluwarni: You don't want kids? shocked shocked shocked why??

I have kids. That's why it's late to say I don't want. tongue

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
tobechi74:

what happened to freewill?

In a country like nigera where population is a problem and where resources is limited?

What's up with freewill? Should one be free to go on a murderous run just because he can choose to?

For your information, Nigeria is not over populated. A country is not over populated just beause it's population is higher than that of most countries.

A country can have a nominal population of just 2 million people but still be regarded as over populated. It would be very ignorant of anyone to define Nigeria as an over populated Country just by looking at the nominal value of it's population. Know your Economics!!!

Anyways, I don't quite understand how you see my post as supporting a country to be over populated.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
striktlymi:

What's up with freewill? Should one be free to go on a murderous run just because he can choose to?

For your information, Nigeria is not over populated. A country is not over populated just beause it's population is higher than that of most countries.

A country can have a nominal population of just 2 million people but still be regarded as over populated. It would be very ignorant of anyone to define Nigeria as an over populated Country just by looking at the nominal value of it's population. Know your Economics!!!

Anyways, I don't quite understand how you see my post as supporting a country to be over populated.

Are you seriously comparing murder to freedom of choice to give birth? I'm sorry but that's kinda senseless.

And as for overpopulation. I'm guessing you don't live in Lagos where many of the corporate citizens of Nigeria dwell. the population is definitely moving in a geometric progression, and I wonder what will then happen before you term it as overpopulated.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 3:36am On Sep 29, 2014
striktlymi:

nigeria is not overpopulated?

#religion dulls the brain
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 29, 2014
masonkz:

Are you seriously comparing murder to freedom of choice to give birth? I'm sorry but that's kinda senseless.

And as for overpopulation. I'm guessing you don't live in Lagos where many of the corporate citizens of Nigeria dwell. the population is definitely moving in a geometric progression, and I wonder what will then happen before you term it as overpopulated

My initial disposition was to ignore you because you wouldn't have a clue of what my post is about because of your beliefs and level of exposure to Religious matters but I get very concerned when someone makes comments that calls to question his quality of education.

If a child asks you why you believe Nigeria is overpopulated, the best you can come up with would be the bold? This is unbelievable! Nigeria is overpopulated because a section of the Country is overwhelmed by the influx of Labour due to the concentration of at least two factors of production in a particular state?

Sorry dude but that thought process is dumb. Are you even aware of what the localization of industries does to a country that refused to spread the rate of development, evenly amongst it's states? Dude Nigeria's problem is not over population but inadequate enterprise and Distribution.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 6:48am On Sep 29, 2014
striktlymi:

My initial disposition was to ignore you because you wouldn't have a clue of what my post is about because of your beliefs and level of exposure to Religious matters but I get very concerned when someone makes comments that calls to question his quality if education.

If a child asks you why you believe Nigeria is overpopulated, the best you can come up with would be the bold? This is unbelievable! Nigeria is overpopulated because a section of the Country is overwhelmed by the influx of Labour due to the concentration of at least two factors of production in a particular state?

Sorry dude but that thought process is dumb. Are you even aware of what the localization of industries does to a country that refused to spread the rate of development, evenly amongst it's states? Dude Nigeria's problem is not over population but inadequate enterprise and Distribution.

over 150 million people and still having one of the highest birth rates in the world.

Resources in all states are not enough for the masses. The federal govt housing projects can only work for 20 percent of the population

Unemployment is in double figures and the same with illiteracy.

7th most populous country in the world

Yet produces one of the least GDP amongst the top 10 most populous countries in the world.

To say nigeria is not overpopulated is the height of ignorance. To mandate childbirth for couples in an overpopulated country is even worse.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Divination / Thank God It's 'Good' Friday / If The Bible Is A Catholic Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.