Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" (10660 Views)

Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? / Please What Does The Bible Mean By "vain Repititions" Matthew 6:7? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by cbrass(m): 1:05am On Sep 07, 2014
Most times I get confused and amused at the folly by some self acclaimed christians.

1. A guy just finished fornication or masturbating and he will say "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS"

2. A lady dress so skimpy, infact you can see through her dress, but if you challenge her on this she will say "ITS YOuR HEART THAT MATTERS"

3. Most church choirs have suddenly get tired of singing the original christian hymns hence they convert world songs and beats and sing it in church to the point that fuji music as been branded to Gopsel-Fuji, if you challenge them they will say "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS"

4. To round it all, a pastor caught in adultery ,when challenged will just say" WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE". That's after reminding you that "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS".

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Tallesty1(m): 1:18am On Sep 07, 2014
Fake Christian use that as an excuse for their destructive life-style. God cares about our whole life, not just our “spiritual life. ”It is a mistake to think that God is only concerned about a section of our life called “our soul” or “our spirit.” God cares about and is to be Lord of all of our life-personal, emotional, social, familial, financial, physical, vocational, intimate, intellectual, and so on. It is not only the inside(as most christians think) that matters, the outside do. I was telling one guy one day that her dress-sense is satanic and terrible. He said it is the heart that matters so I asked him. "If your heart is clean as you claim then does it mean you can proudly appear like this before Jesus?" he didn't answer.

Just like sister that go half-nude and say that it is the heart that matters. Can You Dress Like That Before Lord Jesus?" If You Can't Then Your Conscience Has Judged and Condemned you already.

I explained some things most Christians do not know here. It is a good read. https://www.nairaland.com/1868879/things-wish-christians-know

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by tpia1: 1:44am On Sep 07, 2014
what the bible says is:

Jeremiah 17:9

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

go with that.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by DollyParton1(f): 2:35am On Sep 07, 2014
Yea its your heart that matters cos every actions taken is rooted in your heart.
How do u think the heart of a lady dressed in a skimpy attire will be? Even if they say their heart is pure, God sees their heart and the intent of their actions.
So also secular songs that was remixed to fit into what seems like a Christian song will be judged according to the heart singing that song, whether for a pure worship or praise or just for entertainment.

11 Likes

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Nobody: 3:04am On Sep 07, 2014
A cheap excuse to cover their immoral,or corrupt doing.

They have forgotten so soon,that out of the abundance of the heart,the mouth speaketh.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by leonard509(m): 6:06am On Sep 07, 2014
I don't know
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by ignis: 6:06am On Sep 07, 2014
Oh.....
Not Again.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by pussypounder(m): 6:07am On Sep 07, 2014
My friend na pathological self-servicer, I don catch am with omotola jolade picture before dey shout "Omotola you are too much" after molesting the picture hin go wan dey preach for boys

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by timilehing(m): 6:07am On Sep 07, 2014
@op, I don't know your reason bringing this up but Indeed, its your Heart that matters
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by alaladakosta(f): 6:07am On Sep 07, 2014
Lol

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by CyberEBOLA(m): 6:07am On Sep 07, 2014
Typing something you will like...
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by JojoArmani(m): 6:08am On Sep 07, 2014
Lo
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 07, 2014
Christians are easily the most hypocritical group of people on earth, at least Nigerian Christians.

They are such a shallow bunch who do not really understand the concept of Christianity, all they have heaped in the heads is sheer religiosity. "Its the heart that matters" is the card they play whenever they are caught

13 Likes

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Moblord(m): 6:08am On Sep 07, 2014
God will judge
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Austindark(m): 6:09am On Sep 07, 2014
it means others opinions does not count in as much as u are satisfied with wat u do

is a very wrong choice tho
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Nobody: 6:09am On Sep 07, 2014
The heart is a 4 chambered organ that pumps blood around the body! The heart does truly matter!

-CramJones

11 Likes

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Nobody: 6:09am On Sep 07, 2014
For example. There is this woman close to my house who attends a big charismatic church.

She doesn't perm her hair, carry hair extensions, wear trousers (the typical deeper life look). She is even on low cut. She is a neighbour to a Muslim ( shops are beside each other).

But this woman is diabolical and troublesome. One Sunday, she came back from Church, dropper her bible in her shop and came to jack her neighbour on the neck ( obviously they had issues).

People passing were like " and this woman calls herself a Christian?"

In that case, my dear, no be by appearance but the honest state of your heart in the issues that relate to God.
What is even more important is how God sees you, how God sees the relationship you have with Him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by LMAyedun(m): 6:09am On Sep 07, 2014
It's an hypocritical talk

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by devigblegble: 6:11am On Sep 07, 2014
Baba loke ko ma si isoro kankan emi mimo gba
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Innodon(m): 6:11am On Sep 07, 2014
okay
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by 100ksalescom(m): 6:11am On Sep 07, 2014
cramjones: Yes
JojoArmani: Lo
alaladakosta: Lol
CyberEBOLA: Typing something you will like...
pussypounder: n
pussypounder: n

Diaris Goduo

2 Likes

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Rapmoney(m): 6:12am On Sep 07, 2014
Humans have the innate ability to know what is good and what is bad or evil. There's nothing like 'its the heart that matters'. Whatever you do or say is a product of your heart.

6 Likes

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Liveair: 6:12am On Sep 07, 2014
There is always an excuse for every Religious contradiction and folly.

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Akshow: 6:13am On Sep 07, 2014
ok
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by osjoshua(m): 6:13am On Sep 07, 2014
shocked
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by jnrbayano(m): 6:14am On Sep 07, 2014
A true Christian isn't someone that doesn't sin. Show me a christian who doesn't sin and I will run far away from him/her.

A true Christian is someone who sins, but never delights in it. He gets up every time he falls, in fact, he stops at nothing to achieving that.

A true Christian never gives excuses why he sinned. He never fails to admit his wrongs, never justifies them.

A true Christian never remembers the grace of our lord Jesus Christ before he sins. He calls on it after sinning. He never consciously takes God's grace for granted.

A true Christian is hurt on the sight of injustice.....

....etc

In actions you interprete the heart and that I deduced from the verse below.
Matthew 15:11-20. Christians must follow
Jesus's lead and not the other way round.

It's indeed the heart that matters but anybody who uses this line "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS" to justify a sinful action sins double..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by henryobinna(m): 6:14am On Sep 07, 2014
cramjones: The heart is a 4 chambered organ that pumps blood around the body! The heart does truly matter!

-CramJones
high? this early sunday morning?

but its the heart that matters grin
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by onome710(m): 6:14am On Sep 07, 2014
It is pure self deception.
The bible says "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh'
That also applies to actions. So if ur actions are 'bad', ur heart is 'bad'
So, yes! It is the heart that matters! The actions just shows what is in the heart. You can't separate them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by henryobinna(m): 6:14am On Sep 07, 2014
cramjones: The heart is a 4 chambered organ that pumps blood around the body! The heart does truly matter!

-CramJones
high? this early sunday morning?

but its the heart that matters grin
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Lordave: 6:16am On Sep 07, 2014
Confusion in Christianity
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 07, 2014
I'm not suprised in the least. Not when people try to misquote the bible these days.

It is a trick from the devil, to make people continue engaging in sinful acts.

A man who behaves this way is a pure hypocrite, and has desecrated his heart already. He doesn't have a heart that ''matters'' agnymore.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Pray / The SUN Will Turn To Darkness Soon And The Moon Will Turn To Red Like Blood. / OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.