Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,278 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? (33441 Views)

"Hustlers" - Mercy Johnson, Nse Ikpe-Etim & Clarion Chukwura / AMAA 2012 Winners List : Rita Dominic Beats Nse Ikpe Etim To Win Best Actress! / Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Orikinla(m): 9:51am On Sep 08, 2014
[size=18pt]Nse is not even among the best Nigerian actresses.
She is simply a good actress in Nollywood, but not among the best in Nigeria.

Many people in the south are annoyingly ignorant of the other actresses outside Nollywood.
How many of you know the leading actresses in Kannywood?
https://www.nairaland.com/1523742/meet-25-hottest-nigerian-hausa
Rahama Hassan and sweetheart Nafisa Abdullahi who won the Best Actress Award at the 2013 MTN Kannywood Awards are better than Nse.

How many of you know the actresses who have been acting before Nollywood and are still among the best till date?
Clarion Chukwura, the first Nigerian to win the Best Actress prize at the 1982 FESPACO in Burkina-Faso remains the best actress in Nollywood and Nse has never even received any nomination at FESPACO where many Nollywood movies do not qualify for the film category and only qualify in the lower video and TV drama category, because majority of Nollywood movies are simply teleplays.
Omoni Oboli is better than Nse.
Bimbo Akintola is among the best.
Onykeka Owenu is among the best.
Joke Jacobs is more accomplished than Nse.
Ngozi Ezeonu is among the best.
Sola Sobowale, aka "Toyin Tomato" is still among the best even though she is on break now to take care of her children in the UK.
Fathia Balogun is better than Nse.
The list of the Nigerian actresses who are better than Nse Ikpe Etim is very long.

PS: I increased the font size for the benefit of those who still need to be taught the ABC of the Nigerian Film Industry, because they are still seeing with the eyes of kids at the Kindergarten. And please, get a copy of my Nollywood Mirror Series and READ FOR YOUR OWN GOOD. You need to read to be well informed on Nollywood.[/size]

Photo: Nafisa Abdullahi, MTN Kannywood Awards' Best Actress in 2013.

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by scobaba: 9:52am On Sep 08, 2014
yes ooo....na she.
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by DollyParton1(f): 9:52am On Sep 08, 2014
Neldrizzy: Best fire!!! Iffa hear.. With her scata scata teeth #AngryFace
Make we see how your girlfriend be like.

1 Like

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by DonDiego(m): 9:52am On Sep 08, 2014
She's definitely the best right now. No contest. She makes acting look so effortless. And her spoken English is so educated; not fake like some others try to show. Just plain educated English.
nigerianvenom: I'm not really a movie freak but atleast i know and have watched most nollywood movies.
I never knew this lady until i watched the movie "MR and MRS" last weekend.
She nailed that movie.i've been looking forward to seeing some of her other movies .u can recommend any other one she has acted.
But meanwhile,is she the best?

I've watched the likes of omotola,genevieve,mercy johnson,tonto dike,stephanie okereke,etc but none has invoked so much emotion with ease as she has done.
I feel she is but i maybe wrong, your opinion are welcome

1 Like

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by amnestylaw1(m): 9:53am On Sep 08, 2014
I am yet to watch Nse Etim's performance, but pending then, Uche Jombo remains my best.

1 Like

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by bigtt76(f): 9:56am On Sep 08, 2014
She's VERY good. Saw her first on Weekend Gettaway - IrokoTV and I was like seriously looking around for her movies. Watched quite a handful but there was none she didn't put in 150% performance. I hope she gets very good roles and scripts ...not just any rag-tag script we get these days grin

1 Like

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 08, 2014
nickz: am i the only one that don't know who this lady is ??
No u r not,I too dont know who she is
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Neldrizzy(m): 10:04am On Sep 08, 2014
FrankySnow: She is pretty.
i don't fancy calabar girls
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by anthoniaz(f): 10:05am On Sep 08, 2014
I love Mercy Johnson and Funke Akindele in comedy movies.Nse Etim is also good.Watch RELOADED, MR & MRS, PRETTY LIARS E.T.C
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by goldstarpamela(f): 10:07am On Sep 08, 2014
Nse Ikpe Etim...how I love this woman!! As far as I'm concerned, she's d best Nollywood actress..

1 Like

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 08, 2014
Neldrizzy: i don't fancy calabar girls
Why? Are they not humans too? So you are tribaliatic? So if I be calabar you do no even dey reason my side shocked shocked

Hmm funny enough I'm from there. tongue
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by bigtt76(f): 10:07am On Sep 08, 2014
No bi fight naaa grin OP just asked a rhetorical question meant to get views of an actress thats all. We don't need all these comparison to begin to hammer on who has won what or not.

Mind you the scripts and movies in which all these actresses have been on differs. You cannot begin to compare an actress who for example acts only in Yoruba movies (is this 'Ogunwood or Oduduawood? .....na joke o be4 ona hammer me grin) with someone acting in English movies.

That's why I find it funny each time posts such as 'Who Rocked it Best' comes up ....I'm like the people in question do not always look comparable in the first instance or the dress do not always look alike sef grin

So biko ....make we enjoy the fun this wet monday morning

Orikinla: [size=18pt]Nse is not even among the best Nigerian actresses.
She is simply a good actress in Nollywood, but not among the best in Nigeria.

Many people in the south are annoyingly ignorant of the other actresses outside Nollywood.
How many of you know the leading actresses in Kannywood?
https://www.nairaland.com/1523742/meet-25-hottest-nigerian-hausa
Rahama Hassan and sweetheart Nafisa Abdullahi who won the Best Actress Award at the 2013 MTN Kannywood Awards are better than Nse.

How many of you know the actresses who have been acting before Nollywood and are still among the best till date?
Clarion Chukwura, the first Nigerian to win the Best Actress prize at the 1982 FESPACO in Burkina-Faso remains the best actress in Nollywood and Nse has never even received any nomination at FESPACO where many Nollywood movies do not qualify for the film category and only qualify in the lower video and TV drama category, because majority of Nollywood movies are simply teleplays.
Omoni Oboli is better than Nse.
Bimbo Akintola is among the best.
Onykeka Owenu is among the best.
Joke Jacobs is more accomplished than Nse.
Ngozi Ezeonu is among the best.
Sola Sobowale, aka "Toyin Tomato" is still among the best even though she is on break now to take care of her children in the UK.
Fathia Balogun is better than Nse.
The list of the Nigerian actresses who are better than Nse Ikpe Etim is very long.

PS: I increased the font size for the benefit of those who still need to be taught the ABC of the Nigerian Film Industry, because they are still seeing with the eyes of kids at the Kindergarten. And please, get a copy of my Nollywood Mirror Series and READ FOR YOUR OWN GOOD. You need to read to be well informed on Nollywood.[/size]

Photo: Nafisa Abdullahi, MTN Kannywood Awards' Best Actress in 2013.
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by kika23(f): 10:07am On Sep 08, 2014
I wouldn't know if she's the best but she's my best and i love the way she acts...... #team NSE all the way.. wink

1 Like

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Neldrizzy(m): 10:08am On Sep 08, 2014
DollyParton1:
Make we see how your girlfriend be like.
grin grin grin hope yu'v seen it? Satisfied??
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Neldrizzy(m): 10:12am On Sep 08, 2014
FrankySnow: Why? Are they not humans too? So you are tribaliatic? So if I be calabar you do no even dey reason my side shocked shocked

Hmm funny enough I'm from there. tongue
shiiit...... Ermmmm, dat was a poor sef defence from me, i actually wanted 2 cover up why i said she is not the best, so i don't hate cally girls, besides ma ex is a calabar girl...
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by ionsman: 10:14am On Sep 08, 2014
she 'ARGUABLY' is.....
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Neldrizzy(m): 10:15am On Sep 08, 2014
Rozzay in the building... patiently waiting 2 see her view on the subject matter grin

1 Like

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by AriDsexy(f): 10:16am On Sep 08, 2014
does3: She's on the way to her peak,phone swap&reloaded she was outstanding
Ur right...she also did "the meeting" and "guilty pleasure",she's really good.

1 Like

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 08, 2014
Neldrizzy: shiiit...... Ermmmm, dat was a poor sef defence from me, i actually wanted 2 cover up why i said she is not the best, so i don't hate cally girls, besides ma ex is a calabar girl...
I think I know why, you are crushing on NSE. grin

Neldrizzy she is a PROUD married woman o. wink
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Neldrizzy(m): 10:21am On Sep 08, 2014
FrankySnow: I think I know why, you are crushing on NSE. grin

Neldrizzy she is a PROUD married woman o. wink
Lollll i laff in edo language grin grin FYI neldrizy is also engaged.. cool
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 08, 2014
my GF caugth me at midnight watching NOLLYWOOD. Straight she went into the bathroom to wash her face in order to sure if she was dreaming.
it was actually me watching NSE in my laptop. she is not that pretty and charming but she personify her role 100%. i hate people that "forms " rubbish.
other people may be ok but they acts useless movies just to fill their pocket.
i hope i wont hate her soon if she dare it.

why is she not bearing the husband name?

1 Like

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 08, 2014
Neldrizzy: Lollll i laff in edo language grin grin FYI neldrizy is also engaged.. cool
So you be edo grin

You are engaged kwa, if I hear. cheesy

Free NSE o, if mr sule catch u eh, hmmm.
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Neldrizzy(m): 10:28am On Sep 08, 2014
FrankySnow: So you be edo grin

You are engaged kwa, if I hear. cheesy

Free NSE o, if mr sule catch u eh, hmmm.
yes! Certified EDO Boy with abj's Crown!!!! Am engaged to miztola grin grin
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 08, 2014
Neldrizzy: Rozzay in the building... patiently waiting 2 see her view on the subject matter grin
Nelly how u take c me ok lemme comment
She s a gud one nd very versatile I've seen her in quite a no of movies, Mr nd Mrs, pweety liars etc she can switch roles anyhow but we have gud actresses too like mercy johnson who can virtually act anyfin from yoruba woman(native fowl) ibo woman(baby oku) mad woman agbero etc to ini edo nd so on not even mentioning iya agba jennifer(funke akindele) so I can't judge for now

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by jammani(m): 10:32am On Sep 08, 2014
quest003: l'aro monday

Ai ni ishe nda gbogbo wan laamu.. Nkan buruku gbaa ni ainishey. Nse Ikpe Etim kor, Anyim Pius Anyim ni
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Neldrizzy(m): 10:35am On Sep 08, 2014
rozzay:
Nelly how u take c me ok lemme comment
She s a gud one nd very versatile I've seen her in quite a no of movies, Mr nd Mrs, pweety liars etc she can switch roles anyhow but we have gud actresses too like mercy johnson who can virtually act anyfin from yoruba woman(native fowl) ibo woman(baby oku) mad woman agbero etc to ini edo nd so on not even mentioning iya agba jennifer(funke akindele) so I can't judge for now
no one does it better than Angela Okeke, stephenie okereke my nollywood wives!! If its not them, it can never be them!! grin grin
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 08, 2014
Neldrizzy: yes! Certified EDO Boy with abj's Crown!!!! Am engaged to miztola grin grin
shocked shocked shocked

You keep crushing on people's wives. I pity you.
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by bigass(f): 10:38am On Sep 08, 2014
You dont have the best actress. You have the best actress for a period of time.

1 Like

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 08, 2014
Neldrizzy: no one does it better than Angela Okeke, stephenie okereke my nollywood wives!! If its not them, it can never be them!! grin grin
Those ones dey learn for were these ones dey
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by femi4: 10:43am On Sep 08, 2014
Epathra: She's good no doubt. And have seen some of her movies. Op try kiss and tell. Buh like Funke Akindele, she can over do things @ times. One of  reasons I won't put them on my A list. Bimbo Akintola anyday!
She doesn't know that "less is more" **In Bibie Brew's voice**
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by omolizzy(f): 10:43am On Sep 08, 2014
MizzD: I watched reloaded before I watched mr and mrs, but I didn't even know it was the same nse in the former till I took time to rewatch it. I fell in love with her in mr and mrs, because she acted the movie so well and blended perfectly with joseph. After that, i decided to watch some of the movies she featured in, even the not-so-fabulous ones ; kiss and tell, phoneswap, broken,purple roses(this movie in particular is annoying but managed to watch because of nse) then this other shirley movie(the ghanaian producer of the contract), can't remember the title for now. *Its devil in detail*

She's one of my favourite actresses. She's too good.

I love d movie broken n every character there
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 08, 2014
Tobinshunt: Team.... bimbo akintola...
Dat lady is jst like cowbel.. our milk..
She's gat it.. wink

When was the last time bimbo akintola was part of a movie?
Am not sure she still gat it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBNaija: Video Of Whitemoney's Campaign Rally In Lagos / Seasonal Movies You Wished Were Not Cancelled? / True Blood Vs Vampire Diaries Vs Originals; Which Is Better??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.