Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies (98469 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by bambuzz88: 12:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
Gombs:
grin grin... Kunle o! Anyways,

7 things to know about Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

Before you can talk down my Pastor,you must have done the following:

1. Publish a daily devotional of 423 languages circulated in 352 countries and territories and price is #150 since a decade with impeccable print

2. Train and develop leaders and Pastors who are capable to do what you do.

3. Hold a crusade which gathered over 2.5million people in just one night.

4. Take hundreds of homeless,abandoned and helpless children off the street and send them to school without charity support, but partnership of brethren.

5. Organise an annual conference for Ministers outside your ministry from all around the world

6. Conduct healing program for sick people without collecting a fee.

7. Several annual community development services and projects for countries without the government's financial support

?.... you have not been able to win you tithe debate on nl, and yet you hating! Wait for the details, am typing it from the video...might even put up the youtube video after am done uploading... no get Hypertension o grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 12:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
Wallade:

Pardon my inability to read well and understand. However, I wonder why Pastor Chris sited that case "the wife of a Man of God is not automatically a Woman of God" if it wasn't meant to clarify the status of his wife or slight her. I beg to differ, I don't think a man should make direct or indirect derogatory, despicable or hurtful statements about his wife in public, it is disrespectful.
I am so sorry, I don't mean to offend, I hope no offence is taken.

None taken! wink
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Awoofawo(m): 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2014
A man of God swearing and using dirty words! I bow o!

Anyway their level of grace tobi (big) pass our own cool grin

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by uzolexis(f): 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
akagaba ...my heart bleeds for you,ur case is beyond repair,you have truly been brainwashed.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Boss13: 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
if a Man of God is married, it does not automatically mean the wife of the Man of God is therefore a Women of God! That's not how it is in the Bible. That's why you don't really find wives of Men of God listed in the bible. How many of them? Who was Peter's wife? Did you ever know her name? You'd never find out! Who was John's wife? Did you ever read the name? What about all the other apostles? How namy are registerd in the bible? You never find their names, why? Ask God when you find HIm! **Smiles

The above shows an arrogant man indulging in creative deception. Your wife is not a woman of God but you appointed her to lead your UK division. She co-authors your daily devotional book. She preaches too and also claim to heal. Come Mr. Chris you can deceive your members but you cannot deceive the public. Which God made you his man? Mr. Chris you are a sexist and a man who demoralize women. Why did you marry her initially? Please people should quit quoting an imaginary devil that does not exist. Mr. Chris is the devil - anyone who lies and deceive in the name of religion is the devil.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by cococandy(f): 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
Uhm I guess I'm really silly because I don't understand you.

You mean a full grown man with blood in his veins doesn't need cosmic 'anointing' to be ALMOST celibate for 16yrs?
Making love to his wife only when he sees her which is during any church programme in the other continent.

Break it down for me.
cheesy
crosswire:
Forgive me but this is silly. I don't support pastor Chris, but one does not need anointing for that.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by ifekemmy(f): 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
Stupid.....crazy from man of God, humility is needed, we re following u sir as a man of God
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Asher79: 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
What else should any rationally sane person expect from this fake who calls himself god of men (ooh... Sorry, man of God)?

What else can any morally sound person expect from a pastor who blatantly refused to return funds stolen and donated to his church?

What else should be expected from a man who told his brainwashed, hell-bound members that masturbation is not sin?

What else should be expected from a man who ordains people as pastors and deacons/deaconesses, simply because they donated large sums of money to his church?

A lie may easily be crafted and spread with glamour and razzmatazz only for a season, but the truth sure knows how and when to rear its ugly head. And when that day comes, I'll be waiting to see how this con-artist does his damage control.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by tonididdy(m): 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
Blenvado: Am a proud member of CE and will always be. If I'm given another opportunity in the next world, I will identify with Jesus Christ through CE. I was at the communion service today and heard what Pst said about the divorce saga, I still believe God knows best how to handle our affairs individually and collectively. I will continue to pray as instructed by God and Pst for both himself Pst. Anita whom I also love not becos I have met her personally or been pastored directly by her but just for being the wife of Pst Chris is enough to share in the grace. i must say she impacted my life as a young man back then in the University (BLW) Campus ministry . There's always a challenging time for everyone of us but if you know anything about challenges, you know it only makes us stronger. This one won't be an exception. CE church will come out stronger than it was before.
u should be ashamed of yourself to have written THIS...

BTW about the bolded...how did she impact to your life at the campus ,if u never met her or been pastored by her.

am a christian just like you but CE is not a church ,its more like a Sunday seminar. I worshiped at your church 2sundays ago (I was invited by a very pretty girl which I have totally lost interest for)...the church service was a chaos...from ushers bouncing a guy out during service, some boys had headphones on in church, old women with wrinkled skin all want to dress like a bank manager with high heels and exposed chest...one time the pastor said open to your bible or your device, lyk seriously...he was reading from a flat screen tv instead of a bible...

summary: I dislike that church to my marrows. oh one time my friend went to CE Sunday service and he got so irritated and he started walking out the church when an usher stopt him and asked what was wrong, he said,'' I don't feel like am in a church''

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
Boss13:

The above shows an arrogant man indulging in creative deception. Your wife is not a woman of God but you appointed her to lead your UK division. She co-authors your daily devotional book. She preaches too and also claim to heal. Come Mr. Chris you can deceive your members but you cannot deceive the public. Which God made you his man? Mr. Chris you are a sexist and a man who demoralize women. Why did you marry her initially? Please people should quit quoting an imaginary devil that does not exist. Mr. Chris is the devil - anyone who lies and deceive in the name of religion is the devil.

Bobo, please point in the OP where pastor chris said the above bold....if not, shame on ur reading and comprehensive ability
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by WinsomeX: 1:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
PASTOR CHRIS RE-DEFINES WHO A "MAN OF GOD" IS.

Those who have followed the happenings at the Christ Embassy Church (CEC) in recent times have a reason to be concerned. For one thing, the scandals do not cease. For another, being the church that can boast of the largest number of young folks in this country, we should be concerned with what the future hold for both of our country and these young people.

I must quickly commend Christian Oyakhilome for not towing the path of Biodun Fatoyinbo, who promised the public a "robust" reply to the allegation of adultery raised against him but never did. Oyakhilome has given us a reply but it is far from being "robust".

Of all that Chris will have us learn from his below par speech at his church communion service yesterday, it was his unsuccessful effort to redefine who a man of God should be that miffed me the most. Chris will have us believe that a man of God need not be a preacher. Chris will have us believe that a man of God has a different set of rules from those of us ordinary children if God. Chris will have us believe that men of God do no wrong in the bible except for two occasions. Chris will have us understand that when a man of God does something seemingly wrong as the public might see, before God it is OK. Chris wants us to know that his wife is wrong and she, not him, is the one that needs prayers. In other words, Christian Oyakhilome has redefined a new standard for Christian men of God.

Of all the misconceptions of scripture prevalent in Pentecostal churches, it is this false belief of who a man of God truly is that is most worrisome. Under the guise of being men of God all sorts of atrocities are being committed. If you question them, they point you to Moses, Aaron and Mariam. They tell us that though Moses was wrong in marrying an Ethiopian woman, no one should have pointed this wrong out to him. It was in the bid to do this that Mariam and Aaron incurred God's wrath. So in other words men of God can do anything. You should only do as they say but do not do as they do.

Let me make it clear to my readers that the church of Jesus Christ is no longer under Moses. In the time of Moses God permitted hierarchies. Today, Christians are all brethren (Matthew 23:cool. No one is lord and master over anyone. Yes, we have leaders but the leaders themselves are servant-leaders. They lead by example (1Tim4:12).

Interestingly no one is called a man of God in the New Testament. When Paul used the term "man of God" in 1 Timothy 6:11 and 2 Timothy 3:17, he was referring to Christians generally and not to their leaders or a few special folks in church. Jesus himself was called "Son of Man" and if the master himself was Son of Man, who should dare be a "man of God" before him. So what is the biblical basis of its use?

The situation at the Christ Embassy church is becoming desperate and before they hurt themselves, someone needs to halt this. The hundreds of dead folks that died from Rev Jimmy Jones stupidity is still fresh in mind. Unfortunately, Oyakhilome and his church do not belong to the the umbrella body of Pentecostals (PFN) and so are simply a ship left to drift without direction. My concern is still the hundreds of young folks being brain washed by this charlatan that calls himself a man of God. Who will save them?

11 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by kernel504(m): 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
Joagbaje: There are preachers and there are men of God.. . . .

Smiling in Congo
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by cococandy(f): 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
Maybe he sought to launder his image with this but failed woefully.
Arrogance was oozing from his every word.
Boss13:

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by jared007: 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
remsonik:

Pls before you start playing pastor chris advocate here, I wanna ask you a few questions.
Why do your pastor bleach and curls his hair??
Why don't they live together after 16 years of marriage and the church doesn't request that of him??
Don't you think if they have lived together she would ve understand his vision better and be able to carry forth the vision of the ministry??
Why didn't pastor chris address the issue rather he took time to throw jabs at his wife in this post??
He would ve kept quiet afterall the church is incorporated and its his personal business so he doesn't owe you guys an apology.
I only pity the followers,you guys have been molested,raped and wounded. A woman have needs and so a man but if you deny eachother of your needs when u are married then you are an infidel.
don't worry 4 us maam. Allow us do d crying or worrying.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 1:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
Aint it funny to note that adultery is no longer the crux of the matter but the fact that he 'abandoned' his wife for 16 years.

Keep changing stories grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by bigblow(m): 1:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
Just because you see people out here doing good does not mean they are blessed. Don't forget the devil rewards people for doing his work too!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by jared007: 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
uzolexis: akagaba ...my heart bleeds for you,ur case is beyond repair,you have truly been brainwashed.
its only natural to criticize my pastor becos he's very important. Don't worry 4 her becos u shall also face d maker. A washed brain is far better dan a brain dat is very dirty.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by chibyke959: 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
hungryboy: hey bro calm down, look at yourself in that mirror on your wall,
Pastor Chris has been using your 10% tithes to wear italian suits and hair creams,
and u still love him
he has given u nothing in return,
That scammer with a bible is whom u love and defend,
dude get yourself a new lover,
that guy has been cheating on u
Broda I wonder how u grew up.Your attitude is really dangerous because u are putting ursef down.Dis is a higher matter. How can u be speaking about a Man of God like dis. Even though u tink he's not,u should be wise & stay away because u may end up damaging ursef.
Also u lack wisdom. The tithe whether a pastor is eating it or not is not ur business.The blessing is to do it.God said about it. You're actually preaching DAT people shud stop paying God tithe.Your kind of persons never do anything good 4 d country or d world
check it;What have u contributed?.. How many lives have u changed?.
Seek knowledge so u dnt perish
D spiritual(Heaven) & physical world operate in principles.Pastor Chris is revealing dem 2d world..
listen 2him & u will thank God u did
How can d world be so blinded. Dis is d Man we've been waiting for. He has brought God 2us through Jesus Christ.
How many in d Bible did u hear about dia wives. Almost none. because dis calling is different. It's divine. You cannot live with same principles in d world & do dis work. John was eating Locust & wild Honey.
please stop helping Satan influence other people & steal dem 4rm God.
it'll b damaging to u.
Change 2day & ask God 2 4giv u
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Tantidora(f): 1:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
" Inconsistency on the part of pastors and the faithful between what they say and what they do, between word and manner of life, is undermining the Church's credibility"

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Bobby4090: 1:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
Boss13:

Your right my brother. So in other words he was just using the woman to accomplish his means, and now they are no longer together he has the guts to say she is not a woman of God. Meanwhile he made the woman the vice president of his ministry. why should he indirectly try to smear her image publicly because of their problems. Its very embarassing.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by carlede: 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
so many posts about pastor chris and Hz wife Anita, well, the world condemns, the Lord forgives! you have my prayers! God bless your marriage still
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Demainman1: 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
Believer Love World INC - Company

Man of God (Chris Oyakhilome) - President

Woman of Devil (Anita Oyakhilome) - Vice-president

A marriage truly made in the heavenly cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Bobby4090: 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2014
"And when it comes to Rev. Anita, what I'd say to you is pray for her, don't act like 'why why why is she....".

Mr Chris... your just a swine and a womanizer. You are having problems with your wife, its not just her that needs prayers, its both of you that needs prayers. Your comments above should be "pray for us" and not just "pray for her". But your arrogance and pride will not allow you say that hence you have crashed your marriage and will make your childrens life miserable henceforth. May God deliver you from this your empty arrogance and blindness.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
I have tried to stay away from this topic. But Chris seems to be going the wrong way?
Why talk about your wife like this?
Why make her a Rev when u know she's not up to it

When God called Abraham, he moved with his family.
Why is your own different

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Legendoscar2: 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
donchrisk: Now we can rest becouse the lies and scandals has been put 2 rest. pastor Chris is a man of God.not just a preacher. all the jobless media can write nonses abt him.as 4 me he is my man of God.

Yes, well done to you and your Rev Chris who is a guiltless, Perfect "Man of God". Now we know from Him that only "Preachers" have the capability or the propensity for all those allegations leveled against him....hmmmm.

Again I repeat, a man in a hole don't dig in . He acknowledges He is in a hole and cries out for Help.... In this case, the expectation is to cry out to GOD for help and not busy like Saul taking a swipe at people, Press and His Very own Christian constituency. What happens to the example of David and Jesus.

The big question is :WWJD.....Rev Chris?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
I now have a clue of what Anita has been going through. As much as I don't subscribe for divorce I think I support this one
Its really hard, working out things with a man filled with pride and arrogance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by maestroferddi: 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
Demdem:

By the way, has she?
It is morally wrong to use the f-word in an otherwise christian discussion.

The appropriate phrases are "due benevolence" (KJV); and "conjugal rights" (AMP) " as found in the bible in 1Cor. 7:3-4.

Please take note and moderate your language accordingly.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by dondo83(m): 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
Have u asked yourself why people like you remain irrelevant on earth and die that way? The answer is because you enjoy bringing a fellow human like you down rather than finding the real essence you were born. im not a member of his church and if he his guilty as you claim, who are we to judge? These men of God are also human like us and as long as we have flesh then mistake is bound to happen...The wisest man ever on earth was solomon, but yet he can be called the most foolish by having 700wives and 300 concubine . David is also the most love human by God yet he killed a man so as to marry his wife.. my point here is nobody is perfect #men of God inclusive# and when we see a great man fall we should pray for him to get back on his feet . pastor kun dont bad mouth people cos trust me its d fastest way of ruining ones self.

selah

quote author=PastorKun]

Oyaks pride, arrogance and conceit being exhibited in all it's shame. He's been caught pants down and he is still claiming to be a man of God yet he exhibits fruits that would make the devil proud. Anyway like Pharaoh God has probably hardened his heart so he can be set up for a catastrophic fall.

PS: eagerly anticipating the juicy details when Anita decides to 'expand' her allegations. smiley[/quote]
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
Bobby4090: "And when it comes to Rev. Anita, what I'd say to you is pray for her, don't act like 'why why why is she....".

Mr Chris... your just a swine and a womanizer. You are having problems with your wife, its not just her that needs prayers, its both of you that needs prayers. Your comments above should be "pray for us" and not just "pray for her". But your arrogance and pride will not allow you say that hence you have crashed your marriage and will make your childrens life miserable henceforth. May God deliver you from this your empty arrogance and blindness.

Correct Christian

Your prayer is cool grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Demdem(m): 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
maestroferddi: It is morally wrong to use the f-word in an otherwise christian discussion.

The appropriate phrase are "due benevolence" (KJV); and "conjugal rights" (AMP) " as found in the bible in 1Cor. 7:3-4.

Please take note and moderate your language accordingly.

The moment chris allows it to get to public domain, it seizes to become a xtian discussion exclusively and the f word can be freely used.
Nothing to moderate. Chris needs to make love to his wife as often as possible.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by josite: 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
akagaba: Oh My God, im so refreshed!!! What a ministry Sometimes i wonder if it wasnt Christ Embassy, wher wud i have been? If it wasnt Pst Chris Oyakhilome, who then wud he have been! Hahahahahah to those who are calling Pst chris names, we dont need to be told that u ar of d devil, sent frm d pit of hell to disrupt things, but i believe that ur master Satan shud have intimated u earlier that Christ Embassy people are a set of esteemed people that can and will never be dettered or moved by whateva u say or cook up here! Besides if u dont talk or write all these rubbish, how will people know our significance and worth! Its only a valuable thing that attracts interest!! Thanx for showing us so much concern, but sorry cus u all dont exist in d real sense of life!! Pst Chris and Pst Anita, we know that its just d wind of d devil, but it will surely blow away! i love u all and i remain ur ardent follower forever!
im so convinced this piece makes u a christian in your own view.sooner or later ur conscience will eventually let you out of self imposed prison.it is not about church .it is not even about right or wrong.it is about what is expedient or inexpedient.all things are lawful but not expedient.no wonder the church is full of unreconciled and unrepentant souls.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by athorello(m): 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
From what the Op wrote, I can clearly hear pastor chris saying "f**k logic!''. All I see are fallacious arguments. He only attacked his perceived opposers, desparage his accuser and tried to compare himself with Christ. Oga Pastor, you ain't different from any of those politicians.
Only those who are not his followers will understand that the Old Serpent is very wise and cunny.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply)

Phillip Frimpong: Carissa Sharon Oyakhilome's Husband-To-Be (Photos) / South African Pastor Strips Members During 'church service' / TB Joshua Died The Day He Asked For Bank Account To Pay N200m Ransom – Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.