Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes (47698 Views)

16 Bizarre Things Your Body Does While You Sleep / Five Common Nigerian Home Remedies And Their Uses / 20 Bizarre Ways To Burn Calories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by shegsrules(m): 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
yuzjet: 4. Cleaning Baby’s Bottles:
The milk that babies drink tends to get bad fast and that leaves a rancid smell in the bottle which can be harmful for the baby itself. It is important to keep the bottle clean at all times but using soap and other chemicals require proper cleaning to ensure nothing is left back in the bottle. This is where toothpaste comes in and literally saves the day. Cleaning a bottle with a little toothpaste and a bottle scrub will leave the bottle clean and smelling fresh and new. [b]And there is no worry about whether any paste is left back in the bottle because no toothpaste will cause harm, even when swallowed.
[/b]

At an early stage were d baby teeth is coming out its not nice because with fluoride content it could cause dental or skeletal fluorosis

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Koolking(m): 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
yuzjet: 6. Removing Pimples and Blemishes:
As surprising as this may sound, it is very effective against acne and other skin irritations. We have all looked for simple home remedies for acne but have always overlooked toothpaste as an option but in reality, it is probably one of the fastest ways to get rid of pimples. Just a small amount of it on the area could remove the blemish within a few hours. Just follow the link and you will be left without pimples for sure. Best method of application is to use it overnight. Apply the paste to the pimple before sleeping and wash it off in the morning. The toothpaste dries and removes all the impurities remaining in the skin.

This sounds like a good tip. Will experiment and share the result

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
Strongbest: Nice post oga op. But I beg to disagree with you on that aspect of tooth paste not having side effect when swallowed.

It does Sir. There are quite a lot of things you and I need to know about the commercial toothpaste.

Maybe we should ask ourselves, why is it that it could do all the bizarre things? Lols.

There are other simple and natural ways of getting all the above listed things done though.

You may want to learn more about that here: www.nairaland.com/1798724/

All the same, bravo to you Sir.

I believe everything has a side effect no matter how positive it is. If consumed/swallowed in excess, u should know it'll be detrimental.

You should also know that too much of anything is bad. Even, money kills if!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by econity(m): 1:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
should in case you need to drink cold water but you don't ve it. Brush you teeth wit tooth paste and then wat ever water you drink rite away will be chilled.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 1:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
Koolking:

This sounds like a good tip. Will experiment and share the result

I bet it works!
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 1:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
econity: should in case you need to drink cold water but you don't ve it. Brush you teeth wit tooth paste and then wat ever water you drink rite away will be chilled.

For ur mouth!
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 1:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
shegsrules: [/b][/font]

At an early stage were d baby teeth is coming out its not nice because with fluoride content it could cause dental or skeletal fluorosis

Its possible! Thanks for recommendation!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by pchax: 1:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
I am surprised that I have not seen the most popular non-conventional use of toothpaste that I know of, to clean CDs/DVDs that have scratched. Works like magic!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 1:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
Chibokgame: Nice compilation OP.
Adding my personal trying ;

*For those of us who are still using LANTERNS , washing the globes to keep them shiny can give a headache,
But kudos to Toothpaste , it's a g8t! Substitute to wood ashes .

* For CAR owners,
Enough of the unAuthorized dim light due to dirty headlamp glass, pls do yourself a favor,
Wash them thoroughly with toothpaste .

Thanks for the add-ons!
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
pchax: I am surprised that I have not seen the most popular non-conventional use of toothpaste that I know of, to clean CDs/DVDs that have scratched. Works like magic!

Nice one!
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
yuzjet:

What's end time got to do with this?
because in ancient times we use chewing stick the rest na soap

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by RedArmies12: 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
yuzjet:

I guess everybody knows dat.

I guess am clueless abt all thesethese grin
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
Adikam: because in ancient times we use chewing stick the rest na soap

Which is why u see many of those ancient old men/women tooth are decay.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by arisetayo(m): 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
This is serious,these are works of different chemicals that are being used in the production of the toothpaste. this article is revealing.
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
U can also use it to clean glasses
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by bigfoot79(m): 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
Nice!!!
I sometimes use toothpaste as facial cleanser_soother by dabbing my face with it and washing it off later . The effect is soo soo Minty_freshy_smoothy

Also I use it to clean stained pressing iron.

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by firstolalekan(m): 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
temigracie, everywhere you go cheesy
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Padipadi(m): 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
yuzjet:

What's end time got to do with this?
In addition,
* For Removing Stains from Electric Pressing Iron Surface:
Just plug in the Iron & let it get red-hot. Apply toothpaste to the surface & scrub with a rag or sponge. It cleans like magic.

* For Eating Bread: Yes, you can eat bread with toothpaste. I did it severally when I was a kid. Lol.
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by chrisviral(m): 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
yuzjet: 6. Removing Pimples and Blemishes:
As surprising as this may sound, it is very effective against acne and other skin irritations. We have all looked for simple home remedies for acne but have always overlooked toothpaste as an option but in reality, it is probably one of the fastest ways to get rid of pimples. Just a small amount of it on the area could remove the blemish within a few hours. Just follow the link and you will be left without pimples for sure. Best method of application is to use it overnight. Apply the paste to the pimple before sleeping and wash it off in the morning. The toothpaste dries and removes all the impurities remaining in the skin.

You have no idea, anyway I have snapped my face now, and saved it, I will snap again after 2 weeks of toothpaste application and let's see if it's the truth!
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by ejihand1(m): 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
iykmora: also used on pressing iron to remove burnt fabric on it surface...
Close up is Much more effective for that when compared to other toothpaste.
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by sexmachine01(f): 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
Sugar mummies are trouping Here

Don't be left out follow this blog and drop your comments luckily a very rich will come knocking!!

I've it it's 100% legit

Go here
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by idoncome: 2:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
arisetayo: This is serious,these are works of different chemicals that are being used in the production of the toothpaste. this article is revealing.
Exactly
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by greall1: 2:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
Yes is true

yuzjet:

Oh really? Never knew dat. Thanks for sharing!
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by amunekeuto: 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
it can also be used as lubrication for intimacy.
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by smartoliver(m): 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
It is used to eat bread...I've seen it... sadIt is used to eat bread...I've seen it...
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Rexyl(m): 3:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
abdulaz: Toothpaste can also be used to clean a stained pressing iron stained with starch or burnt clothing. Just heat up the iron for a minute or two, unplug it from the sucket, place some quantity of the paste on piece of cloth or a rag, use it to clean the surface of your pressing iron, you will be amazed seeing the instant results. Continue cleaning until the surface is clean to your taste.

the paste might bleach the intestine o. I wonder the damage it might have been doing slowly and gradually in children that swallow it during brushing!
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by sugaarbear(m): 3:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
abdulaz: you're welcome. wink
i think some body needed some LIKES
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 3:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
Padipadi: In addition,
* For Removing Stains from Electric Pressing Iron Surface:
Just plug in the Iron & let it get red-hot. Apply toothpaste to the surface & scrub with a rag or sponge. It cleans like magic.

* For Eating Bread: Yes, you can eat bread with toothpaste. I did it severally when I was a kid. Lol.

Your number 2 point is damn hilarious! grin. I Wouldn't ever try it though.
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 3:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
chrisviral:

You have no idea, anyway I have snapped my face now, and saved it, I will snap again after 2 weeks of toothpaste application and let's see if it's the truth!

Just apply it moderately. I bet u know too much of it might damage ursef?
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by chrisviral(m): 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
yuzjet:

Just apply it moderately. I bet u know too much of it might damage ursef?

Can you recommend dosage...
Is every night okay for the next two weeks?
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by ndidibabe(f): 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
yuzjet:

Oh really? Never knew dat. Thanks for sharing!
The iron must be hot for you to do this. Just put some paste on a soft towel and wipe it off. It works !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? / Medical Doctor Wakes Up During Her Surgery (Photos) / What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.