Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? (8289 Views)

When There's No Job And You Are Ready To Accept Any Salary / Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer / Would You Accept An Offer Of Employment From Wema Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by LORETA: 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
you all are just ranting your mouth..no-one ask what he studied and how you can help him fix him up where you work.some of u think to sit at home is a good idea..anyway most of you still stays in your fathers/uncle/auntie house, eat their food and sleep in their beds.
you should have ask him series of question before you start advising .example
1. do you stay alone and feed your self
2 .do you get grants..money from parents and uncles and aunt on regular bases
.if your number one answer is yes and your number two answer is no...then i will tell you my story...i had BSC INelectrical electronics...did nysc in okearo ogun state..was paid 6k.............after service worked with the woman for 1/2 year for 12k so i could pay my rent,feed my self and sending letters for job.........after that i got a job in a plastic company as an electrician for 17k..i worked there for 8 months.......moved to another plastic company as an electrican for 25k ,and worked there for 6 months.

then i left for another cctv company as an electrical engr for 40k (worked there for 7 months)

then i left there for a biro company for 60k for 1/2 year..
before i got an offer now i am a sailor working as an electrical officer for a Norwegian company dealing in gas from nigeria to europe.
they sent me to poland , germany for studies at their cost......now by middle of next year i will be i earning almost a millon nairia

note all these jobs i got from a newspaper guardian....i dont know anyone or no one took my cv for one day..because only god and you can help your self...be wise my bro..i have been there...just get something doing for a start and plan....dont stop till you feel you okay.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by LORETA: 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
pls i forget to mention..the first 6k job and 12k job was teaching..i was teaching mathematics introtech and phyiscs..and sometimes help in wood work praticals.....
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by avalontony(m): 9:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
LORETA: pls i forget to mention..the first 6k job and 12k job was teaching..i was teaching mathematics introtech and phyiscs..and sometimes help in wood work praticals.....

you will go places in the name of Jesus........
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by Preda: 9:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
LORETA: you all are just ranting your mouth..no-one ask what he studied and how you can help him fix him up where you work.some of u think to sit at home is a good idea..anyway most of you still stays in your fathers/uncle/auntie house, eat their food and sleep in their beds.
.if your number one answer is yes and your number two answer is no...then i will tell you my story...i had BSC INelectrical electronics...did nysc in okearo ogun state..was paid 6k.............after service worked with the woman for 1/2 year for 12k so i could pay my rent,feed my self and sending letters for job.........after that i got a job in a plastic company as an electrician for 17k..i worked there for 8 months.......moved to another plastic company as an electrican for 25k ,and worked there for 6 months.

then i left for another cctv company as an electrical engr for 40k (worked there for 7 months)

before i got an offer now i am a sailor working as an electrical officer for a Norwegian company dealing in gas from nigeria to europe.
they sent me to poland , germany for studies at their cost......now by middle of next year i will be i earning almost a millon nairia

note all these jobs i got from a newspaper guardian....i dont know anyone or no one took my cv for one day..because only god and you can help your self...be wise my bro..i have been there...just get something doing for a start and plan....dont stop till you feel you okay.

Infact ehnn...God bless U but I think u cud have done better with ur introductory lines as evry1 is entitled 2 his/her opinion and line of reasoning. Still cul thoughts frm U tho!
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
WINDSOW:
Guy u ryte ooooo.Mowe|Ibafo killing glory since 1302AD.That area is a NO NO for an ambitious youth else e go waste like always pad!!!
Mowe,dry ground since 1407AD.Thank GOD for RCCG camp,e for horror!!!
lolssss..is that wher u stay?...i m a corps member there and what u posted isnt far frm the truth...dat side no get anytin and robbers day disturb d small business owners arnd there..
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
LORETA: pls i forget to mention..the first 6k job and 12k job was teaching..i was teaching mathematics introtech and phyiscs..and sometimes help in wood work praticals.....
boss weldone..please,guardian newspapers for which day(s) of the week?
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by borntobegr8t(m): 11:29pm On Sep 09, 2014
This Nigeria sef, na only war fit reset us back to factory mode.....situation critical!!!
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by kendraloops(f): 11:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
Take up the job if you gat no other options for now. i have earned 4k before as a teacher (2007/cool and it still didnt deter me from my focus. Salary no dey even pay my trans or anything but man must survive, hunger was my best friend then. i combined with home lessons n i began to smile after a while. If you really have a target/destination in life, taking this job wouldnt steer you off track.
Have this in mind "he that is down need fear no fall; he that is low, no pride"
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by Willdidi(m): 2:46am On Sep 10, 2014
LORETA: you all are just ranting your mouth..no-one ask what he studied and how you can help him fix him up where you work.some of u think to sit at home is a good idea..anyway most of you still stays in your fathers/uncle/auntie house, eat their food and sleep in their beds.

I think this is one of the best commets have read so far, mine is not too far from this though I'm not yet where I want 2 b but I believe wit God all things are possible.
I served in Ogun State in Ifo LGA posted 2 a sch in berger area where myself n a frnd who we met during d service period we were paid 6k given accomodation 2 stay, the money wasn't much but combined wit d monthly NYSC pay we were able 2 survive on it since no payment of transport n accomodation, but after service we had 2 move out of d place, we saved our little pay n rented an accomation witin dsame area dat is me n my frnd since no immediate job I decided 2 stay wit d sch earning jst 14k which in some months we were not paid complete, that did not deter me I got a sales job payin 15k I took d job jst 4 experience sake but later got employed wit an ICT firm as an ICT instructor wit 25k payment I took dis job so I could have access to free internet use which help wit my present job wit a bank, I'm presently earning above 150k wit good health,insurance n pension added.
All dis happened because I saw beyond my present state then I knew I was not going 2 settle 4 less but yet I knew I had 2 take those little pay then 2 get 2 where I was going, my fathers house is in lagos I could have taken d option of moving back home 2 stay wit them n job hunt but I knew if I stayed @ home I would get comfortable n not put in d zeal to go job hunt unlike wen u now u have 2 pay d rent feed urself n still have change on u 2 run around.
To summarise all dis long story bro take d job jst 2 stay busy n have cash on u but never settle 4 less keep searching n I'm sure sometin better will come up. I'm not yet where I want 2 be but I believe wit hard work n d grace of God I will get there.
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by Debeloved87(m): 3:03am On Sep 10, 2014
macklef:
Wow those salary are epic
Lol...very hilarious and shitty. I av a teaching job dat pays 25k, transport like #100 in a day, its only extra lessons that makes the monthly earnings skyrocket habit, a colleague of mine earns d same with me but extra lessons made him go home with almost 70k at the end of the month. well everything depends on you, teaching is a very tedious job,if I am going to resume with them dis sept 22 mehn with dat 25k not on Jan 2015......its better to have a better job that pays well and not just work for working sake.
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by LORETA: 7:43am On Sep 10, 2014
@OMOTEAMAC..Tuesdays and Thursdays guardian...it really works.i can guarantee you..most of the vacant jobs are send via letter so you have to do 5/6 post per wee....pls dont take it as a joke.it worked many times for me and few of my school guys i told about it..also dont forget internet(but i rarely used it)
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by harrysterol(m): 8:56am On Sep 10, 2014
borntobegr8t: This Nigeria sef, na only war fit reset us back to factory mode.....situation critical!!!
hahahahaha n you tink that factory mode will be better?
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by ayoola190: 10:03am On Sep 10, 2014
LORETA: @OMOTEAMAC..Tuesdays and Thursdays guardian...it really works.i can guarantee you..most of the vacant jobs are send via letter so you have to do 5/6 post per wee....pls dont take it as a joke.it worked many times for me and few of my school guys i told about it..also dont forget internet(but i rarely used it)

Now about your applications to those companies, did you apply for a specified vacant position or you just sent an unsolicited application

Because most time, I find it difficult to find an advert I really qualified for as a fresh graduate. What I do is that I send an unsolicited application to the companies advertizing, telling them that am interested in an entry level position in their company.

What baffles me is that the method seems not working for me. Am I impatient or the method is completely out of it
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by liliangmail(f): 10:42am On Sep 10, 2014
u guys ar talkin abt d salary only! dis is a private school nt govt , u hardly av time for urself , u handle 2-3 subjects, u ar meant to b in sch all d time, get ur lesson note ready , resume work by 7:15am nd close 3:30-4pm monday to friday,etc.... Whc time do u av for job hunting? how do u intend to submit ur cv to companyz? Time valu of money! check it well
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by ehemwhy(m): 10:49am On Sep 10, 2014
Bro, accept the offer , what course did u study? I worked in an audit firm for 2 years plus on 8k salary , next job I got really compensated for it .
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by LORETA: 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
@ayolla..what course did you study and university...and where did you do your industrial attachment,your NYSC ....and what positions...these infomation i need to know ..then we can move from there
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by LORETA: 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
@ lillian gmail..you are very funny ohhh......do you think job hunting is all about going to respective company to stay at the gate..NO..its about information's from friends,internet and newspapers about vacancies that suit you..you dont go job hunting by going to visit the company...well maybe you are talking from the way you got a job..its more easier for females with guts to walk into any company..but be ready for anything you will hear..dont say i said so ohhhh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
@OP, pls take the job...personally I love teaching but the pay isn't worth it. the first teaching job I attempted as a graduate, I was paid 12k. The days I want to do something meaningful with my life via job hunting, I take permission and leave (whether granted or not) grin.
It would actually keep your brain active, pending when the mega job comes
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by ayoola190: 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
LORETA: @ayolla..what course did you study and university...and where did you do your industrial attachment,your NYSC ....and what positions...these infomation i need to know ..then we can move from there

As for my industrial attachment, i served as a secondary school teacher in a remote area of edo state.

Check your mail box and dont forget to answer my questions.
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by sevantex(m): 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
And govt wuld begin to wonder why studnts aren't doin well in waec exams when teachers aren't being motivated enuff to indulge dmselves..,Private schls wia studnts pay good fees still basicaly want teachers to teach for free or a paltry sum..so sad. My advice is dt d op takes d job nd still make sure he attends other better interviews even if d principal frowns or yawns.,Just be veri diligent on d job nd better rewards wuld come cos u need small cash for running around nd internet as well..,God bless our hustle.,amin!
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
LORETA..thanks...one last thing...apart from guardian,which other daily newspaper wl u recommend?
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by LORETA: 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
@omoteammac.....hmm i cant really remember very well which other paper..its been long i been in nigeria and read newspaper again we talking about one and half year...so i cant remember and not to sure but you try job search websites...i hope that will do to..you just need one good one at a time ..ok good luck
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by LORETA: 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
@ ayoola190..i havent been able to open my yahoomail for a while..but you can use judessy2013@gmail.com..i will definately get it there...i await the mail..take care n have fun
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
LORETA: i havent been able to open my yahoomail for a while..but you can use judessy2013@gmail.com..i will definately get it there...i await the mail..take care n have fun
thanks and God bless...i will send you a mail too...
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
harrysterol: is better to sit at home dn collect 20k wit my precious bsc dis principals hv been jokin wit graduates frm time immemorial, how many years wil u work b4 u build a huse?buy a car? Marry a wife? Feed ur kids n cloth ursef? Is beta to do a les streful work 4 20k dn teaching wey u go teach frm mrnin till 4pm cme bck huse come dy tired like 1 escaped person wey run frm prison, bro in my opinion 20k small, dt y even wen I did my service I made it clear in my ppa oga if u cnt pay me well I cnt serve u! Shikina
Those who place too much value on degree certificates will eventually get to realise that people with work experience (no matter how bad) are easily preferred before them. Pride goeth before a fall.
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by ayoola190: 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
@Loreta, I just sent you a mail
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by zeongeon: 12:56am On Sep 11, 2014

Well said..U developed urself along the line of electrical engineering, Seem also u like elect engr and it paid..all the times of meagre salaries where used to get required experience for the better paying job..I believe this is the opportunity most are looking for get to develop yourself in the area of ur interest because the experience iS what will yield that fat salary..

BUT the Nigerian factor is making things hard and frustrating..in Nigeria is the Grace of God and not hardwork again because as focused as one is the person can still spend like ages or get Stuck doing Something he or she doesn't like just to survive...and the more time u spend on that job the leSs likely u are to get called on for d job u desire because company will rather pick someone with little experience in that field than some who has no experience in that field except God, connection or its a graduate trainee opening.

I can bet that Nowergian company wouldn't have called u if all u had on ur resume was teaching experience and not elect engring experiences.

ItS really scary situation in this our obodo Nigeria..I think pple should figure out what they like or a career path and go do internship or pickup a job in that path regardleSs of the pay.
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
please...you got a mail....
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 12, 2014
Marvin67:

Thanks. I've been in the job market for six months.
Its beta u talk it rather dan idle away @ hom & b 100% dependent. U wl hv more respect 4m ur pple if dey dnt c u evrydy doin notin, @least u wl hv some chng 2 apply online or by hand, attend interviews,subcribe,get som affordables etc. D fact dt ur mind is busy is enuf
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 12, 2014
liliangmail: u guys ar talkin abt d salary only! dis is a private school nt govt , u hardly av time for urself , u handle 2-3 subjects, u ar meant to b in sch all d time, get ur lesson note ready , resume work by 7:15am nd close 3:30-4pm monday to friday,etc.... Whc time do u av for job hunting? how do u intend to submit ur cv to companyz? Time valu of money! check it well
Mind u nt al schs r lik dt,some even alw u go out or resume late bt i must confess only a few wil do dt. U dnt hv 2 stay in a sch dt wanna kil ur dream & enslave u 4 life,u can opt out mayb afta a term
Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by clemz88(m): 8:51am On Sep 12, 2014
georgee:
Sharap dia..Suffer head guy..So mk e go tk 20K/month dey tk do wetin angry angry angry angry angry
Guy, bone that 20K..Keep looking for Job
u wicked o. So he should keep sitting at home abi?. That shows how lazy u are . U should be thrown into d lagoon for ur trashy mouth

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept An Offer With A Salary Like This? by Acidosis(m): 10:10am On Sep 12, 2014
MissIndependent: Lol no I'm actually serving in Akute/Agbado axis. Even some big schools around pay graduates such amount. They will even write it on their vacancy board. "Teachers needed urgently B.sc 15k, H.N.D 14k, NCE 13k Apply within" and some of those teachers handle more than 2Subjects. Chei Ogun state schools sabi disgrace person degree sha my eye don see something. grin grin

Lol, Akute is better.
There is a particular cambridge school somewhere in Magodo (in a very expensive estate) where Students pay between N900K - N1.2milla. Guess what the school owner offered my bro?
N18K (1 subject, with option to close after each lecture). Transportation each day is about N200. I'm talking about A-level oo.
After about a year, his students passed his course with records no one ever had in the school. In appreciation, the man promised to increase his pay to N25k.
The man never stopped calling my bro but he made up his mind never to go back.

Some schools in my state can barely pay N10k/month
Even in Benin, how many private school teachers can boldly say they earn above N30k monthly?
Ado Ekiti, Ondo is not better; I strongly doubt the fact that the best school in Ado pays up to N30K for entry levels.

Lets even talk about the BIG schools in Lagos. What can they offer?

They've all turned our results to akara. For those that want very high salary; the school is not a place to put all your concentration except you dream of building a school someday. School owners count millions - real millions.

@My advice for Op is to search for a part-time (teaching) job where you can check for available vacancies, move around, and if possible, engage yourself with home lessons.

You don't have to stay focus on 1 job, except you're okay with your earnings. Even if you're offered N300k, being a man you still have to hustle harder.

Where is your location? Are you based in Lagos? There are some rich parents who pay home tutors N40/monthly - and you only have to teach 2hours Mon - Fri. If you're determined, you can handle 4 homes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This May Interest You, I Am Working Part Time With This. / Workforce Group Is Accepting Cvs / Dovegreen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.