Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer (39135 Views)

The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. / Dear Nigerian Job Interviewers, Please Stop Stressing Us / 6 Annoying Things Nigerian Interviewers Do When Interviewing An Applicant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Derbjobs: 11:15am On Apr 27, 2015
We have all been in interviews where we know that we will not get the job. One big example from me was when I was asked what research I had done about the company as the post was a research role, so they expected a good answer. I had not done much and my lousy attempt to fob them off, was answered with a 'okay well let's move on to something else then' and I knew that was it!

What experiences can you share where you have been sure you have not got the job from what the interviewer said?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by stepo707: 11:31am On Apr 27, 2015
Same thing.the guy said " so you did not even bother to check the website". Then I knew that's it.Although he said, we will get back to me and he did with a regret mail

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by viqueta(m): 11:52am On Apr 27, 2015
Went for an interview last week, well everything was going fine until the how much do u want us to pay you question popped up and viola!! I think my price and that of the interviewer were too far apart that was when I knew that my chances of them calling me would be slim

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by baybeeboi: 1:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
i don't go for interviews...........I interview people.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by LordCenturion(m): 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
It's happen to me b4, but I didn't say anything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by ayusco85(m): 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
Or when u construct sentences like this.................

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by okooloyun1(m): 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by lordhugo(m): 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
Interviewer - Please state your name.

Me - LordHugo (not my real answer)

Interviewer - What are your qualifications?

Me - BSc. Geophysics , HSE - Stage 3, NeBosh - Level 2, Member NMGS, NAPE, AAPG

Interviewer - What is your sex?

..........Jesu........my 'SEX'?

Do i look like a girl? please check my profile pic!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
This wasn't but i think it happened to Nler.

After his phone rang singing aloud shoki shoki ehn shoki

The interviewer asked if he was there to look for shoki or to get a job.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Readonee35L(m): 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
baybeeboi:
You must have been interviewed b4 you started interviewing people

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by August21(m): 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
Bookmarked this alredi
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by olapluto(m): 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
'Do you have another job offer or interviews apart from this'- Meaning, we know we will not take you, do you have hope??

3 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by LordofWar: 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
cry

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by tunmmyunited(m): 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
My matric number in school!
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by saxwizard(m): 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
am here to learn
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by LordofWar: 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
Tydydhd
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
baybeeboi:

Then you should be able to tell us what you say when you know someone won't get the job

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by MrKIZITO(m): 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by bynat(f): 1:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
Tel mi more
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
Well the only then the CEO told me us that" there is something I see in you " he referred me to another dept for another interview.
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by sisqology(m): 1:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
how much do you want us to pay you?

Please don't fall for this!!!

That's the koko

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by AsanwaKC(f): 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
ewww...am in front page..ok good observation
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
sisqology:
how much do you want us to pay you?

Oh Yea

Was asked that too cheesy . Didn't know what to say but I said with a short laugh.
"Seen there are loads of professional hands here already! Would love to be paid like a pro too" grin.Na sense na.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by BTT(m): 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
When the interviewer says:

So you have never left Lagos all your life and you are applying for a national sales exco

4 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Gasout(m): 1:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
We'll get back to U

8 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Matttthew(m): 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2015
You don't need tell us plz.
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Tunagee(m): 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2015
baybeeboi:

God bless you Sir! we cant all be houseboys, when there are some people destined to be Ogas

1 Like

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2015
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by sisqology(m): 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
EggovinMma:

Oh Yea

Was asked that too cheesy . Didn't know what to say but I said with a short laugh.
"Seen there are loads of professional hands here already! Would love to be paid like a pro too" grin.Na sense na.

You should never mention any figure. did you?

2 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by mykerg: 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mine was at silverbirds Rythm 93.7..Everthing went on well till I was asked for my number and as I started with zero,I saw a certain change on my interviewers face and I knew that was it .I blew it..I was told I would be called back but never heared from them till date..

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corp: Updates / Prison Service (federal Ministry Of Interior) Requitment / I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.