Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) (9458 Views)

Nairaland E-workshop And Nairaland Writers Award: How Do We Improve? / About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* / Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by lopeoba(f): 8:48am On Sep 11, 2014
rapmike: Divepen, I can't speak on discipline oh! Trust me, am the worst dude for this!
..hmn... waoh that is why you should still speak on it. Just speak on the opposite of what you think you are.....lol #teamnorefusaltospeak#
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by OMA4U(m): 8:52am On Sep 11, 2014
Has this 'mention' thing stopped working? Cos I didn't get any mention.
this really a nice concept. I'm loving it more and can't wait to learn from awon mentors. Divepen, didn't you invite ishilove, mazi, and humblebygrace?
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by NaijaChild: 9:27am On Sep 11, 2014
Divepen:
Well, You will get a slot for the three..

@overhypedsteve, are you saying you have something to drop.

Kk..tanx..so when is the deadline for submission
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by LarrySun(m): 9:33am On Sep 11, 2014
Good morning, Divepen. Please, what do you mean by 'Post Writing Knowledge'?
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by LarrySun(m): 9:36am On Sep 11, 2014
OMA4U: Has this 'mention' thing stopped working? Cos I didn't get any mention.
this really a nice concept. I'm loving it more and can't wait to learn from awon mentors. Divepen, didn't you invite ishilove, mazi, and humblebygrace?
Yeah, Ishilove, MaziOmenuko and HumbledbYGrace should be in. What about Frank317...there is an abundance of other great writers.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by MaziOmenuko: 9:57am On Sep 11, 2014
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by AudreyTimms(f): 10:19am On Sep 11, 2014
*scratching her lice-free hair* emm, Divepen, I'm kinda getting confused with all these comments. Are we expected to bring a write-up or something? I thought it was going to be a question and answer session. Please clarify. Thanks
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by LarrySun(m): 11:25am On Sep 11, 2014
MaziOmenuko: ....
Oh, my God! Mazi was here! Mazi! Mazi!! Mazi!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by noble4d(m): 11:31am On Sep 11, 2014
Divepen:
As for the word limit, there will be a small trouble ooo...Lol
I've told some of them to write as much as they can, as everybody will be getting an hour each to themselve....
I thought, since it is a workshop, many people will want to sacrifice their time to read and learn. But, who knows, I might be wrong, so let us hear from other contributors.

Let the contributors write as many words as they can, forget about word limit.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by AudreyTimms(f): 11:36am On Sep 11, 2014
AudreyTimms: *scratching her lice-free hair* emm, Divepen, I'm kinda getting confused with all these comments. Are we expected to bring a write-up or something? I thought it was going to be a question and answer session. Please clarify. Thanks

Sorry, I just saw the other thread. Article? Did you say article? *crying like a baby* I hate writing articles! Especially not now that I'm having writers block.

Writers, I need your anointed hands on ma head o! Nothing is inside right now.

Divepen, no word limit? Alright! God help those of us who get carried away while writing.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Dygeasy(m): 11:49am On Sep 11, 2014
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by LarrySun(m): 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
AudreyTimms:

Sorry, I just saw the other thread. Article? Did you say article? *crying like a baby* I hate writing articles! Especially not now that I'm having writers block.

Writers, I need your anointed hands on ma head o! Nothing is inside right now.

Divepen, no word limit? Alright! God help those of us who get carried away while writing.
You have about two weeks to prepare; I'm sure something will come up before then.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by AudreyTimms(f): 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
LarrySun: You have about two weeks to prepare; I'm sure something will come up before then.
Thanks dear. I hope I can come to you for help. grin
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by LarrySun(m): 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
AudreyTimms:
Thanks dear. I hope I can come to you for help. grin
I'll gladly help if I can.

This is to tell every writer giving lectures in the workshop that I've volunteered to become your nemesis. So, you should write something you're willing to accurately defend or I would crucify you with questions. grin You are warned! And those of you who would be writing about 'Grammar', you better be grammatically upright, or else...

Oh, this will be fun, fun, fun! grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by noble4d(m): 12:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
LarrySun: I'll gladly help if I can.

This is to tell every writer giving lectures the workshop that I've volunteered to become your nemesis. So, you should write something you're willing to accurately defend or I would crucify you with questions. grin You are warned! And those of you who would be writing about 'Grammar', you better be grammatically upright, or else...

hahahahaha...I'm a questionnaire and a defender, you should prepare yourself too.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by LarrySun(m): 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
noble4d:

hahahahaha...I'm a questionnaire and a defender, you should prepare yourself too.
Good, I'll be waiting for you.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by rapmike(m): 1:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
lopeoba:
..hmn... waoh that is why you should still speak on it. Just speak on the opposite of what you think you are.....lol #teamnorefusaltospeak#

Ok, I will work on it.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by texanomaly(f): 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2014

This is to tell every writer giving lectures in the workshop that I've volunteered to become your nemesis. So, you should write something you're willing to accurately defend or I would crucify you with questions. grin You are warned! And those of you who would be writing about 'Grammar', you better be grammatically upright, or else...

undecided
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
Dygeasy: I just kept mum about that.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by OMA4U(m): 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hey Larry sun I sight you! Expect myriads of question for renaissance like you. Princesa, noble4d, hey the great poet timpaker, to name few. It's gonna be fun. I'll be glad to meet my teacher. Timpaker, be prepared to share a crumb of your poetic biscuit and a cup of the juice.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by LarrySun(m): 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
OMA4U: Hey Larry sun I sight you! Expect myriads of question for renaissance like you. Princesa, noble4d, hey the great poet timpaker, to name few. It's gonna be fun. I'll be glad to meet my teacher. Timpaker, be prepared to share a crumb of your poetic biscuit and a cup of the juice.
No shaking. grin
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by LarrySun(m): 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
LarrySun: Good morning, Divepen. Please, what do you mean by 'Post Writing Knowledge'?
Divepen!
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by MaziOmenuko: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
LarrySun: Oh, my God! Mazi was here! Mazi! Mazi!! Mazi!!!

Lol. The mentions brought me here. But you guys seem to have everything under control.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by AudreyTimms(f): 6:06pm On Sep 11, 2014

Okay. I have a problem with will/would and can/could. tongue
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by AudreyTimms(f): 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2014

LarrySun as nemesis? Ahhh.....Divepen, I give up. LarrySun has volunteered to take my spot. Amma sit back and watch. grin
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by texanomaly(f): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
@ jigsawkillah, Timpaker, OMA4U

Can we talk? I was thinking we should coordinate, to avoid repetition. I know we have different topics, but they are all poetry related. Since I go first, I don't want to step on anyone's territory. So to speak. If I missed any others with a poetry topic, sorry. This is for you too.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by LarrySun(m): 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
AudreyTimms:
LarrySun as nemesis? Ahhh.....Divepen, I give up. LarrySun has volunteered to take my spot. Amma sit back and watch. grin
Nah! I'm taking no one's spot. tongue
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by D9ty7(m): 6:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
Divepen, remember we're on Nairaland. And you choosed not to work with a mod on this. They should get the main event's thread locked until the D-day.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by texanomaly(f): 6:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
LarrySun: Nah! I'm taking no one's spot. tongue
Leave my write up alone Larry! angry cheesy tongue
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by D9ty7(m): 6:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thank Jah larrySun is here. Texanomaly is here too? DaveP? This is gonna be fun.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by LarrySun(m): 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
texanomaly:
Leave my write up alone Larry! angry cheesy tongue
Don't be scared, honey, poetry is my own nemesis. grin I can't attack poets much!
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by LarrySun(m): 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
D9ty7: Thank Jah larrySun is here. Texanomaly is here too? DaveP? This is gonna be fun.
Nice to have you here too, my brother. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / CALL FOR ENTRIES: 2017 Commonwealth Short Prize / Ikeogu Oke Wins 2017 Nlng Prize For Literature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.