Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,865 members, 7,866,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:06 PM

Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date (2815 Views)

Biafra’s Self-determination Suit Against Nigeria Continues Sept 22 / Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun / Teachers Threaten Strike Over Schools’ Resumption Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by BlackTechnology: 7:39am On Sep 09, 2014
AONO: Whats the essence of stopping the student from resuming back to school when in the real sense 90% of the students are going for summer coaching in the same school

Summer coaching has stopped

NMA is right on this one

Schools should resume next year

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 09, 2014
omenka: I think the federal government got it right by keeping schools closed. So far, the containment strategy seems to be working. If we must keep them closed till december to forestall an escalation of the situation, so be it. We don't want a situation where marshal law is declared and whole communities cordoned just like in Liberia.

We must make this sacrifice.
U are right bro. Liberia case started from remote area and people and the government didn't take it seriously. A lot of carefree attitude came in and they stated visiting spiritual places instead of hospitals until it went out of hand. Thank God it started in a city like lagos. If it is like in the North of the country we would have been in trouble by now.
Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by BlackTechnology: 7:51am On Sep 09, 2014
4bobo:
U are right bro. Liberia case started from remote area and people and the government didn't take it seriously. A lot of carefree attitude came in and they stated visiting spiritual places instead of hospitals until it went out of hand. Thank God it started in a city like lagos. If it is like in the North of the country we would have been in trouble by now.

Nigerians should pray concerning school resumption

One mistake can lead to disaster.
Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by sanandreas(m): 8:53am On Sep 09, 2014
My problem is with the little kids who don't know what Ebola is and prevention mechanism. Parents are at more risk if children get infected with the disease. Can a mother reject hugging a child when he or she closes from sch. Children loves playing please FG think twice

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by oooopss(m): 8:57am On Sep 09, 2014
koikoi2: I think schools shud resume nxt year 22nd February 2015. grin;

Corper wee oo lmao
Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by focus7: 9:00am On Sep 09, 2014
EbuGeneral: NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE
people like u are responsible for the state of the country. U are not contributing anything positive to its progress and u will neither profess gud thing about the country. No one force anyone to live in Nigeria, u can LEAVE and let Nigeria LIVE.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by gen2briz(m): 9:55am On Sep 09, 2014

Did you really mean state
Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by madan(f): 10:04am On Sep 09, 2014
If schools are closed down to control the spread of this Ebola virus, what about churches, mosques and other social gatherings Or are children exempted from attending these places as well? If children still go to churches, go to mosques and go for other gatherings, I see no reason why schools should be shut down indefinitely, cos this is a place where these children will learn more about what EVD is all about and how they also can put up some little preventive measures. These kids cant be shut off from getting knowledge about what Ebola is all about. They can still contract the virus from churches, mosques etc apart frm school. We only need to educate them and monitor them well. If markets, offices, churches, mosques etc are still opened and people still board molue, danfo and still pack themselves up in buses then, we are still at risk.
Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by specco(m): 10:10am On Sep 09, 2014
worthytalk: NMA should not converse for postponement of school only but also for suspension of Church and Mosque activities as well.

Kids don't go to churches or mosques alone but in the company of their patents or guardians. I support the Doctors 100% on this one.
Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by davo3286: 11:00am On Sep 09, 2014

You are a failure!
Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by davo3286: 11:04am On Sep 09, 2014
worthytalk: NMA should not converse for postponement of school only but also for suspension of Church and Mosque activities as well.

A very skewed and unwise thought process.
Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by Malawian(m): 11:10am On Sep 09, 2014
arent universities, polytechnics, etc in session now? how many outbreaks have we heard of? let these children return to the classroom already. it is not like they dont interact with the outside world right now. lazy teachers should return to class and quit collecting salary for doing nothing.
Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by davo3286: 11:17am On Sep 09, 2014
madan: If schools are closed down to control the spread of this Ebola virus, what about churches, mosques and other social gatherings Or are children exempted from attending these places as well? If children still go to churches, go to mosques and go for other gatherings, I see no reason why schools should be shut down indefinitely, cos this is a place where these children will learn more about what EVD is all about and how they also can put up some little preventive measures. These kids cant be shut off from getting knowledge about what Ebola is all about. They can still contract the virus from churches, mosques etc apart frm school. We only need to educate them and monitor them well. If markets, offices, churches, mosques etc are still opened and people still board molue, danfo and still pack themselves up in buses then, we are still at risk.

God forbid, when we start to get outbreaks in schools, it is the people like you that will come here to blame the government for not closing schools. Besides you cannot fully monitor children in schools, and you cannot compare markets and offices with schools.
Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by davo3286: 11:26am On Sep 09, 2014
Malawian: arent universities, polytechnics, etc in session now? how many outbreaks have we heard of? let these children return to the classroom already. it is not like they dont interact with the outside world right now. lazy teachers should return to class and quit collecting salary for doing nothing.

I can't believe you asked this kind of question...silly question I call it. Those in universities and polytechnics are more conscious and can take care of themselves more than those in primary and secondary schools. When next you want to comment on critical issues as such remember to put on your thinking cap.
Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by judys17(m): 11:27am On Sep 09, 2014
Tø what help is the nose when the head is cut off? And tø what is our opinions when the decisions avh already been made? We can decide tø post our views on what ought tø be done,but its of no use cos I feel that all we αяє saying is within us it aint going nowhere,the last tym I checked we αяє in Nigeria where one man's speech covers the rest,the president as we all know is a puppet of "I do" his middle name is fidelity,his mind is as fragile as a plastic,I just pray that the cure for this deadly EV comes out very soon,inshort before the resumption date,,,,,,,
Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by davo3286: 11:57am On Sep 09, 2014
judys17: Tø what help is the nose when the head is cut off? And tø what is our opinions when the decisions avh already been made? We can decide tø post our views on what ought tø be done,but its of no use cos I feel that all we αяє saying is within us it aint going nowhere,the last tym I checked we αяє in Nigeria where one man's speech covers the rest,the president as we all I know is a puppet of "I do" his middle name is fidelity,his mind is as fragile as a plastic,I just pray that the cure for this deadly EV comes out very soon,inshort before the resumption date,,,,,,,

Fixed!
Re: Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date by egopersonified(f): 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
Firefire: Chukwu, who gave an update of EVD in Nigeria, said, “We have contained the situation. Ebola is no longer in the streets anywhere in Nigeria.

Since when?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Amaechi Insists That Dakuku Peterside Will Be Rivers States Next Governor / Re: Aregbesola Almost Lynched By Angry Workers / Is Buhari More Educated Than Jonathan?(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.