Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) (54555 Views)

When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo) / Some African Parents Destroy Beautiful Love Relationships With Their Prejudices / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by 1stLadyRobinho: 6:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
;DOmo, no wonder pako children no get un-necessary fat! We've been during aerobics/ yoga since 1900BC

Any adult shd choose 4rm dis style for flat tommy,fitness etc lol

1 Like

Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by serty1: 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
If you schooled in ijebu ode grammar school punishment 13 and wreck your mind, body and spirit..
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
20pounds: So this old man wear shirt, wear shorts, siddon dey take pictures to prove what? That he has no job?

Na wa oo. I blame APC sha
do you know if he makes money through his humor.... He could be a comedian.... He is selling out.
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Bitojoe(m): 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
When any of them misbehaves, I will just tell him, do number 4 for ten minutes

partiality,why him alone and you leave her.
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by ChiefJusticeFuk: 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
manny4life:

Goodness gracious, what type of coded language is this? shocked

Playaism

It's like swaggz you can't buy it in a store or acquire it

angry grin
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
Mumsy no get time for dis. U do anyhow for her side or ur brain dey work overtime, she go take turning garri cool u down. In my home those days, the fear of turning garri is the beginning of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by karkel(m): 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hermanie: Who be this big man wey thet mumy himself
WOW FOR HIM O
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by vict505(m): 6:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
This no 5 hennn I do am taya.come become expert cos if don go play ball . na my food be that ooo
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by karkel(m): 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
GRIND ONE CUP OF GHANA PEPPER MIX AM WITH HOT WATER CUM USE AM TAKE BATH I SWEAR NA DE BEST PUNISH WER I NO
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by DollyParton1(f): 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
With my kind stubbornness, my mama made me do number 7, 8, 9, 13, 19 well well till I can't take it no more, then she gives me paracetamol and send me to bed. I prefer her canning me to her punishments.

Thank you mama for setting me straight. Rest on in Peace. I love you.

2 Likes

Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by san316(m): 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
Oh boy eh! This otondo own no get cure. See as e just dey display. Any way sha, those punishment position na real classic. Stubbornity no dey pay.
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Freiburger(m): 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
mzlizabelle: No 9 and 13 though smiley
grin grin wink
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by AdeniyiA(m): 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
These look like punishment but i consider them as act of discipline nd exercise for good body fitness and mental alertness.
This is what I call constructive punishment and it's far better than flogging ...

3 Likes

Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
All the days of my life I can never forget PICK PIN. Every stressless for the punisher and very stressful for the punished.
But all those things follow make mi better man.
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by kobonaire(m): 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
And there's always this .... a favourite tool of all disciplinarians ... especially the school masters .... cry
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by captaindelicious(f): 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
egopersonified: Only you with all these punishment? Abeg let me print it out to hang in the kids room. When any of them misbehaves, I will just tell him, do number 4 for ten minutes, the child would go to the room, check the punishment for number 4 and come back to where ever I am to do it.
but seriously we beyond the era of punishment,it can lead to isolation which is very negative,i prefer enforcement and the use of words in the right way.
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by hapholahbi: 6:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
@ Lemonade01 I hope these images are posted with the consent of Mr Seun Akisanmi
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
Number 9 was very popular with my mum! angry
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by ghettodreamz(m): 7:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
Lol cheesy

What a great way to remember childhood.

The #8, 16, 19 used to be common punishments within the school walls in those days, whereas the #7 and 19 are few of the most common forms of punishment used by many African parents at home.

The #7 is called cigar obo in Yoruba (Monkey's cigarette), a very painful one.
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by gatiano(m): 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
all this one no hard atall, the most painful punishment is when all your friends are playing in front of you and you're made to solve arithmetics you have no idea of.
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Gboliwe: 7:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
9, 17 and 19 were my turf then. I hear am then. cool
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Gboliwe: 7:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
Mee234: Mumsy no get time for dis. U do anyhow for her side or or brain dey work overtime, she go take turning garri cool u down. In my home those days, the fear of turning garri is the beginning of widow.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Enasco1(m): 7:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
cococandy: I like them
Hehehe.
Better than koboko and pepper to the privates cheesy
hahaha u experience pepper!!!
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by EmeraldB18(f): 7:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
Only you with all these punishment? Abeg let me print it out to hang in the kids room. When any of them misbehaves, I will just tell him, do number 4 for ten minutes, the child would go to the room, check the punishment for number 4 and come back to where ever I am to do it. I luv dat
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by B3sty(m): 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
I did 5, 7, 9, 11 & 13. its another way to lose fat.
No biggie
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by omoadeleye(m): 7:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
that number seven is called "ciger obo" (monkey cigarette"
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by mindworx: 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
Whao ... hehehe

I rocked 17,19, 16, 13, 8, [size=14pt]9[/size] (fikadole), 7 (can't recall the name)
grin grin grin

God bless Mrs. Falokun ... lol

I for don turn baddo.
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by lepasharon(f): 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
Gboliwe: shocked shocked shocked
Chie! see wetin auto correct for techno dey cos!! Make I modify b4 some children begin take old man play
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Gboliwe: 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
Mee234:
Chie! see wetin auto correct for techno dey cos!! Make I modify b4 some children begin take old man play

grin grin grin
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by omophunky(m): 7:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
But wait o, no be illbliss be that ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Many Of You Did This? See Photo / Wallpaper At 3500 Per Roll (wholesale's Price) / Victor Ayorinde Missing: Who Has Seen Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.