Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) (54557 Views)

When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo) / Some African Parents Destroy Beautiful Love Relationships With Their Prejudices / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Lucasbalo(m): 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
mako007: Say no to corporal punishment! cry this is hideous
Gbam. In my neck of the wood, that's child abuse.

1 Like

Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by tintingz(m): 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
I no escape some of those punishments grin
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by cirmuell(m): 7:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
Lol reminds me of high school, no14 is called "agama lizard" (not like this though, cus your hands mustn't touch the floor) like diving. we kukuma name the teacher agama lizard

1 Like

Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Ishilove: 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
I remember doing number 9 in primary 4. I hated my teacher till I graduated cheesy cheesy
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by vega84(m): 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
They are all fairer than cry flogging
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Lucasbalo(m): 7:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
MsNas: My mama nearly killed me with those grin grin she's a teacher and you know the rest. Yoruba moms don't play angry

I definitely will do it to my kids too. If the kid like make e call police for me, he/she will be dead before they come here grin
My sister, please don't do it in our part of the world. My sister and her husband got in trouble and almost lost their son to the state for that .
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by cococandy(f): 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
No I didn't.
I would have run away never to be seen again.

From my childhood,I've alway been very averse to maltreatment.
The most I got was the occasional strokes of the cane to the palms.

If anyone had tried that on me,I for change my surname by myself.
Enasco1: hahaha u experience pepper!!!

1 Like

Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Gboliwe:

grin grin grin
u self? ur brain suppose tell you wetin I intend. I am sure so many fail to notice it. Now you made it obvious.
**long Hiss'** ***plug in ear piece. listening to D'prince OYO***
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by RebelLeader15(m): 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Lemonade01: Pikin wey say e mama no go sleep, hin sef go hear am grin African parents, setting their kid straight since 634BC cheesy
egbon, heheheheehe, I can't stop laffing, you are a typical example of agbaya since 19th century

See wetin person papa dey do ooooooo
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by iriskiki(f): 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
Lemonade01: Pikin wey say e mama no go sleep, hin sef go hear am grin African parents, setting their kid straight since 634BC cheesy

Kai. I remember. 8, 9, 14, 17
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Gboliwe: 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
Mee234:
u self? ur brain suppose tell you wetin I intend. I am sure so many fail to notice it. Now you made it obvious.
**long Hiss'** ***plug in ear piece. listening to D'prince OYO***
tongue
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by einsteino(m): 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
back in d days i did some of these sha. looks funny now but back then i deserved everyone of em i got. i was d kind of kid that talk alone couldnt salvage, inshort telling me not to do something was like daring me.

its nice for parents to enforce discipline but i dont support physical beating like you are in a ring, just a few strokes , enuf drills and finally the soft words.
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by toygod2: 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
chaeeeee ... there is God o
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Caracta(f): 7:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
Oh number 13! Chai! I suffered too sha cry
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by felnino(m): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
8, 13 and 15 for appetizer.
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by terrymason(m): 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
egopersonified: Only you with all these punishment? Abeg let me print it out to hang in the kids room. When any of them misbehaves, I will just tell him, do number 4 for ten minutes, the child would go to the room, check the punishment for number 4 and come back to where ever I am to do it.
after the child might have check the punishment list, he/she will come back and say "please dad/mom give me no 2 na) and the parent will reply no,that was the one you did last week...lolx!
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by pheelz: 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
Donfamous: I'm always the most obedient child. So I don't serve any of those, cryI'm always the most obedient child. So I don't serve any of those,
iffa hear
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Ishilove: 7:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
ChiefJusticeFuk:

Jumoke later gave it to me several Christmases later and although I wasn't the chief demolisher as I ought to, I still packed it hard and furious.

I was and still a ferrari cum diesel monster.

My man and me are still intact. Every morning I get the necessary briefing like the head of state and he still tells me I am in charge like Abacha.

I am a living dicktator in these hard times of globalists and feminist runs girls

grin grin grin
grin
You need Jesus. lipsrsealed
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by DaBullIT(m): 7:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
14 no complete. Way back then na stabilizer my papa dey say make I Carry and my elbow no dey touch ground

I rarely get punished during the day its always at night. For the same thing either for visiting a friend's house to watch video VCR or to play Game or for playing football all afternoon

If I no eat night food , na my punishment be that but if I carry that food come chop am. Flogging dey follow that kin 9- 10 pm when sleep don enter body wella

Today I don't visit people , I do not stay out late , I have my own TV games and my friends pretty much come over

It was the African way and I learned from it. Those of you shouting child abuse I guess I should sue my parents for shaping / moulding my life for the better huh ?

Yoruba parents moulding lives since 18 BC
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by sommyblaze(m): 7:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
egopersonified: Only you with all these punishment? Abeg let me print it out to hang in the kids room. When any of them misbehaves, I will just tell him, do number 4 for ten minutes, the child would go to the room, check the punishment for number 4 and come back to where ever I am to do it.
I fear you ooo. thank God you ain't ma mum

Brotherly I miss those days. thanks for bringing this up,thank God my mum no get this kinda collection back then.
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Ishilove: 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
manny4life:

Goodness gracious, what type of coded language is this? shocked
Lmao!! cheesy

You don't wanna know grin.

The long and short of the post is he is claiming to be a five-star general in bedroom affairs. We all know how people come here to form 'esin monaco' in bedroom matters, so pay no attention to him tongue
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Ishilove: 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
captaindelicious:
but seriously we beyond the era of punishment,it can lead to isolation which is very negative,i prefer enforcement and the use of words in the right way.
Leave all these English.
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
cococandy: I like them
Hehehe.
Better than koboko and pepper to the privates cheesy

chai!chai!dat's barbarity...pepper 2 d kpekus??ehn?Jesu omo Mary!!but wait oh!!ve u had any experience of it b4?(chuckles)...GRIN
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by romzyxy(m): 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
when did a man turn kid?.......put a kid dere xo dat ur english ll make sence.
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by captaindelicious(f): 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ishilove:
Leave all these English.
lol. You are one to talk noting from your personal,your signature gave me a laugh though,finally you earned my admiration not everyone on nairaland is bold enough to upload thier pics ,not to talk of thier mum's... I can see were the beauty came from.dont mind my curiosity

1 Like

Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by caxim04(m): 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
If you see the posters there the next day make i turn fish.
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by mbizzy(f): 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2014

chai chai chai! !! Deriz God ooooooo
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by dahmylolah(m): 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
wicked grin
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
romzyxy: when did a man turn kid?.......put a kid dere xo dat ur english ll make sence.
just take a meticulous scrutiny on ur phraseology..chaii!!!pls paraphrase ur lexical locution b4 reprimanding!!!abeg#!
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by Mclick(m): 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
7, 8, 9 and 19 are the most popular, slap tai abara haaaaa
Re: Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) by dahmylolah(m): 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
preciousjoz1:

#whozingoflife

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Many Of You Did This? See Photo / Wallpaper At 3500 Per Roll (wholesale's Price) / Victor Ayorinde Missing: Who Has Seen Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.