Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Who Is A God-fearing Individual? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is A God-fearing Individual? (11224 Views)

When Your Wife Think Her Pastor Is A God / What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean / 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nokia3330: 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hello guys,

Trust you all are having a great week.

There are questions that keep bugging my mind and I will seriously like to hear your views on them.

1. Who is a God-fearing person?... Who is a God-fearing man or woman?

2. How do you recognize a God-fearing individual?... What are the characters of a God-fearing man or woman?

3. How do these characters or if at all a God-fearing individual shape your decision is selecting a spouse?

I keep hearing both male and female giving the above condition in selecting a spouse. The idea of a God-fearing individual is quite bogus and I will really want to learn how the married guys/ guys courting who had gone through this selection process achieved it.

Please your mature contributions will be appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Kanwulia: 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
I hope I never get to meet a real one! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by plaetton: 6:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
Nokia3330: Hello guys,

There are questions that keep bugging my mind and I will seriously like to hear your views on them.

2. How do you recognize a God-fearing individual?... What are the characters of a God-fearing man or woman?

3. How do these characters or if at all a God-fearing individual shape your decision is selecting a spouse?

I keep hearing both male and female giving the above condition in selecting a spouse. The idea of a God-fearing individual is quite bogus and I will really want to learn how the married guys/ guys courting who had gone through this selection process achieved it.

A god fearing person is usually a superstitious person, a pretender, a fake who uses the camouflage of religion to hide his or her true character.
We have millions of them in Nigeria.

For a good example, go to Badoo, or 2go, all run girls say that they are all god fearing... and I believe them.
All our elected leaders are pius christians and moslems who are godfearing, but look at the way they rob our common wealth.

So, whenever I hear "godfearing" , I smell fraud, because that is what it actually translate to.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Kanwulia: 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
Gbam! grin

IBB, OBJ and GEJ are all 'GOD-FIIIIIARRRRING'! cheesy
Who needs a 'God-fearing' SATANIC FORCE OF EVIL? undecided
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Haywhymido(m): 6:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
Fearing God or God fearing r dey different?

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nokia3330: 6:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
plaetton:

A god fearing person is usually a superstitious person, a pretender, a fake who uses the camouflage of religion to hide his or her true character.
We have millions of them in Nigeria.

For a good example, go to Badoo, or 2go, all run girls say that they are all god fearing... and I believe them.
All our elected leaders are pius christians and moslems who are godfearing, but look at the way they rob our common wealth.

So, whenever I hear "godfearing" , I smell fraud, because that is what it actually translate to.

Gbam!!! I rarely take anyone who displays the God-fearing badge serious either in business or romance. They always turn out to be the direct opposite of what they claim.

I will really like an extensive debate on this topic.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
@op is dead on arrival cheesy cheesy

@kanwulia, how was ur trip?
Did u enjoy it?
Hope chichi and others are cool.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
Nokia3330:
First, what God are we talking about here? It'd be better if you're specific. It would really help.

I would attempt to answer the question using a general definition of God - the creator of the universe, a divine being beyond human comprehension.
In this instance, a God-fearing person would be defined as one who respects and honors this being and always does whatever this being communicates to him or tells him.

Nokia3330:
This is where a specific definition of God would be really handy. The Islamic terrorists believe in some sort of God. The God one believes usually translates to the individual's character and disposition.

Nokia3330:
How do these characters or if at all a God-fearing individual shape your decision is selecting a spouse?
I'm atheist but have a thing for Catholic girls (don't ask me why tongue)... In life, I judge a person not by what they profess to believe, but other qualities like the actions they take, how they treat people around them amongst others. A person need not believe in God or be God-fearing to be honest, trust-worthy, committed to building a family etc.

Nokia3330:
The idea of a God-fearing individual is quite bogus and I will really want to learn how the married guys/ guys courting who had gone through this selection process achieved it.

Indeed, it is. Because GOD is ambiguous too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2014
plaetton:
For a good example, go to Badoo, or 2go, all run girls say that they are all god fearing...

This man... grin grin grin sharp guy...

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Kanwulia: 7:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
moca: @op is dead on arrival cheesy cheesy

@kanwulia, how was ur trip?
Did u enjoy it?
Hope chichi and others are cool.

My trip was swell. cool
Chi and Chi had a swell time!
Nice to have some cousins' time before back to school!
Thanks for asking. kiss
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by MizMyColi(f): 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2014

Naaa, this question's not for me smiley

LoL.....
If someone had asked me this question about a year and half ago, I'd be racking my head on who/ what a "God Fearing" man is.

undecided undecided undecided

As it stands now, I don't wanna marry a "God-Fearing" man or one that fears anything at all.

Strange Huh?
LoL

5 Likes

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Kanwulia: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2014

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
MizMyColi:
Naaa, this question's not for me smiley

LoL.....
If someone had asked me this question about a year and half ago, I'd be racking my head on who/ what a "God Fearing" man is.

undecided undecided undecided

As it stands now, I don't wanna marry a "God-Fearing" man or one that fears anything at all.

Strange Huh?
LoLIII

I suspect everyone fears something. It's part of being human.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by MizMyColi(f): 8:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
musKeeto:
I know that kind of fear, and I think it's perfectly normal.

The fear I'm talking of has to do with the fear of a God who one moment is blood drinking, baby killing, genocide perpetrating etc and the other moment is so filled with love and compassion -- or anyother thing that demands to be feared as such smiley
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
MizMyColi:
The fear I'm talking of has to do with the fear of a God who one moment is blood drinking, baby killing, genocide perpetrating etc and the other moment is so filled with love and compassion -- or anyother thing that demands to be feared as such smiley
He is God. HE CAN DO ANYTHING HE WANTS. angry

grin grin
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
musKeeto:
everyone is scared of the world!
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by MizMyColi(f): 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
Life'd be a lot easier for ladies, if they could just remove this "God-fearing" clause from their list of heart's desires in a would be maiteundecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by MizMyColi(f): 8:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
musKeeto:
He is God. HE CAN DO ANYTHING HE WANTS. angry

grin grin

That God is my Devilundecided
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Dygeasy(m): 8:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
MizMyColi: I know that kind of fear, and I think it's perfectly normal.

hmm...
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by GreenBobo: 8:58pm On Sep 09, 2014

Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate.

#2....How do you recognize a God-fearing
individual?... What are the characters
of a God-fearing man or woman?

These are some of the characters of a God fearing person... He/she would always do the following.... .

#1. STEP UP: Lead.Initiate. Be a man of action.Assume it is your job and your moment. Hate
apathy. Reject passivity.

#2 SPEAK OUT: Silence in the midst of sin is a sin. Be courageous. Fear God not man.Speak the truth in love.

#3. STAND STRONG: Don’t give in when you are challenged, attacked or criticized.

#4. STAY HUMBLE: Be vigilant against pride. Get the log out of your eye. Don’t think less of yourself, think of yourself less.

#5. SERVE THE KING: Seek first His
Kingdom, His glory, His righteousness. Hope in the eternal. Live for a greater reward.

3. How do these characters or if at all a God fearing individual shape your decision in selecting a spouse?

Well,it all boils down to what you want from your partner! If some of the God-fearing characters I listed out is in anyway desirable, good, If not.... still ok... But mind you, lots of persons out there believe that PROFESSING love and/or fear of God is akin to an actual fear of God. This hypothesis is not only disgraceful, it is also very hypocritical!
Shalom!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
MizMyColi: Life'd be a lot easier for ladies, if they could just remove this "God-fearing" clause from their list of heart's desires in a would be maiteundecided

Dont you think you're mistaking the phrase ''God-fearing dude'' for a bloke who's engrossed in religion?
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by MizMyColi(f): 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Dont you think you're mistaking the phrase ''God-fearing dude'' for a bloke who's engrossed in religion?
lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
MizMyColi: lipsrsealed

Let us not kill the sole objective of signing up here - to interract.

Who do you think is a ''God-fearing dude'' and why would you assert that life would be much better if prospective brides were to jettison the idea of having one?
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by MizMyColi(f): 9:18pm On Sep 09, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Let us not kill the sole objective why we all had to sign up here - to interract.

Who do you think is a ''God-fearing dude'' and why would you assert that life would much better if prospective brides would jettison the idea of having one?
My views would clearly go against yours.
You're one person I'll never argue with on here.
They're solely my views and I'm not even sure how correct they are.
I don't expect anyone to see things like I do.
Please Hun, let it slide wink
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by ideology(m): 9:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
Pls can the topic be changed from God fearing to, God referencing? cool
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Tallesty1(m): 9:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
AirborneLacer:
Ofcours she is. It is clear in her comment which makes me wonder if she really understands the meaning of God-fearing.

Most people think that to be God fearing is to live in fear of God. That is not true.

The word of God has never put the impression in me that i should be afraid of anything coming from the lord, in English we might say; "Sorry, I'm afraid I have forgotten your name." Hmmm... Afraid? Under what circumstances should that instil any fear? You grab? It doesn't mean we should live perpetualy in the fear of God.

'Fear', when talking about God, is synonymous with 'respect', 'reverence', 'piety', 'awe toward a supreme power'. If you live right, there's no need to fear anything. Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.. Who likes these? If the fear of God is to do what is right then how can someone say that
MizMyColi: Life'd be a lot easier for ladies, if they could just remove this "God-fearing" clause from their list of heart's desires in a would be maiteundecided
every lady deserves what is good.

I think in these times, a proper word to be using is God Respecting. You need to respect God the way, hopefully, we respect our parents because they know what is best for us, just as God knows what is best for us. A God-fearing person is someone with a sagacious mind or someone that takes delight in the rightful discernment of judging things (Isaiah 11:3). "Love thy God with all thy might, with all thy heart and with all thy soul, and thy neigbour as thy self." that is the only commandment for a God-fearing person. S/he is good and hates evil.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. So a God fearing person is someone who hates evil, pride, arrogancy etc. S/He is the mate that each of us needs.

MizMyColi: My views would clearly go against yours.
Until you do, please stop expecting people to be like you.

You are wise, intelligent, beautiful, educated etc but sometimes I do wonder if you really do understand yourself. You are always fighting yourself and that is why I dodge your comments sometimes. I'm not trying to bash you, nah, far be it from me that I bash a lady on nland but please try and contain yourself. Pro 2:4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
Pro 2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
Pro 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
Pro 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

I told you in time past that you appear holier than God and you told me that my God is your devil. Can you please imagine the kind of society we'll have today if no body is held accountable for his/her actions?

Like I said earlier, you are still trying to understand who/what you are so please contain yourself until you do.

Being right in your own eyes doesn't mean that you are right generally. So do what you think is right and allow others to do their own cause your own wisdom could be their foolishness.

PEACE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi: My views would clearly go against yours.

I'm not pushing for any argument.

I only want you to defend your mind-blowing assertion - who knows I may learn a thing from it.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Talkcentral: 7:27am On Sep 10, 2014
It is well

Oyakhilomes To Church Members- Please Pray For My Wife
>> http://nigerian-education-news..com/2014/09/Oyakhilome-and-his-wife.html
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by CharlieMaria(m): 7:27am On Sep 10, 2014
M
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Sibrah: 7:28am On Sep 10, 2014
Nokia3330: Hello guys,

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Tmtn: 7:28am On Sep 10, 2014
Shebi we no dey Sunday Again.. Why this on frontpage?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? / After Childbirth How Long Can You Wait Before Sexual Intercourse??? / Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.