Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Who Is A God-fearing Individual? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is A God-fearing Individual? (11209 Views)

When Your Wife Think Her Pastor Is A God / What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean / 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 10, 2014
Kanwulia: Gbam! grin

IBB, OBJ and GEJ are all 'GOD-FIIIIIARRRRING'! cheesy
Who needs a 'God-fearing' SATANIC FORCE OF EVIL? undecided

You're crazy you know but that's good. Would really like to know the real Kanwulia aka Gambrosia aka Carlotti the harlotti
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by godman01(m): 9:24am On Sep 10, 2014
It's really a pity for our generation, We have confused religiosity and religion with sincere following after God - Being Christ like.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 10, 2014
A person who fears hell and their pastors more than they fear their God.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by GOODLIGHT: 9:37am On Sep 10, 2014
If you are considering God fearing Person from the angle of marriage,I think you should consider this.
One that love God and is ready to tremble at every "thus says the Lord" e.g Wives be submissive to your husband
One that is ready to inconvenience herself because of God.e.g Will want to go church even when is raining,no car or any reason not to go
One that knows that God can do all things.E.g when there is issues b/w both of you She goes down on her knees instead of bringing a third party
One that is ready to be a wife to you and a mother to your children E.g be a virtuous woman as described in Proverb 31:10-31
NOTE: You have to be a God fearing man to attract a God fearing woman
Above all rely on God to help you make a choice and don't have Idol in your heart E.g She must be fair,Straight legs ,educated,from my state e.tc.God will surely answer you
Cheers!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 10, 2014
Nokia3330: Hello guys,

Trust you all are having a great week.

There are questions that keep bugging my mind and I will seriously like to hear your views on them.

1. Who is a God-fearing person?... Who is a God-fearing man or woman?

2. How do you recognize a God-fearing individual?... What are the characters of a God-fearing man or woman?

3. How do these characters or if at all a God-fearing individual shape your decision is selecting a spouse?

I keep hearing both male and female giving the above condition in selecting a spouse. The idea of a God-fearing individual is quite bogus and I will really want to learn how the married guys/ guys courting who had gone through this selection process achieved it.

Please your mature contributions will be appreciated.

Which Of the gods are you talking about? The Yourbas have 401 gods as far as i know.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by jennylove7575(f): 9:46am On Sep 10, 2014
I will rather I use "God loving" than "God fearing" I do not think we have to fear God because God hasn't given us any reason to fear him. God loving should be most appropriate. When we love God, we love all God' creations and we would love ourselves. Loving one another would mean accepting people the way they are, accepting their believes, norms and values. If you love God you will never inflict pain on others or cause others harm. If you love God you won't live a competitive lifestyle you will be basic and keep life simple.. In this life a lot of us are hypocrites, people put up Godly holy charades to fool others but deep down they are breeders of evil. God is love, love is God.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 10, 2014
Acidosis: The word isn't strange:

Acts 10:1-2
"In Caesarea there lived a Roman army officer named Cornelius, who was a captain of the Italian Regiment.
He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly."

A God-fearing man is:
1. Loving: I John 5:1-3

2. Sacrificial: John 15:13

3. Gentle, Patient, Meek: 2Ti 2:24-26

4. Dependent on God: 2Co_12:9

5. A Provider: 1Ti 5:8

Lets learn to apply wisdom in all we say. Should we say all women are pros. titutes because some get men to bed for money?
Believe it or not, there are God-fearing men and women. Even if you can pinpoint any in your family or environs; read the aforementioned bible verse. Cornelius is a case in point.

Bleep all that jewish crap! Cant you make good examples from Africans?

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 10, 2014
jennylove7575: I will rather I use "God loving" than "God fearing" I do not think we have to fear God because God hasn't given us any reason to fear him. God loving should be most appropriate. When we love God, we love all God' creations and we would love ourselves. Loving one another would mean accepting people the way they are, accepting their believes, norms and values. If you love God you will never inflict pain on others or cause others harm. If you love God you won't live a competitive lifestyle you will be basic and keep life simple.. In this life a lot of us are hypocrites, people put up Godly holy charades to fool others but deep down they are breeders of evil. God is love, love is God.

Which god are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by jennylove7575(f): 9:49am On Sep 10, 2014
ifeness:

Which god are you talking about?
the God all of you go to worship in the church on Sundays and Saturdays.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by BioGreen: 9:52am On Sep 10, 2014
Kudos to you!
U hit it.
GreenBobo:

Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate.

These are some of the characters of a God fearing person... He/she would always do the following.... .

#1. STEP UP: Lead.Initiate. Be a man of action.Assume it is your job and your moment. Hate
apathy. Reject passivity.

#2 SPEAK OUT: Silence in the midst of sin is a sin. Be courageous. Fear God not man.Speak the truth in love.

#3. STAND STRONG: Don’t give in when you are challenged, attacked or criticized.

#4. STAY HUMBLE: Be vigilant against pride. Get the log out of your eye. Don’t think less of yourself, think of yourself less.

#5. SERVE THE KING: Seek first His
Kingdom, His glory, His righteousness. Hope in the eternal. Live for a greater reward.

Well,it all boils down to what you want from your partner! If some of the God-fearing characters I listed out is in anyway desirable, good, If not.... still ok... But mind you, lots of persons out there believe that PROFESSING love and/or fear of God is akin to an actual fear of God. This hypothesis is not only disgraceful, it is also very hypocritical!
Shalom!!!
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by baarak66(m): 9:58am On Sep 10, 2014
Only God knows who truly fears him.,cos 4 som1 to say he/she is God fearing, it's btw him n God. Which is only achievable in private...Anyone who fears God in his private will av no cause not to fear him publicly.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by LewsTherin: 10:03am On Sep 10, 2014
The Amish are a people in parts of the United States and Canada that practice a form of Christianity and lifestyle that we will say is stuck in the 1800s. Forget what you may have watched on E!, as a people, they are always ready to lend a hand to others in time of need. During natural disasters, they are always one of the first to share there homes with the displaced and provide food and aid to others.
A Nigerian, who wanted some time away from the hustle and bustle of modern life in the US once asked if he could spend a few weeks with an Amish family to which they accepted. One evening, during discussions over dinner, he asked the head of the family if he was a Christian. The man replied "I am not in a position to answer that question. You will have to ask my neighbours"

So who is a God-fearing person? Someone who his/her neighbours and those close to him/her can see in their lives a lifestyle that can only be attributed to the knowledge that said life is accountable to a higher power. Me being a Christian, it means someone who knows his/her life is accountable to the God of the Bible and lives according to the standards set by same God.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by canalily(m): 10:05am On Sep 10, 2014
...i think these are God fearing more than human....look at how they comport theirselves, even though they are always naked....if you doubt me go and kill one and see whether you can get away with it. Others wil fight you....buh our human being...? No naa, they kill fellow for money, betray, sell, molest and abuse one another...

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Reference(m): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2014
In biblical times the now widely used word 'respect' was not in vogue. Fear simply means respect and the cornerstone of respect is obedience. To fear God or to be a God fearing man/woman is simply one who obeys what God says.

Within this simplicity lies enormous man made complexities that have damned man and doomed his future existence.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Acidosis(m): 10:21am On Sep 10, 2014
ifeness:

Bleep all that jewish crap! Cant you make good examples from Africans?
Nope,
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by MizMyColi(f): 10:31am On Sep 10, 2014

Tallesty1:

First off, before I say anything, I want to make it clear that I believe in Jesus and the God he came to reveal to the world.
That said, as a christian you must make the "word of God" standard for your life.
Which means, I have to believe in a God who committed Genocide @ Sodom and Gomorrah
Killed scores of people than Allah of the Qur'an actually did,
among other heinous crimes.

My stand is clear.......I do not believe in that God nor the one that struck down Annanias and Sapphira or even the one that killed Herod with thunder and lightening.

My God is either good, without any darkness nor shadow of turning or HE IS MY DEVIL.

Of course she is. It is clear in her comment which makes me wonder if she really understands the meaning of God-fearing.
Most people think that to be God fearing is to live in fear of God. That is not true.

LoL Tallesty, if only you knew what i know/knew about religion and spirituality,
You wouldn't have an iota of doubt as to whether I understand the true meaning of "God-Fearing" or put more mildly "God Loving".

I hereby dissociate myself from the God who said the following:

How can you in good conscience love a God wholeheartedly when your OT covenant Scripture attributes to His character the following:

1) "The LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nothing." Deuteronomy 28:63. WHAT?

2) "The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee." Deuteronomy 28:21. YIKES!!!!

3) "The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption , and with a fever , and with an inflammation , and with an extreme burning , and with the sword , and with blasting , and with mildew ; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish." Deuteronomy 28:22. OUCH!!!!!

4) "The LORD shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust : from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed." Deuteronomy 28:24. GULP!!!!!!

5) "The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies : thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth. And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air , and unto the beasts of the earth , and no man shall fray them away." Deuteronomy 28:25-26. EEEWWW!!!!

6) "The LORD will smite thee with the botch of Egypt , and with the emerods, and with the scab , and with the itch , whereof thou canst not be healed." Deuteronomy 28:27. GROSS!!!!

7) "The LORD shall smite thee with madness , and blindness , and astonishment of heart : And thou shalt grope at noonday , as the blind gropeth in darkness , and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways : and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore." Deuteronomy 28:28-29. OMIGOSH!!!!

cool "The LORD shall smite thee in the knees , and in the legs , with a sore botch that cannot be healed , from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head." Deuteronomy 28:35. SHEESH!!

9) "The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known ; and there shalt thou serve other gods , wood and stone." Deuteronomy 28:36. HE MAKES ME SERVE OTHER GODS??!!

10) "Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed ; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God , to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee: And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder , and upon thy seed for ever." Deuteronomy 28:45-46. ON MY CHILDREN FOREVER AND EVER??!!

The word of God has never put the impression in me that i should be afraid of anything coming from the lord, in English we might say; "Sorry, I'm afraid I have forgotten your name." Hmmm... Afraid? Under what circumstances should that instil any fear? You grab? It doesn't mean we should live perpetualy in the fear of God.

'Fear', when talking about God, is synonymous with 'respect', 'reverence', 'piety', 'awe toward a supreme power'. If you live right, there's no need to fear anything. Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.. Who likes these? If the fear of God is to do what is right then how can someone say that every lady deserves what is good.

I think in these times, a proper word to be using is God Respecting. You need to respect God the way, hopefully, we respect our parents because they know what is best for us, just as God knows what is best for us. A God-fearing person is someone with a sagacious mind or someone that takes delight in the rightful discernment of judging things (Isaiah 11:3). "Love thy God with all thy might, with all thy heart and with all thy soul, and thy neigbour as thy self." that is the only commandment for a God-fearing person. S/he is good and hates evil.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. So a God fearing person is someone who hates evil, pride, arrogancy etc. S/He is the mate that each of us needs.

Until you do, please stop expecting people to be like you.

You are wise, intelligent, beautiful, educated etc but sometimes I do wonder if you really do understand yourself. You are always fighting yourself and that is why I dodge your comments sometimes. I'm not trying to bash you, nah, far be it from me that I bash a lady on nland but please try and contain yourself. Pro 2:4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
Pro 2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
Pro 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
Pro 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Funny how one can justify anything from the bible, talk of rape, talk of slavery, of mean oppression etc.
If the same Lord you're talking about in proverbs is the same one who talked in Deuteronomy.
undecided
I'll pass.
I will not encourage anyone to serve a dualistic God, a God who most people are obviously better than.
You talk of fighting myself
I presume what you mean to say is that I'm on the fence.
Yes, I agree with you, I am.
Let's face it.
Your definition of God-fearing is so sweet on paper.
But in reality
Majority of Nigerians Fear God and in addition to the cool part of a man being God-fearing, he also fears this part of God too.
They fear that he'll cast them away to a pit of burning fire which is eternal for stealing meat from the pot
They fear that he will strike them down in thunder if they ever speak against his "holy chosen ones" (except he's in a good mood that morning).
They fear that because they have just committed adultery God will no longer bless them, that God will so write them off that they have to do many prayers and fasting before God can consider them good enough of again.

^^^That's a very Bipolar view of God, Dualistic Even.

I told you in time past that you appear holier than God and you told me that my God is your devil. Can you please imagine the kind of society we'll have today if no body is held accountable for his/her actions?

Please remind me where I said people shouldn't be held accountable.
If you do wrong, if you do right.......there are consequences, that's the way our world is wired, so as not to usurp balance.
Did Jesus hod that prostitute accountable, even when they rightly quoted from a "bible of sorts what punishment should be meted on her?
He told her to go and sin no more.
Okay let's assume she felt back into her old ways
In our thinking, Jesus would go ahead and be the one to stone her first, right?
After all, she had been "warned!"

But the God who has revealed himself to me isn't like that.
He is in tune with our sufferings, our failures.
Even when we suffer the consequence of our actions, His grace is so full that @ some point, depending on a person's mindset, you begin to enjoy the correction process.
Even when I want to condemn myself, he quickly shows up to say "uhn uhn, we've been thru' that babe, now is time to move on and live your life. your best days are ahead"
He knew me before I was born
He knew all the bad choices I would make
He knew that I belonged to him
That's why he has commanded everything, mistake o, good o, bad o, evil o, whatever! to work for my good!
Nothing, absolutely nothing can separate me from his love.
The fact that he loves me and is always there for me is all the motivation I need to live right.
I am no longer self-righteous or at least I know that I am shedding them.
It can only get better.

Like I said earlier, you are still trying to understand who/what you are so please contain yourself until you do.

No Dear.
I know who I am and I know what I stand for, it just doesn't have a definition/label yet.
I am The Daughter of the King
A most high daughter of Zion
As Jesus is, so am I in flesh and in blood.

What I want to be remembered for is that I lived a life totally dedicated to love and compassion.
That I tried to make people see that not everything that is attributed to God in the bible was actually "God"

Being right in your own eyes doesn't mean that you are right generally. So do what you think is right and allow others to do their own cause your own wisdom could be their foolishness.

In reality, no one can be sure of being generally right.
When it comes to matters of belief/unbelief
I maintain that no truth is absolute.

There is a spirit in man, and the inspiration of the almighty gives him understanding - of what is right of what is wrong.

as touching containing myself, I don't remember quoting anyone and trying to push my beliefs on them.
If I see something that contradicts what I believe, I pray for them if I can or simply ignore.
I try not to let that be a determinant of how warm/receptive I am to the individual.
I try to give everyone grace no matter, because I strongly believe that God is in control of their lives whether they agree or not.

I would that the same grace be accorded me.

PEACE

Thanks, and right back at'chya grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Orikinla(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2014
[size=28pt]God said obedience is better than sacrifice.
In Jesus Christ, God said if you love me, keep my commandments.
Therefore, whosoever obeys the commandments of God in Spirit and in Truth is God fearing and whosoever does not is not God fearing.
This is final. Don't argue with the final say of God.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by gatiano(m): 10:49am On Sep 10, 2014
a GOD fearing individual is the one that understands the power and might of GOD, thus it is the beginning of wisdom! he is the one that completely submits self completely to the will of GOD The Creator of the heavens and the earth.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by tuagbo: 11:01am On Sep 10, 2014
canalily: ...i think these are God fearing more than human....look at how they comport theirselves, even though they are always naked....if you doubt me go and kill one and see whether you can get away with it. Others wil fight you....buh our human being...? No naa, they kill fellow for money, betray, sell, molest and abuse one another...
I always laugh when human beings claim to be superior to these noble creatures.Human beings are innately cruel,selfish,exploitative and destructive.I'm really not a fan...of humans that is.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by tuagbo: 11:04am On Sep 10, 2014
jennylove7575: the God all of you go to worship in the church on Sundays and Saturdays.
He means(since you didn't get the question and I very much doubt you'll be able to answer it)what is the name of this your "oh so "powerful","great" and "wonderful" god?"
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by AdeniyiA(m): 11:06am On Sep 10, 2014
One who considers disobeying God a taboo...
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by anonimi: 11:12am On Sep 10, 2014
Onegai:

My boss always says look at Sweden, Norway and a lot of secular countries and compare their sanity to religious countries.

The above is quite remarkable in that the European countries- Greece, Spain, Italy, France, Portugal- that were most affected by recession were those that scored on the religious index due mainly to greater corruption by the elite class aided by the religious leaders. Organised religion is mostly about HYPOCRISY.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by ifekemmy(f): 11:19am On Sep 10, 2014
Hello guys,

Trust you all are having a great week.

There are questions that keep bugging my mind and I will seriously like to hear your views on them.

1. Who is a God-fearing person?... Who is a God-fearing man or woman?

2. How do you recognize a God-fearing individual?... What are the characters of a God-fearing man or woman?

3. How do these characters or if at all a God-fearing individual shape your decision is selecting a spouse?

I keep hearing both male and female giving the above condition in selecting a spouse. The idea of a God-fearing individual is quite bogus and I will really want to learn how the married guys/ guys courting who had gone through this selection process achieved it.

Please your mature contributions will be appreciated.

Proverb 9:10 ; The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:28am On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi: I know that kind of fear, and I think it's perfectly normal.

The fear I'm talking of has to do with the fear of a God who one moment is blood drinking, baby killing, genocide perpetrating etc and the other moment is so filled with love and compassion -- or anyother thing that demands to be feared as such smiley
You must have tumor in your brain
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by jennylove7575(f): 11:33am On Sep 10, 2014
tuagbo: He means(since you didn't get the question and I very much doubt you'll be able to answer it)what is the name of this your "oh so "powerful","great" and "wonderful" god?"
which kain question be dis sef? Na Sunday school we dey abi catechism?... See waec bible study question.....LA LA LA LA LA....*whistling*
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by DukeNija(m): 11:39am On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi:
Naaa, this question's not for me smiley

LoL.....
If someone had asked me this question about a year and half ago, I'd be racking my head on who/ what a "God Fearing" man is.

undecided undecided undecided

As it stands now, I don't wanna marry a "God-Fearing" man or one that fears anything at all.

Strange Huh?
LoL

Careful what you wish for, because you might just get it!
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 10, 2014
jennylove7575: which kain question be dis sef? Na Sunday school we dey abi catechism?... See waec bible study question.....LA LA LA LA LA....*whistling*
'catechism'...
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:55am On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi:

First off, before I say anything, I want to make it clear that I believe in Jesus and the God he came to reveal to the world.
That said, as a christian you must make the "word of God" standard for your life.
Which means, I have to believe in a God who committed Genocide @ Sodom and Gomorrah
Killed scores of people than Allah of the Qur'an actually did,
among other heinous crimes.

My stand is clear.......I do not believe in that God nor the one that struck down Annanias and Sapphira or even the one that killed Herod with thunder and lightening.

My God is either good, without any darkness nor shadow of turning or HE IS MY DEVIL.

LoL Tallesty, if only you knew what i know/knew about religion and spirituality,
You wouldn't have an iota of doubt as to whether I understand the true meaning of "God-Fearing" or put more mildly "God Loving".

I hereby dissociate myself from the God who said the following:

Funny how one can justify anything from the bible, talk of rape, talk of slavery, of mean oppression etc.
If the same Lord you're talking about in proverbs is the same one who talked in Deuteronomy.
undecided
I'll pass.
I will not encourage anyone to serve a dualistic God, a God who most people are obviously better than.
You talk of fighting myself
I presume what you mean to say is that I'm on the fence.
Yes, I agree with you, I am.
Let's face it.
Your definition of God-fearing is so sweet on paper.
But in reality
Majority of Nigerians Fear God and in addition to the cool part of a man being God-fearing, he also fears this part of God too.
They fear that he'll cast them away to a pit of burning fire which is eternal for stealing meat from the pot
They fear that he will strike them down in thunder if they ever speak against his "holy chosen ones" (except he's in a good mood that morning).
They fear that because they have just committed adultery God will no longer bless them, that God will so write them off that they have to do many prayers and fasting before God can consider them good enough of again.

^^^That's a very Bipolar view of God, Dualistic Even.

Please remind me where I said people shouldn't be held accountable.
If you do wrong, if you do right.......there are consequences, that's the way our world is wired, so as not to usurp balance.
Did Jesus hod that prostitute accountable, even when they rightly quoted from a "bible of sorts what punishment should be meted on her?
He told her to go and sin no more.
Okay let's assume she felt back into her old ways
In our thinking, Jesus would go ahead and be the one to stone her first, right?
After all, she had been "warned!"

But the God who has revealed himself to me isn't like that.
He is in tune with our sufferings, our failures.
Even when we suffer the consequence of our actions, His grace is so full that @ some point, depending on a person's mindset, you begin to enjoy the correction process.
Even when I want to condemn myself, he quickly shows up to say "uhn uhn, we've been thru' that babe, now is time to move on and live your life. your best days are ahead"
He knew me before I was born
He knew all the bad choices I would make
He knew that I belonged to him
That's why he has commanded everything, mistake o, good o, bad o, evil o, whatever! to work for my good!
I've been reading trash like this for a long time and I really think if you were a autonomous king like that of the olden days,no one dear goes against your orders,else they will have their head to blame for it.I think if you manufacture a motor and it does not work the way you want,you destroy it if it resists correction.No man can tell God what is right to do because he is autonomous,he is the almighty,the creator of the universe.

I think that if you read the bible,its only the wicked that feels the wrath of God,isn't it. We all know our God is dynamic and full of ideas & very loving,he gave us the 10 commandments and most importantly,his precious son to cleanse us all,which shows a change in perspective,from being harsh to been gentle on us. http://www.gospeltruth.net/1849OE/490620_god_not_pleased.htm

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Misogynist2014(m): 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
ifeness:

Which Of the gods are you talking about? The Yourbas have 401 gods as far as i know.
That is an outdated question grin .He is talking about the I AM THAT I AM.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by abdoolorunwa(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
A God-fearing person is some1 who
1.people patronise and enjoy his company e.g abraham,moses,jesus,muhammad e.t.c
2.doesn't crave worldly life.
3.is contented wit wat he/she has.
4.is patient wit endurance,good mannered,composed,not boastful,peaceful,a mediator,trustworthy,respect to all creatures etc
5.people r attracted to his/her personality.sympathetic,caring,loving,easy-going,comforting,approachable,humble,keeping God's commandments etc.
they are hard to comeby because these traits aren't as marketable as the opposing traits.its what the society made us,we are finding it hard to adapt but we are still pushing it.it says if u cant beat dem,join dem.
only recently i lost my bethroted to a rogue.now am learning to sag my trousers to cope wit rising trends
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Ayodhejjy(m): 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
GOOGLE AM NOW
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by ideology(m): 2:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Op please change the topic to God referencing

The Hebrew rendering of the word "fear" doesn't mean to be afraid, rather it implies 'reference "

God is not a beast one should be afraid of.
God is our father and friend.
He wants us to gist like pals,
See Genesis, God usually comes down in evening time to flex with Adam, -what a life. grin
But Things changed because of disobedience.

But it's even better now because of Grace.

@mizmycoli, I understand you perfectly, but You are going too far.
God is God, all by himself, and no one questions his decisions.

Today many say God is unjust for destroying Sodom whereas in today's world a 100 times worst things have been done compared to what was done in those days.

God is our father, as a father, he disciplines us if we do wrong, but Since Jesus Came the only open extreme act of God was on Ananais and wife, after that Incidence fear grip the church.
I can relate to that, they lied against the Holy Ghost.

Even Jesus Said anyone that blasphemy against the Holy spirit won't see God.

""The porter has every right to destroy what he moulded, and no one will question him""

God is love…

The letters kills but The spirit gives life,

IF THERE ARE ANY OTHER THINGs WE ARE YET TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT GOD, pls FORGET IT WHEN WE MEET HIM OR JESUS SOMEDAY, WE WILL ASK, PLS ss s s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plans changed. / Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed / How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.