Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Who Is A God-fearing Individual? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is A God-fearing Individual? (11210 Views)

When Your Wife Think Her Pastor Is A God / What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean / 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by DukeNija(m): 2:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi:

First off, before I say anything, I want to make it clear that I believe in Jesus and the God he came to reveal to the world.
That said, as a christian you must make the "word of God" standard for your life.
Which means, I have to believe in a God who committed Genocide @ Sodom and Gomorrah
Killed scores of people than Allah of the Qur'an actually did,
among other heinous crimes.

My stand is clear.......I do not believe in that God nor the one that struck down Annanias and Sapphira or even the one that killed Herod with thunder and lightening.

My God is either good, without any darkness nor shadow of turning or HE IS MY DEVIL.

LoL Tallesty, if only you knew what i know/knew about religion and spirituality,
You wouldn't have an iota of doubt as to whether I understand the true meaning of "God-Fearing" or put more mildly "God Loving".

I hereby dissociate myself from the God who said the following:

Funny how one can justify anything from the bible, talk of rape, talk of slavery, of mean oppression etc.
If the same Lord you're talking about in proverbs is the same one who talked in Deuteronomy.
undecided
I'll pass.
I will not encourage anyone to serve a dualistic God, a God who most people are obviously better than.
You talk of fighting myself
I presume what you mean to say is that I'm on the fence.
Yes, I agree with you, I am.
Let's face it.
Your definition of God-fearing is so sweet on paper.
But in reality
Majority of Nigerians Fear God and in addition to the cool part of a man being God-fearing, he also fears this part of God too.
They fear that he'll cast them away to a pit of burning fire which is eternal for stealing meat from the pot
They fear that he will strike them down in thunder if they ever speak against his "holy chosen ones" (except he's in a good mood that morning).
They fear that because they have just committed adultery God will no longer bless them, that God will so write them off that they have to do many prayers and fasting before God can consider them good enough of again.

^^^That's a very Bipolar view of God, Dualistic Even.

Please remind me where I said people shouldn't be held accountable.
If you do wrong, if you do right.......there are consequences, that's the way our world is wired, so as not to usurp balance.
Did Jesus hod that prostitute accountable, even when they rightly quoted from a "bible of sorts what punishment should be meted on her?
He told her to go and sin no more.
Okay let's assume she felt back into her old ways
In our thinking, Jesus would go ahead and be the one to stone her first, right?
After all, she had been "warned!"

But the God who has revealed himself to me isn't like that.
He is in tune with our sufferings, our failures.
Even when we suffer the consequence of our actions, His grace is so full that @ some point, depending on a person's mindset, you begin to enjoy the correction process.
Even when I want to condemn myself, he quickly shows up to say "uhn uhn, we've been thru' that babe, now is time to move on and live your life. your best days are ahead"
He knew me before I was born
He knew all the bad choices I would make
He knew that I belonged to him
That's why he has commanded everything, mistake o, good o, bad o, evil o, whatever! to work for my good!
Nothing, absolutely nothing can separate me from his love.
The fact that he loves me and is always there for me is all the motivation I need to live right.
I am no longer self-righteous or at least I know that I am shedding them.
It can only get better.

No Dear.
I know who I am and I know what I stand for, it just doesn't have a definition/label yet.
I am The Daughter of the King
A most high daughter of Zion
As Jesus is, so am I in flesh and in blood.

What I want to be remembered for is that I lived a life totally dedicated to love and compassion.
That I tried to make people see that not everything that is attributed to God in the bible was actually "God"

In reality, no one can be sure of being generally right.
When it comes to matters of belief/unbelief
I maintain that no truth is absolute.

There is a spirit in man, and the inspiration of the almighty gives him understanding - of what is right of what is wrong.

as touching containing myself, I don't remember quoting anyone and trying to push my beliefs on them.
If I see something that contradicts what I believe, I pray for them if I can or simply ignore.
I try not to let that be a determinant of how warm/receptive I am to the individual.
I try to give everyone grace no matter, because I strongly believe that God is in control of their lives whether they agree or not.

I would that the same grace be accorded me.

Thanks, and right back at'chya grin

Nice write up.
But I want to make some points.
Firstly, God never committed genocide. He's the creator, he made all Men in his own image. He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, yes he did. Because he desperately wanted to wipe out immorality. But he tried to find just one person who was sinless in the whole city in order to justify his action.

Adultery is a grave sin against God, and it has never been punishable by death. God never killed anyone for committing adultery, people did. Fornication and adultery are sins of the flesh, and they are some of the gravest sins because they defile the body which is Gods temple. And once the temple is defiled, God cannot dwell there.

God hates sin with perfect hatred. From your analysis, its obvious you know more about the bible than you know about God. God cannot stand the slightest stain or the smallest sin. He is a Holy God. In the days before Jesus christ, I.e before the advent of Grace which is a word I know you like, there was punishment for every sin. God said, "i am a consuming fire" he is a destructive God, whether you believe it, like it or not. He destroyed the world with rain in the Noah days, and fire in Sodom, and he will do it again after Jesus comes. But he is also a merciful God, he said "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and compassion on whom I will have compassion"
Your opinion of it doesn't really count!

God is still the same.
If you think for one minute that God is not the same or the God in your mind is sweet and adores every sin or mistake you make by petting you and encouraging you to try harder next time through his grace, then I'm afraid you are either deceiving yourself or the devil is playing a fast one on you.
God will never encourage you in sin, he won't even minister to you. You will only receive a word from the holy spirit, if you have one in you. The holy spirit as the name portrays, is Holy, and cannot dwell in a person with sin. And God speaks through his spirit, meaning that if you are in sin, and you think you heard from God, its most likely your mind or subconscious.

Grace is the difference, but not a hall pass.
"Shall we continue in sin, so that grace may abound? God forbid"
The difference between the God of the old testament whom you dread, and the one you feel is the right God, is just grace. After Jesus died, there was grace for sinners and hope for unbelievers to come to God, but this should not be abused by continuing in sin hoping for a miracle or still trying to please God while committing adultery and fornication. It won't work. God said "If you are neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth" meaning, its wrong to be on the fence.

You are trying to make excuses for your sin.
You don't want to face the fact that you are probably doing some wrong which you know are wrong. There's only one God, any attribution to God in the bible is God, whether you believe or not. Because God takes his word more serious than his name, and his word was written by his prophets. Living a life of Love, Kindness and Compassion does not guarantee eternal life in heaven. Ask Cornelius in the Bible, God sent Peter to preach to him so he can repent and accept Jesus, although he was a righteous man without Sin.
You said "His grace is so full that at some point, depending on the persons mindset..."
God doesn't work with your mindset, his words are laws. Don't paint it to suit you. Things of the spirit do not work with mindset.

Yes, God will send one to hell for stealing. Your belief in this case is also inconsequential. Its in the bible, he gave the rules and laws. You can't bend them to suit you. Stealing, Lieing, fornication and adultery, evil thoughts, ungodliness, deception, wrath, covetousness, murder, unrepentance e.t.c.
NB: I am not a holy person, I'm just explaining the word of God to you. Once you accept Jesus into your life, all your perceptions will change. Ask Saul, sorry Paul.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi: Life'd be a lot easier for ladies, if they could just remove this "God-fearing" clause from their list of heart's desires in a would be maiteundecided

Ya, you're right. And ohh, right after they strike off 'God fearing' from the list, they should replace same with 'satan loving'. No?
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
Misogynist2014: That is an outdated question grin .He is talking about the I AM THAT I AM.

And who is that? Give me a simple answer!

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
DukeNija:

Nice write up.
But I want to make some points.
Firstly, God never committed genocide. He's the creator, he made all Men in his own image. He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, yes he did. Because he desperately wanted to wipe out immorality. But he tried to find just one person who was sinless in the whole city in order to justify his action.

Adultery is a grave sin against God, and it has never been punishable by death. God never killed anyone for committing adultery, people did. Fornication and adultery are sins of the flesh, and they are some of the gravest sins because they defile the body which is Gods temple. And once the temple is defiled, God cannot dwell there.

God hates sin with perfect hatred. From your analysis, its obvious you know more about the bible than you know about God. God cannot stand the slightest stain or the smallest sin. He is a Holy God. In the days before Jesus christ, I.e before the advent of Grace which is a word I know you like, there was punishment for every sin. God said, "i am a consuming fire" he is a destructive God, whether you believe it, like it or not. He destroyed the world with rain in the Noah days, and fire in Sodom, and he will do it again after Jesus comes. But he is also a merciful God, he said "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and compassion on whom I will have compassion"
Your opinion of it doesn't really count!

God is still the same.
If you think for one minute that God is not the same or the God in your mind is sweet and adores every sin or mistake you make by petting you and encouraging you to try harder next time through his grace, then I'm afraid you are either deceiving yourself or the devil is playing a fast one on you.
God will never encourage you in sin, he won't even minister to you. You will only receive a word from the holy spirit, if you have one in you. The holy spirit as the name portrays, is Holy, and cannot dwell in a person with sin. And God speaks through his spirit, meaning that if you are in sin, and you think you heard from God, its most likely your mind or subconscious.

Grace is the difference, but not a hall pass.
"Shall we continue in sin, so that grace may abound? God forbid"
The difference between the God of the old testament whom you dread, and the one you feel is the right God, is just grace. After Jesus died, there was grace for sinners and hope for unbelievers to come to God, but this should not be abused by continuing in sin hoping for a miracle or still trying to please God while committing adultery and fornication. It won't work. God said "If you are neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth" meaning, its wrong to be on the fence.

You are trying to make excuses for your sin.
You don't want to face the fact that you are probably doing some wrong which you know are wrong. There's only one God, any attribution to God in the bible is God, whether you believe or not. Because God takes his word more serious than his name, and his word was written by his prophets. Living a life of Love, Kindness and Compassion does not guarantee eternal life in heaven. Ask Cornelius in the Bible, God sent Peter to preach to him so he can repent and accept Jesus, although he was a righteous man without Sin.
You said "His grace is so full that at some point, depending on the persons mindset..."
God doesn't work with your mindset, his words are laws. Don't paint it to suit you. Things of the spirit do not work with mindset.

Yes, God will send one to hell for stealing. Your belief in this case is also inconsequential. Its in the bible, he gave the rules and laws. You can't bend them to suit you. Stealing, Lieing, fornication and adultery, evil thoughts, ungodliness, deception, wrath, covetousness, murder, unrepentance e.t.c.
NB: I am not a holy person, I'm just explaining the word of God to you. Once you accept Jesus into your life, all your perceptions will change. Ask Saul, sorry Paul.

god is this,god is that....which of the millions of gods are you talking about? !!! be specific!

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
jennylove7575: the God all of you go to worship in the church on Sundays and Saturdays.

I do not worship any god,do you? I do not need one,I am more advanced than that. May i ask why you need to go so low into worshiping a god?

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by gatiano(m): 3:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
What is a spirit?
in my own view, a spirit is the essense of the physical body. (i.e it may/can't exist without the physical body/form). or
a spirit is a life force within the human physical body, or simply energy. can we see energy? no i can't, the gravitation force of the world is an energy. when you throw an object up, do you see what brings it down? no i doubt you do too. or
a spirit is that which comes out of a human body when the body does not perform what it is meant for (death), has no ability to breath in oxygen (invisible). death!

thus we can say that a spirit is that which is inanimate, has no form, can't be seen, heard, or touched, can't walk or speak (except in nollywood or all the other woods). only maybe feel.

can we say GOD, is inanimate? dead? or a spirit?
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by jennylove7575(f): 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
ifeness:

I do not worship any god,do you? I do not need one,I am more advanced than that. May i ask why you need to go so low into worshiping a god?
see voice of devil o.. shocked grin I used to think I am bad..I don see who carry first grin grin ifeness ehen....please free my waist..o
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by SpcAgtOko: 5:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
The fear of the Lord is reverence. Search out a reverent individual.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by cyborg1(m): 5:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ooooooh! This una courtship mata again, come enter God side this time.

Anyways, we should stop relating our individual character with the fear of God. Because what I found odd in those considered not fearing God, exists in many religious leaders equally. Except those that challenges and insults God with contempt.

So, let us concentrate on characters, which is hallmak of compatibility both in business and marriage.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Misogynist2014(m): 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
ifeness:

And who is that? Give me a simple answer!
Chris Angels has always made mockery of science,not that those scientific laws are not valid but it's not valid beyond physical realm.Isn't it?But it is true that magicians were known to be good physicists,with good knowledge of natural laws and science in general and were known to be physicians in the early days,before they were wiped out by Catholic church due to their evil ways.Isn't it?Do you know about the story of Moses' snake which swallowed the snakes of the magicians and the Quran(which differs with Bible majorly on Jesus and Isaac) further said the magicians confessed that truely,truely this is God.

With this I tell you that science(physical)cannot define the spiritual but only Spiritual(God) can define physical.And there are many gods but 1 God.Physical cannot create spiritual but spiritual can create physical.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
jennylove7575: see voice of devil o.. shocked grin I used to think I am bad..I don see who carry first grin grin ifeness ehen....please free my waist..o

Your waist? lipsrsealed

At least you can be proud you have spoken to a devil.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
Misogynist2014: Chris Angels has always made mockery of science,not that those scientific laws are not valid but it's not valid beyond physical realm.Isn't it?But it is true that magicians were known to be good physicists,with good knowledge of natural laws and science in general and were known to be physicians in the early days,before they were wiped out by Catholic church due to their evil ways.Isn't it?Do you know about the story of Moses' snake which swallowed the snakes of the magicians and the Quran(which differs with Bible majorly on Jesus and Isaac) further said the magicians confessed that truely,truely this is God.

With this I tell you that science(physical)cannot define the spiritual but only Spiritual(God) can define physical.And there are many gods but I God.

Spirituality has got nothing to do with your bible stories. In fact most bible stories are no better than science fiction e.g the talking snake,moses parting the sea undecided. Those are stories you tell to kids,unfortunately some adults still believe in them.

What do you even know about spirits anyway?

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Misogynist2014(m): 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
ifeness:

Spirituality has got nothing to do with your bible stories. In fact most bible stories are no better than science fiction e.g the talking snake,moses parting the sea undecided. Those are stories you tell to kids,unfortunately some adults still believe in them.

What do you even know about spirits anyway?
You always find a cheap and very silly way of derailing from arguements.God according to the bible is a spirit,so saying spirituality has nothing to do with Bible is intellectually flawed.Who told you that because you can't speak Spanish,I can't.Since you've never been in Eden,you can't tell me animals couldn't communicate like Man.

I've answered a lot of questions,just answer this question:Is science safe enough to tell us how our world came into existence without involving spiritual realm and why?
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by lebesgue(m): 7:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
Terdoo2k4: 1. Someone who believes Jesus came and died for his/her sins
2. Someone who recognizes he/she is a sinner
3. Someone who repents from their sins and asks jesus to come into their lives
4. Someone who now hates. Their former life and actively pursues holiness and sanctification
5(growing in the knowledge of God and also making the best of the opportunities of the means of grace.(reading the scriptures,praying, fellowshiping with other belivers)
Now this. Is a true believer.

So since our African ancestors didn't believe in Jesus, we can then conclude that they were not God fearing people. In fact, since more than half of the world do not believe in Jesus, we can similarly conclude that they are not God fearing people.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
Misogynist2014: You always find a cheap and very silly way of derailing from arguements.God according to the bible is a spirit,so saying spirituality has nothing to do with Bible is intellectually flawed.Who told you that because you can't speak Spanish,I can't.Since you've never been in Eden,you can't tell me animals couldn't communicate like Man.

I've answered a lot of questions,just answer this question:Is science safe enough to tell us how our world came into existence without involving spiritual realm and why?

How am i derailing? It will be too much for your brain to handle if i ask you which of the hundreds of gods history of metioned you are talking about.

Since you are refering to the bible,there were several "gods" in the bible stories. One of them physically walked in the garden of eden. Also,another one had lunch with Abraham.....how could a spirit do such things?

Another one had sex with mary...i could go on...

1 Like

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Amadaz(m): 8:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
Na prsn wey dey get goose bumps for body if e hear God name.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Joel3(m): 8:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
who?? Is is the one on the pic?

Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by damselabi(f): 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
I tink a Godfearing person is som1 dat loves d Lord genuinely, does His will n strives to please Him at all tyms.Nt evry1 dat says deu r Godfearing are bt by dia behaviours u can spot dem.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by pussypounder(m): 9:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
someone that does not give his wife ddoggy style
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by AfricanApple(f): 9:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
god fearing? not in this world
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by AfricanApple(f): 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
damselabi: I tink a Godfearing person is som1 dat loves d Lord genuinely, does His will n strives to please Him at all tyms.Nt evry1 dat says deu r Godfearing are bt by dia behaviours u can spot dem.
have u ever come across a godfearing person
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by damselabi(f): 10:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
AfricanApple: have u ever come across a godfearing person
Sure I ve...bt very few.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Meeky(m): 12:46am On Sep 11, 2014
ifekemmy: Hello guys,

Trust you all are having a great week.

There are questions that keep bugging my mind and I will seriously like to hear your views on them.

1. Who is a God-fearing person?... Who is a God-fearing man or woman?

2. How do you recognize a God-fearing individual?... What are the characters of a God-fearing man or woman?

3. How do these characters or if at all a God-fearing individual shape your decision is selecting a spouse?

I keep hearing both male and female giving the above condition in selecting a spouse. The idea of a God-fearing individual is quite bogus and I will really want to learn how the married guys/ guys courting who had gone through this selection process achieved it.

Please your mature contributions will be appreciated.

Proverb 9:10 ; The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
happy birthday ifekemmy.more years ahead.God bless your future.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 11, 2014
Kanwulia: I hope I never get to meet a real one! cheesy
same here bro/sis
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by AfricanApple(f): 6:38am On Sep 11, 2014
damselabi:
Sure I ve...bt very few.
u have been so deceived. they packed themselves well that u couldn't see anything
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by damselabi(f): 7:15am On Sep 11, 2014
AfricanApple: u have been so deceived. they packed themselves well that u couldn't see anything
D ones u knw mayb...dias no way u ll package somtin one day it ll surface.I live wit some so dias no packaging dia.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by AfricanApple(f): 7:31am On Sep 11, 2014
damselabi:
D ones u knw mayb...dias no way u ll package somtin one day it ll surface.I live wit some so dias no packaging dia.
yeah u live with dem and always with them 24hours u never can tell what's gonna happen tomorrow
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by damselabi(f): 7:49am On Sep 11, 2014
AfricanApple: yeah u live with dem and always with them 24hours u never can tell what's gonna happen tomorrow
Don't knw wot ish u ve....bt woteva it might b bear in mind dat every1 is nt d same n dia r still gud ppl.
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by Terdoo2k4(m): 10:30am On Sep 11, 2014
lebesgue:

So since our African ancestors didn't believe in Jesus, we can then conclude that they were not God fearing people. In fact, since more than half of the world do not believe in Jesus, we can similarly conclude that they are not God fearing people.

The book of romans chapter two gives us a glimpse of how those who have not heard the gospel will be judged but am yet to fully understand, but. Those who have heard and yet refuse to put their trust in jesus I can categorically tell you they are not God fearing... romans 1 and 2 says that... now if you are a christian u have to believe what the bible says if you are not then brother put your faith in jesus and follow those steps, hebrews. says it's gone be bad for those who have heard but yet refuse to believe
Re: Who Is A God-fearing Individual? by ifekemmy(f): 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
happy birthday ifekemmy.more years ahead.God bless your future.

Amen...thank u so much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plans changed. / Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed / How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.