Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:45 AM

6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University (34621 Views)

7 Benefits Of Attending A Public University / Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics / Is FUNAAB, Abeokuta The Most Beautiful Public University Campus In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by careema(f): 8:53am On Sep 10, 2014
samypopson: you mean to say they cheated their ways 2ru post jamb examinations? Don't think u knw wat u re saying guy

Some, Yes
Post Jamb
Assignments
Test
Exams.

plenty incompetent graduates
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by careema(f): 8:54am On Sep 10, 2014
itsIYKE: private universities are filled wit losers from well-to do families,who can't compete

Losers? Why the hate?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Pasca07: 8:56am On Sep 10, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Could you prove how the "better" funding private universities get over the public ones has given them an edge? Have you ever heard of a graduate of a private university toping his class in a postgraduate class? How many of their first class graduates won the FG scholarship?
toping in postgraduate?stop embarassing youself here a babcock university graduate was the best graduating student at UI in her department....
You even mention FG scholarship?please get updated it seems you are bereft of what you are saying.......

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Lolaabokoku(f): 8:56am On Sep 10, 2014
Anyi3: lol I smell blood
grin
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by ayomidegambari(m): 8:56am On Sep 10, 2014
Sop dude. you aint in your right mind to post that kind of writeup, isn't it obvious that public universities got more experienced lecturers, in term of english speaking, (you gongon) you fit compete with the public skul gurus..dey are extraordinary bro. C ur writeup like secondary skul students'.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by osho3mtech(f): 8:57am On Sep 10, 2014
Some students going to public universities re just paying for structures,past glory, outdated professors, outdated lab , lib etc. If ur parents or ur ward hv the money(I mean financially stable) and they hv u in mind. Cos a good parent will plan ahead, and in planing time is an important factor(I'd est duration of course) at a stipulated time d child will grad. After that what next !! Expecially wen he no put him no hand for things like expo, cultism, fraud etc wen go lead to suspension or removal.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 10, 2014
careema:

Does you passing jamb mean you are brilliant?
this guy is attending a private university , see grammer

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by careema(f): 8:58am On Sep 10, 2014
shollay09: ............ Well, we all know fingers they say are not equal.. Not only in private universities,'ll u see that.. You talk about been connected, disciplined, and time.. Why not try other universities if you won't see that... Come down to Unilorin,and am sure u'll be well groomed, get connected and I can boldly say we are even faster than some of d so called Private universities

For your mind

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by stevetech: 8:59am On Sep 10, 2014
I am a product of UNN but at Law school, i observed that some private university graduates were very good academically or in fact, competing favourably with us.
Lets not forget that some of the best graduating students of some Departments, Faculties or even University were products of some so called community Secondary Schools.
My brothers and sisters, whether public or private Uni.... IT IS SIMPLY AN INDIVIDUAL THING.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by silversonuc(m): 8:59am On Sep 10, 2014
5) STRIKE ACTION: OMG, why would a 4years course becomes 6years without any extra years

i guess one of d benefits of private uni is dat dey teach u using GBAGAUN language unlike d public unis, dis boy if u knw any old man u insulted in d villa beta go nd appologise cos ya problem is spiritual, u jux woke up dis morning to display ya foolishness to d full glare of nlanders, SMH

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by sucess001(m): 9:01am On Sep 10, 2014
grin
flolancracker: And most students in public universities are the ones who cheated their way through.

At the end of their Bsc degrees, the private graduate turns out to be the better graduate. Not hating on public universities, I'm simply paying you back in your own coins, because you generalised first.

Ehhhnnn...we gree

We agree we public university graduands cheated our way tru jamb but that means private university studens also cheated.....................................................and still failed! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 10, 2014
Yea like the babcock guy that hacked his father to death tongue
Thou I smell a lil bit of envy on this thread. The truth is that most people attend private universities for the reasons the Op listed and not because of Jamb or whatever.

If you wanna judge op by his typo then you are so wrong because a lot of graduates from public schools can't speak or write well. NYSC has proved that to us and they mostly come from state schools. My course rep then will always say 'Are you understooding me'? Several times he's being corrected and he will always defend himself with 'English no be my papa language'.

If you have the money,spend it.

Anyway, coming soon...101 reasons not to attend UNIBUJA undecided

gen2briz: OP did you really mention discipline....... You got to be kidding me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by careema(f): 9:03am On Sep 10, 2014
hopelink1: this guy is attending a private university , see grammer

Lol. Big head. Na my intended mistake you see out of all that is posted on this thread. You are lost cause.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by queensenglish91: 9:05am On Sep 10, 2014
promisechild: This your write-ups really shows the reason you resorted to attending a private university having failed jamb severally.

bullet point

your write-ups is full with gbaguan

*write-up
*several times
*write-up
*of

PS: I attended a Nigerian Private University

*drops mic*

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Muzikluva(m): 9:07am On Sep 10, 2014
Aidy97: Public universities like secondary schools?? U must be referring to private universities..eating like a vegeterian,not cooking in the hostel and limited freedom are som of the bizarre tins private universities condole that is so secondary schoolish
i call dem boarding skuls...glorified secondary schools!
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by osho3mtech(f): 9:07am On Sep 10, 2014
I use this thread as a point of contact to reach all those children believing and hoping in GOD to get into a good school and a course of dier choice. Receive ur Miracle now. "TAKE IT" ur admission is on ur door now the funding already taking care of by our lord jesus. Believe it and so shall it be.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Navalsadiq(m): 9:07am On Sep 10, 2014
Who so ever must have posted these tread does not know what he is saying.check your record plus I stand to be corrected moSt prominent men you see today graduated from public schools.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by EldaTimba(m): 9:08am On Sep 10, 2014
Sijioke: Private universities are bunch of craps.. I heard those private uni students wait until they unlock their gate to enta to the whole university boys or girls hostel after lecturing.. They lock and reopen the gates.. Some Secondary skul hostels are beta than them by far.
U "heard that". That is the problem Nigerians have. smh
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by EldaTimba(m): 9:09am On Sep 10, 2014
kheart: op A graduate of Public uni is naturally ahead of u. So keep hating.
In your dream. Who are the highest recipient of presidential scholarship? Public University should better sit up.
PS: I rep FUTA
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by silversonuc(m): 9:10am On Sep 10, 2014
tuhorns:
Madonna University allow students to cook in hostels.
and have to leave d skool gate with an exit card nd must not return a minute after resumption or a fine is dished out, a skool wia guys nd gals are not allowed to sit on d same row in class, u call dat a uni, u must b kidding me
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Muzikluva(m): 9:11am On Sep 10, 2014
sucess001: grin

Ehhhnnn...we gree

We agree we public university graduands cheated our way tru jamb but that means private university studens also cheated.....................................................and still failed! grin grin grin
hahaha...two of una dey mak mi laff...
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by selfmadeOLX(m): 9:11am On Sep 10, 2014
tbest0213: i graduated from one of the best public fedral university of technology, to be frank and truthful private university is the best and they settle down to teach u and lecturers knows you buy name most time in private universities though they still have spoilt brats in there too but u speak and meet good reasonable friends, is just that is expensive, pls lemme me ask a question "if they drop range rover and benz 230 pls wch 1 will you choose?" Men i will go for the expensive one. Just becus i don't have money for it then i will manage benz 230 and work hard to excell wen I'm out to labour market... Sorry to say but all my kids will attend the best private universities
You see your dirty brain!
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:11am On Sep 10, 2014
Pasca07: toping in postgraduate?stop embarassing youself here a babcock university graduate was the best graduating student at UI in her department....
You even mention FG scholarship?please get updated it seems you are bereft of what you are saying.......
I can see the effect of your private university in the way you write. Next time improve in your written English. This is not SMS, where you're charged, and resort to writing in mnemonics to save money.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by dondavidson(m): 9:12am On Sep 10, 2014
revenge post.

Someone posted 'reasons not to attend a PRIVATE UNI.' the other day.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Elnino4ladies: 9:12am On Sep 10, 2014
D op is deluded,clueless nd inepth..no concrete point...keep consolin urself.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by EldaTimba(m): 9:12am On Sep 10, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: On facilities, the only that private universities can boast of being conducive are hostels and lecture halls. There laboratories (for both the humanities and the sciences) are not as equipped as some of those in some public universities. Have you asked yourself why some private universities said the Federal Government should extend grants from the Education Trust Fund, ETF, to them?
Did you just say they don't have equipped laboratories because FG want to support them? What a baseless argument. Go to CU, Babcock, AUN and edit ur post. U definitely ave not visited a private university

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 10, 2014
careema:

And private university graduates are winning in that regard.
if u say so
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 10, 2014
careema:

Lol. Big head. Na my intended mistake you see out of all that is posted on this thread. You are lost cause.
I think I know you, you are from borno ryt?
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by EldaTimba(m): 9:15am On Sep 10, 2014
nickz: sorry op...i bet your lecturer asked you to write names of noisemakers yesterday grin grin
Another product of ___________. Arguing based on rumours won't lead u any where. Off course, few may be writing, just like some public uni lecturers says u must not bring out ur phone in class even if there is emergency.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by reincarnation: 9:16am On Sep 10, 2014
You can't even write correctly and you expect me to attend your glorified secondary school undecided

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Yommy247(m): 9:16am On Sep 10, 2014
OduntanGabriel: This is a counter thread to what was written by a fellow nairalander.

Here are the 6 reasons why I attending a private university is good for you.

1)Conducive Environment : When you look at some government owned universities,you wonder if this is actually a secondary school or what? The government of nigeria doesn't really show much concerns to their schools but private university believes that a conducive environment is very essential for learning. When you go to private universities for a tour , you don't feel like leaving there, they have things in place for learning. You see student of public university overcrowded(receiving lectures through the window or standing @ the door) how do you learn in this environment,with so much heat thanks to the over population.

2)COST: Yea, I know you do be surprised I said cost. Private universities are expensive, you don't expect education to be cheap. The are expensive because they give you value for money. I leave you with the slogan which says if education is expensive try ignorance.

3)CONNECTION: No matter how rich a man is,if he doesn't have connection,he's useless. Private universities creates an avenue for you to meet the sons and daughters of the rich and powerful men in our societies. The Dangotes and otedolas have their sons ,daughters, nephew etc in this so called private universities and this can easily elevate you. Being a scholar does not guarantee you an employment opportunity in our society except you are connected. Isn't it a good thing to be dinning and winning with the crème de la crème of society? Answer me

4)SECURITY: Our public schools are not safe,not even safe for the lecturers not to talk of the students. Many student have lost their lives to this game called Cultism (even the innocent ones). Some lecturers who refuse to dance to the tune of this so called school prefects have kicked the bucket. What is the essence of making a 1st class in public universities and on your graduation day or final exam ,you get wasted. Abraham Maslow's listed 5 hierarchy of needs and SAFETY is one of it. Our Public universities are not safe for learning

5) STRIKE ACTION: OMG, why would a 4years course becomes 6years without any extra years or carry over? Strike has been one of the main problem facing the education system in nigeria. Some people entered the university @ the age of 25 with the hope of finishing a 4 years course but due to strike actions the finished at the age of 31 and couldn't go for their youth service because they are above 30years. In a private university, you know when you are graduating except the student failed some courses which lead to extra years.

6) Discipline: There is discipline in private university, you don't slap your lecturer, you don't threaten your fellow colleague. You don't run away from lecturers,you don't receive calls while having lectures, all because you want to party or flex. Remember , the main reason you are in school is too learn. Private university instill discipline on their student unlike public university.
trash!!!
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by tosyne2much(m): 9:18am On Sep 10, 2014
The former debate was HND VS BSC, 2.1 VS 2.2, now Private Uni Vs Public Uni... I guess d next one would be MAPOLY Vs COVENANT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

2018/2019 Uniabuja Postgraduate Admission Discussions Thread / 10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time / Vice-Principal Calls Out Student Who ‘Disrespected’ Him On Messenger (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.