Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC (3210 Views)

I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki / I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu / Buhari, Tinubu Drop Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Shine1177: 6:22am On Sep 10, 2014
10.Sep.2014 Taiwo Adisa -Abuja

SPEAKER of the House of Representatives, Honourable Aminu Tambuwal, is set to declare his presidential ambition under the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), sources close to the party have said.

It was confirmed in Abuja that having concluded the series of consultations, the speaker had concluded that he could win the primaries of the APC.

Sources said Tambuwal was banking on the fact that bigwigs of the party, including former head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari; former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and governor of Kano State, Rabiu Kwakwanso, would share votes from northen members, while the speaker has been assured of block votes from the South-West.

A source in the know said the Speaker has “consulted widely and has been persuaded by his contacts to drop his governorship aspiration for a higher office.”

It was gathered that the reception and encouragement he got from leaders, including former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, made him to drop the governorship ambition and choose to pick the nomination form under the APC.

Though it was learnt that Tambuwal was initially afraid that he would be knocked out by one of Buhari, Atiku or Kwakwanso, it was gathered that the assurance he got from Obasanjo and chieftains of the APC in the South-West bolstered the ambition.

“The ambition is currently hoisted on the fact that there are assurances by leaders of the APC, especially a chieftain from the South-West, who insisted that the zone would guarantee him of votes from South-West.

“The permutations are that votes from the North at the party primaries would be split amongst General Buhari, Kwankwaso, Abubakar, and himself.

“The chief promoter of Tambuwal has promised him bulk votes from the South-West and South-South, while the South-East would be scrambled by all the contestants. His running mate, a nominee of the promoter, would come from the South-West,” the source said.

The sources concluded that Tambuwal had serviced his friendship with the South-West, especially leaders of the party in the zone, by ensuring that he hardly missed any event by the opposition in recent years.

He was said to be planning the declaration to come immediately after that of Atiku, which had been fixed for September 24.

Reacting, his spokesman, Imam Imam, in a text message to the Nigerian Tribune, said “the Speaker is still consulting on his political future. The outcome of the consultation will be made public at the appropriate time.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/15663-tambuwal-set-to-declare-presidential-ambition-under-apc

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by bbello28(m): 6:23am On Sep 10, 2014
grin I thought as much...
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Shine1177: 6:24am On Sep 10, 2014
This man is taking a ride on the Tiger's back, "wetin e dey find: wahala e dey find". Political miscalculation.

South East will be scrambled?...Its unfortunate my South easterners brethren allowed themselves to be political fishpond. No pun intended please.
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by drsteroid(m): 6:25am On Sep 10, 2014
Kk
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Amya(f): 6:29am On Sep 10, 2014
All I can see is the division of an evil party.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by killuminati(m): 6:30am On Sep 10, 2014
See how he resemble Bowser for Mario Bros 3
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Rawani: 6:30am On Sep 10, 2014
He has every right to contest, as ours is a party rooted in internal democracy that abhors the arm-twisting and blackmail characteristic of the PDP. However at this crucial time, I believe a Buhari or Kwankwaso candidacy is much more beneficial to the party, if we are to give Jona the much needed bloody nose at the polls next year.

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by ukajoe: 6:44am On Sep 10, 2014
This is a welcome development but if not properly managed within our dear opposition party, it will affect the existence of APC. I as a person welcome & advocate a two- party system for a stronger Nigeria. Wish they should bury their personal interest and work towards a better opposition of better & rational ideology.
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by donphilopus: 7:10am On Sep 10, 2014
Does that mean everyone now runs to Obasanjo to become the President of Nigeria?! Because last week, it was reported that Sule Lamido received massive support from Obasanjo and today is now Tambuwal. Anyways, the should do whatever pleases them!

I as a person wouldn't advise Tambuwal to waste his resources in the forth-coming Presidential primaries/election because it'd be very difficult for him. He should go and vie for the Governorship Seat in Sokoto either under the platform of APC or PDP because APC would not be so foolish to give their ticket to a newbie.

Moreover, this man ain't too pure because I could remember he was among the people that were accused of financial misconduct/recklessness when he was the Deputy Chief Whip of the 6th House. Besides, an average Nigeria from other parts of the country doesn't have an idea of who Tambuwal and Kwankwaso are!
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 10, 2014
According to the source...
The sources said.....
News from the source says....
The source confirmed......
The source told us that.....
A source in the know said.....

Who the hell is the SOURCE??!!!

What kind of nonsense journalism is this biko? Sounds more like a gossip or beer parlour gist to me.

angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Mogidi: 7:19am On Sep 10, 2014
Tinubu is ready to sell his vote to the highest bidder. The candidate with an enviable contract for Tinubu wins the day ja re. APC has no democracy as long as Tinubu remains their head. Billionairre Atiku would buy Tinubu and offer him contracts he can't refuse.

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Desric(m): 7:42am On Sep 10, 2014
Another calculatios from the pit of hell to cause disaffection in the party. Who sponsored this Article please?
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Ayed44: 8:27am On Sep 10, 2014
Wishing him the best
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by mistudreh(m): 8:34am On Sep 10, 2014
Tribune!!!! Wen u too start to dey bring dis kind new... You too dey fall my hand
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by hushmail: 12:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
Shine1177: This man is taking a ride on the Tiger's back, "wetin e dey find: wahala e dey find". Political miscalculation.

South East will be scrambled?...Its unfortunate my South easterners brethren allowed themselves to be political fishpond. No pun intended please.

d op is correct in saying SE will b scrambled cos he knows dat APC has no root in SE

dat does not make SE a fish pond

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by hushmail: 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
9ja polithievians lack ideology

how can a whole Speaker cross carpet on d eve of general election?

Though i might b persuaded to support Tambuwal 4 president, but never Buhari.

In d interim

#teamgejtill2019#
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
berem: According to the source...
The sources said.....

What kind of nonsense journalism is this biko? Sounds more like a gossip or beer parlour gist to me.

angry angry

I have been looking for SOURCE since o, the day we find him ehn, gbege go dey o.
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sai Tambuwal

His Excellency.......Aminu Tambuwal, GCXX in waiting. Sai Tambuwal grin
His Excellency.......Babatunde Fashola , GCXX in waiting. Sai Fashola grin

Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked
This Otuoke-Borno born would definitely retire to his home-town by this time next year cool
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
berem: According to the source...
The sources said.....

angry angry

Take sauce below: grin
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/15663-tambuwal-set-to-declare-presidential-ambition-under-apc
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
Shine1177: This man is taking a ride on the Tiger's back, "wetin e dey find: wahala e dey find". Political miscalculation.

Yes ohhhh, South East would be scrambled like when you dont renew your dstv access grin
Scrambling for Jona's votes in the south east region grin
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
hushmail: 9ja polithievians lack ideology

how can a whole Speaker cross carpet on d eve of general election?

Though i might b persuaded to support Tambuwal 4 president, but never Buhari.

In d interim

#teamgejtill2019#

Which ideology? Same Jona is exhibiting in Chad with Sheriff grin
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
donphilopus: Does that mean everyone now runs to Obasanjo to become the President of Nigeria?! Because last week, it was reported that Sule Lamido received massive support from Obasanjo and today is now Tambuwal. Anyways, the should do whatever pleases them!

I as a person wouldn't advise Tambuwal to waste his resources in the forth-coming Presidential primaries/election because it'd be very difficult for him. He should go and vie for the Governorship Seat in Sokoto either under the platform of APC or PDP because APC would not be so foolish to give their ticket to a newbie.

Moreover, this man ain't too pure because I could remember he was among the people that were accused of financial misconduct/recklessness when he was the Deputy Chief Whip of the 6th House. Besides, an average Nigeria from other parts of the country doesn't have an idea of who Tambuwal and Kwankwaso are!

Bring your dr.Jona and Tambuwal together in an election: Who has more clout? shocked
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Rawani: He has every right to contest, as ours is a party rooted in internal democracy that abhors the arm-twisting and blackmail characteristic of the PDP. However at this crucial time, I believe a Buhari or Kwankwaso candidacy is much more beneficial to the party, if we are to give Jona the much needed bloody nose at the polls next year.

Rawani - Seun has deleted our 'like' button. I would have just clicked the right button grin

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by gen2briz(m): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
booking space
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Amitex(m): 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
I hope he consulted with Ribadu grin

The APC presidential Votes For Sale!!!

Price: Oil Block for Oando for 4 years and cash in like sum

Vendor: BAT, Ikoyi, Lagos

Bid closes by noon on February 1, 2015

Bid opening and award on February 7

Venue for award: Banquest Hall, APC Secretariat, Abuja

Preferred Bidders: GEJ and others (if they can pay)

Note that the winning bid (GEJ) would receive all APC votes on February 14, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
Rawani: He has every right to contest, as ours is a party rooted in internal democracy that abhors the arm-twisting and blackmail characteristic of the PDP. However at this crucial time, I believe a Buhari or Kwankwaso candidacy is much more beneficial to the party, if we are to give Jona the much needed bloody nose at the polls next year.
Tambawal? hahaha with all the corruption scam of Reps he wants to be what?
Let him come and be humiliated at the Primaries.
It is
SAI BUHARI(First Choice)
SAI KWANKWASO(Should Buhari decide not to run).

The REST should .... Forget the Presidency for NOW

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
donphilopus: Does that mean everyone now runs to Obasanjo to become the President of Nigeria?! Because last week, it was reported that Sule Lamido received massive support from Obasanjo and today is now Tambuwal. Anyways, the should do whatever pleases them!

An average Northerner in the NorthWest idolise GMB FIRST and next Rabiu Kwankwaso. I stand to be corrected.
PLEASE forget about Tambawal that should be among the people facing EFCC Charges under General Buhari of Kwankwaso Government in 2015.
It is GMB all the way...

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Kanwulia: 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
Oh dear!
AND THE DEFECATION CONTINUES!

What a cutie!!!
He has my vote!!!
Anything but GEJ!!!

Unless PDP GETS A NORTHERN PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANT!!!! kiss

OBJ!!! I dey laugh ooooooo!!!!
Anenih! You dey hia so?

grin
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Kul3ger(m): 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
PDP's strategy 2 share APC's votes...Tambuwal are u now the sacrificial lamb?...smh
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by kwanKwasiyya(m): 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
on point comrade. The APC will allow all candidates contest the primaries irrespective of there regions. Basically those with strong political capabilities will have the day

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by shizzleStar: 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
He has been a mole in the PDP, what a typical political prostitute.....ols let him hurry and decamp,good riddance
Re: Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC by Rawani: 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
Keneking:

Rawani - Seun has deleted our 'like' button. I would have just clicked the right button grin

It's back now and i've reciprocated the intended gesture. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers State Govt Spent Over 1 Billion To Curb Ebola-amaechi / Chima Okoro Arrested / Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.