Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,599 members, 7,823,608 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. (1152 Views)

Matured Advice Pls, She Is Breaking Up With Me Cos Of This (pics) / 10 Types Of Confused Ladies / 10 Types Of Confused Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by donpiko: 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
I have dated my boyfriend for six yrs now,we started dating when i was in 100 level,now i have graduated and also working.But am kind of confused,men have being asking for my hand in marriage,but i kept on rejecting them because i still want my boyfriend,so now am 25 yrs and my parents wants me to marry,my boyfriend promised to marry me and my parents are aware of it,but the problem is that he has not gotten any job yet,he keeps tell me to exercise some patience that he will not turn me down.The question is should i wait for him or should i move on with my life.Note he is a nice man,God fearing,kind and above all he loves me very much and i love him too.
Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by Doclight(m): 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
donpiko: I have dated my boyfriend for six yrs now,we started dating when i was in 100 level,now i have graduated and also working.But am kind of confused,men have being asking for my hand in marriage,but i kept on rejecting them because i still want my boyfriend,so now am 25 yrs and my parents wants me to marry,my boyfriend promised to marry me and my parents are aware of it,but the problem is that he has not gotten any job yet,he keeps tell me to exercise some patience that he will not turn me down.The question is should i wait for him or should i move on with my life.Note he is a nice man,God fearing,kind and above all he loves me very much and i love him too.
i seriouly dont see anything to be confused about.

If after 6yrs u both still rocks, then u both are meant for eachother.

A marriage that could last for six yrs. Is not a kid marriage. Some marriages couldn't even span up to 2yrs. Yet u dated even while in school with many distractions from peeps yet u still rock.
And your parents are even aware.
He's God fearing and so on. He had asked u to b patient.

If u ask me. I'd say for u to b having second thought on this means dat u are d villian(pardon me).

Ask yourself, "can money decide my life?"

if upto now, he's still intrested in you, it only meant he can never cheat on you. And ur marriage would be blessed forever, cos u both now understood ur sef perfectly, for 6yrs? Wow! You both tried abeg.

Think of it, if you leave him now, what would he live on?

1. That girl betrayed me
2. Because i had no money
3. She is obsessed with money
4. She has now forgotten our many years together because of one rich guy. Etc.

Friend think!!!

6 Likes

Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by Firefire(m): 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Doclight: i seriouly dont see anything to be confused about.

If after 6yrs u both still rocks, then u both are meant for eachother.

A marriage that could last for six yrs. Is not a kid marriage. Some marriages couldn't even span up to 2yrs. Yet u dated even while in school with many distractions from peeps yet u still rock.
And your parents are even aware.
He's God fearing and so on. He had asked u to b patient.

If u ask me. I'd say for u to b having second thought on this means dat u are d villian(pardon me).

Ask yourself, "can money decide my life?"

if upto now, he's still intrested in you, it only meant he can never cheat on you. And ur marriage would be blessed forever, cos u both now understood ur sef perfectly, for 6yrs? Wow! You both tried abeg.

Think of it, if you leave him now, what would he live on?

1. That girl betrayed me
2. Because i had no money
3. She is obsessed with money
4. She has now forgotten our many years together because of one rich guy. Etc.

Friend think!!!

Good word of wisdom. Please read the advice line by line and get the TRUE MESSAGE

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by sweettease(f): 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Good men are extremely scarce and if you think you have one, my dear, be patient, you might end up regretting it if you rush out to marry another man. 6 years no be beans o

2 Likes

Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by Summersland(m): 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
Lady's wit hurry hurry shaaa on marry mater...Think twice b4 makin such decition because u may regret ur action in future if u leave d guy

1 Like

Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by djeezy(m): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
Wow! what a constructive dilemma. For him to have been with you up to 6 years means he really loves you. No condition is permanent, sooner or later he will get a job. I know you're worried that age is not on your side and the pressure from your family. At 25 you're not old, you're still marketable and your beauty will still be extant. A little patience will suffice while he puts his life together. If your scared that in the end he may not marry you, you can sue him for breach of promise of marriage.

1 Like

Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by ideee03(f): 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
I think because he's interested in marrying you but just needs a source of income, you should be a bit patient with him. Besides ur not sure of the attitude of those proposing marriage.

1 Like

Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by Vikky014(f): 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
Wait o*am speechless 6yrsquit a looong time,Op since u can stay in a rlatnship for dt long,quitn nw will make u to start allover again wic may also last long,so help him to start up a business since u r working.
Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by Chubhie: 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
Just what if he gets a dream job and suddenly changes his mind bout the issue of marriage. I mean, wanting to flex and catch “fun” and sees the idea of marriage as self imprisonment? What if he was sticking around cos he's not yet made? Cos lack of cash energy has a way of humbling guys. Only you have the answers you seek.
Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by Doclight(m): 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
Chubhie: Just what if he gets a dream job and suddenly changes his mind bout the issue of marriage. I mean, wanting to flex and catch “fun” and sees the idea of marriage as self imprisonment? What if he was sticking around cos he's not yet made? Cos lack of cash energy has a way of humbling guys. Only you have the answers you seek.
that woudnt have been a problem at all. 6yrs is enough to have had fun!

1 Like

Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by Chubhie: 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
Doclight: that woudnt have been a problem at all. 6yrs is enough to have had fun!
Or, he could see it as a boring 6yyrs and time to explore the vastness of the universe. The idea is change always happens and love as a fleeting sensation can never be trusted.
Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by valmunich(m): 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
You better stick with him like glue, that kinda guy is rare!

1 Like

Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by Doclight(m): 8:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
Chubhie: Or, he could see it as a boring 6yyrs and time to explore the vastness of the universe. The idea is change always happens and love as a fleeting sensation can never be trusted.
change dat hadnt occur in 6yrs even in such a place as school?

Lolz guy u obviously dnt understand.

The both families are familiar
Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by Fruitful2: 8:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
The challenge he is having is financial otherwise he would have done the needful.

I will advise you sit with him and have a heart to heart discussion.Let him know you are ready to wait and Stand by him but you have given him Six years of your life and would like to know where this relationship is heading.

If he says he wants to Marry you then encourage him in a subtle manner to come and do the Introduction and court Marriage which does not require elaborate gathering at this stage.

It only require your families.With 100,000 you can cover the cost for both Introduction and Court.

Once this is agreed and done it puts your mind at rest while you both plan and Save up for the traditional,white wedding and getting him a job.

It also helps both of you to be focus and committed.

He can also look at other possible options of starting a little business.

It takes a lot to be Married.but if he refuses please look else where cos six years is a lot for a woman to give herself for any guy.

1 Like

Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by Chubhie: 8:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
Doclight: change dat hadnt occur in 6yrs even in such a place as school?

Lolz guy u obviously dnt understand.

The both families are familiar
true i may not understand but, have seen where either party changed their mind on wedding day and fail to show up.
Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by Doclight(m): 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
Chubhie: true i may not understand but, have seen where either party changed their mind on wedding day and fail to show up.
how u come take know. Shey u dey with dem in their inns?

Guy relax. Marriage for 6yrs is not a bullshit.
Dating for that matter!

1 Like

Re: I Need Matured Advice Please Am Kind Of Confused. by donpiko: 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2014
Thanks all for your contributions,may God reward u all.luv u

(1) (Reply)

. / What's That One Transgression U Can't Forgive Wen D 1 U Like commits / Choose The Correct Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.