Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. (35609 Views)

How To Upgrade Tecno Phantom F7 (A+) To Kit-kat. / How To Install Android 4.1 Jellybean Luncher On Your Tecno N3 Smartphone / HELP! How Do I Upgrade Rooted Gingerbread To Jellybean. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
9jahubcom: wait

Wait for what?
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by 9jahubcom(m): 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
didadavid:

Wait for what?
for google to give me answer

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by adewasco2k(m): 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
my dialer changed when i upgraded to 4.4.2 also with better speed and battery, then i upgraded to 4.4.4 i feel its smoother and also dialer changed again.

You have to know your phone well to notice the change.

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Okijajuju1(m): 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
DjAndroid: I just upgraded my galaxy note3 from 4.3 jellybean to 4.4.2 KitKat OTA. But honestly, I see no difference between the two apart from the colour of the icons on the notification bar which changed to white.

Am I missing something? Please what's the difference between the two?

I updated my own samsong galaxy note 3 too from Agoin Beans 4.3 to the pussycat 4.4.2 OTA.. First thing I noticed is that my ringtone is now the meow of a Cat and if my fone falls it never lands on its back..

This PussyKat 4.4.2 rocks.. cool

4 Likes

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by 100Cents: 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
Is there anybody here who doesn't know the meaning of Kit Kat ?
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by 100Cents: 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
nwaobitex: the old one is jellybean the new one is kitkat. thats the difference grin

Exactly.

Intelligent people...
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by kachicarter(m): 5:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
DjAndriod plss how did you upgrade your.... Was it thru wifi? Pls i wanna upgrade my note2 to kitkat OS
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by sirwilly1(m): 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hmmm. Everybody is upgrading. I also upgraded my phone from Iphone 5s to Iphone 6. I still can't see any difference. #pressingmyphone

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Mention(m): 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
Okijajuju1:

I updated my own samsong galaxy note 3 too from Agoin Beans 4.3 to the pussycat 4.4.2 OTA.. First thing I noticed is that my ringtone is now the meow of a Cat and if my fone falls it never lands on its back..

This PussyKat 4.4.2 rocks.. cool

Lol... Funny dude

2 Likes

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
sauceEEP: We are in the same shoe bro. I upgraded my Lg G2 from jellybean to kitkat. The only difference i noticed is that the device is now faster.

Isn't that a good enough change
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by WASMOG(m): 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
Pls can uprage HTC my touch 4g to jelly bean
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by nollyway(m): 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thats mine...just love it looking classy

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by haibe(m): 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
For Samsung devices one thing I know for sure is the speed, minimal ram usage and more features, anything else is insignificant.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by haibe(m): 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
WASMOG: Pls can uprage HTC my touch 4g to jelly bean
No
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by bimbor(m): 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
The most striking improvement I noticed after my own upgrade is the "Improved Battery Life". Now my battery lasts much longer.

Jelly bean is a battery vampire. It pratically ruined my S4 Stock battery. I had to order for another stock battery.

With this new 4.4.2 kitkat, Google got it right for once. I was already blaming Samsung and planning on buying the S5 but with the improved Battery life on my S4, thanks to the OS upgrade, I guess I'm holding on to my Fantastic "4" for now.

Other notable improvements: Kitkat has a better and more responsive UI than JB, Start up time is now shortened, Better Optimized RAM, etc

PS: I upgraded my S4 via PC using Odin. I downloaded the OS manually to my PC. The file is very large ooh, almost 2GB!

If your phone is rooted you cannot get OTA software updates, besides I think it's safer to download and install manually than doing it OTA due to our irregular ISPs. They can brick your phone with internet outage.

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by haibe(m): 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
kachicarter: DjAndriod plss how did you upgrade your.... Was it thru wifi? Pls i wanna upgrade my note2 to kitkat OS

You can download the OS manually and flash through odin software

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by DjAndroid: 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
kachicarter: DjAndriod plss how did you upgrade your.... Was it thru wifi? Pls i wanna upgrade my note2 to kitkat OS

I had enough data. It's almost 1 gig.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by haibe(m): 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
nollyway: Thats mine...just love it looking classy
it's not so different from jellybean, is it?

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by nollyway(m): 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
Yea nt much difference
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by nollyway(m): 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
haibe: it's not so different from jellybean, is it?
nop just a little changes....the notification stuff and all dat.....
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Justiceotuya(m): 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Baadal: I need u guys to pls help me unroot my Note III....I just dont like it rooted and I'll also like to update d KITKAT via OTA

http://m.wikihow.com/Unroot-Android
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by chemmerfrank(m): 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
bimbor: The most striking improvement I noticed after my own upgrade is the "Improved Battery Life". Now my battery lasts much longer.

Jelly bean is a battery vampire. It pratically ruined my S4 Stock battery. I had to order for another stock battery.

With this new 4.4.2 kitkat, Google got it right for once. I was already blaming Samsung and planning on buying the S5 but with the improved Battery life on my S4, thanks to the OS upgrade, I guess I'm holding on to my Fantastic "4" for now.

Other notable improvements: Kitkat has a better and more responsive UI than JB, Start up time is now shortened, Better Optimized RAM, etc

PS: I upgraded my S4 via PC using Odin. I downloaded the OS manually to my PC. The file is very large ooh, almost 2GB!

If your phone is rooted you cannot get OTA software updates, besides I think it's safer to download and install manually than doing it OTA due to our irregular ISPs. They can brick your phone with internet outage.
na u knw wetin u download.its nt upto 2gb
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by understatement: 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
op..what model is ur phone and how much?wan buy new fone..dunno which to buy
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by bimbor(m): 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
DjAndroid:

I have now noticed that the upgrade came in with "device cooler"
Clean master displayed it. And the device doesn't get hot the way it used to when in was running jellybean.

I am looking out for more changes.

Spot on bro. With Jelly bean my phone used to get so hot that sometimes I would think it may just fry!

With this new kitkat upgrade nothing like that at all. The phone now feels so cool from morning till night.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by nollyway(m): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
bimbor: The most striking improvement I noticed after my own upgrade is the "Improved Battery Life". Now my battery lasts much longer.

I advice u hold on to it...
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by bimbor(m): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
Baadal: Pls someone should help me out.....I want to completely UNROOT my note III so I will be able to download KITKAT update....who can do this for me?
Gurus in d house pls help me na....I'm in lagos

No need to unroot. Just download the file and upgrade manually using odin. That's if you use a Samsung device oh. After upgrade you can re-root your device.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by nollyway(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
chemmerfrank: na u knw wetin u download.its nt upto 2gb
the update is approximately 470mb if I can still recall
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by bimbor(m): 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
chemmerfrank: na u knw wetin u download.its nt upto 2gb

My brother, English don dey worry u? Did I say it's 2GB? Which part of "almost" don't you understand? undecided
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by bimbor(m): 6:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
nollyway: the update is approximately 470mb if I can still recall

470mb for Android 4.4.2? You must be kidding me.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Philadelphia: 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
You dare not underestimate the 4.4.2 Kit Kat OS. It beats the 4.3 jellybean. With 4.4.2 Kit Kat, on my Samsung galaxy tab 4, I do lots of wonders. Operation is super fast, I have access to more HD games a d free apps, I can multi task on my screen and do even more. Consider yourself lucky if your device can upgrade to 4.4.2 Kit Kat.
Although my Samsung galaxy tab 4 came with the 4.4.2 Kit Kat OS. Here's a screen shot of my multi tasking.

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by UchihaItachi(m): 6:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
bimbor:

You probably downloaded a firmware cos the update can't be that big and OTA updates doesn't brick phones

You can actually get updates on a rooted phone on LG, don't know about Samsung
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by nollyway(m): 6:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
bimbor:

470mb for Android 4.4.2? You must be kidding me.
not kidding but #fact updated via ota

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

26 Facts You Never Knew About Twitter / Deactivate MTN Music Plus In My Phone / Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.