Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. (35628 Views)

How To Upgrade Tecno Phantom F7 (A+) To Kit-kat. / How To Install Android 4.1 Jellybean Luncher On Your Tecno N3 Smartphone / HELP! How Do I Upgrade Rooted Gingerbread To Jellybean. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by daevheed(m): 7:26am On Sep 13, 2014
glitest:
Nope!... I do not own a Samsung cell; Nexus all the way.
I only know jelly beans as candy with lots of sugar in it, while KitKat is a waffle, covered with creamy chocolate.
KitKat is also another name for a woman's ..........Yep!
please i also have a nexus device(nexus 4). I am upgrading it to kiktat through ota. I downloaded half of the 238.2mb,i want to stop it because of the bad comments i have heard about it. Help me please
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by huzzman: 10:49am On Sep 13, 2014
bimbor: The most striking improvement I noticed after my own upgrade is the "Improved Battery Life". Now my battery lasts much longer.

Jelly bean is a battery vampire. It pratically ruined my S4 Stock battery. I had to order for another stock battery.

With this new 4.4.2 kitkat, Google got it right for once. I was already blaming Samsung and planning on buying the S5 but with the improved Battery life on my S4, thanks to the OS upgrade, I guess I'm holding on to my Fantastic "4" for now.

Other notable improvements: Kitkat has a better and more responsive UI than JB, Start up time is now shortened, Better Optimized RAM, etc

PS: I upgraded my S4 via PC using Odin. I downloaded the OS manually to my PC. The file is very large ooh, almost 2GB!

If your phone is rooted you cannot get OTA software updates, besides I think it's safer to download and install manually than doing it OTA due to our irregular ISPs. They can brick your phone with internet outage.
hi bimbor,can i av ur fone number to enlighten me on hw to update my samsung galaxy note.pls i nd ur urgent reply or u can flash dz number 08037468487
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by huzzman: 10:52am On Sep 13, 2014
DjAndroid: I just upgraded my galaxy note3 from 4.3 jellybean to 4.4.2 KitKat OTA. But honestly, I see no difference between the two apart from the colour of the icons on the notification bar which changed to white.

Am I missing something? Please what's the difference between the two?
sup djandroid,i nd ur help on updating my samsung galaxy note pls i nd ur fone number or u can flash dz number 08037468487.i will b very grateful
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by huzzman: 11:36am On Sep 13, 2014
like do i really nd to download samsung kies cos d one on it z kies air nd wenever i try to go tru it ,it ask of wi fi or portable hot spot connection.pls i nd urgent reply. do i nd to download samsung kies like hw many mb does it takes nd hw do i knw dat its kit kat am updatn to
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Olulinks(m): 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
Mention:
Nope its not..
A lot of bug fixes and improvements...
If you ain't too tech savvy, you may not notice its huge difference

If i have to be tech savvy to notice the difference between the two, then the difference i not huge!
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Babalakin(m): 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
Abbey2sam:

on which device are you watching your dstv? Pls i have an android phone, note11 actually can I do same
ya.i watch it on a galaxy note3.most people are actually unaware of this . I've been rocking this since March. just go to adeyemo alakija around GRA Ikeja(DSTV office) to get it.i got it for #4000 as at then..After getting it, u will go to play store and download 'drifta for android', it's d software that enables it to work.

CAVEAT:subscription is #660 monthly.u get 13 channels including CNN, AFRICA MAGIC, CHANNEL O, NAT GEO WILD..et al
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Babalakin(m): 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
wow..i can't believe my note3 after updating to 4.4.2...it's so awesome, battery life improved, cpu speed increased, speakers working fine.even my dstv drifta doesn't make d phone hot any more..e be like them introduce AC to this 'katkit' o...overall, it's awesome..i give it to Google and sammy for fixing this
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Abbey2sam(m): 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
Babalakin: ya.i watch it on a galaxy note3.most people are actually unaware of this . I've been rocking this since March. just go to adeyemo alakija around GRA Ikeja(DSTV office) to get it.i got it for #4000 as at then..After getting it, u will go to play store and download 'drifta for android', it's d software that enables it to work.

CAVEAT:subscription is #660 monthly.u get 13 channels including CNN, AFRICA MAGIC, CHANNEL O, NAT GEO WILD..et al

Pls how about my data....

again, I need to know if it's regional or not

thanks in anticipation
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Mention(m): 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
Olulinks:

If i have to be tech savvy to notice the difference between the two, then the difference i not huge!
Well, the phone manufacturers design their own phones to their taste and that's why if you hold two different phones of d same android version, there would be some differences... Since d time of 2.3.5 to 4.4.4, the only major noticeable difference btw all android upgrades is the way running applications are listed and the status bar..
Launchers, dialer, messengers have all been the product of the android phone makers and not the android os itself...
We have HTC Sense and some other UI's that would make your jaw drop!
Another thing that changes is the fluidity, battery life and ability to optimize ram space..
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Babalakin(m): 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
Abbey2sam:

Pls how about my data....

again, I need to know if it's regional or not

thanks in anticipation
u don't need data to watch it . Although it requires a small Internet authentication, after which u can off d data as soon as it connects.

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by UchihaItachi(m): 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
Babalakin:

Which sports channels do you get?
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Abbey2sam(m): 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
Babalakin: u don't need data to watch it . Although it requires a small Internet authentication, after which u can off d data as soon as it connects.

I'm currently in Adamawa state........i don't know if it can work there
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by huzzman: 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
@djandroid. u can reply me tru d other section....sorry for d inconvenency.will b waitn for response
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Babalakin(m): 10:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
Abbey2sam:

it won't work sire
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Babalakin(m): 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
UchihaItachi:

Which sports channels do you get?
super sports blitz, SS9 and super sports select
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Babalakin(m): 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
Abbey2sam:

no sire.it won't work
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by bimbor(m): 6:04am On Sep 14, 2014
Philadelphia:
Twill be marshmallow I guess .

Android 5.0 is rumoured to be codenamed Keylime Pie.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by bimbor(m): 6:14am On Sep 14, 2014
Babalakin: no sire.it won't work

Please list the supported states or cities the drifta covers at the moment.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by swisscarter(m): 7:31am On Sep 14, 2014
Babalakin: u don't need data to watch it . Although it requires a small Internet authentication, after which u can off d data as soon as it connects.
can it wrk on oda phones apart 4rm samsung?
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by awofe20(m): 7:56am On Sep 14, 2014
bimbor:

Android 5.0 is rumoured to be codenamed Keylime Pie.
Android L is coming
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Babalakin(m): 2:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
For now DSTV Mobile DVB-H coverage is
available in Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan, Asaba,
Onitsha, Kaduna, Enugu, Aba, Benin, and
Port Harcourt. Coverage will be available in
more locations in the future. Note that
coverage may not be everywhere within the
listed cities.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Babalakin(m): 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
bimbor:

Please list the supported states or cities the drifta covers at the moment.
For now DSTV Mobile DVB-H coverage is
listed cities.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Babalakin(m): 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
swisscarter: can it wrk on oda phones apart 4rm samsung?
ya.even on some high end tecno..check d list of supported devices through google
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Babalakin(m): 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
swisscarter: can it wrk on oda phones apart 4rm samsung?
ya.it works on almost all android and iphones, even on some high end tecno..check d list of supported devices through google
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Joe980: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hello...has anyone upgraded galaxy tab 3 to kit kat?
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Slowpois0n: 8:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
Babalakin: For now DSTV Mobile DVB-H coverage is
listed cities.
Used it on my MacBook sometimes around last year and it worked flawlessly without internet connection.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Babalakin(m): 9:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
Slowpois0n: Used it on my MacBook sometimes around last year and it worked flawlessly without internet connection.
yours is a normal drifta..i know the type.it works on laptops without Internet connection
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
@babalakin..did u use drifta in watchin d dstv on ur fone.or d DSTV was installed on ur fone..because i wanna watch DSTV on ma note3 vers n900
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Babalakin(m): 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
orlaryeenkarhh: @babalakin..did u use drifta in watchin d dstv on ur fone.or d DSTV was installed on ur fone..because i wanna watch DSTV on ma note3 vers n900
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Izzyizzie(m): 11:47am On Sep 16, 2014
meks007:

I'm using LG optimus g pro...n I can tell u it's a proper smartphone. I'm impressed with de screen size, de battery n de awesome notification light. ..yet to upgrade to kit kat though
Which of d G pros are u usin and hw much u got it.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Izzyizzie(m): 11:48am On Sep 16, 2014
sauceEEP: LG G2 is the best, the phone is sleek, the camera is awesome, the battery life is superb the only drawback is that it has no expendable memory. I will advice you to go for the 32gb version. If you are a gamer, it handles virtually all HD games with no lag.
Hw much u got ur G2?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari / How To Install Play Store In China Android Phones / Leagoo M9 official Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.