Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,007 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force (32239 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by leofab(f): 10:15am On Sep 14, 2014
TrollMan:

God Bless America...

In God we trust...

This is just an outcrop to remind you that America is a religious state and as such your argument is void.. AKA Baseless.

You have no point to prove your point.

I prefer to lavish my time in researching about why birds fly or why the grass is green to this..

then stop judging the Arabs. QED
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by leofab(f): 10:16am On Sep 14, 2014
TrollMan:

God Bless America...

In God we trust...

This is just an outcrop to remind you that America is a religious state and as such your argument is void.. AKA Baseless.

You have no point to prove your point.

I prefer to lavish my time in researching about why birds fly or why the grass is green to this..

then stop judging the Arabs. QED

Partisan Christians are hypocrites
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 14, 2014
leofab: then stop judging the Arabs. QED
Partisan Christians are hypocrites

I'm an Arabian.
So what next? undecided
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Truckpusher(m): 10:19am On Sep 14, 2014
MizMyColi: The worst set of "Christians" to encounter are the fundamentalist kind.

Why force a person to do something when you know that if roles were reversed, you'd rather die than do it.

Same goes for the Atheist boss who forbids employees from identifying with their God(s)

Whatever happened to CHOICE?!

Why won't we just give everyone grace, no matter where they're at in this journey of life.
Your last paragraph is the one million dollar question.
The globalists have an agenda forget all the brouhaha going on various quarters of the world over religion.
By the time they are done religion would be too down to raise a finger.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 14, 2014
dhammyg: THAT IS VERY WRONG.RELIGION IS A THING OF CHOICE.AND ONE OF THE BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS IS FREEDOM OF RELIGION.THEREFORE NO ONE HAS ANY RIGHTS TO FORCE U TO SERVE A GOD U DON'T BELIEVE INangry

HE CAN SUE THEMwink

Your last sentence is hilarious. grin grin
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 14, 2014
MissMeiya:

Lol you don't seem to mind. I'm glad. I can't stand church in Nigeria.

I almost fainted in a church in Lagos once. The incense was too much. And in a different church, I was sitting right next to the speaker and the pastor was literally shouting into the microphone. I thought my eardrums had burst. Very painful. Tiny crowded room too, so I couldn't leave. And he was picking lines from the Bible and misinterpreting them. To stress the importance of tithing. I'd never heard of tithing until I came to Nigeria, outside of European history class in high school.

But they're not all bad. It's just that everywhere you turn, you have it in your face. There's no escape. And if you complain....

"Hey! Are you an atheist?? ?"
Too bad. I wish Nigerians could become less gullible, and start questioning some of the poo they are being fed by those criminals.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 14, 2014
donpeey22: Too bad. I wish Nigerians could become less gullible, and start questioning some of the poo they are being fed by those criminals.

That gullibility is a direct result of mixing religion and state. When the people governing you have the nerve to tell you to pray for a solution.

4 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 14, 2014
For the sake of argument lets assume God in this context is referring to the Christain God.The last time I checked the US of A was fought for and built by Christain based on their belives. Am not a religious person but if you are going to live and work in a country built my Christains you might as well be ready to take some of shit. I am yet to see the atheist or we free thinkers pulling those "stunt" in Arab country. To be honest when it comes tolerance as I still cut Christians some slacks, though they could be a handfull a times.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by imcam: 10:26am On Sep 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

All these religious fanatics and christian bigots.

I am a Christian and Last time I checked, no where is it stated in the bible that we should bully those who don't share our faith.

With this your comment, no wonder boko haram is killing christians in the north and Allah is blessing them. undecided undecided

gud point bt boko haram also enforcing ppu to dia extremism cos dt dey do is not islam
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by ugoezeik(m): 10:26am On Sep 14, 2014
MizMyColi: The worst set of "Christians" to encounter are the fundamentalist kind.

Why force a person to do something when you know that if roles were reversed, you'd rather die than do it.

Same goes for the Atheist boss who forbids employees from identifying with their God(s)

Whatever happened to CHOICE?!

Why won't we just give everyone grace, no matter where they're at in this journey of life.
ur comment is as straight as cigarette stick. on d oda note, I seconded. After all, in dis raze called world, its after d raze we count miles

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 14, 2014
Well, it all depends. Obviously, Americans are always careful whenever they are dealing with sensitive issues. It's not really bad so to speak but I feel that there are other better ways to deal with this particular issue than going to court.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 14, 2014
Swiftboy: And your Atheism is not a religion right?

So they should make a new rule because you dont believe in God?
Read the article.
In the past, an airman could opt for an alternative phrase and omit the words "so help me God," but the US Air Force changed its policy in October 2013.
www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title10/html/USCODE-2011-title10-subtitleA-partII-chap31-sec502.htm
An ought to God is what will hold against you in the court of law,why boycot it cos 'you dont believe in God'? You atheists are more religious than I thought.lol
You don't have to swear an oath in a court of law.
http://atheism.about.com/od/ideasforatheistactivism/a/AffirmSwear.htm

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by kayalla(f): 10:38am On Sep 14, 2014
he can just say the word, maybe his belief will change.

and swearing to "so help me God" doesnt mean God is gonna come help me him, he can still do watever he wants to do, like in court, it doesnt mean u re going to tell the truth.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Swiftboy(m): 10:38am On Sep 14, 2014
MizMyColi:

He's not an Atheist
He's an Apatheist tongue
worst than I thought! I saw it did not believe it...to be an Atheist is believable.lol
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 14, 2014
MissMeiya:

That gullibility is a direct result of mixing religion and state. When the people governing you have the nerve to tell you to pray for a solution.
You are right. Not only do our leaders only pray for solutions to problems, they also waste so much money in sponsoring Muslims and Christians on pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia and Isreal respectively. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by logicboy01: 10:42am On Sep 14, 2014
Swiftboy: worst than I thought! I saw it did not believe it...to be an Atheist is believable.lol

Guy, take your ignorance and anti atheist bigotry elsewhere.

5 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by MizMyColi(f): 10:42am On Sep 14, 2014
Swiftboy: worst than I thought! I saw it did not believe it...to be an Atheist is believable.lol

What exactly makes him worst, his being a human being or an apatheist? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Swiftboy(m): 10:44am On Sep 14, 2014
Apatheist:

Read the article.
www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title10/html/USCODE-2011-title10-subtitleA-partII-chap31-sec502.htm

You don't have to swear an oath in a court of law.
http://atheism.about.com/od/ideasforatheistactivism/a/AffirmSwear.htm
I reason with you...what I said was the ought will be used against whoever swore it should he go against it. Taking a part of the ought away will leave the swearing in complete.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 14, 2014
quivah: Francis ... how u dey??

you still never change this your self praising attitude enh??..

pride my nigguh!

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by enomakos(m): 11:02am On Sep 14, 2014
[quote
author=FrancisTony]

I am a Christian and Last time I checked, no where is it stated in the
bible that we should bully those who don't share our faith.

With this your comment, no wonder boko haram is killing christians in
the north and Allah is blessing them. undecided undecided[/quote]

are you saying allah is blessing them for killing the innocent and unharmed?
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by okzcorp: 11:04am On Sep 14, 2014
donpeey22: My dear! I wish the religious bigots can listen to people like you. In fact, that I go to church today is not because I believe in the existence of any god, but because I understand the socioeconomic implication of not identifying with any of the two major religious groups in Nigeria. Call it hypocrisy or whatever, no problem. Until that time when Nigerians would begin to relate with people based on their personalities and not based on their religious adherence, I choose to remain a hypocrite. cheesy cheesy

Continue.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 14, 2014
Acidosis: I heard them saying 'Amelica' is developing because 'americans dont serve God
grin grin grin

Nairaland "atheistic brainy scientists" wont kill me grin grin grin

I'm guessing your God supports killing of people with all manner of firearms and bombs in the name of defense, right? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 14, 2014
Neldrizzy: For someone to believe that there's no God, that must be a spiritual hindrance on him b4 or after his birth.. Am still wondering why pple still doubt the existence of God!! Very pathetic!!

Which of the Gods? The one brought to you by the white masters who told you that the devil looks just like you (black), while God looks like them (white)? Or the Gods that my Asian friends serve?

Or is it just ok to believe in just any God? As far as there's a God belief?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by gatiano(m): 11:22am On Sep 14, 2014
xaxaxaxaxa america fear, to them, it is better to become their faction of christianity, than to go be a muslim.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Swiftboy(m): 11:23am On Sep 14, 2014
logicboy01:

Guy, take your ignorance and anti atheist bigotry elsewhere.
am not ignorant,neighter the names you called me...am just mocking the Atheism and Apatheist idea. grin
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Swiftboy(m): 11:25am On Sep 14, 2014
MizMyColi:

What exactly makes him worst, his being a human being or an apatheist? undecided
He's not the worst...the apatheist idea is what am finding hard to believe...dont judge me just yet.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by electropiz(m): 11:45am On Sep 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

I am a Christian and Last time I checked, no where is it stated in the bible that we should bully those who don't share our faith.

With this your comment, no wonder boko haram is killing christians in the north and Allah is blessing them. undecided undecided

and one they they will kill u too and God will bless dem for doing so... What has this to do with kill?
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by cococandy(f): 11:47am On Sep 14, 2014
No you don't get it.

No one is asking anyone to stop swearing by God. They are asking to be allowed to swear by an alternative phrase which suits them while those who believe in God can keep swearing by God.

Is that too hard to grab?
TrollMan:

Good, I like your choice of words.
Perfect blend without irritation.

But here comes the part you don't understand about this ish. Say It's a tradition to Americans to swear by God, that's what I know.

Now someone comes along and says No, you've got to change that, that's not possible for me to say it.

Okay so who's enforcing one's opinion here?

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

Are you that stupid ?
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Vikthor(m): 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
TrollMan: ... And lemme guess, You find that Offensive? undecided

...yes absolutely
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Neldrizzy(m): 12:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
masonkz:

Or is it just ok to believe in just any God? As far as there's a God belief?
if ur ignorance is refusing you to believe God existence, wah cn you say abt the wonders of nature! BtW hw did you came into this world? Mere coincidence i guess!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

RCCG Church Abuja Attacked, Looted And Burnt By Suspected Extremists (Photo) / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Yahoo Boys And Call Girls? / A Christian Group Feeds Muslim Beggars On Sallah Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.