Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force (32241 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
The thing about some of this christians on here, is that they commit biblical sin that will lead to eternal damnation but they are here judging atheist like heaven is already guaranteed for them when they are going same hell fire with atheist peeps. tongue

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by cold(m): 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
swezenberg:

So tell me what you think is responsible for all these.
Ok your god is responsible. Hope you happy now?

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Sweetlemon(f): 6:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
Let's look at it this way; America is a religious country. In fact they believe they owe all what they are worth to God (And I strongly believe this is one of the main reasons why America has remained world number one power for so long despite all the attacks and attempts to change this)
Yet they know where to draw the line between being religious and being fanatic. They know when religion should come in and when it shouldn't. That to me, is worth emulating.

The military is a sensitive part of any government. The strength of a county's military determines the overall strength of that country. They are wise enough to know that only God gives absolute victory, hence forcing their soldiers to acknowledge this power. Nothing wrong there at all.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by rhymz(m): 6:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
swezenberg:

You need to go and read more about past American leaders. Their formost presidents and how they gave so much to prayers before going to wars. You think so help me God and those phrases just came into their anthem yesterday. Or you think America's friendship with Israel started yesterday. As for Nigeria, you may not understand the happenings already expected of such nations who have given in to shedding of innocent blood in the name of politics and money. So the Nigeria you knew 30 years ago is the Nigeria you have now. Even if you don't believe in God the signs are there and no other book had so much predicted the happening at these times like the Holy Bible.
Jeez!!! what an ignorant MOFO! No intelligent commentator should take this kid seriously, he obviously doesn't know and does not know he does not know, why argue with such a simpleton, abeg make una leave to get drunk with his ignorance......what a MALADY.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by rhymz(m): 6:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
Sweetlemon: Let's look at it this way; America is a religious country. In fact they believe they owe all what they are worth to God (And I strongly believe this is one of the main reasons why America has remained world number one power for so long despite all the attacks and attempts to change this)
Yet they know where to draw the line between being religious and being fanatic. They know when religion should come in and when it shouldn't. That to me, is worth emulating.

The military is a sensitive part of any government. The strength of a county's military determines the overall strength of that country. They are wise enough to know that only God gives absolute victory, hence forcing their soldiers to acknowledge this power. Nothing wrong there at all.
Nothing wrong because it is a religion you believe in. Hope you will say the same if you are asked to plead allegiance to spaghetti monster, God of the otula people. It all boils down yo choice and accommodating other people's differing beliefs, they don't have to align with yours before you see them as worthy of respect and tolerance.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by swezenberg(m): 7:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
rhymz: Jeez!!! what an ignorant MOFO! No intelligent commentator should take this kid seriously, he obviously doesn't know and does not know he does not know, why argue with such a simpleton, abeg make una leave to get drunk with his ignorance......what a MALADY.

When you don't have anything to say or empty up there you start insulting people.

America wasn’t founded as a Christian nation and many of our beloved Forefathers sadly were not, yet America was largely comprised of Believers. Liberty allows us to worship freely or not at all per conscience. America was never meant to be theocratic or homogenous religiously, but Christianity has always been indelible to our social fabric.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/billflax/2012/09/25/was-america-founded-as-a-christian-nation/

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by swezenberg(m): 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
cold:
Ok your god is responsible. Hope you happy now?

That means you don't even have a clue to what is responsible.

You are like this. Someone came up and said gravity makes bodies fall to the ground when they are thrown up then you come to say it is a lie. Then they ask you what is your proof then you say you have no proof.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Sweetlemon(f): 7:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
rhymz: Nothing wrong because it is a religion you believe in. Hope you will say the same if you are asked to plead allegiance to spaghetti monster, God of the otula people. It all boils down yo choice and accommodating other people's differing beliefs, they don't have to align with yours before you see them as worthy of respect and tolerance.

Well..... If spaghetti monster grants victory, no problem!

Americans are just acknowledging their source. That's all.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by dealslip(f): 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
the last time I checked, God is not affiliated to any religion. Stop claiming God, if you can not do what He tells you to do. He does not change, so he cannot be coloured by any religion.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by cold(m): 7:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
swezenberg:

That means you don't even gave a clue to what is responsible.

You are like this. Someone came up and said gravity makes bodies fall to the ground when they are thrown up then you come to say it is a lie. Then they ask you what is your proof then you say you have no proof.
Again,let us give your sky daddy all the glory for all these happenings. He is indeed an awesome god

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by swezenberg(m): 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
logicboy01:

The orignial american dollar bills didnt have "In God we trust". It was later put there

Funny how ignorant many christians are.

Please, go and read about freedom from religion in the US constitution. Dont be ignorant

Now that it has been put there then he should stop spending it.

Boko haram hates western education yet they use Armoured personal carriers and western weapons. Is he not sounding like them.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by swezenberg(m): 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
cold:
Again,let us give your sky daddy all the glory for all these happenings. He is indeed an awesome god

I am not here to argue for my God or speak for Him. I am also not the type that force him down people's throat. It is a choice you are free to believe what you like or not to believe it. If a nation adopts a system of practise like America has adopted democracy and the majority are christian and now choose to have God in their currency then he should leave because he's minority. If Saudi Arabia's law is based on tenets of Islam and they say a woman must use the hijjab then if you are not comfortable as a woman leave or don't go there.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by musicwriter(m): 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
Sweetlemon: Let's look at it this way; America is a religious country. In fact they believe they owe all what they are worth to God (And I strongly believe this is one of the main reasons why America has remained world number one power for so long despite all the attacks and attempts to change this)

Do you call it "forcing"?.

Please note that nobody is being forced here. The rule whether constitutional or conventional states that everybody must say "so help me God". Whoever doesn't do this is not obeying the rules. To me this's a question of having the soldier obey the rules.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Missy89(f): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2014
swezenberg:

Dear Missy. Why did you say shame on USAF. It has always been there no one military man can come and change it.

It is just like a Nigerian Soldier saying he will never say 'so help me God' Then let him find a country who does not believe in such to pay his allegiance.

You are very wrong.
It wasn't compulsory before so why are they making it compulsory now?
Religion needs to stay out of the Military.

USAF is always known for being the most professional and the most decent wing in the DOD. shame on them for trying to ruin this institution

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
okzcorp:

I knew you will be running to use Bill to corroborte ya case, but trust me to disappoint you. Bill is a Deist. He is aware of God's existence.
I need a stronger case.

Lol.

How about Mark Zuckerberg or even the owner of Nairaland?

I find it stup.id that I'm replying you on this. If you really think believing in a God is linked with being successful...then explain the poverty ravaging many parts of the most religious places in the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
zicky: . You just expose your foolishness, were your fore-fathers not worshiping a god before the white came to African, was the god black or white ?

I'm sure our forefathers' idea of a God was black, especially since I haven't heard of them bowing down to a white idol in the past.

Obviously that was before your white masters came to remove that and replaced it with another idol of Mary and others. just saying

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by logicboy01: 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2014

Im.becilic post

1) America is not number one on many issues eg health, education, development, economy

2)America is one of worst countries in the West when it comes to religious freedom

3) Ask any American that can tell you of their "victory" in Vietnam and Afghanistan
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by logicboy01: 8:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
musicwriter:

Please note that nobody is being forced here. The rule whether constitutional or conventional states that everybody must say "so help me God". Whoever doesn't do this is not obeying the rules. To me this's a question of having the soldier obey the rules.

Does this one know what a constitution is?

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by logicboy01: 8:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
swezenberg:

Now that it has been put there then he should stop spending it.

Boko haram hates western education yet they use Armoured personal carriers and western weapons. Is he not sounding like them.

I tried to bring you out of your sheer ignorance but it seems that you enjoy your filth
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
Watching Nigerians insist on points of American history is... strange.

They teach us US history from the time we enter primary school. I even took Advanced Placement US Government & Politics and AP US History in high school, but I am learning new things on this thread. *popcorn*

Disclaimer: the last part was sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by logicboy01: 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2014
MissMeiya: Watching Nigerians insist on points of American history is... strange.

They teach us US history from the time we enter primary school. I even took Advanced Placement US Government & Politics and AP US History in high school, but I am learning new things on this thread. *popcorn*

undecided

You must really feel special to live in the USA cry
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
logicboy01:

undecided

You seem to have missed the point.

Let me break it down for you:

"Watching Australians insist on points of Russian history is... strange."

Is the analogy making sense to you now? Don't let your bitterness blind you next time.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by logicboy01: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
MissMeiya:

You seem to have missed the point.

Let me break it down for you:

"Watching Australians insist on points of Russian history is... strange."

Is the analogy making sense to you now? Don't let your bitterness blind you next time.

And you missed mine.

Because you live in America, you cant understand that the USA is a Global stage. Every country in the world watches American politics because it affects most other countries.....we have many global businesses tied to the price of a dollar.

So, it is not surprising that Nigerians or Ghanaians or Aurstralians insist on points of American hstory/politics
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Sweetlemon(f): 8:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
musicwriter:

Ok. "forcing" is not the right word.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Sweetlemon(f): 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
logicboy01:

Im.becilic post

1) America is not number one on many issues eg health, education, development, economy

2)America is one of worst countries in the West when it comes to religious freedom

3) Ask any American that can tell you of their "victory" in Vietnam and Afghanistan

Yeah right!

That's why most people want an American passport?
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
logicboy01:

And you missed mine.

Because you live in America, you cant understand that the USA is a Global stage. Every country in the world watches American politics because it affects most other countries.....we have many global businesses tied to the price of a dollar.

So, it is not surprising that Nigerians or Ghanaians or Aurstralians insist on points of American hstory/politics

That was your point?

logicboy01:
undecided

Are you sure?

Does what you just wrote change the fact that it is a strange thing to witness, especially when most of what I'm reading is wrong? No, it doesn't.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by logicboy01: 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Yeah right!

That's why most people want an American passport?

Do most British want an American passport?

What about most Germans?

Stop thinking everyone reasons like Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by logicboy01: 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
MissMeiya:

That was your point?

Are you sure?

Ehem........clears throat......errrrr grin
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by fairari022(m): 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
Apatheist:
I'd ignore you, but I couldn't resist:
The USA is NOT a Christian nation but a secular one.

The Constitution of the United States was adopted on September 17, 1787 and went into effect on March 4, 1789. There is no mention of god in the Constitution. In fact, the first amendment states that “Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances”.

From the founding fathers:
“In 1775, he ordered that his troops not show anti-Catholic sentiments by burning the pope in effigy on Guy Fawkes
Night. When hiring workmen for Mount Vernon, he wrote to his agent, “If they be good workmen, they may be from Asia, Africa, or Europe; they may be Mohammedans [Muslims], Jews, or Christians of any sect, or they may be Atheists.“
John Adams —Christian, Deist

“Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should “make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,” thus building a wall of separation between church and State”
--Thomas Jefferson

“The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg”
--Thomas Jefferson

“If anything pass in a religious meeting seditiously and contrary to the public peace, let it be punished in the same manner and no otherwise as it had happened in a fair or market”
James Madison–

"The civil Government, though bereft of everything like an associated hierarchy, possesses the requisite stability, and performs its functions with complete success, whilst the number, the industry, and the morality of the priesthood, and the devotion of the people, have been manifestly increased by the total separation of the church from the State (Letter to
Robert Walsh, Mar. 2, 1819).

Strongly guarded as is the separation between religion and & Gov’t in the Constitution of the United States the danger of encroachment by Ecclesiastical Bodies, may be illustrated by precedents already furnished in their short history (Detached
Memoranda, circa 1820).

"Every new and successful example, therefore, of a perfect separation between the ecclesiastical and civil matters, is of importance; and I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in showing that religion and Government will both exist in greater purity the less they are mixed together (Letter to Edward Livingston, July 10,
1822).
--Benjamin Franklin.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by okzcorp: 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
masonkz:

Lol.

How about Mark Zuckerberg or even the owner of Nairaland?

I find it stup.id that I'm replying you on this. If you really think believing in a God is linked with being successful...then explain the poverty ravaging many parts of the most religious places in the world.

They lack FAITH, you know. Leave wayward Mark, he could be richer if he knew God. grin
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by logicboy01: 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
fairari022: sir, with due respect, the US constitution does not in all ways apply to those under the uniform code. when you swear the oath of allegiance, in the end you must say "help me God" . i have done this before and it has no restriction to anybody. athought, after then you can choose whether or not to practice any religion.

to give you an example. you see the recent negotiation with the US and the Taliban with regards to sergeant bowe bergdahl release from captivity. on a normal ground the US does not negotiate with the terrorist, but the "6th line of the soldier creed" says "I'll never leave a fallen comrade". if it were to be a regular citizen like james foley and Steven sotloff who were beheaded, the US govt would have shut all doors of negotiations.

another example,

the regular citizen can join in a peacful protest, but it's forbidden under the uniform code of the US military.

It's not just all about the constitution, sir.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Nothing circumvents the constitution and the supreme courts. Nothing.

So please, sharrap
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by fairari022(m): 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
Peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

RCCG Church Abuja Attacked, Looted And Burnt By Suspected Extremists (Photo) / A Christian Group Feeds Muslim Beggars On Sallah Day (Photos) / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Yahoo Boys And Call Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.