Stats: 3,167,358 members, 7,868,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

“jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” (23096 Views)

Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / Biafra Protest In Port Harcourt, Owerri, Aba, Enugu and the issue of food supply / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday (2) (3) (4)

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
Lurcky:
I didnt want to comment but HOW DARE YOU insult DEAR NIGERIA for your info Nigeria is not filthy, it is the best black nation in the world, one of the fastest growing economy in africa, the current african champions in soccer, rich in minerals and agriculture and nice people to top it all.
so if u live here wit ur ancestors and u insult it U RE D PIG
GOD BLESS 9JA

I didn't carry water in my mouth to say it
Read it again
I meant every word of it

Nigerian is a filthy smelly country ruled by crooks and criminals and the rulers are just like the ruled
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by ENDTIMES: 9:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
Babymama1:

Ikpu nne gi

couldn't share this cry
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
What is going on in that country? angry lipsrsealed
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by adultiph: 9:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
Omo,anambra rural roads make sense.Peter obi really showed love to anambra people.I just pray that God will give imo people some one like him.Do you know that imo with high number of gradute can not boost of one standard company while companies are springing up everywhere in anambra.Only will deliver us.another useless person is delta state governor.tommorow abagworo and bewerem akwa uwa will come here and start praising him
quote author=obayaya]adultiph

Omo.. the rural road network in anambra dey sweet die. If you enter eastern mass from awka to nnewi, the first person that enters the bus will choose the route. Because whatever route you may choose, the roads are so sound.

If let's say a passenger is going to Nimo. .He'll choose the route that passes through Nimo.

A drive through the rural areas will reveal the extent of peter Obi's achievement in Anambra. [/quote

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
Abagworo: All the major federal roads in the Southeast are like this with only Onitsha/Owerri road done mostly by other administrations as the good one.
in as much as i agree that most federal roads in south east are in bad shape, Enugu part of those federal roads are relatively in good shape.

I ply those roads often, in one of my travels i had to take the pictures below, those are pictures showing enugu part of enugu-ph express way. I took the pictures 'cause i keep wondering why Enugu part of the roads are good but once you get to another state, they become very terrible. It may have to do with level of sincerity and commitment of contractors or state government. I, personally, believe most of the contractors involved are too dubious. Or the federal government is not serious with south east.

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by vanndubi: 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
amadice: ....perphaps no construction company will like to construct any road during raining season cos it's waste of resources. Common sense should tell u dat rain falls most every day here in imo...

We learnt as little kids that road construction is not done during the raining season. But I grew up to become a civil engr and have come to know that there aspects of road works that can be done "even in the rain"

I'm yet to recover from what that umuapu section of the road did to me in july
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Goddex: [size=13pt] 1) Tell Okorocha to play his cards well. He should lobby like other governors do. He knows the way to the Minister of works and the National Assembly

2) The man needs to keep his polluted asss in Owerri and govern Imo. But nooo, he enjoys hosting APC rallies or attending APC meetings in other states.

Of what use was that birthday celeberation he organised recently for the national chairman of APC to Imolites?

3) By the way, has he finished constructing states roads in Imo?

3) GEJ completed the Onitsha - Owerri road and that road remains among the best in Nigeria today.

4) Many other roads have either been completed or being worked on in South East. I passed through the several kms Enugu - Abakaliki - Cameroon international expressway recently and it was such a wonder to behold.

5) Nigeria is a very large country with so many interstate highways requiring attention. A chunk of the resources that should be put on developing our infrastructure is spent fighting Boko Haram. Federal Ministry of Works budget for 2014 was a paltry 135b naira.

7) Those roads you mentioned will definitely be taken care of in future budgeting. Keep calm and trust GEJ.[/size]
u ar a sick twerp...believe me..ur stupidity alone is undisputable... tell me hw all d stupid points u HV made justifies d madness u HV seen in DAT picture n d lives it has distorted n potential danger it portends since six years ur Jonathan has been in office...u Jonathan sympathizer n apologist....maybe u have been paid 2 do dis job.. 2 appear on media forums all ova d internet n defend ur Jonathan n d useless party PDP u represent.... but I assure u, it makes u look more stupid n shameless than u can Eva imagine cus likes lyk u can sell dier soul for paltry sum or for disgusting favours... y do u bring such curse for urself in d name of support n slaughter d truth ,in d glaring eyez of facts, ryt at d alter of wicked negligence.....yet u open ur anus lookin mouth to spew pooh abt a guts rooted yet concerned governor who is a million times put togeda beta Dan ur president... u should go check ur self .. u ar lost in deep shit... but u can be revived, change ur ways.... from all natural n most certified indications Jonathan wld Neva cum back to power cum 2015 cus he has no business being there.. whether by hook, by crook, line or sinker..no part of a greater population or d entire country wld let DAT happen,people ar tired n ar mindless of havin him back..

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Chillypelly(m): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
berem: you're very stewpid! You and your entire family that needs redemption. If you cannot voice out and demand what's rightfully yours,then you are indeed a lost soul. Jonathan has brainwashed fools like you to the extent you can't differentiate right from wrong.

Ewu!!

If I may take you aback a little, I have to ask you how it feels growing up as a child. I just felt some nostalgia remembering that your family members envisaged a better person than what we have today. Now if I bring the hand of the clock forward, I equally believe your children expect better than what you post today. Now I feel it's safe to say we lost you together with our poo flushing down the toilet. Please accept my condolence.

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by myola777(m): 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
HaHahaha! My God! see what Igbo people are passing through. Suffering and smiling. No wonder they keep trooping in to south west in multitude.

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by grinhans(m): 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
we in the south East are really suffering. owerri - port Harcourt na die. calabar - itu highway na dead. Aba - ikot ekpene na RIP. GOD help us
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by addictiv(m): 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
Collynzo17:
What exactly are they supposed to work with? Imo state allocation is hardly enough for state projects let alone Federal ones. Even Amaechi of Rivers still complains that he hasn't been refunded the money used in constructing the Rivers part of the road, how will Okorocha be ecncouraged to do his assuming the money is even available.
I ask again what is the FG supposed to do with almost 70% of Nigeria's revenue it keeps for itself if states should be repairing FG roads.
You seem desperate to blame the state government for an FG problem.
Very sad.
It is the responsibility of the SG to protect the interests of those living in the state and provide good infrastructure for its people. In situations where the FG has failed to respond quickly the SG is obligated to step in and provide remedy and support rather than waiting endlessly for the FG to respond. I it is well known that one of the reasons RVSG has not been refunded is because of the rift between the Gov and the Presidency. besides during the construction of that road RVSG lost over 70 oil wells to Akwa Ibom and yet that did not stop its completion. I am an advocate of state governments developing their state and promoting its economy by establishing industries. Is the IMSG doing that? they have ISOPDEC, what impact are they making to ensure that embarrassments like these are nipped in the bud. Even the road Okoroacha did which leads to the airport is dualized until you get to the airport junciton. Immediatley you cross its single lane onwards. Is that not a caricature the SG is making of itself. IMSG has always lived on hand to mouth principles and their case is likened to a woman who is a full time house wife while her husband works and gives her allocation, what happens if the man gets incapacitated? Even Anambra,has better roads than Imo does, same with Enugu do they also boast of higher allocation from the FG? or is that a testament to the presence of a healthy economy maintained by these states. If the FG has failed , should the SG who bears the direct brunt of such negligence also sit back and fold arms? i ask again
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by obayaya(m): 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
enigmaotr:
Rivers State has completed its own part of the Road. Remember, this road was even listed as part of the achievements of this regime on this site sometimes last week as nearing completion. I smell politics here. Our president plays politics of bitterness.
Which ever way you want to look at it, money is the problem. Contractors wont abandon their work when you do the right thing.

Amaechi fast tracked the rivers state portion. In fact he took over the construction. the FG reimbursed him ((Don't know if they have though)
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by zicky(m): 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
Abeg is T.A Orji also on the opposition, why are all the federal roads in Abia State bad

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
zicky: Abeg is T.A Orji also on the opposition, why are all the federal roads in Abia State bad
while Rochas Okorocha is calling on the FG to fix federal roads, T.A Orji is busy frolicking Jonathan's balls. You see the kind of leaders we have in the southeast?
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Chillypelly(m): 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
addictiv:
It is the responsibility of the SG to protect the interests of those living in the state and provide good infrastructure for its people. In situations where the FG has failed to respond quickly the SG is obligated to step in and provide remedy and support rather than waiting endlessly for the FG to respond. I it is well known that one of the reasons RVSG has not been refunded is because of the rift between the Gov and the Presidency. besides during the construction of that road RVSG lost over 70 oil wells to Akwa Ibom and yet that did not stop its completion. I am an advocate of state governments developing their state and promoting its economy by establishing industries. Is the IMSG doing that? they have ISOPDEC, what impact are they making to ensure that embarrassments like these are nipped in the bud. Even the road Okoroacha did which leads to the airport is dualized until you get to the airport junciton. Immediatley you cross its single lane onwards. Is that not a caricature the SG is making of itself. IMSG has always lived on hand to mouth principles and their case is likened to a woman who is a full time house wife while her husband works and gives her allocation, what happens if the man gets incapacitated? Even Anambra has better roads than Imo does, does It also boast of higher allocation from the FG?

You spoke well brother but point of correction the airport road is a federal ministry of works project. Infact I was in the team of inspectors that visited the road 2 months ago. For clarity sake, the purported road pavement is the first phase of the dualization of the owerri /aba road which will have the remaining part of the road awarded by first quarter of next year.

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
obayaya:

Amaechi fast tracked the rivers state portion. In fact he took over the construction. the FG reimbursed him ((Don't know if they have though)
They haven't and I don't think they'll reimburse him till his tenure runs out! I don't even know why we should be having Federal and State roads. All the federal roads leading to my state are in terrible situations and the State Government wouldn't spend parts of its allocation to reconstruct the roads! I think all Federal roads should be ceded to the respective states immediately and the revenue formula for the states should be reviewed upward! FG shouldn't be concerned about things like road constructions. They should just set the standards.
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Collynzo17: 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
addictiv:
It is the responsibility of the SG to protect the interests of those living in the state and provide good infrastructure for its people. In situations where the FG has failed to respond quickly the SG is obligated to step in and provide remedy and support rather than waiting endlessly for the FG to respond. I it is well known that one of the reasons RVSG has not been refunded is because of the rift between the Gov and the Presidency. besides during the construction of that road RVSG lost over 70 oil wells to Akwa Ibom and yet that did not stop its completion. I am an advocate of state governments developing their state and promoting its economy by establishing industries. Is the IMSG doing that? they have ISOPDEC, what impact are they making to ensure that embarrassments like these are nipped in the bud. Even the road Okoroacha did which leads to the airport is dualized until you get to the airport junciton. Immediatley you cross its single lane onwards. Is that not a caricature the SG is making of itself. IMSG has always lived on hand to mouth principles and their case is likened to a woman who is a full time house wife while her husband works and gives her allocation, what happens if the man gets incapacitated? Even Anambra has better roads than Imo does, does It also boast of higher allocation from the FG?
It is simple no need for long epistles, this is an FG road and the FG is totally to blame for the state of the road, that is where the focus should be. The failure or success of Okorocha as Imo governor can be discussed on a more suitable thread. I still ask what is the FG supposed to do with the huge revenue it keeps for itself (52% just confirmed it) if the states are to be repairing Federal roads with their relatively little allocations, you haven't answered that question, it reeks of sycophancy.
What is wrong with you Jonathan asslickers?
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Collynzo17: 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
enigmaotr:
They haven't and I don't think they'll reimburse him till his tenure runs out! I don't even know why should be having Federal and State roads. All the federal roads leading to my state are in terrible situations and the State Government wouldn't spare parts of its allocation to reconstruct the roads! I think all Federal roads should be ceded immediately
Yeah they should be ceded to the states together with the money the FG keeps for maintenace and repair of those roads. Instead of the FG keeping 52% of revenue, it should keep just 40% and share the remaining 60% among the states, then the states can completely take over all roads in their territories.
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Collynzo17:
Yeah they should be ceded to the states together with the money the FG keeps for maintenace and repair of those roads. Instead of the FG keeping 52% of revenue, it should keep just 40% and share the remaining 60% among the states, then the states can completely take over all roads in their territories.
Agreed. I modified my post to that effect.
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by kel4soft: 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
meforyou1: and the good part of the road that starts from "welcome to rivers state" is a state road?

Is a FG road constructed by the state govt and.has not been refunded.
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by customised13: 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
Igbo land is cursed. No doubt about that

what a shame

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by obayaya(m): 10:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
enigmaotr:
They haven't and I don't think they'll reimburse him till his tenure runs out! I don't even know why we should be having Federal and State roads. All the federal roads leading to my state are in terrible situations and the State Government wouldn't spend parts of its allocation to reconstruct the roads! I think all Federal roads should be ceded to the respective states immediately and the revenue formula for the states should be reviewed upward! FG shouldn't be concerned about things like road constructions. They should just set the standards.

I think there's still need for federal roads. You can't leave states to handle interstate roads. The thought of that alone is somewhat scary.

Which state are you from?
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Ekans: 10:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
Iykopee: From ubima via elele to boundary point between rivers and imo state was constructed by rivers state govt. why's rochas not doin anytin in his power to fix up imo part of the road just like amaechi?
.Governor Amechi has not gotten a dime back for fixing that road till date, why will Rochas do same when GEJ will take the credit and not pay for what falls under his jurisdiction?
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by MabraO: 11:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
Cos this thread is not praising Jonathan u won't find it on FP

Something of almost importance Seun nd d mods will turn a blind eye to it

Abeg make una move to FP for all eyes to see

Dat pix with a chopped arm should be worked on not everybody go like see am
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
Babymama1: Jehovah!
Nigeria is filthy
A nation of pigs

With all due respect, U ARE A COMPLETE COMPLEX COMPOUND FOOL.

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
JUST ONE QUESTION. ..WHY IS ROCHAS SO SCARED OF EMEKA IHEDIOHA
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Abagworo(m): 11:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
And who says its not good to talk.

FG asks contractors to expedite action on N21bn Owerri-Elele road project

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/fg-asks-contractors-expedite-action-n21bn-owerri-elele-road-project/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

ABUJA — The Federal Government has asked the contractor handling the N21.4 billion dualisation of Owerri-Elele road to speed up work on the project in order to deliver the 35.7-kilometre road to the people on time.
The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Dr. Stephen Oru, who gave the charge  in Owerri, the Imo State capital, during the inspection of the project, being executed by the ministry in Imo and Rivers states, said the road was vital to communities in the state and the Niger Delta in general.
The contract, which had reached 57 per cent completion, was awarded in 2010 with an initial completion period of 24 months.
He emphasised that the project he inspected were part of the transformation agenda of President Goodluck  Jonathan.
Dr. Oru assured the contractors of steady funding as the Federal Government “is determined to complete and deliver the road within the next few months for the benefit of Nigerians plying the route.”
The Minister was conducted round the premises of the company executing the project by the General Manager, Mr. Muhammed El-Edaros, who showed them construction materials stockpiled by the company for use on the project once the rainy season ceases in the next few weeks.
Meanwhile, the Minister and the Minister of State have expressed dissatisfaction with the pace of construction at the Elele Skills Acquisition Centre in Rivers State, where no contractor was active on the site during the inspection visit.
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Chillypelly(m): 11:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
BADNEAT: JUST ONE QUESTION. ..WHY IS ROCHAS SO SCARED OF EMEKA IHEDIOHA

May your days be long.
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by makazona(m): 12:27am On Sep 12, 2014
Rochas said all that to cut his pound of flesh from Dep Speaker Hon.Ihedioha and Sen Chris Anyanwu who are jostling to take his seat as the Governor come 2015.rmba Rochas was tongue lashed recently by Hon. Ihedioha at mbaise over non performance.so thats why he said “The most annoying aspect of the whole story is that there are Imo
sons and daughters in Abuja who claim to be very close to the
Presidency or to the Federal Government and even those who claim
to be power-brokers at the National Assembly, and they could not
influence anything with regard to the disturbing condition of the road
under reference. And they pass through the road very often and none
of them could muster the courage to talk about it.”

All i know is that the road did not just get bad.it has been so for 2/3 years.so why the sudden yelling??

#allbcozof2015

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 1:19am On Sep 12, 2014
Babymama1:

I didn't carry water in my mouth to say it
Read it again
I meant every word of it

Nigerian is a filthy smelly country ruled by crooks and criminals and the rulers are just like the ruled
Okorocha is not a crook grin
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by anonimi: 2:45am On Sep 12, 2014
How many Owerri township roads are not deplorable?
How many state roads (linking LGAs) under the responsibility of Okorocha are not deplorable?

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by chukel(m): 3:44am On Sep 12, 2014
This road is really getting worse. I'm more disappointed in my people than in FG. They have decided to be fools gallivanting in self deceit. How can we have such road under this dispensation nd still want to vote this man again. The pinnacle of stupidity. I dread going home because of dat road. I went home 2 months ago and d pics below were the much I could snap as at then. Let us take this further than this. Please anyone using this road again should please make a nice video clip of how horrible this road is so that we can send it to channels TV to air it throughout nigeria. Also, can people get video clips of the umulolo- arondizuogu- uga federal road too. Abagworo, I assign u this work. Enough of complaints. Time to act. If he won't give us good roads we deserve, we take it by force. Devils

Worshipers Interrupt Imam’s Prayers For Saraki In Ilorin - Sahara Reporters / Anambra: Massive Roads Construction Kicks Off Soon / Buhari Meets Kaduna Traditional Rulers, Religious Leaders (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82