Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? - Romance (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? (47813 Views)

He Fought On His Wedding Day / He Dumped Me Because I Fought Over Him (To Keep Him) / Your Girlfriend's Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 13, 2014
GoodFaith:
This is how we man start trouble
Our sister , GF, wife and mother has a different place in our life
The front seat of a car is for a wife or girlfriend

So if it was his mother that was sitting in the front seat, she would have asked her to stand up!.
girl bad thing na bad thing. make the girl no let them do family meeting for her head o!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by marvie234: 9:10am On Sep 13, 2014
donroxy: Guys have always be like this since time immemorial , it is you wannabe and I gaz to belong dude that has gone crazy with 21st century .... Century of Divorce and Disrespect even among men of God !!

I wasn't dating her because she's mere but she will turned ''mere'' immediately her IQ is so low to fight over front seat of a car ... Imagine, my sis was even already seated only for a GF to ask her to stand Up ..... Dafucq is that !!!

So, what will she do, kill my sister, if that one should change the direction of my TV,Fridge , cotton,Kitchen ?

The above mentioned are issues that worth fighting for and not mere seat of a car !! .....

I can't take such sh:it from my GF .... Asking my sister to stand Up from the seat of my car because she think that is her rightful place ? Haaaa , what will she do to my mom and dad ?

Verily such a girl will be complaining her inlaws are wicked but is she homie ........ She won't even allow my blood who has seen me for a while to just feel me for sometime !!

Dude, if you marry such a girl, I promise you , such marriage doesn't last unless she repent and regret her action !

1st of all, am nt a dude....am a lady.
2ndly, she was wrong to tell ur sis 2 stand up for her. U would have done it. U would have told ur sis dat ure picking up ur gf n she has 2 go to the back seat.
Bt meanwhile any reasonable sister would do dat even without being told. Even if d gf is 12 yrs old, she should do dat. Dat shows she respects n accepts ur gf n dat also shows she respects u. Have u asked urself 'wat if I end up marrying dat gal, is dat hw ma sis is gonna treat her?' it always starts from somewhere.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by optimism91(m): 9:21am On Sep 13, 2014
streetzdreamz: this best explains d scenario,no sane lady will dare look up to ur folks if u accord em enough respect,i guess d man simply stared on n let d ladies cause a ruckus,he obviously cudnt make a decision,d gf was wrong,telling d occupant of d seat to alight for her s outrightly rude,a sane being wud simply take d back seat n she's even threatening a break up o'er her own imaturity,d op really is a sight to behold!!who fights on Seats dis days anyways? Kids i presume,u'd hardly see a teenager fighting o'er d front seat or back seat,immatured adults!!!
All correct!
I just hope he is not the type women take advange of.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Chigold101(m): 10:55am On Sep 13, 2014
MadCow1:

Indeed the Girlfriend is wrong!! She didnt need to go fighting over a seat since the Sister wouldnt give her space to be next to her boyfriend..

I was just coming from a general rule of thumb..
well if she is “just“ a female friend no problem but if other things are involved. Then may be she is trying to claim her portion of the land. Or passing a massege or making a statement.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by streetzdreamz(m): 11:03am On Sep 13, 2014
optimism91:
All correct!
I just hope he is not the type women take advange of.
gbam!!! Nfn more to say.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 13, 2014
marvie234:

1st of all, am nt a dude....am a lady.
2ndly, she was wrong to tell ur sis 2 stand up for her. U would have done it. U would have told ur sis dat ure picking up ur gf n she has 2 go to the back seat.
Bt meanwhile any reasonable sister would do dat even without being told. Even if d gf is 12 yrs old, she should do dat. Dat shows she respects n accepts ur gf n dat also shows she respects u. Have u asked urself 'wat if I end up marrying dat gal, is dat hw ma sis is gonna treat her?' it always starts from somewhere.

Treat her? Personally I do not get it but I have now come to realise that people who use lavatories and those who use "latrines", those who say "Swing" and those who say "janglova" have a completely different perspective on life and so one must respect diversity.
The former group DO NOT see any seat as having any significance but obviously now I am learning that there appears to be a large group who do. My guess is it is related to how many generations of the said family have ridden in cars ,I know this may sound snobbish but it is the reality
This sort of squabbling is more likely in families where they are the 1st or 2nd generation to ride in cars of their own.
Women should not be forward in African culture. This sort of behaviour would be unacceptable from any wife also in a Muslim or Christian tradition too. There is no justification for asking her boyfriend's sister to get up for her to sit. If she is a thinking person she would know that that is making an enemy for life not only of the girl but others also potentially. A man does not need a woman who is provocative and troublesome. A woman who lacks self restraint and was prepared to do this in front of her man. It does not matter that it i his sister that she is prepared to cause a scene in front of her man is very disrespectful of him and shows poor home training. Someone who acts without thinking or is willing to "damn the consequences". I cannot say I would end the relationship because of this alone but it would bring me very close to this.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 13, 2014
cooljoe: I truly wish I had the strength to type and reply. Bu since I don't, al I can say is gudluck

If it is complicated and confusing and difficult to type then you know the tin get k leg
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by cooljoe(m): 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2014
voltron:

If it is complicated and confusing and difficult to type then you know the tin get k leg
bros ts neither complicated nor confusing. I just decided to comment my reserve
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Onyiclara(f): 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
Pretyangel25: your sis is the right person to sit in the front after all she's just your gf not your wife
That shldnt be d reason. It shld be cos she was there 1st. Whoever is there 1st shld be d one to maintain d seat evn if d person is younger or not related. That's what I think
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Theblessed(f): 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2014
[size=16pt]The front seat belongs to your girlfriend and she should seat on it.

Your sister should know better.

Your girlfriend is the one that meet all your emotional needs and where does that leave your sister?

She should go and find her own man and take her front seat in his car, period!

That's the way it is - tough luck!
[/size]
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by joanpinkie(f): 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
whether am the sis or the gf i will gladly be at the back because i hate seat belt. Imagine kissing my bf head from the back while he is driving most romantic. Lolz
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by ModestSam(m): 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2014
Thank you, that's the only question on my mind.
Jackeeh:

Timi u be man at all?
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Chigold101(m): 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
Theblessed: [size=16pt]The front seat belongs to your girlfriend and she should seat on it.

Your girlfriend is the one that meet all your emotional needs and where does that leave your sister?

[/size]
if the girl have any intention of maryn the man & starts to fight with her would be sister inlaw, i really pity her. The girl friend deosnt own the front sit cos she is not yet anybody to the guy or the family. She is not his fience. She might decide to walk out anyday. Therefore she cant lay claim to the front sit. The sister too deosnt own the front sit. Whoever that sits there first can keep sitting there. But if there is a mutual understanding betwen the two. There would have been no need for squable. This clearly shows that the girl friend is not welcomed in that family. Believe it or live it.
But my advice to would be wives is this; never quarel with ur would be inlaws. In africa u cant remove family from marriage. If u start a fight with ur would be inlaws, u will end up in a big emotional mess. It doesnt matter how much ur guy loves u.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 13, 2014
It does not show she is not welcome.It only shows she(GF) has no manners. Not every one attaches the same parochial meaning to sitting in the front seat even if it has such importance in their social group they should only apply it if they embark at the same time. Once another adult is seated asking them to come down so you can sit is totally absurd and disrespectful.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by chenypat(f): 8:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
I really do not understand the fuss with ladies in sitting in front. I personally prefer taking the back seat unless am alone with hubby then I jst sit in front. Even when in the car with my younger bro I go to the back seat and allow his friend sit in front. There was a time my hubby was to pick his elder sis and I on the way, when he got to us and opened the back seat as usual I was already moving towards the back when his elder sis jst push me aside and sat there so I jst went to the front seat and to think she is way older than me. Its no big deal and I wonder why ladies always make this an issue. Your girlfriend shud have jst sat in the back because ur sis was already in front why ask her to go to d back. Na wao.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by melvin0004(m): 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2014
since your sister occupied d front first.den ur girlfrd is very wrong wit her actions.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2014
Personally, i think your g.f is wrong. She has not even attained a wife status and already she's behaving thus to your sister, i wonder what she will do when you marry her.
At least, she should have shown some respect to your sister. That's a bad sign there, bro. Are you sure she won't do worse than that when you marry her?
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by benodese(m): 4:32am On Sep 14, 2014
What is the name of your car
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Happywoman(f): 7:21am On Sep 14, 2014
Timileyin: Got to settle some really big fight few days back when preparing to go to a cousin's wedding. I left home with my sister, with the intention of picking my Girl friend alone with way, When we saw her, she demanded my sister, move to the back so as she could occupy her so called space. Which ended been a big fight and they caused a really big scene. Who do i support?

Ordinary girlfriend she don dey command her in laws , wen she bcom wife nko, na to fart and poo poo for their head,urs inclusive be next .btw wats so special on dat seat sef na ticket to heaven?pple dey battle illnesses,hunger ,famine,drought,wars ,terror,etc
Una dey her dey cry for chair. Smh

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by urchmanx(m): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
Look @op. Common sense should tell you to check your GF. Its not just rude but degrading to let someone leave his/her sit for anyone expect out of self will and respect(e.g standing up for an elder that is weak).
Your GF should be checked and cautioned. This is a bad sign my dear.
I am married and have kids. I once picked my sister from the airport when she visited from Germany. My wife didn't go with me to pick her. I have to pick my wife up from the grocery store. She came and went straight to the back sit and my sister offered her to come to the front and be with her husband and she waived it off saying it rude. She even said enjoy the moment with your brother after all he is all my anytime any day.
That is what is expected of a woman. Does been in the front sit add or take aware the love?
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
A GF: a person's regular female companion with whom they have a romantic or sexual relationship.

Sister: a woman or girl in relation to other daughters and sons of her parents.

That your GF must be a IGBO chic because she has no RESPECT, if she is a yoruba chic then she lacks manners/home training.

In your response to someone's comment,You said ur GF threatens to break up with you.. Op, tell her to buzz off! family 1st.. Ask her if she fights over a front seat with her siblings.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by pendo89(f): 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
Your girlfriend is extremely foolish,proud and self centered.

It doesnt' matter who was in the front seat. If it's occupied move to the back! That's how normal humans behave.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by abel14(f): 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
if i wer t be ur sister.i wuld av beaten dat gf of urs to coma.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by SHOCK7(m): 8:33am On Sep 15, 2014
marieolae: Do not support anybody, be neutral. Let them both sit at the back
Aaah u want both gals 2 hate him?
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by marieolae(f): 8:47am On Sep 15, 2014
SHOCK7:
Aaah u want both gals 2 hate him?
lool yess oo
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by smileysmiles(f): 10:16am On Sep 15, 2014
#oneword pathetic
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by GoodFaith: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
dcaliph:

So if it was his mother that was sitting in the front seat, she would have asked her to stand up!.
girl bad thing na bad thing. make the girl no let them do family meeting for her head o!
]
Sorry
Please don't be narrow minded
Great differences between a aging mother and sister
In Nigeria we give up our sit for older people
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by GoodFaith: 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
fairygeh: . Permit me to say that when you typed this you were not in a stable mental condition.wtf shocked no matter what,even if his sister is 10 years old African culture demands you respect her and not go fighting cos of a silly thing like front seat........its the gf he needs to check what rubbish,even if she has her reservations about the sis sitting in front,she should keep it to herself,yorubas will say (ise ile lo n bawon de ode) she can't even hide her animalistic traits
for crying out loud the sis was already occupying the front seat.if na me be the sis,i won't ever take such,things like this provoke me,on to say I even old pass am,them no born am well.the sis might even volunteer for her to sit in front not that it's the gf that would insist.@poster,look before you leap.so if it was your mom sitting in front,ur gf would pick a fight with her or ask her to move to the back?sorry to say,ur gf is a b1tch and you poster is very weak,i wonder if you can control your home.
Her sister attitude can tell you that she will try to be in control
"you were not in a stable mental "---I think you young and foolish
Respect is a two way street
"so if it was your mom sitting in front"---- different case
I have seening mothers leaving front seat for GF and wives
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by shindarayo(f): 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Theblessed: [size=16pt]The front seat belongs to your girlfriend and she should seat on it.

[/size]
u shld insted advice d gf to get her poverty striken brother to get a car so she can ride in front of his car.cos believe me a girl wt class wld not c any big deal in sitting at d bk and not front so she can feel like madam

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by shindarayo(f): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
GoodFaith:
Her sister attitude can tell you that she will try to be in control
"you were not in a stable mental "---I think you young and foolish
Respect is a two way street
"so if it was your mom sitting in front"---- different case
I have seening mothers leaving front seat for GF and wives
u b real mumu.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by SHOCK7(m): 1:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Girls are too annoying I swear ahh lol just go and chill... Allow them... they'll be friends later on and start teasing you about how u couldn't handle them both hehe
U seem 2 've a good head on 'ur shoulders,let me know u!
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by SHOCK7(m): 2:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
marieolae: lool yess oo
I like dat necklace u wearing wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Immediately She Opened Her Legs For Me (photos) / When A Girl Is Caught Cheating / Swim Instructor's Under Water Pre-Wedding Photoshoot In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.