Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Family Visit To Accra, Ghana - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Family Visit To Accra, Ghana (7013 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt / Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by saylawal2003(m): 6:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
KolaShangOne:
I want to travel to Accra for about 5days over christmas..just to chill haven't had time to plan. Will be helpful if anyone can give info. Thanks

1) where to change naira to cedi?
2) I want to travel by road when returning. How much is the bus fare?
3) Which hotel can I get for about 250dollars for four nights in a quiet environment?
4)how much is the akosombo boat ride?
5) how safe is it to walk around at night?
6) places to avoid at night.

Am also planning to travel to Accra for Xmas with my wife n baby. Add me on whatsapp 08034285612 or BBM 7C68FBD1. I also planned to come back by road. I have booked King Solomon Hotel for 150GHC per night but still thinking if there is a better one at a cheaper rate
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by saylawal2003(m): 1:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
Pls can u recommend any hotel or Inn in OSU area that is between 100GHC to 150GHC for a double room. Contacts of the hotels. I planned visiting Accra for Xmas with my family from 26 December 2014. Tx

texaco1:
it all depends on ur pocket and budget ,but one thing I will advise u is to avoid nigerians when u get to ghana . Accra is beautiful and u will love it . Affordable Hotels starts from 70 cedis and maybe 100 cedis . When u get to accra , there is a nice area which is quiet ,ask for cantonment area ,this area is where most embassies are located there is a very cheap hotel about 5 minutes trek to the south korean embassy ,it is an inn really . I don't know how much they charge now but last year it was 70 cedis . Osu ,dankw circle is a place u will meet many nationals and it is also near where the former president was staying. Find an hotel in osu area ,lot of whites people there and a nice place to be at night,the beach is also near ,I stayed at the cantonment area close to the us emabssy and captain kooks resturant for four years and never regretted it. But if u are on a tight budget then go to an hotel behind mokola market ,I have forgotten the name but it a 3 storey hotel and it is where u can get affordable accomodation,single room was 70cedis , really nice place and the good thing is the close proximity to makola market ,there is a woman that sells yoruba food believe me it is better than those they sell in nigeria sef. I wish I could go on .have a nice trip .
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by saylawal2003(m): 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
Is there anyone here that recommend any hotel or Inn in OSU area that is between 100GHC to 150GHC for a double room. Contacts of the hotels. I planned visiting Accra for Xmas with my family from 26 December 2014. Tx
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by bollat(f): 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
dclvacations call 09095641111 or mail dclvacations.ghana@gmail.come
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by bollat(f): 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
dclvacations call 09095641111 or mail dclvacations.ghana@gmail.com
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by bollat(f): 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
[
]dclvacations call 09095641111 or mail dclvacations.ghana@gmail.com They would get u a very nice double room hotel at a very nice and condusive area.its a vacation company and presently they av a package for Accra Christmas party for 3days.Try them and u will never regret.Their Christmas party would b at ovation restaurant in Accra.its a very nice place to b and its one of d best restaurant in Accra Ghana owned by dele momodu.2)On boxing day there would b a seaside dinner.tour of Accra etc.But if u plan to stay longer that means u would av to pay more than d normal package price because their vacation period is just for 3 days.And they also av road and air package at a very reasonable price.its better to go thru a company and save urself d stress.they will do all d work for u.
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by KolaShangOne(m): 6:47am On Dec 13, 2014
saylawal2003:

Am also planning to travel to Accra for Xmas with my wife n baby. Add me on whatsapp 08034285612 or BBM 7C68FBD1. I also planned to come back by road. I have booked King Solomon Hotel for 150GHC per night but still thinking if there is a better one at a cheaper rate

Bros,
I just made up my mind to go to Dubai for christmas. Got cheaper tickets.
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by texaco1: 8:26am On Dec 16, 2014
saylawal2003:
Pls can u recommend any hotel or Inn in OSU area that is between 100GHC to 150GHC for a double room. Contacts of the hotels. I planned visiting Accra for Xmas with my family from 26 December 2014. Tx

bros names I may not be able to remember or give.locations I maybe able to give

(1) (2) (Reply)

Retention Of Passport / My Journey From New York To Florida By Road (live) / 28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.