Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! (14519 Views)

Poll: Do you believe that the Nigerian government will find and bring to justice the killers of Funsho Williams?

I'm very sure: 5% (3 votes)
I'm positive: 17% (9 votes)
I doubt: 58% (30 votes)
It's impossible: 9% (5 votes)
I don't care: 7% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Court Approves Suit Against Tinubu Over Murder Of Funsho Williams / PDP's Lagos Rally Dwarfs APC's Mega Rally In Lagos [ compare photos] / Massive Crowd Inflow At PDP Lagos Rally [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by kelvin(m): 6:55pm On Jul 27, 2006
There are other possibilities to consider about his death, undecided like maybe he committed suicide, or maybe, undecided
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by sammiek1(m): 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2006
my brothers and sisters, which way Nigeria ? We need to be more prayerful .May God guide our leaders right. Rest in peace, Funso Williams.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by saintchux(m): 7:24pm On Jul 27, 2006
It is so unfortunate that this is happening. How is international community going to see. I weep for Nigeria.
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by mochafella(m): 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2006
saintchux:

It is so unfortunate that this is happening. How is international community going to see.

erm, I doubt it will shock them much. Lets not forget Bola Ige, the serving Attorney-General was murdered a few years ago. If he can be "deep-sixed" without consequence then the death of an aspirant is unlikely to surprise anyone. undecided

1 Like

Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Nia: 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2006
I just heard about this. And the killer(s) probably won't be found. Naija really needs to work on issues like this cause it will only scare away those with good intentions. I mean, just voicing your opinions puts your life in danger, we should work harder on attaining a real democracy. (Although I'm not sure democracy is what naija needs, but anyways.)
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by woleprof(m): 7:43pm On Jul 27, 2006
its unfortunate, the giant of africa has brought more shame to its territory. Kililng, civil unrest, assasination, religious crisis, etc has been the order of the day cry cry cry

its only God or maybe i should say God-sent redemer that can wash us free and deliver us from these tyran.

oh oh wat a shame.

Funso is gone.

May his gentle soul rest in in peace cry cry cry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by trips(m): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2006
unfortunate,
serious,
dastardly,
enuf words,
what can we the youths do about this,
its our future that being meddled wiv here!!?!!?
someone just lost a father,
a wife just lost a husband,
a country lost a leader,

hope we dont end up like somalia.

P.S. all those who love thier lives should try to stay off the lagos island cos those zones would be veri veri volatile now. angry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2006
Ha, it's like a door bell, Lagosians are used to it. Reminds me of the day Kudirat was killed. There's a heavy hold up around V.I. that's all.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by LiquidMind(m): 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2006
Nigerian politics is sick and dirty, imagine criminal & ritualist as our leaders angry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by otokx(m): 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2006
Politics is not for the feint hearted and Lagos is one of the maddest places to stay in Nigeria.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by aderaskeey(m): 8:43pm On Jul 27, 2006
Any smart observer, like Festus keyamo said, would know that Funsho williams's death is a "dress rehearsal" in the captivity agenda of powers that are bent on capturing Lagos come 2007. The State and her militant governor- Tinubu, has been a thorn enough in their flesh for the past 7 years. Let them be assured that they would meet their waterloo in the hands of the most politically conscious and sophisticated Lagosians, come 2007
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Odeku(m): 8:48pm On Jul 27, 2006
it's call destiny, or as my grandmother will say Untimely death, if we know who kill him, it wont be an assassination.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Tmoni(m): 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2006
2007 is still very far off and they are already killing eachother.If a somehow stable state like Lagos is already opening THE MURDER GAME SHOW,what will happen in renowned flash points (RIVERS, BAYELSA,) etc. Its going to be a POLITICAL BLLOD BATH.

MAY GOD GIVE HIM ETERNAL REST AND LOOK OVER ALL OF US STILL ALIVE.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by diddy4(m): 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2006
so when are they gonn@ start killing those in my list. they missed their target. Funsho wasnt in my list but he is gon anyway so his case is closed.

let them kill themselves one after the other so good people will lead us from 2007. there is still 10 more to go.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by WesleyanA(f): 10:37pm On Jul 27, 2006
diddy4:

let them kill themselves one after the other so good people will lead us from 2007.

that's not fair though because they murder good people too!
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by inspira(f): 10:42pm On Jul 27, 2006
who's funsho williams? lol b4 u chop me
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by funmi2(f): 10:43pm On Jul 27, 2006
aderaskeey:

Any smart observer, like Festus keyamo said, would know that Funsho williams's death is a "dress rehearsal" in the captivity agenda of powers that are bent on capturing Lagos come 2007. The State and her militant governor- Tinubu, has been a thorn enough in their flesh for the past 7 years. Let them be assured that they would meet their waterloo in the hands of the most politically conscious and sophisticated Lagosians, come 2007
amen
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by WesleyanA(f): 10:49pm On Jul 27, 2006
inspira:

who's funsho williams? lol before u chop me

PDP member, Lagos governor to be. tongue

we need pics. lol
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Mariory(m): 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2006
You're all assuming his death was politically motivated. Strangulation is a crime of passion. This suggests to me his killer was someone he knew personally rather than hired assasins that is common with political hits.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by WesleyanA(f): 10:57pm On Jul 27, 2006
good point.

they could have shot him otherwise.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by diddy4(m): 11:39pm On Jul 27, 2006
what are u guys thinking sef? dat dis is FBI or CIA hit crime? this is naija. an assassin can use anything to kill the man. u cant just say cuzz its strangulation dat he wasnt killed by assassins. he is dead lets move on.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by olumighty(m): 11:47pm On Jul 27, 2006
Quote from: abiodunade on Today at 05:55:44 PM
I think the road to 2007 elections will be very bloody with the recent murder of Engr. Funsho Williams. What do u nairaland members think can be done to avert this type of political assassination in the country?

I believe we all need to get on our knees and start to pray. The devil is on ranpage to suck blood in this nation. The death of Engr. is a warning to all. Please lets pray since the Police and the Army cannot even protect themselves, we need the Host of Heaven to guard this nation; most especially this time around. Pray! Pray!! Nigeria Pray!!!.

Olumide Okeowo.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by duehi(f): 11:55pm On Jul 27, 2006
this is so sad.obviously we have a very long way to go in nigeria.i am so disgusted with the situation of things.may his soul haunt those that perpetrated this act.everyone should please pray that we all survive 2007.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by tianshie(m): 11:58pm On Jul 27, 2006
Mariory:

You're all assuming his death was politically motivated. Strangulation is a crime of passion. This suggests to me his killer was someone he knew personally rather than hired assasins that is common with political hits.
methinks the poor guy had "odeishi",so when the bullets and knives couldn't penetrate,they decided to try strangulation.Remember how Aguiyi Ironsi was killed.
Let's just say Funso's Babalawo lacked foresight.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by LiquidMind(m): 12:45am On Jul 28, 2006
@tianshie well said shocked
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Drusilla(f): 1:24am On Jul 28, 2006
Naija people are starting to get into my heart and it is sad to see your pain about this.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Damest09(f): 1:51am On Jul 28, 2006
I don't know the man or heard his name before, can we have some pics of him? what hurt most is that the killers will not be found - they've never solve any political murder case successfully in Nigeria why will this be different?. The remaining people should move on with their life vigilantly. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by babdee21(m): 2:44am On Jul 28, 2006
who killed funsho williams ? Inspector General of police  must be made to give  answers within shortest possible time ,  else he s not fit to POLICE us into 2007  .     IMPEACH HIM  ! grin
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by toshmann(m): 3:00am On Jul 28, 2006
hezbolla + hamas + al qaeda = PDP grin

a country where the attorney general was gunned down and nothing happened. who are we to feel safe.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Danmasani(m): 4:18am On Jul 28, 2006
Mariory:

Thats some very funny argument. You however have no point there.

tianshie:

methinks the poor guy had "odeishi",so when the bullets and knives couldn't penetrate,they decided to try strangulation.Remember how Aguiyi Ironsi was killed.
Let's just say Funso's Babalawo lacked foresight.
LOL, pppeople,
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by DaHitler(m): 4:29am On Jul 28, 2006
The guy was strangleds because he was killed in broad day light. To use a gun would have alerted the people in the area. And since he appears to be living in a secure, GRA style area, the police would have been there in time to intercept the assasins.

And by the way, Jazz is not the reason why he was not killed with a bullet. If Jazz worked, there won't be any Nigeria, and we won't be speaking English.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by hoodboi(m): 5:17am On Jul 28, 2006
men this shit is sick, i can't blive he is dead, i've never been so unhappy about someone i don't know personally, he wuz still in my area 3days ago it's jst all so sad dat as some peeps re tryna move naija 4ward some want it to stay in one place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices / Two Members Of A Kidnap Syndicate Terrorizing Ijebu-Ode & Its Environs Arrested / Buhari Meets Obi Of Awka As Part Of His Campaign Rally (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.