Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,151 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! (14522 Views)

Poll: Do you believe that the Nigerian government will find and bring to justice the killers of Funsho Williams?

I'm very sure: 5% (3 votes)
I'm positive: 17% (9 votes)
I doubt: 58% (30 votes)
It's impossible: 9% (5 votes)
I don't care: 7% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Court Approves Suit Against Tinubu Over Murder Of Funsho Williams / PDP's Lagos Rally Dwarfs APC's Mega Rally In Lagos [ compare photos] / Massive Crowd Inflow At PDP Lagos Rally [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by DaHitler(m): 5:19am On Jul 28, 2006
From what I am reading from www.vanguardngr.com , he died from stab wounds.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by buchio7(m): 7:21am On Jul 28, 2006
yes i read from thisday dat he was overpowered by 6 men,tied and den strangled for good measure. its a sign of d times we are in n its going to get bloodier. nigerian politics(anyway it is everywhere, shaaa!!!) is gruesome. i hear his family are all in d u.s.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by lakeside4love(m): 8:01am On Jul 28, 2006
his support base was overwhelmin.he was a sure 4 d coveted post in Alausa.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by ono(m): 8:03am On Jul 28, 2006
Folks, this is just a tip of the iceberge. Come 2007, bloody clashes will eventually claim the lives of many. Looking deep into the root cause of the matter, it's nothing more than who's going to preside over the sharing of Lagos's portion of the national cake (Niger Delta oil money) at Abuja! Some one feels threatened by this Williams guy, and there's nothing he can do than to take his life.

In this day and age, someone who wants to rule/ govern will go this far to actualise his dreams? Tis sad.

I still believe that 2007 elections will make or mar this lopsided union. This country as we know it may not be thesame in 2007. Nigeria is cracking up along geopolitical lines. The eventual breakup of this country will be the climax of all the spate of killings, injustice, oppression, corruption, ethnic bigotry, murder etc etc that has characterised this administration and previous ones. Mark my word.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Chxta(m): 8:03am On Jul 28, 2006
Damest09:

I don't know the man or heard his name before, can we have some pics of him?

I agree totally with Mariory. Whoever killed F Will was not politically motivated
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by lakeside4love(m): 8:04am On Jul 28, 2006
a sure bet 4 2007
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2006
This is so said angry angry
I wonder who is responsible
How many will die b4 the next election lipsrsealed
so so sad
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by otokx(m): 9:09am On Jul 28, 2006
i hear his entire family is abroad and that he was staying by himself in 2 duplexes (what a waste) with policemen in the front of the house. that is the bane of the elitist oppressors in nigeria who send and maintain their family outside the country while still trying to rule us.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Mariory(m): 9:24am On Jul 28, 2006
Danmasani:

Thats some very funny argument. You however have no point there.

And whatever useless point u were trying to make in that worthless post has been quickly disregarded. I didn't say he wasn't assassinated. The guardian article said he was strangled. All I said is it SUGGESTS to me that it was a crime of passion as is usually the case in murders like these.

Now articles I'm reading this morning say he was stabbed and shot not strangled.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Oracle(m): 10:00am On Jul 28, 2006
This is really terrible, i guess nigeria is good at most things but not politics, itz always bloody
now this guy has just been wasted, just like that, itz soooooooooooo sad.
and God will, descend on whoever is responsible
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by woleprof(m): 10:09am On Jul 28, 2006
This is just an evidence that 2007 is going to be VERY BLOODY sad sad Oh God come to our aid ooooo
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by obalola: 10:22am On Jul 28, 2006
The number One suspect is Chief Seye Ogunlewe, the former Works Minister, the man has shown that he is ruthless and wicked. He was instrumental to the with-helding of LAgos LG fund for years, just because of his political difference with Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.
He set-up FERMA Traffic arm to cause disturbance and harrassment to Lagosian just because they did not return him to the Senate.
His boys have always been terrorising all his political opponents.
The Police should beam their search light on him
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by micklplus(m): 10:24am On Jul 28, 2006
Well,
God WILL save Naija.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by lakeside4love(m): 10:28am On Jul 28, 2006
He wasnt strangled, He was tied,stabbed and shot,

And whos sayin his death isnt politically motivated?Dat person better wake up from sleep,
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by adetunrayo(f): 10:53am On Jul 28, 2006
This is a surprie o my poeple.adieu captain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by woleprof(m): 11:05am On Jul 28, 2006
Although no official confirmation of how the politician was killed was available as at press time, our correspondent gathered that Williams’s hands were tied behind his back, and his legs also, before he was stabbed many times.

He was also shot in the abdomen.

coutrsey: www.punchontheweb.com
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by egenash: 11:09am On Jul 28, 2006
i don't feel sorry for slain politicians, they are all bad men who are seeking to enrich themselves. i think they are getting what they deserve. who knows how many people have died as a result of his actions both direct and indirect. they should keep on killing themselves and make way for more responsible leaders. PDP is one of the greatest problems nigeria has now. the dearth of PDP will definitely b good for nigeria, they are too powerful, too wicked and too selfish to mention a few.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by woleprof(m): 11:14am On Jul 28, 2006
egenash:

i don't feel sorry for slain politicians, they are all bad men who are seeking to enrich themselves. i think they are getting what they deserve. who knows how many people have died as a result of his actions both direct and indirect. they should keep on killing themselves and make way for more responsible leaders. PDP is one of the greatest problems nigeria has now. the dearth of PDP will definitely b good for nigeria, they are too powerful, too wicked and too selfish to mention a few.

its not about PDP, its not about Politics, its about human life, human being just like u. sad sad angry angry dont u have human feelings cry cry cry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Mariory(m): 11:24am On Jul 28, 2006
egenash:

And of what use are u to the human race? What have you done that makes you so special as to continue living while others should die.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by woleprof(m): 11:29am On Jul 28, 2006
cry cry cry cry good night
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by ebonyjoy1(f): 11:32am On Jul 28, 2006
WE VE NOT BEING ABLE TO ANSWER THE QUESTION EVERYBODY BEING ASKING SINCE I WAS A CHILD, ie WHO KILLED DELE GIWA? NO NEED 2 WASTE TIME ASKING WHO KILLED WILLIAMS , LOL
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by egenash: 11:36am On Jul 28, 2006
these guys dont have feelings, they embezzle billions of dollars. do you know how many lives that money could have saved. it is unfortunate but in this world i grew up in not just in nigeria people die, people die for something people die for nothing. these so called ruling class (elite) in nigeria are screwing us in d as with no vaseline. i cant feel sory 4 dem i even think alot more need to be killed. there has been so much injustice in this country. can u count the no. of ordinary men that die e/day as a result of hardship. so pls dont give that human life shit. we need a mass slaughter of the ghana must go politicians we have now. and no it is not about human life it is about politics because if he was content with what he had he would still b alive. no responsible man will b involved in nigerian politics of 2day.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by ebonyjoy1(f): 11:45am On Jul 28, 2006
All my friends say am naive but i just find it hard to believe that a human being can enter the house of another and cold bloodly murder him for material gains, are people really that heartless and wicked, how can such a person sleep at night, when we know money cant buy u happiness, its jsut sickening, well i pray God to give his family divine consolation to bear the loss
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by jaydifox(m): 11:46am On Jul 28, 2006
This is just the tip of the iceberg, example of wat i call war from within
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by slimfella(m): 11:55am On Jul 28, 2006
Its a tragic event which can only mean a continuation to the circle of violence that has been evolving within the political arena since the new dispensation. When will Nigerian political Cheiftains learn that a politics of violence can only lead to more violence. My heart bleeds for Nigeria because this recent event is only a shadow of what we are likely to experience in the next eight to nine months. Only God can help us now.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by egenash: 11:58am On Jul 28, 2006
Mariory:

And of what use are u to the human race? What have you done that makes you so special as to continue living while others should die.

@ mariory u 2 dey attack me the other time u ask me my age, na wa oh wetin i do u, u dey talk like say u no dey naija dey c d nonsence wey all these politicians dey do, all of them na d same. mayb i am not making any contribution 2 humanity, mayb i am not special to continue living, but it breaks my heart when i c my people suffering unnecessarily in this my beloved and blessed country. no beef man but i think d man got what he deserves. i always try 2 know the consequence of my actions and if i get caught up by the consequence i accept it in good faith. we all know what nigerian politics is all about.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by D3n3n(m): 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2006
It is sad that politics all over the world has degenerated to that point where "Killing is the order of Day" But this is the life any intending politican will face once he decides to go public in any form of the word. To the Bola Iges' and wives of Rimis' may  your deaths never allow those behinde these acts go unpunished in this life or the next. To the family of the State man, Engr. FUNSHO WILLIAMS, May the Lord give you the heart to bear this irreplaceable loss.    sad cry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by chyziani: 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2006
Haba when will al this stop in Naija, please I beg o!, is really too early to start all these political killing cos these' just 2006, c'mon what will happen when 2007 comes. I symphatise with the bereaved family , may his soul rest in peace. AMENNNNNNNNNNNN!
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Awackson(m): 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2006
Funsho Williams, Lagos State Governor, to be - is killed,
                       Who killed Funsho William ?[color=#550000][/color]

We are all going to die one by one, and what we reap is what we are going to saw, So watch out,  The people that (Innocent Gentle Man) killed Funsho Williams are they going to stay forever ?

Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by deb(m): 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2006
Shame! Shame!! Shame!!! on Nigerian politicians most especially the PDP
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by naijaflyer(m): 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2006
I understand the pain a lot of you feel. The late Engr. Funso and I sat beside each other on a commercial flight from Abuja to Lagos last week and had a very stimulating discussion. We promised to keep in touch, only for this to happen. He was such a gentle-man and sometimes I wondered what he was doing in politics, especially trying to govern a volatile state like Lagos. Even within PDP, he had Adeseye Ogunlewe, Ganiyu Olarenwaju Solomon (GOS) and Musiliu Obanikoro to contend with. Men that try to give the impression of being urbane, when they are actually more vicious than the next man. But like we all know, such is the futility of life, and we shall all return to Allah, though we know neither when, nor where, nor how.
However, my advice to those who allow their emotions get the better of them is this, no amount of violence/revolution would bring about a cure for the Nation's ills. It has to start f with a determination from all of us to ensure that those who get to office are people whose abilities and pedigree are not in doubt/can be trusted. We can draw inspiration from how the people of Kano and Lagos states resisted the PDP onslaught of 2003.
Let's keep watching and doing our little bit where we can, because the build-up would get bloodier in the days ahead.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by DaHitler(m): 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2006
I am going to assume he was killed by someoe inside the party. For a member of the opposing party to kill him would only stir up the emotions of his supporters to support the next PDP candidate for the State.

What most likely happened is that a power block in the PDP Lagos feels that he won the nomination of the Lagos State Party in 2003 and he failed to deliver, now he wants to take up another turn in 2007.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Counters Edwin Clark's Claim On Alleged Plot To Kill Jonathan / Buhari May Never Be President - heres the reason why. / Loot Recovery: Edwin Clark Backs Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.