Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! (14520 Views)

Poll: Do you believe that the Nigerian government will find and bring to justice the killers of Funsho Williams?

I'm very sure: 5% (3 votes)
I'm positive: 17% (9 votes)
I doubt: 58% (30 votes)
It's impossible: 9% (5 votes)
I don't care: 7% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Court Approves Suit Against Tinubu Over Murder Of Funsho Williams / PDP's Lagos Rally Dwarfs APC's Mega Rally In Lagos [ compare photos] / Massive Crowd Inflow At PDP Lagos Rally [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by egenash: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2006
naijaflyer:

I understand the pain a lot of you feel. The late Engr. Funso and I sat beside each other on a commercial flight from Abuja to Lagos last week and had a very stimulating discussion. We promised to keep in touch, only for this to happen. He was such a gentle-man and sometimes I wondered what he was doing in politics, especially trying to govern a volatile state like Lagos. Even within PDP, he had Adeseye Ogunlewe, Ganiyu Olarenwaju Solomon (GOS) and Musiliu Obanikoro to contend with. Men that try to give the impression of being urbane, when they are actually more vicious than the next man. But like we all know, such is the futility of life, and we shall all return to Allah, though we know neither when, nor where, nor how.
However, my advice to those who allow their emotions get the better of them is this, no amount of violence/revolution would bring about a cure for the Nation's ills. It has to start f with a determination from all of us to ensure that those who get to office are people whose abilities and pedigree are not in doubt/can be trusted. We can draw inspiration from how the people of Kano and Lagos states resisted the PDP onslaught of 2003.
Let's keep watching and doing our little bit where we can, because the build-up would get bloodier in the days ahead.

@naijaflyer i can't help but agree with u, i hope we get 2 dat point where the electorate actually determines who rules this country.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Anabib(f): 2:35pm On Jul 28, 2006
@egenash
and no it is not about human life it is about politics because if he was content with what he had he would still b alive. no responsible man will b involved in nigerian politics of 2day.

Yes its all about politics

But i disagree with your last statement.
We must not allow irresponsible, Ritualist, wicked, touts and Greedy people to rule us. Therefore that attitude is totally wrong.
Rather more responsible people should come out and participate in politics, thats the only way our nation can be moved forward.

CAPTAINS death was very unfortunate and it was politically motivated.

The IG of police has a big role to play here in fishing out the killers, but of course this incident will be swept under the carpet and the worst that would happen is that they may say its the guys private security and other personal staffs and hence their arrest.
Until we (IG, POLICE, PRESIDENT, POLITCIANS and MASSES) rise up to fight this injustices, It will continue and only the Unqualified/Area boys/touts will continue to rule Nigeria.

MAY GOD HELP NIGERIA
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by egenash: 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2006
@ anabib
take a good look at our ruling class and ask urself which one of them is politically responsible. politics is a dirty game allover the world but in nigeria it has become more complicated cos of d 4th dimension added to it. to become a political heavy weight in nigeria u must put ur hands into alot of shit, cos ur opponents also are some very desperate men. u hear of them swearing at shrines, rituals for protection, belonging to secret societies all in a bid to be powerful. look at the few responsible nigerians who ventured into politics, they either joined the band wagon or left the scene entirely.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by walex4luv(m): 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2006
Its quite Unfortunate to hear that a man after Gods heart been assassinated,  cry,
just becos of positions seeking. It is high time every one knew that if God did not spare SODOM AND GOMORRAH he will likewise not spare those involve in the death of this Man.
REST IN PEACE FUNSHO WILLIAMS!!!!
[i][/i]
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2006
The point is that this fools are killing the wrong pple, y cant they go after those fools that are supporting 3rd term, and those idiots that feel its their grand-father that has nigeria.

My symphaty goes to his family cry cry cry, only God knows who the next victim it would be, but i pray that this time around, they would kill their ownselves.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by fisho(m): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2006
Who's NeXt:-
That's what's on our lips. The Good Guys don't always have their back covered.
Let's pray for this country, Time Limit has been set for us to become the world's most desirable nations. Let's make sure we consitent with hw well we want to make this country great
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2006
The most painful thing is this guy lost last year, i believe due to RIGGING. He beat Tinubu hands down, but you know now, the ruling power in Lagos wouldn't let him. I voted for him anyway, it's so sad, he's a handsome big man (A perfect Aristo, i wouldn't hala too much if i saw him with my friend). Kai, you should see his billboards all over lagos.

Adieu Papa, I pray you rule in Heaven.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by creams(f): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2006
wow!!!! what a sad news to behold, ordinary election they're killing themselves
do they think the world ends here in Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, They''ll still meet again

and they give account of there stay here on earth, Politics, What a dirty game.
Well may his soul rest in peace Adieu,
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by ebong4waz(m): 4:14pm On Jul 28, 2006
this is really terrible!!! so who's nextthese politicians will bring armaggedon to earth b4 the devil does. May God save them from their sinister ambitions & themselves.God will avenge, but wait, was the hit just political or their's more to it.God save us!!! cry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by obong(m): 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2006
can nigerian STOP making up fake titles. 'engineer' is not a title.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Idekeson(m): 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2006
The Attorney General of Nigeria was murdered with no clues!!!

That was the end of Security and Justice in Nigeria. Bola Ige was a highest ranking official in government, should I remind all Maybe when the Vice President or even the President is murdered in his bedroom, we may start appreciating how hopeless the Nigeria situation has become.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2006
obong:

can nigerian STOP making up fake titles. 'engineer' is not a title.

can you come out clear?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by obong(m): 5:08pm On Jul 28, 2006
the title of this post calls my williams 'engineer williams' a sthough engineer, like doctor and president are titles. engineer isnt a title. even alhaji is another fake nigerian title
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Anabib(f): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2006
All am saying is that we must encourage the good people who has interest in politics.

The mere facts the majority of politicians in Nigeria have Questionable character does not mean that we should not encourage the good guys.

When more straight forward people come out to contest, the questionable ones will be silenced.

Politics is a dirty game- Yes, but we must play the game with strategies (UP ATIKU) and not with thuggery (PDP)
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by kellybaba(m): 5:24pm On Jul 28, 2006
@Buchio: i was suprised u r using d word 'seems, ' . It is crystal clear that a very erudite 'mathematician' cum strategist has erased a 'difficult sum' so that equation can balance

Let mi say that more will follow in dis ensuing battle for the soul of Lagos inparticular n 9ja by extension
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by toshmann(m): 5:43pm On Jul 28, 2006
@kellybaba,

brother kindly reduce ur big grammar. the fact is that nigeria has great security problems. only God secures us in that country.

bola ige, the chief law officer of a nation died. nothing happened.

43yrs after his assasination, america is still looking for the killers of JFK. But nigeria?

by next 2 weeks many won't remember the guy. and many more may get assasinated. soon.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by bobotee(m): 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2006
I am not prophesying doom but it is just the begining. PDP without any apologies is the problem of this gr8 nation. I know innocent guys have been arrested and after sometime we dont hear any again. Is this a country that a govt says they have ruled 4 8yrs. there is no respect for anyone's life. The President i heard from relable sources no longer sleeps in Aso Rock!
What a shame. It is sad becos such men may leave a vaccum that cannot be filled. A gr8 nation in trouble.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by zebudaya(m): 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2006
The funny thing is that the people who killed him would go to his house to console his wife and cry the loudest then offer money to find the killers NIGERIA!
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by toshmann(m): 6:02pm On Jul 28, 2006
bobotee:

The President i heard from relable sources no longer sleeps in Aso Rock!

please who is after the president that he doesn't sleep in aso rock again.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Ukpekeson(m): 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2006
[b]@ may your death provoke a total disgrace and exposure of all the powers behind the unresolved and mystery political murders of the last seven years in this country. And I Say a BIG AMENNNNNNNNNNNNN[/b][color=#990000][/color] angry sad shocked cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by zebudaya(m): 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2006
Ukpekeson:

[b]@ may your death provoke a total disgrace and exposure of all the powers behind the unresolved and mystery political murders of the last seven years in this country. And I Say a BIG AMENNNNNNNNNNNNN[/b][color=#990000][/color] angry sad shocked cry cry cry cry cry cry

he's dead he can't read Nairaland anymore
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Alexos(m): 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2006
IT'S SO SAD THAT NIGERIA HAS LOST ANOTHER GREAT MAN. sad sad sad

NO DOUBT, THE BAD EGGS ARE GAINING UPPER HANDS, TRYING TO ELIMINATE THE GOOD ONES AMONGS THEM.

BUT THEY FORGOT SOMETHING, THE WRATH OF THE LORD IS ON IT'S WAY, AND IT WILL EAT THEM UP LIKE A WILD FIRE BURNING DOWN A DRY FOREST.

HERE'S A LITTLE PRAYER FOR THE CUPRIT,
"may God send a million ants to the ass of whoever killed Engr. Funsho Williams, and may his hands grow short that he will not be able to scratch the itch". grin grin grin

SO IF YOU HAPPEN TO FIND YOURSELF IN THE MIDST OF THIS BAD EGGS, THEN BEWARE!!!
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by riffy: 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2006
Well, it too bad for this country Nigeria to be having thing like killing now. too too bad
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by BABAnLA(m): 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2006
obong:

the title of this post calls my williams 'engineer williams' a sthough engineer, like doctor and president are titles. engineer isnt a title. even alhaji is another fake nigerian title

Actually, first, I'm going to have to burst your empty bubble here, but Engineer, Doctor, etc are indeed titles. They are job titles, but titles nonetheless. Generally, we (naijas) tend to use them in salutations, for recognition etc, so what?!
Secondly, what the f*uck has that got to do with the issue at hand, namely, a well known politician who's life has just been taken?

Get a clue my friend, darn peeps always tryiing to prove that they know something when they are so freaking clueless. Pieces me off!

PS - now u know my pet peeve, at least one of them. angry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by toshmann(m): 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2006
Alexos:

HERE'S A LITTLE PRAYER FOR THE CUPRIT,
"may God send a million ants to the ass of whoever killed Engr. Funsho Williams, and may his hands grow short that he will not be able to scratch the itch". grin grin grin

lol. the guy will be dancing makossa with his ass and will have to scratch it against any wall.or rough edge he can find. lmao.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Bigjay(m): 6:55pm On Jul 28, 2006
Na wa o, i was hoping to become a politician some day but,
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Panache(m): 7:21pm On Jul 28, 2006
Price of a life in Lebanon - worthy! Proce of a life in Nigeria - worthless!

I don't know this man, but how many do we need to sacrifice in this stupid DEMO[/b]stration of [b]CRAZE.

I sorry for Nigeria.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Drusilla(f): 7:49pm On Jul 28, 2006
Panache,

That's the truth.

At no time in the last 600 years has any Nigerian ever been given any idea that a Black Life is worthy.

A person can pick up a rock and if it is smooth, knows that it probably has a history of being in water. If the rock is rough, it may have a history of being in rough and tumble places.

Yet some Nigerians have an idea that some magic will come to their country and they will magically value each other and change their country.

Without dealing with what has been passed down to each and every one of them, in generation after generation, in all the cultures of Nigeria, that Black life has no value.

No in fact, some will fight you hard and call you the racist if you even want to bring that up.

Maybe one day those Nigerians will get how all these things are connected.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by toshmann(m): 7:54pm On Jul 28, 2006
Drusilla:

Panache,

That's the truth.

At no time in the last 600 years has any Nigerian ever been given any idea that a Black Life is worthy.

A person can pick up a rock and if it is smooth, knows that it probably has a history of being in water. If the rock is rough, it may have a history of being in rough and tumble places.

Yet some Nigerians have an idea that some magic will come to their country and they will magically value each other and change their country.

Without dealing with what has been passed down to each and every one of them, in generation after generation, in all the cultures of Nigeria, that Black life has no value. No in fact, some will fight you hard and call you the racist if you even want to bring that up.

Maybe one day those Nigerians will get how all these things are connected.

whatever u may mean. my life has value. and my life has no color grin
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Drusilla(f): 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2006
toshman,

Thank you. Another useless statement.

Nice of you to say that from the comfort of the UK.

Where they have their own Afrocentrics, who work with ours.

But you keep fooling yourself, that living in our shadow, changes a damn thing about what I said above.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by gr8t(m): 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2006
Just few days ago we read in punch that one of the Lagos governorship contender was hit by car driven by the driver of one of another politician who journeyed to the same occasion. The said man is seriously injured and the police are said to be investigating the matter.
This time around Funsho William, a healthy man was taken off the political scene and from the rat race just like that.
The feud between these politician will allow for more casualty if proper measure is not in place by the present administration of out law enforcement agency and the law makers.
The question is, can we on the forum disagree to agree in the next few days to find out;
WHO KILLED FUNSHO WILLIAMS?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by toshmann(m): 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2006
b4 we start to quarrel let me state that i'm in school in uk and that does not sound like "comfort of uk" okay? i'm still a nigerian who lives in nigeria and schools in the uk. okay? dont be too hard drusilla.
anyway i've sent a reply to ur statement in the other thread.

i am disappointed in what u just said about me on this thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Obi Of Awka As Part Of His Campaign Rally (Photos) / Loot Recovery: Edwin Clark Backs Buhari / Woman Faints While Registering At INEC Center In Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.