Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,990 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! (14518 Views)

Poll: Do you believe that the Nigerian government will find and bring to justice the killers of Funsho Williams?

I'm very sure: 5% (3 votes)
I'm positive: 17% (9 votes)
I doubt: 58% (30 votes)
It's impossible: 9% (5 votes)
I don't care: 7% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Court Approves Suit Against Tinubu Over Murder Of Funsho Williams / PDP's Lagos Rally Dwarfs APC's Mega Rally In Lagos [ compare photos] / Massive Crowd Inflow At PDP Lagos Rally [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Mystique(f): 10:01am On Aug 01, 2006
All i know is Funsho must've been a huge threat to have been murdered in the first place, the question is threat to who? The A.D. or the P.D.P.??

Must admit that the A.D. is acting a bit guilty, what wit the reward and everything,
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by donhills(m): 10:30am On Aug 01, 2006
That man,ogunlewe should be questioned seriously,the guy has dirty hands.The only stumbling block is that he is in the top p.d.p hierarchy nd they might just cover it up like bola iges nd dikkibo.GOD HELP US IN THIS COUNTRY.TO MAKE IT WORSE,ITS P.D.P AND P D P.when the other parties start,WE GO RUN FROM THIS COUNTRY OH
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by alheri(f): 11:06am On Aug 01, 2006
Does it matter who killed him? The fact still remains,they've left his children fatherless and his aged mother is gonna have to bury her son. People are so heartless, they didnt have to kill the man. I dont know him personally but it hurts me real bad. God will deal with the perpetrators of this crime!
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by buraimoh(m): 11:18am On Aug 01, 2006
AMEN O! sad cry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Remmzy(m): 2:39am On Aug 02, 2006
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color] If life culb be bought wit cash funso williams wuld still be alive, unfortunately political killing demands for the two, ur money & ur life, Dis is a sympathetic case, May God help us oooooooooo.
Another tin is the interogation & detention of Ogunlewe & Obanikoro, eya wen elephants fight grass suffers, angry angry angry sad shocked embarassed cry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 7:46am On Aug 02, 2006
I believe those guys probably have nothing to do with his death. There is this rumour of a company (of which he is the chairman) whose workers embezzled millions and he threatened to deal with them unless they produced the money. They probably thought of this time as the best to strike back knowing many suspects would come up - political suspects especially. But whichever way, only God can show us the killers.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by otolorin(m): 10:28am On Aug 02, 2006
would av only wished he was only threatened and scolded of the guber-race - if dat was d basis of his murder
and/or forced to resign if it were an official matter!

he'd dead now tho' - n i cant phantom roundin up the culprits!
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by drtess(f): 11:02am On Aug 02, 2006
I believe that all the guys at NMA should be thoroughly investigated, something stinks around there.

Ogunlewe looks like the must visible susoect but somehow i don't believe he is guilty.
He may however be guilty for having a loud mouth and being very lousy!!!!! angry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by woleprof(m): 12:48pm On Aug 02, 2006
There is a new angle to the whole scenario. The NMA issue. actually im still on it. i think we should look beyond political consipiracy.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Remmzy(m): 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2006
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color] The arrow of death that dealt with the political guru Engr. funsho Williams seeems to be pointing to different directions; NMA misappropriation issue, ogunlewe's tussle of power issue, workers embezzlement issue, Obanikoro's interrogation, A.D's great reward & other stuffs, All these also came into light during Bola Ige's Saga, the truth is who amid-st all top hierarchy is justified, I tell you the culprit is somewhere smiling @ Nigerians,
To conclude lets give all cry cry crydiscipline to God, its a matter of time. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Odeku(m): 6:21pm On Aug 02, 2006
Trust me when i say this. this case will be solve and we we all know the answer to the mystery question in couple weeks.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 8:01am On Aug 03, 2006
How I wish. IBB has just been declared the sole presidential candidate of the ACD - Can you imagine? Why are all these killings coming up when IBB indicated interest in Politics?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by woleprof(m): 8:40am On Aug 03, 2006
thats politics with bitterness. sad sad sad sad
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Remmzy(m): 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2006
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color] I DOUBT; cos the politics of nigeria as never solved one good quest before. But we might say,
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2006
The truth of the matter is "Only a killer can fish himself out!" which hardly ever happens. It's like The Police looking for the killers of Tupac.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Odeku(m): 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2006
This case will be solved with the use of biometrics device. example

" it was learnt that they said the analysis of Williams‘s eyes would reveal those he came in close contact with 48 hours before his death.

Though an ocular pathologist and optometrist at Enny Eye Care Clinic, Lagos, Dr. Eniola Ajayi, said that science had not developed to the extent of the eyes of a dead person being able to store images, a search on the Internet revealed that such scientific feats were possible.

The theory that the last images seen by a recently dead person remains recorded in the eyes (the retina, actually), gained the grounds among photochemists in the 1880s.

According to Andre Moenssens‘, the origin of legal photography, which was published in the January 1962 edition of Fingerprint and Identification magazine, one of the fathers of modern (colour) photography, Prof. Hermann Vogel, performed experiments along this line."
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Dinosky(m): 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2006
The news about the death of Willams Funsho was really shocking. Whenever elections and campaigns are closer, things like this are heard every where. My own is that the person that killed him might have been paid heavily to take that risk and it's inhumane for one to commit such an act. This one that the federal govt invited interpol from london shows that they are interested and the deceased happens to be their pally. What happened during the death of Late Bola Ige? Was there any press briefing and police from london. Naija is all about if you belong to the carcus, insurance covers you. It is really a pity that thesame citizens were murdered ,but different approach to investigations.

When will we be free from discriminations and stuffs like that. I don't really know whether to say may his soul rest in perfect peace; someone who was murdered. Anyway i sympathise with the Family.

God will surely save us from all this ritualist and murderers in the name of politics
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Odeku(m): 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2006
lets not forget this is the new police reform hierarchy that is seeking the London MP and Canadian police experts help because we lack diagnosing equipments and biometrics equipments in Nigeria, there are big names behind this murder and someone big will pay the price. the case is still unfolding.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by bolaoni(m): 8:07pm On Aug 03, 2006
@Odeku,

Will a big man go and kill another person? He will definitely send unknown elements to do that. How many thugs/agberos do they know in Lagos?

Even if the images of the killers are recorded, how do they get to them? What if the killers have been flown out of the country?

I'm lipsrsealed on this issue. I pray they get to the root of the issues but if we are all to look at the past, I doubt if anything good will come out of the noise they are all making. Mark it, Ogunlewe will soon be freed because the police have said they can't find anything yet that links him to the murder
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Odeku(m): 8:12pm On Aug 03, 2006
well if and indeed someone send this elements to kill this guy, there are phone records that can be traced. Nigerians are tired of this ignorant killings, and the Gods and the evil is behind us on this case, this one will be solve, I saw the picture and the agony of the aging mother of the deceased and i almost cry. How do you console an elder lady that her son was brutally killed.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 8:18am On Aug 04, 2006
@ Odeku,
Remember Harry Marshall, Abubakar Rimi's Wife, Bola Ige? will those killers ever be found?

Alfred Rewane and Kudirat Abiola's killers were found after the death of Abacha --> not by the police, but by the press.

I don't think the scotland yard can fish out these killers. If Funsho had a camera in his house, it would have been a different story altogether.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by alheri(f): 9:25am On Aug 04, 2006
@christino, you know, having a camera in his house does not gaurantee that he wont get killed which I believe is the main issue here. Yes, it would have been very usefull in tracking down the killers if there was one but that would still have been after his death which is what should have been avoided in the first place. Get my drift?

You know, something occured to me while I was passing through dolphin estate yesterday. We all know that politics everywhere
is a very dirty game and though noone who goes into politics prays to get hurt, its a possibility they should all face. Now looking at the lay out of dolphin estate, I think it was rather careless for Late Engr. Funsho Williams to be in active politics and reside in Dolphin. There is really no general security in that place. And the block he stays in is right beside another of his which is empty. Any one could have gained access to him that way. Now they're suspecting the killers came in through the empty house and the gatemen has not been seen since the murder. 

Honestly I think all the noise they're making about this is only going to make it worse for his family. With all this it would be harder for them to move on. Am not been insensitive but if I was a part of the family I would request that they stop all the investigation. It wont bring back their son, husband and father. What would knowing his killers do for them? It would only make worse there emotional state. What if the killers are known but cant be found? What if the perpetrators have already left the country? What if they now find out its close friend or member of the family? what if this, what if that? There are so many what if's and it will never end. After all the hullaballoo, everyone will go back to thier house and they'd be left alone to pick up the pieces.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Odeku(m): 2:49pm On Aug 04, 2006
It will give them comfort to know the killer and his motives, or who masterminded the killing.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by datsule: 4:19pm On Aug 04, 2006
Can someone help me with the  names and e-mail address of the MD of the 25 consolidated bankd in nigeria
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by tpia: 2:56am On Aug 06, 2006
alheri, do you know something we dont know?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2006
alheri:

Now looking at the lay out of dolphin estate, I think it was rather careless for Late Engr. Funsho Williams to be in active politics and reside in Dolphin. There is really no general security in that place. And the block he stays in is right beside another of his which is empty. Any one could have gained access to him that way. Now they're suspecting the killers came in through the empty house and the gatemen has not been seen since the murder.

If he had a camera in his house, the killers (if not masked) would have been identified and declared wanted, if masked, a clue would have been available. This is a lesson for all "rich" people, get CCTV.

You are aware he is not contesting for the first time, and he did not just move into the Estate. The murder was well planned, well executed but the finishing was woeful. The escape, though was perfect, anyone could have been murdered. I hope you know Abacha was "murdered" right in the safest place in the country.

I've always said there is no safe place in the world, even the grave is not that safe.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by alheri(f): 9:10am On Aug 07, 2006
@christino. The other times he contested. the the house besides his was occupied so gaining entrance from there wouldnt have been that easy. And also, this is Nigeria not some developed country ok?Having a CCTV will only help if the killers were known faces. Its not like the Nigerian police has organised data on all criminals and there finger prints and all that. Havent you heard that they've been raiding area boys in Lagos and taking there finger prints? What if the killers are not even from Lagos. In Nigeria, a wanted person is hardly ever found. Na today?   

@odeku. My dear knowing the killers of their breadwinner can never give them comfort. It will only make them develop bitterness and resentment for the rest of their lives. Believe me, they are better off not knowing. I know!
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 7:38am On Aug 15, 2006
Now that they think they are getting closer to finding his killers, another distraction has just landed. The killers will definitely never be found. NO doubt.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by onas1: 8:09pm On Nov 02, 2007
congrats for ur new job, are dey still recruiting? pls feed back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President / Buhari And A New Nigeria By Etcetera / Fayose Bans All Students Activities And Public Processions In Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.