Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,726 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City (20350 Views)

Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President / Nigeria: 3rd On Africa Millionaire List / Photo: Gov, Abiola Ajimobi Replaces Transformer Removed By Teslim Folarin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by sluvy4tune(m): 7:03am On Sep 15, 2014
[quote author=MichaelAustin][/quote]

So is it the akwa-ibomite that likes school ? Haba bros make you hate for PH no take u go this level a beg,when even with the overhyped uncommon transformational agenda, an average of 6 akwaibomite relocates to PH daily.

If you see roads, fountains as a yardstick for Uyo replacing PH then you are really a bush man
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by oneeast: 8:02am On Sep 15, 2014
Nwanne m forget all the hype Ph is one huge slum with just 3% of it livable(GRA, Dline, Rumugba, Cocaine and few of Shell estates) nothing more. I have an office in that town so I know better. You are in US so we that are in Nigeria will tell you better. PH is just hype because of the oil, there is nothing more. Remove the oil this minute then you will see that the town has no other substance. The poverty in that town is horrible. Don't listen to clowns here.

Uyo is only 2nd to Abuja that is the fact any sincere person will tell you..

OdenigboAroli:

Guy,Uyo will probably surpass PH in the near future but as it stands now PH is ahead.
We,the Igbo has nothing but love for you guys but the truth has to prevail.

Aba,on the other hand has better buildings, more industries and businesses than Uyo but that can still change. Uyo is still a developing town but you guys need a sound administrator to take it where it rightly belong.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 8:06am On Sep 15, 2014
chinazaekperem2: does my state matter in a port harcourt/uyo comparison?

I see.i know u are one of dis guys from a failed state whose duty is only to bad mouth others.why dont u mention ur state and be proud of it.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by chinazaekperem2: 8:07am On Sep 15, 2014
oneeast: Nwanne m forget all the hype Ph is one huge slum with just 3% of it livable(GRA, Dline, Rumugba, Cocaine and few of Shell estates) nothing more. I have an office in that town so I know better. You are in US so we that are in Nigeria will tell you better. PH is just hype because of the oil, there is nothing more. Remove the oil this minute then you will see that the town has no other substance. The poverty in that town is horrible. Don't listen to clowns here.

Uyo is only 2nd to Abuja that is the fact any sincere person will tell you..

I beg to totoally disagree with you, uyo is a town with flyovers and fountains.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 8:09am On Sep 15, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Guy,Uyo will probably surpass PH in the near future but as it stands now PH is ahead.
We,the Igbo has nothing but love for you guys but the truth has to prevail.

Aba,on the other hand has better buildings, more industries and businesses than Uyo but that can still change. Uyo is still a developing town but you guys need a sound administrator to take it where it rightly belong.

Read my first post on this topic and u will see that i never agreed to d op's point of view and will never except akwa grows industrially through foreign direct investment,for now,we are still a civil service state with exception of very industries
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by oneeast: 8:09am On Sep 15, 2014
I didn't say it for you to agree with me..but that is what it is! cool

chinazaekperem2: I beg to totoally disagree with you, uyo is a town with flyovers and fountains.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 8:10am On Sep 15, 2014
Abagworo:

Even with the monorail which I earlier opposed, Amaechi has done marvelously well. He managed his huge allocations much better than Akpabio.

The question is,did he spent 150b on the monorail?
Or is d monorail gonna cost 150b?
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by chinazaekperem2: 8:12am On Sep 15, 2014
nigerianvenom:

I see.i know u are one of dis guys from a failed state whose duty is only to bad mouth others.why dont u mention ur state and be proud of it.
you are getting too emotional about this, I'm not saying akpabio hasn't tried in UYO but uyo has not attained the status the Op purported. The government of akwa-ibom has done its best for uyo, the people of uyo need to do their part to upgrade the city. Take a look @ uyo's skyline, it looks more or less like a remote area with few flyovers (like an expressway bypass). Don't hate me, hate the game.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by oneeast: 8:13am On Sep 15, 2014
Forget the mono rail hype. It is not even up to 1km where he wasted funds that would have turned the state into Silicon Valley. I am actually leaving for PH this morning, I will get first hand info and pictures of the so called white elephant mono rail for you to confirm..

nigerianvenom:

The question is,did he spent 150b on the monorail?
Or is d monorail gonna cost 150b?

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by chinazaekperem2: 8:15am On Sep 15, 2014
oneeast: I didn't say it for you to agree with me..but that is what it is! cool

well, I don't wanna argue further so some people will not say am hating on their state, but bear it in mind that I have spent months in uyo (last year) and I served in PH for a year. Trust me, ph is like 50folds better than uyo.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 8:21am On Sep 15, 2014
chinazaekperem2: you are getting to emotional about this, I'm not saying akpabio hasn't tried in UYO but uyo has not attained the status the Op purported. The government of akwa-ibom has done its best for uyo, the people of uyo need to do their part to upgrade the city. Take a look @ uyo's skyline, it looks more or less like a remote area with few flyovers (like an expressway bypass). Don't hate me, hate the game.

Go back to ur earlier and read what u wrote about uyo,thats where i picked offence.in the last 12 yrs,no state have surpassed aks in development,thats d truth.i know uyo and aks still hav a long way to catch up phc,maybe in d next 10yrs or so with proper planning n investment.phc has bin a long standing city.my grand father had several biznesses in phc,my mum then grew up there with her siblings and most of them work there,so i know ph is an ancientown.but we wil catch up

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 8:27am On Sep 15, 2014
oneeast: Forget the mono rail hype. It is not even up to 1km where he wasted funds that would have turned the state into Silicon Valley. I am actually leaving for PH this morning, I will get first hand info and pictures of the so called white elephant mono rail for you to confirm..

Pls dont fail to do that.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 8:29am On Sep 15, 2014
Abagworo:

Even with the monorail which I earlier opposed, Amaechi has done marvelously well. He managed his huge allocations much better than Akpabio.

Tell us ameachi's developmental project.completed ones and lets debate on dat.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by chinazaekperem2: 8:33am On Sep 15, 2014
nigerianvenom:

Go back to ur earlier and read what u wrote about uyo,thats where i picked offence.in the last 12 yrs,no state have surpassed aks in development,thats d truth.i know uyo and aks still hav a long way to catch up phc,maybe in d next 10yrs or so with proper planning n investment.phc has bin a long standing city.my grand father had several biznesses in phc,my mum then grew up there with her siblings and most of them work there,so i know ph is an ancientown.but we wil catch up
this is what am expecting you to say, sorry if any of my statement hurt you. What uyo needs is investors, people that will come and harness it's potential, so it will have structures and looks of a city. To be sincere with you, uyo cannot catch with PH in ten years.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by MichaelAustin(m): 9:07am On Sep 15, 2014
Abagworo: You can clearly see from this chart the allocation gap between Akwaibom and Rivers and tell me what all this money was used for. Why is there so much poverty and. Little to show? Akwaibom needs liberation from Akpabio.
dis guys are so mad dat a very young akwa ibom of just 27yrs has taken over.
Uyo is d fastest developing city in nigeria. Uyo is only competing wit abuja in terms of modern facilities.
To all d eleme touts an broke a** oil thieves.........overtakin is allowed
akwa ibom has taken over, uyo has taken over

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by ba7man(m): 9:16am On Sep 15, 2014
MichaelAustin:
dis guys are so mad dat a very young akwa ibom of just 27yrs has taken over.
Uyo is d fastest developing city in nigeria. Uyo is only competing wit abuja in terms of modern facilities.
To all d eleme touts an broke a** oil thieves.........overtakin is allowed
akwa ibom has taken over, uyo has taken over
I did just what Abagworo said we should do "Look beyond the roads", what's left behind is scanty settlements.

Where are your central business districts?? Are there no areas of business clusters??

There's so much more to a city than roads and flyovers.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by MichaelAustin(m): 9:50am On Sep 15, 2014
ba7man: I did just what Abagworo said we should do "Look beyond the roads", what's left behind is scanty settlements.

Where are your central business districts?? Are there no areas of business clusters??

There's so much more to a city than roads and flyovers.
PH is an ancient slum an a hype
Uyo is awesomelly beautiful

3 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by MichaelAustin(m): 10:16am On Sep 15, 2014
sluvy4tune:

So is it the akwa-ibomite that likes school ? Haba bros make you hate for PH no take u go this level a beg,when even with the overhyped uncommon transformational agenda, an average of 6 akwaibomite relocates to PH daily.

If you see roads, fountains as a yardstick for Uyo replacing PH then you are really a bush man
since akwa ibom recovered her stolen oil blocs from rivers, dis guys hates anytin akwa ibom. They can steal o, d crime rate in dis slum called ph is threatening, they hates skull dia dream is 2 make it fast tru pipe line vandalism.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Sweetlemon(f): 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Splashme:

Wow . . . . you actually wrote this?
Now I know you are one biggggg Liar!!!

I think what he means is 90% of roads in Akwa-Ibom state as a whole.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
abagoro: Nairalanders like to rain insult on Port harcourt a lot. IMHO the finest cities are
1 Obudu
2 Abuja
3 Calabar
4 Owerri

The major cities are clearly

1 Lagos
2 Abuja
3 Port harcourt

Thats my opinion

y did u remove Enugu? is it not among the finest?

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
nigerianvenom:

Which area in owerri pls?
Where do u have 4lanes in owerri?
Which flyover do u have in owerri?
Is dan ayiam stadium better dan aba stadium not to talk about world class stadium in uyo?
Which hotel is more better rockview hotel around dat round about and can u compare rockview to common royalty or villa marina hotels in akwa ibom not to talk of le meridien?
Pls where in owerri do u have a world class cinema center such as the tropicana galeria in uyo or abi na ibari ogwa u wan take compensate urself?
Stop making mockery of urself.

My opinion sha grin

owerri is still a fine city without all those tnz u mentioned.
The op is talking abt fineness, not composition
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
chinazaekperem2: this is what am expecting you to say, sorry if any of my statement hurt you. What uyo needs is investors, people that will come and harness it's potential, so it will have structures and looks of a city. To be sincere with you, uyo cannot catch with PH in ten years.
@bolded,why?
if ibaka seaport is completed in 2016/17 which we assume and as expected,what do u think will happen?
ibaka seaport is expected to create job to about 100,000 as its being analysed and dont forget that indirectly,the will be growth exponential because those in aba,phc,owerri,ebonyi,CRS and others will prefer using ibaka seaport which will be more closer and cheaper for them.dont forget that it is d deepest seaport without dredging in nigeria,hence,bigger ships dat cant land in lasgidi will go through ibaka.
are u aware that jim ovia's petrochemical plant in ibeno alone will create about 3000 direct job on completion come 2016?
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
Abagworo:

Everyone including you know this truth. People travel from various places to Owerri every weekend. 90% events meant for the Eastern zone is held in Owerri year in year out. December we all bypass Uyo and struggle through the Itu/Calabar road neglected by Jonathan to visit Calabar for holidays even though Uyo is closer.

Finally beyond the over-advertized roads and one or 2 hotels, 90% of roads in Uyo are unmotorable and the houses are slums with rusty roofs.
shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin rozayx5, come and see blasphemy ooooo. ayayayayayayaya.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by rozayx5(m): 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
2sExy1: shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin rozayx5, come and see blasphemy ooooo. ayayayayayayaya.

when i told abagworo that he is anti akwa Ibom progress he did not want to admit, but statements like the blasphemy you see there are the reasons i dont take him as a well wisher, no sane person would make such a statement, even 90% of the streets in Ikot Abasi town are tarred talkless of uyo undecided

3 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by phantom(m): 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
yesterday it was uyo vs lagos then uyo vs ibadan ....now its uyo vs PH......funny people!

uyo has not even beaten calabar in its backyard,na PH??
uyo is no match for osha,aba or even enugu.
the only town in the east one will dare compare uyo with is owerri.

let uyo beat these other places before it comes for PH. thats a bit too ambitious honestly.

uyo is heaven yet the number of akwa ibom families in my neighbourhood at rumuokoro keep increasing by the day.

flyovers and roads alone dont make a city!
can uyo feed its people? no,it cant.

infact add ikot abasi,ikot ekpene and eket to uyo and it still cant match obio akpor in revenue,fun,livability.....just name it.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by brushparke(m): 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
Abagworo:

Everyone including you know this truth. People travel from various places to Owerri every weekend. 90% events meant for the Eastern zone is held in Owerri year in year out. December we all bypass Uyo and struggle through the Itu/Calabar road neglected by Jonathan to visit Calabar for holidays even though Uyo is closer.

Finally beyond the over-advertized roads and one or 2 hotels, 90% of roads in Uyo are unmotorable and the houses are slums with rusty roofs.

You must be living in the new Boko Haram Caliphate. Abi na the same Uyo wey i dey live you dey talk about?Hmmm! Na wa for Nairalanders. Please your next contribution on this thread should be because you have something to say not because "I wan follow talk."

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by pazienza(m): 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
phantom: yesterday it was uyo vs lagos then uyo vs ibadan ....now its uyo vs PH......funny people!

let uyo beat these other places before it comes for PH. thats a bit too ambitious honestly.

uyo is heaven yet the number of akwa ibom families in my neighbourhood at rumuokoro keep increasing by the day.

infact add ikot abasi,ikot ekpene and eket to uyo and it still cant match obio akpor in revenue,fun,livability.....just name it.

So because you have many Akwa ibomites in Ph, it now means that Uyo can't sustain them all?

Your argument is similar to those of the people that assume that because we have many Igbos outside Igboland,it now means that Igboland is not good enough to sustain all of us or that their regions are more developed than Igboland.

That argument my friend is a fallacy.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Abagworo(m): 7:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
rozayx5:

when i told abagworo that he is anti akwa Ibom progress he did not want to admit, but statements like the blasphemy you see there are the reasons i dont take him as a well wisher, no sane person would make such a statement, even 90% of the streets in Ikot Abasi town are tarred talkless of uyo undecided

I still repeat and maintain that majority of the streets in Uyo are not tarred. My hometown Oguta has 100% of its streets tarred but i cant come up to say its better than Owerri which has several untarred streets. Lagos which is by far the most developed city in Nigeria also has very high number of untarred slums. Abuja the FCT is not left out in the slum and untarred street menace. Even Calabar is not left out. A visit to Calabar South or even a little bit off MCC in GRA will have you starring at an untarred slum. The impression of Uyo being given by Akpabio is not reality at all and the poster of this topic went too far in his assumptions.

I noticed a bit of deviation from the topic though. I think the topic seems to focus more on beauty than development. So I wont say Port harcourt is beautiful but its obviously the 3rd most advanced city in Nigeria. As for beauty I've made my stand.

1 Abuja
2 Calabar
3 Owerri
4 Enugu

And like I earlier noted people do go on tour to Owerri and its a choice area for vacation and event hosting in the east. The reason why so much falsehood is being used to cover it is simply because the Governor is not in Jonathan's camp.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by phantom(m): 7:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
pazienza:

So because you have many Akwa ibomites in Ph, it now means that Uyo can't sustain them all?

Your argument is similar to those of the people that assume that because we have many Igbos outside Igboland,it now means that Igboland is not good enough to sustain all of us or that their regions are more developed than Igboland.

That argument my friend is a fallacy.

apples and oranges!!! even if igbo land was heaven,igbos would still migrate. its natural.
the same cannot be said of our ibibio/efik neigbours

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 7:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
Evergreen123:

owerri is still a fine city without all those tnz u mentioned.
The op is talking abt fineness, not composition

i'm not hating on owerri,never will i cos i stayed there for a yr,my uncle got married to an owerri woman and his kids are presently married to imo men n women,so no hating.buh my problem is with that abagworo,he his a confirm liar.owerri is never beautiful than uyo except the beautification started last month.do u know that the okigwe round about was built with moulded blocks and tiles ?i saw it with my eye.have u being to ama usa quaters?that place is worst than a slum in congo.owerri is a town i love despite abagworo's hate on akwa ibom and other south eastern states.

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 7:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
phantom: yesterday it was uyo vs lagos then uyo vs ibadan ....now its uyo vs PH......funny people!

why are u so myopic in ur thought?
what makes u feel ph is better than uyo if not for some oil servicing firm?is the any akwa ibomite that told u he or she is hungry?dont we have poverty in rivers as its applicable in all part of nigeria and africa?have u been to okirika,bonny,etc?is the any place in aks as worst as those places?
agreed,ph is a long standing state and shouldnt be compare to uyo that is just 26yrs getting to 27,but in terms of rapid development,uyo is far ahead and will continue in such speed except ameachi De talkative leaves that office for a sane man to occupy.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
Abagworo:

I still repeat and maintain that majority of the streets in Uyo are not tarred. My hometown Oguta has 100% of its streets tarred but i cant come up to say its better than Owerri which has several untarred streets. Lagos which is by far the most developed city in Nigeria also has very high number of untarred slums. Abuja the FCT is not left out in the slum and untarred street menace. Even Calabar is not left out. A visit to Calabar South or even a little bit off MCC in GRA will have you starring at an untarred slum. The impression of Uyo being given by Akpabio is not reality at all and the poster of this topic went too far in his assumptions.

my friend,dont let me expose u.is it d oguta that i know or d one i dont know?
oguta where many community doesnt have a common electricity transformer and are not connected to the national grid?
why are u embedded with phantom of lies?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From The Burial Of Nasir Zarummai, Ex-Commissioner In Sokoto / APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack / Abia Governor Ikpeazu Inspects Projects In Aba (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.