Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,977 members, 7,952,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:55 AM

Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City (20611 Views)

Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President / Nigeria: 3rd On Africa Millionaire List / Photo: Gov, Abiola Ajimobi Replaces Transformer Removed By Teslim Folarin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by pazienza(m): 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
phantom:

apples and oranges!!! even if igbo land was heaven,igbos would still migrate. its natural.
the same cannot be said of our ibibio/efik neigbours

Ibibio/Efik people would always migrate to Ph and Aba even if Uyo becomes London, they have a history of migrating to those two cities,just as Ndiigbo have history of migrating to anywhere outside Igboland. I think the both scenario are the same.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by destante(f): 7:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
this could be true since uyo is still a smaller town compared to a more cosmopolitan port Harcourt. I hope to relish my nysc in the small town. smiley
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by oneeast: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
Don't even allow anyone talk down on your state- Akwa-Ibom. For the person saying that his state is hosting events in SE- it is a typical lie, it does not host anything as far as SE is concerned. WE are here in the East so we know the whole truth. It does not host anything whatsoever. Tourists and people going on festival vacations are usually going to Uyo or Calabar.

Uyo is only 2nd to Abuja both beauty and otherwise. PH is one huge slum littered with poverty and 'ikwerre type houses' despite the rich oil wealth, though few places are good but they are not up to 3% of the entire state.

Akwa-Ibom is the next big thing to happen to Nigeria..

nigerianvenom:

i'm not hating on owerri,never will i cos i stayed there for a yr,my uncle got married to an owerri woman and his kids are presently married to imo men n women,so no hating.buh my problem is with that abagworo,he his a confirm liar.owerri is never beautiful than uyo except the beautification started last month.do u know that the okigwe round about was built with moulded blocks and tiles ?i saw it with my eye.have u being to ama usa quaters?that place is worst than a slum in congo.owerri is a town i love despite abagworo's hate on akwa ibom and other south eastern states.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
phantom: yesterday it was uyo vs lagos then uyo vs ibadan ....now its uyo vs PH......funny people!

uyo has not even beaten calabar in its backyard,na PH??
uyo is no match for osha,aba or even enugu.
the only town in the east one will dare compare uyo with is owerri.

let uyo beat these other places before it comes for PH. thats a bit too ambitious honestly.

uyo is heaven yet the number of akwa ibom families in my neighbourhood at rumuokoro keep increasing by the day.

flyovers and roads alone dont make a city!
can uyo feed its people? no,it cant.

infact add ikot abasi,ikot ekpene and eket to uyo and it still cant match obio akpor in revenue,fun,livability.....just name it.

it doesn't mean uyo is not fine.
I mean, the fact that u think the ppl are poor doesn't mean the city is not fine.
perhaps, the ppl are lazy, I don't know.
But I know that if they build such roads and bridges in Aba, then leave the rest for the people to handle
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
oneeast: Don't even allow anyone talk down on your state- Akwa-Ibom. For the person saying that his state is hosting events in SE- it is a typical lie, it does not host anything as far as SE is concerned. WE are here in the East so we know the whole truth. It does not host anything whatsoever. Tourists and people going on festival vacations are usually going to Uyo or Calabar.

Uyo is only 2nd to Abuja both beauty and otherwise. PH is one huge slum littered with poverty and 'ikwerre type houses' despite the rich oil wealth, though few place are good but they are not up to 3% of the entire state.

u mean there is no SE state for tourism?
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by oneeast: 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
Do not misunderstand me nwanne, the focus of this thread is Uyo and PH we should not stampede it..

Evergreen123:

u mean there is no SE state for tourism?
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
oneeast: Do not misunderstand me nwanne, the focus of this thread is Uyo and PH we should not stampede it..

OK.
But u know people from pH and akwaibom come to owerri for grooving?
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by oneeast: 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2014
I have never heard of that trend before but I know that people go to Uyo and Calabar for carnivals and other jolly activities..

Evergreen123:

OK.
But u know people from pH and akwaibom come to owerri for grooving?

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by bogtrotter: 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
KillerBeauty: Pishure or adonbilivit

You seriously don't expect him to snap each city now, do you? That would require a chopper..

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
oneeast: Don't even allow anyone talk down on your state- Akwa-Ibom. For the person saying that his state is hosting events in SE- it is a typical lie, it does not host anything as far as SE is concerned. WE are here in the East so we know the whole truth. It does not host anything whatsoever. Tourists and people going on festival vacations are usually going to Uyo or Calabar.

Uyo is only 2nd to Abuja both beauty and otherwise. PH is one huge slum littered with poverty and 'ikwerre type houses' despite the rich oil wealth, though few places are good but they are not up to 3% of the entire state.

thanks chino nwanem.
God bless u for ur fact

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by abagoro(m): 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
nigerianvenom:

my friend,dont let me expose u.is it d oguta that i know or d one i dont know?
oguta where many community doesnt have a common electricity transformer and are not connected to the national grid?
why are u embedded with phantom of lies?

Everywhere in Nigeria has no public power and water supply so Oguta is in Nigeria and is not expected to be different. I only know of Bonny Island and Omoku as the only places with stable power supply in Nigeria.

You can visit this Xmass to ascertain that all our streets are tarred with streetlights.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 10:46am On Sep 16, 2014
abagoro:

Everywhere in Nigeria has no public power and water supply so Oguta is in Nigeria and is not expected to be different. I only know of Bonny Island and Omoku as the only places with stable power supply in Nigeria.

You can visit this Xmass to ascertain that all our streets are tarred with streetlights.

i'm not talking about epileptic power supply.i'm telling dat d are villages there dat do not have electricity at all.stop lying.
so make i leave my town come oguta for xmas?no make me laff

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by abagoro(m): 11:20am On Sep 16, 2014
nigerianvenom:

i'm not talking about epileptic power supply.i'm telling dat d are villages there dat do not have electricity at all.stop lying.
so make i leave my town come oguta for xmas?no make me laff

You will never regret the good time you'll experience.

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by 0rlandoOwoh: 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nigeria is still a 3rd world
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by MichaelAustin(m): 3:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
Evergreen123:

it doesn't mean uyo is not fine.
I mean, the fact that u think the ppl are poor doesn't mean the city is not fine.
perhaps, the ppl are lazy, I don't know.
But I know that if they build such roads and bridges in Aba, then leave the rest for the people to handle
i jst bought a fake NIVEA product an definitely it was made in Aba
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by ROYALD(m): 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2014
G
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by okeke00(m): 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2014
why be say Anambra no dey d list abi dem no get cities there?
F-uck Obiano
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by medi1122(m): 1:08pm On Aug 05, 2020
u most be a very big fool for saying dat hw many ph structure are belt by the state government.dont even talk of roads and flyovers becos u cant count dem .uyo is a capital city developing on it own n less ah forget stop smoking weed before write nonsene again
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Hunchogee: 3:35pm On Aug 05, 2020
Yes oooo
Meanwhile PH as never been in the top 5 beautiful cities in Nigeria na... River state is called the Iraq of Nigeria by CNN..
You can visit the link below to comfirm..
https://www.nairaland.com/5963952/photos-developmental-strides-akwa-ibom

River state has never been a beautiful state in Nigeria na

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Hunchogee: 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2020
WIZGUY69:

You don dey mad i swear.
You too wan open thread.
f-ck you. shocked
Bleep you too, name your city let compare... Nonsense talk
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Hunchogee: 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
dj187:
From the figment of your imagination abi
Bleep you , name your city let compare... Nonsense talk
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Hunchogee: 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2020
kel4soft:
Why is it that non Akwa Ibomites are the ones creaming over the top regards to Uyo.

I don't give a toss about the city, but the OP is funny. Replacing Port Harcourt as one of Nigeria top 3 cities with Uyo is scary and useless.
Ok, a man akwa ibomites and the op is right..
So you fit rest now ok
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Hunchogee: 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2020
chinazaekperem2:
that's what most "UYOITES" are using as yardstick. I have stayed in UYO for few months and its no where near owerri, calabar and enugu not to talk of PH.
Big liar
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Hunchogee: 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2020
rozayx5:

knockout punch grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

well as an Akwa Ibomite i wont call Uyo a city yet, we are still developing, and like someone said earlier we need business parks and the seaport to create jobs and wealth cool cool
I know Abagworo has already arrived with his inbred hate for anything akwa Ibom, i hope rochas has transformed Imo to "amelika" before he looks into our affairs undecided
You don kill that hateful fool

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Hunchogee: 4:00pm On Aug 05, 2020
maimalari:

Ette to uyo road is totally bad. And has cut off. Infact you will suffer alot to access the capital uyo from many parts of akwaibom state.
Ete you are stupid for lying.. Post picture fool
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Hunchogee: 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
oneeast:
Uyo is only next to Abuja..

Uyo here I come next month..
cheesy cheesy
Yes oooo
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Hunchogee: 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2020
nigerianvenom:

Bro,if u checked on my first post on this topic,i didnt really agreed to the op cos i'm an akwa ibomite and akwa ibom is still a civil service state but u cant compare uyo to owerri cos uyo is by far ahead of owerri.uyo is mostly a civil service state with few companies(no blue chip company).
Owerri doesnt have any wide dual carriage way compared to even nwaniba road,their dual carriage ways are like slimmer than abak road from plaza,no big round about such as nnung udoe round about.i've stayed there for a year not quite long and i know owerri so much.my relations inter-marry there.
But aside abj,lagos,phc and maybe kaddy city and awka to some extent,no place in nigeria can be compared to uyo
They beautiful not industrial... PH fine before?

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Hunchogee: 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
nigerianvenom:

Chinaza,ibu onye igbo or ndi ofe?
Pls reply fast.
I have much respect for my igbo brodas so i dont try to malign them,dont push me.go through my post u will noticr or ask chino n co they will tell u.
If u hate akwa ibom dat much,u can relocate.
Is uyo worst dan ur place?
Where do u want to compare uyo exception of d ones i mentioned on my earlier post?
Pls where re u from?
That idiot won't answer you
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Hunchogee: 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
MostIncredibleDFirst:
Psychological emotions that spring from your jealousy over the rapid advancement of another man's city can lead you to commit suicide. WATCH IT!
Honestly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Reasons PDP Will Reclaim Power In 2019 / Lai Mohammed: We Will Regulate, Not Shut Down Social Media / EFCC Arrests 33 Internet Fraud Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.