Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,970 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor - Business (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor (94115 Views)

My Experience With Shoptomydoor / Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor / My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by elex3177: 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hi Nduka/STMD,

Where's my order #82644

Tracking shows the following:

01-07-2016 "Booked to depart USA on next cargo flight on the 09th of Januanry 2016. Estimated to arrive Lagos Sorting Center after customs clearance on the 16th of January and will be available for pick up at your selected pickup center or delivered to your door on or before 21st of January, 2016"

Your email yesterday confirmed my order is now in Lagos, so why can't you deliver it now?

It's Jan 22, 2016 now and nothing has been delivered.

Felix
NG48310

elex3177:
Hi Nduka/STMD,

I paid my order #82644 for shipment via air since Dec 23, 2015 but until now what I read from you is just stories.

Tracking my order showed the following:

12-23-2015 Booked to depart USA on next cargo flight on the 26th of December 2015. Estimated to arrive Lagos Sorting Center after customs clearance on the 02nd of January and will be available for pick up at your selected pickup center or delivered to your door on or before 07th of January, 2016.

01-07-2016 Booked to depart USA on next cargo flight on the 09th of Januanry 2016. Estimated to arrive Lagos Sorting Center after customs clearance on the 16th of January and will be available for pick up at your selected pickup center or delivered to your door on or before 21st of January, 2016

First you told me it is booked to leave on the 26th of Dec 2015, then informed me about the huge volume of deliveries due to holidays so it was rebooked on the following week (2nd Jan 2016), then again rebooked on the 9th of January 2016.

Then yesterday another message: "We regret to inform you that your shipment is being delayed due to US custom clearing, as they are yet to conclude the mandatory routine checks done on all shipments. As a result of the clearing process, your shipment could not depart the US as scheduled."

So it looks likes even I paid for shipment via air cargo, the delivery time just like shipment via sea.

As I can see, my experience with STMD became worst from bad.

Kindly work on the service I paid you ASAP.

Felix
NG48310
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by medleybee(m): 10:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hello Ndukka/STMD,

UNIT NG39682
Delivery 31:
Shipment #95061 is wrongly weighed or calculated in the US warehouse.

The initial weight is 4.70lbs and chargeable weight from UPS is 6.00lbs.

The chargeable weight from #STMD US warehouse shows initial weight 4.70lbs and chargeable weight 18.13lbs.

How come?

Please, I have never had any issue(s) regarding any items before while using #STMD.

NB: This is a camera that worth $17.29.
PLEASE, I CAN'T PAY $102.07 FOR THE SHIPPING.

Please, kindly look into this.

Waiting in anticipation.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by mank1234(m): 12:31am On Jan 23, 2016
Thanks to shoptomydoor. My item arrived, intact and without blemish 3 working days to the date shoptomydoor gave me. Here's my experience as a first timer with stmd, in keeping with my promise.
Tracking of package location is not so robust compared to using other method but you are saved the hassle of having to bother about corrupt customs duty as they handle everything. If you don't care about tracking then this is okay for you: your item might even reach before you blink your eye as mine did after they eventually sent it.

Contrary to my made-believe based on previous various comments on this thread, the customer agents are professional as exemplified in the call I received after my below post - the respondents showed empathy and assured me that it won't happen again. Even the person that delivered the item was very helpful. He still came to deliver the item despite that he couldn't reach me on phone. Stmd wrote one of my numbers wrongly.

Service charge is reasonable and competitive and you'll find it so except if you're unpatriotic (abhor VAT and customs duty).

I shipped a single item so the weight charged was exactly as specified on package delivered to them and there was no consolidation request. I intentionally left it out, because my item is weighty and hence no form of consolidation will reduce actual weight which is way more than dimensional weight.

Will I ship through them again? Yes, I will. Like I suggested before, they need to update their customers on time whenever they encounter delays beyond their control and should update their tracking info at least daily even if there's no change in status. That way, customers would know that his shipment is not abandoned.

Earlier message quoted below is highly regretted. Thanks STMD

mank1234:
Let's pause and ponder:

1) Why does US customs always only delay shoptomydoor's shipment and not MyUS and others? The accessory for the item I shipped through MyUS has arrived despite that it was bought one week after this one.
2) Why is it that whenever there's delay in shipment, it's never shoptomydoor's fault?
3) Why are this guys so full of window dressing: after reviewing my calllog, I realized that the only call I received from this guys was last weekebd from a Nigerian number and no mention was made that my item wasn't shipped and now they are claiming that they called to informed me and I didn't answer (just because I pointed out a discrepancy in their notification)
4) The only reason they ask for your warehouse number is so they can look you up and send you mail and not necessarily to resolve your issue.

Experience is the best teacher, look before you leap.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by callysea: 7:55am On Jan 23, 2016
Hello Nduka/STMD,
There will be no need for my email address. Got my order delivered on the 21st Jan 2016.

Thank you.

shoptomydoor:
All customers were updated via email, please provide us your email to check this.

Thank you.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by johnmobilezima: 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
I'm using STMD for the first time and I'm disappointed in their service so far.

I've had my package with STMD the 16th and I requested it to be shipped through DHL. On that same 16th, I paid $100 through PayPal expecting my package within 2-4 business days as they claimed. After about 2 business days (20th) the money was returned and I was told to make the payment again.

On 20th, I paid again for the DHL Express shipping and I haven't heard from them yet. I expected a DHL tracking number or even a dispatch notification.

I've tried contacting them through chat but they take about 20-30 minutes to reply a chat message. I also called them about it but the representative seemed clueless on the phone and told me I would be contacted when they have more info. Which I haven't been yet.

I paid for DHL Express shipping because I need my package asap and it's been a week since it's been with STMD. I really didn't expect this, poor communication, unresponsive CS.

I hope this gets sorted out asap. Order number #85210

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 8:44am On Jan 25, 2016
Hi Callysea,

We appreciate your feedback.
Thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor for your shopping and shipping needs.

callysea:
Hello Nduka/STMD,
There will be no need for my email address. Got my order delivered on the 21st Jan 2016.

Thank you.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by elex3177: 9:10am On Jan 25, 2016
Hi Nduka/STMD,

Here's the email I received on Jan 21, 2016 "In response to your mail, please note that your shipment was received in our Lagos sorting centre and dispatched for delivery to you.
We appreciate your patience."

And here's the email I received on Jan 23, 2016 "In response to your mail, please note that we were just informed that this shipment is currently in transit to Nigeria as it was part of those shipments that were later released for onward shipping this week.
Kindly note that part of the shipments were allowed to ship before now while the others were released yesterday.
Further updates on this will be communicated to you next week."

Oh come on? Why you keep lying just to provide feedback??

Please tell the truth!!!! Where's my order #82644

Felix
NG48310

elex3177:
Hi Nduka/STMD,

Where's my order #82644

Tracking shows the following:

01-07-2016 "Booked to depart USA on next cargo flight on the 09th of Januanry 2016. Estimated to arrive Lagos Sorting Center after customs clearance on the 16th of January and will be available for pick up at your selected pickup center or delivered to your door on or before 21st of January, 2016"

Your email yesterday confirmed my order is now in Lagos, so why can't you deliver it now?

It's Jan 22, 2016 now and nothing has been delivered.

Felix
NG48310

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 9:17am On Jan 25, 2016
Hi Medleybee,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your feedback, knowing we have always satisfied you makes our day. We will continue to look for ways to improve to serve you better. Your queries will be looked into and we will revert to you soon.
We appreciate your business.

medleybee:
Hello Ndukka/STMD,

UNIT NG39682
Delivery 31:
Shipment #95061 is wrongly weighed or calculated in the US warehouse.

The initial weight is 4.70lbs and chargeable weight from UPS is 6.00lbs.

The chargeable weight from #STMD US warehouse shows initial weight 4.70lbs and chargeable weight 18.13lbs.

How come?

Please, I have never had any issue(s) regarding any items before while using #STMD.

NB: This is a camera that worth $17.29.
PLEASE, I CAN'T PAY $102.07 FOR THE SHIPPING.

Please, kindly look into this.

Waiting in anticipation.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 25, 2016
shoptomydoor:
Hi Writejhn27,

Are you a customer on our platform?
If yes, kindly let us have your unit/order number, we will like to know what your experiences were.
Thank you for choosing shoptomydoor.

I was once a customer but I regret using your service.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 8:42am On Jan 26, 2016
Hi Writejhn,

Thank you for responding.
We would love to be able to resolve this matter for you, but we have not been able to verify that this transaction took place.
Could you please contact us directly so we can collect more information and make sure we turn this experience around?
You can send us an email via contact@shoptomydoor.com or chat live on www.shoptomydoor.com.

writejhn27:

I was once a customer but I regret using your service.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shigoslim(m): 10:11am On Jan 26, 2016
Good morning shoptomydoor. please two items delivered to your warehouse in lagos but yet sent out to my location. The order item are order#83625 and order#83825 which was delivered on 20/01/2016 and 21/01/2016. please any update concerning those items? and when we they be send out to my doorstep ? thanks .

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 12:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
Hi Shigoslim,

Thank you for contacting us. Sure, your request will be looked into and we will revert to you via phone call or your registered email on our platform.
However, please in future send us a direct email via contact@shoptomydoor.com or call 0700 800 8000. We appreciate your business.

shigoslim:
Good morning shoptomydoor. please two items delivered to your warehouse in lagos but yet sent out to my location. The order item are order#83625 and order#83825 which was delivered on 20/01/2016 and 21/01/2016. please any update concerning those items? and when we they be send out to my doorstep ? thanks .
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by henryskywalker2003(m): 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
Dear Nduka/STMD,

Still on your weighing and dimension issue. I recently received some items at the US warehouse and their weights and dimensions were way off. According to FEDEX, they should weigh 1 lbs and 1.4 lbs with dimensions of 8x8x8inches. But after you received them, you quoted and charged me with the following weights of 13.00x12.00x3.00 inches and 11.00x11.00x2.50 inches and a chargeable weight of 5.55lbs. Please, kindly fix this issue soon and please try not to make the same mistake on the last item coming in.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
Dear STMD/Nduka,

There is a reason many of us prefer to register our complaints on social media instead of through emails like you keep asking us to. It is because the replies we usually get via emails can make one very pissed off. I complained here about my items in your warehouse that the dimensions were way off and I also sent an email as regards that. The only positive thing that came out of the email was that you seem to have improved in the response time, but apparently still yet to improve in customer service.

What the hell am I going to do with that silly reply that I got? Did I tell u guys that I never knew of the re-weigh option that you keep suggesting to people to pay for an obvious error on your part? Are your scales and measures the only accurate ones while Fedex and USPS have inaccurate ones?

According to Fedex, my items have dimensions 8x8x8 inches and weights of 1lbs, 1.6lbs and 1.4lbs. Yet, upon arrival at your warehouse, they suddenly measure 13.00x12.00x3.00 inches, 10.00x10.00x3.00 inches and 11.00x11.00x2.50 inches. How you arrived at such a calculation beats the hell out of me.

I know I have said it before, but I really I'm fed up and have given up hope on you guys. I will simply take my business elsewhere. Cos I am starting to think you guys are purposely hiking the figures to make it look big so that for those of us paying thru paypal, it will seem as if you are indeed giving us a discount, whereas you are not.

Keep up the good work with the underhanded practices. It will come back and bite you one day.

For the record, I will at

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
shoptomydoor:
Hi Writejhn,

Thank you for responding.
We would love to be able to resolve this matter for you, but we have not been able to verify that this transaction took place.
Could you please contact us directly so we can collect more information and make sure we turn this experience around?
You can send us an email via contact@shoptomydoor.com or chat live on www.shoptomydoor.com.

There is no need to stress this pls. Have already forgot about the experience so don't let me wake it up again.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 28, 2016
Just got off the phone with a shop to my door customer care agent. This is my first time using them and I daresay it will be my last.
They are so money centric and they wish to charge as much as possible while delivering the least value. Imagine items worth 2.75 and delivery cost of 2.95. And they want to charge 28 or 30 dollars to deliver it by sea to nigeria.
Where's the sense?
The guy kept insisting I clicked the reweigh option.
Anyway, I'lol just work to get all my items and never darken their doorstep again.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by mank1234(m): 10:08pm On Jan 28, 2016

shoptomydoor:
Hi Medleybee,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your feedback, knowing we have always satisfied you makes our day. We will continue to look for ways to improve to serve you better. Your queries will be looked into and we will revert to you soon.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Stormyboss: 5:09am On Jan 29, 2016
I can't take this anymore and i wont advise anybody to make use of this company, I received a shipment on the 11-10-2015 (Delivery 6) of an item i don't need i told STMD to remove the package from my warehouse, i called over 3 times to get Delivery 6 removed from my warehouse on 12-01-2015 STMD Started charging me daily for over stay of the item in my warehouse, Later on 12-22-2015 i got another package delivered to my warehouse, STMD intentionally merged the 2 packages (Delivery 6 and Delivery 9) and started charging me for overstay on both items, i called the customer care again and told them i need the Deliveries Split-ed so i can pay for Delivery 9 alone since they have refused to remove delivery 6 from my warehouse, they customer care agent finally removed delivery 6 from my warehouse but till date i am still billed for over-stay on delivery 9... You can imagine me paying 152 usd for storage charge on an item of 800 usd. my bill keeps increasing daily and i can't take this anymore.... HOW CAN I PAY A TOTAL OF N115,000 ON AN ITEM OF N248,000 how do they expect me to sell it and make profit THIS IS MY TENTH TIME OF USING STMD TO SHIP ITEMS AND I CAN NEVER VOUCH FOR THEM... ANYBODY USING THIS COMPANY FOR BUSINESS IS DOING SO AT HIS/HER OWN RISK.. AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN STMD

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by dearsly(m): 8:21am On Jan 29, 2016
Well with all d negative comments n frustrations here....I have to run 4 safety!!

Access Bank sent me a mail n advertised Shoptomydoor.....Was carried away cus it's from access bank!...

But all that glitters isn't gold!...Already bought goods but it seems God opened this thread for me to see!!

Please my fellow importers, any other reliable(cost effective and good service) freight company??...
Will appreciate!!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by monex(m): 4:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
Hello Shoptomydoor

you need to check your contact phone number. I have called through out today but no one picks. I get an answering machine telling me the call is recorded and the IVR keeps repeating.

I want to come pick up an item tomorrow. please confirm what time you open on saturdays.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by lordkay10(m): 10:13am On Jan 30, 2016
.......Solved
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by seyisanya(m): 9:04pm On Jan 30, 2016
Good evening STMD, kindly help update my UK warehouse, a package from TMLEWIN UK was delivered earlier in the week but my warehouse is yet to be updated. My warehouse number is UNIT NG7950. Many thanks!

Azeez
NG 7950.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 9:18am On Feb 01, 2016
Hi Monex,

Thank you for contacting us. Our customer service line 0700 800 8000 is always open from 9am Monday through Friday. Perhaps you were not able to connect due to netwrok issues. In future if you expereince such again you can use any of our communication channels to reach us. We have the live chat on www.shoptomydoor.com or send us an email via contact@shoptomydoor.com.

monex:
Hello Shoptomydoor

you need to check your contact phone number. I have called through out today but no one picks. I get an answering machine telling me the call is recorded and the IVR keeps repeating.

I want to come pick up an item tomorrow. please confirm what time you open on saturdays.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 9:38am On Feb 02, 2016
Hi Dearsly post,

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. We will like you to kosw that these issues raised here are not the normal experiences encountered by customers. These complaints are random occurences that come up once in a while. For the issues raised here we can assure you that we look into them to ensure that customers do not experience such in future.
Access bank pushed us and that is because they trust our service, just as MasterCard, Visa and PayPal. We offer have provided a viable platform that is providing stress-free shopping and shipping experience to customers.
For further enquiries you can call us on 0700 800 8000, +1 888 315 9027 or email via contact@shoptomydoor.com. You can also chat live on www.shoptomydoor.com.
See testiomies from customers on www.shoptomydoor.com/testimonials.php

dearsly:
Well with all d negative comments n frustrations here....I have to run 4 safety!!

Access Bank sent me a mail n advertised Shoptomydoor.....Was carried away cus it's from access bank!...

But all that glitters isn't gold!...Already bought goods but it seems God opened this thread for me to see!!

Please my fellow importers, any other reliable(cost effective and good service) freight company??...
Will appreciate!!
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by nues1769: 3:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
shoptomydoor:
Hi Dearsly post,

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. We will like you to kosw that these issues raised here are not the normal experiences encountered by customers. These complaints are random occurences that come up once in a while. For the issues raised here we can assure you that we look into them to ensure that customers do not experience such in future.
Access bank pushed us and that is because they trust our service, just as MasterCard, Visa and PayPal. We offer have provided a viable platform that is providing stress-free shopping and shipping experience to customers.
For further enquiries you can call us on 0700 800 8000, +1 888 315 9027 or email via contact@shoptomydoor.com. You can also chat live on www.shoptomydoor.com.
See testiomies from customers on www.shoptomydoor.com/testimonials.php

Random you say, its not random its your trademark. you would be luck not to have issues with them and if want luck but not competence to decide you will have issue with then I can only wish you luck
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 8:27am On Feb 05, 2016
Hi Nues1769.

We apprciate your kind gesture.
Thank you.

nues1769:
Random you say, its not random its your trademark. you would be luck not to have issues with them and if want luck but not competence to decide you will have issue with then I can only wish you luck
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Oniovolee: 11:06am On Feb 08, 2016
I sent a single DVD tape to my Houston address which costs almost nothing during purchase, however, shoptomydoor gave me a $31 bill to ship the DVD tape which is just one, this is so unfair, my original plan was to order for a dozen dvds from Amazon but had to cancel the rest when only one DVD costs a whole $31 dollars to ship to Lagos, not a good deal at all. Yes they do deliver at the end of the day, but such charges doesnt make no sense, I had to opt for the paypal payment promo which gave a minus $20 discount, if not for this promo, my pocket would have bled to death at the mercy of Shoptomydoor

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Mrlekan07034617: 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
Oniovolee:
I sent a single DVD tape to my Houston address which costs almost nothing during purchase, however, shoptomydoor gave me a $31 bill to ship the DVD tape which is just one, this is so unfair, my original plan was to order for a dozen dvds from Amazon but had to cancel the rest when only one DVD costs a whole $31 dollars to ship to Lagos, not a good deal at all. Yes they do deliver at the end of the day, but such charges doesnt make no sense, I had to opt for the paypal payment promo which gave a minus $20 discount, if not for this promo, my pocket would have bled to death at the mercy of Shoptomydoor

What?? Just one DVD Tape for $31? That's really crazy, what if one want's to ship a single laptop? They will charge up to 100dolls I'm very sure.

I was about to change to this shipping company but this will be a U-turn for me.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Mrlekan07034617: 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
Stormyboss:
I can't take this anymore and i wont advise anybody to make use of this company, I received a shipment on the 11-10-2015 (Delivery 6) of an item i don't need i told STMD to remove the package from my warehouse, i called over 3 times to get Delivery 6 removed from my warehouse on 12-01-2015 STMD Started charging me daily for over stay of the item in my warehouse, Later on 12-22-2015 i got another package delivered to my warehouse, STMD intentionally merged the 2 packages (Delivery 6 and Delivery 9) and started charging me for overstay on both items, i called the customer care again and told them i need the Deliveries Split-ed so i can pay for Delivery 9 alone since they have refused to remove delivery 6 from my warehouse, they customer care agent finally removed delivery 6 from my warehouse but till date i am still billed for over-stay on delivery 9... You can imagine me paying 152 usd for storage charge on an item of 800 usd. my bill keeps increasing daily and i can't take this anymore.... HOW CAN I PAY A TOTAL OF N115,000 ON AN ITEM OF N248,000 how do they expect me to sell it and make profit THIS IS MY TENTH TIME OF USING STMD TO SHIP ITEMS AND I CAN NEVER VOUCH FOR THEM... ANYBODY USING THIS COMPANY FOR BUSINESS IS DOING SO AT HIS/HER OWN RISK.. AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN STMD

Oh God, this is a pure criminal act. I feel your pain bro and I will advice to run for your dear life. It made remember MYUS.COM.

Almost the same methodology. They keep debiting ur Visa/MasterCard monthly and they call it "store upkeep" fee.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 1:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hi Mrlekan,

You can go to www.shoptomydoor.com to calculate how much you can ship a laptop. You can ship a laptop for $51.69.
For further enquiries call 0700 800 8000 or email: contact@shoptomydoor.com.

Thank you,

Mrlekan07034617:

What?? Just one DVD Tape for $31? That's really crazy, what if one want's to ship a single laptop? They will charge up to 100dolls I'm very sure.

I was about to change to this shipping company but this will be a U-turn for me.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hi Oniovolee,

Let's have your unit/order number to look into this.

Thanks.

Oniovolee:

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply)

Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate From 1972-2017 Will Amaze You (photos) / Picture Of Biggest Private Mansion In Nigeria? / Free Tutorial On How To Make Money Using Fiverr.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.