Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor - Business (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor (93872 Views)

My Experience With Shoptomydoor / Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor / My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hi Astutechris,

The procurement cost for us to place your order for you varies and you can view the details on this on https://www.shoptomydoor.com/Procurement-Cost.html. You can also see how to use this service on https://www.shoptomydoor.com/Procurement.html.

However, the estimated cost to ship a laptop from US to any address in Onitsha, Nigeria is $56.90 and a customs duty charge of $13. You can use the "get shipping cost" tool on https://www.shoptomydoor.com to get this cost.

Astutechris:
Pls I need urgent response.
How much will it cost to buy this PC and delivered to me in Onitsha?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/HP-COMPAQ-8510p-LAPTOP-2-60-GHz-4-GB-160-GB-522-1680-X-1050-Bluetooth-/252429980261?nav=SEARCH
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by jksxxxx: 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2016
Please I want to know the cost of shipping two Samsung galaxy s6 edge from eBay us to delta state ..and I want to ask the procedure ..would I tell the seller to send to your way house then I pay with master card? Please explain here is the link http://m.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Edge-Plus-SM-G928-V-32GB-Verizon-Unlocked-Smartphone-/272099025180?nav=SEARCH&varId=570908654199
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by seyisanya(m): 1:25am On Aug 06, 2016
Good day STMD,

With reference to shipment #96473, which I paid to be shipped out of my UK warehouse on the 21st July, 2016- I've received the package but there was a discrepancy noticed before I made payment but needed to quickly ship the package out so as to meet up with its need.

The package contained 5 formal TM Lewin shirts and it was shipped EXACTLY in the box that TM Lewin packed them(as received by you). My confusion now is how did the TOTAL GROSS WEIGHT of 4lbs resulted to a TOTAL CHARGEABLE WEIGHT of 9.47lb?

To buttress this, I paid for EXACTLY THE SAME package from TM Lewin, also containing 5 formal shirts of the SAME fabric material and was also shipped in the EXACT box(as received by your personnel) on the 20th February, 2016 and TOTAL GROSS WEIGHT was same as TOTAL CHARGEABLE WEIGHT which was 4lbs.

Clearly, I was over-billed last month.

I understand human errors can occur in any aspect of life which is glaring here but what is paramount is the immediate response to such complaint and necessary refund done in order to strengthen the existing customer-confidence.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Attached are the two invoices and the content of the two shipments as proof.

Regards,
Azeez (NG 7950)
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by seyisanya(m): 1:20am On Aug 07, 2016
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by dandollar1: 12:31am On Aug 08, 2016
seyisanya:
Good day STMD,

With reference to shipment #96473, which I paid to be shipped out of my UK warehouse on the 21st July, 2016- I've received the package but there was a discrepancy noticed before I made payment but needed to quickly ship the package out so as to meet up with its need.

The package contained 5 formal TM Lewin shirts and it was shipped EXACTLY in the box that TM Lewin packed them(as received by you). My confusion now is how did the TOTAL GROSS WEIGHT of 4lbs resulted to a TOTAL CHARGEABLE WEIGHT of 9.47lb?

To buttress this, I paid for EXACTLY THE SAME package from TM Lewin, also containing 5 formal shirts of the SAME fabric material and was also shipped in the EXACT box(as received by your personnel) on the 20th February, 2016 and TOTAL GROSS WEIGHT was same as TOTAL CHARGEABLE WEIGHT which was 4lbs.

Clearly, I was over-billed last month.

I understand human errors can occur in any aspect of life which is glaring here but what is paramount is the immediate response to such complaint and necessary refund done in order to strengthen the existing customer-confidence.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Attached are the two invoices and the content of the two shipments as proof.

Regards,
Azeez (NG 7950)
I posted here sometime last year that this guys charge arbitrarily. It seemed I didn't know what I was saying. It's a Nigerian company,so I'm not surprised.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Denn(m): 6:10am On Sep 09, 2016
dandollar1:
I posted here sometime last year that this guys charge arbitrarily. It seemed I didn't know what I was saying. It's a Nigerian company,so I'm not surprised.

They also charge you multiple times for the same ship.

You can view my thread for details

https://www.nairaland.com/3336538/shoptomydoor-bad-experience-caveat-emptor
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by linuxtech2: 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
My account is disable on your website, please kindly help me look into this
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by johnsonsegxy: 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2017
What a fucking experience with a fucking company...
Igbo thieves...

Use them at your own risk
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by johnsonsegxy: 4:08pm On Dec 16, 2017
If i know this would happen to me and i have seen this thread earlier, i won't even go an inch in using this ffvcking company.. The igbo thieves there are just doing business with people packages.. They will try to sell your goods and start giving u flimsy excuses blah blah blah..

Hell of a company.. See the day i will just try to come to that your office with my Army friends. One hands must break for eating my package.

Shityy peoples ple
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by BlackPantherxXx: 2:33am On Aug 12, 2018
johnsonsegxy:
What a fucking experience with a fucking company...
Igbo thieves...

Use them at your own risk

WOW...was thinking of using them shocked shocked shocked

Why a dead thread?
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by ivoryhouse(m): 12:58am On Sep 10, 2018
undecided
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by ivoryhouse(m): 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2018
Hello, I have been shipping with shoptomydoor for over 4 years. The experience has been good until recently. Shoptomydoor delivers and a bit timely too but just don't let your items stay beyond 14days..oops, 21 days ( I actually have items in their warehouse, till date that they started billing me after 14 days and when I pointed out to them that they advertised 21 days, they did some abracadabra and said they reduced storage charges), they will use mysterious charges and make you abandon the goods, while they still bill you in your warehouse even after they have auctioned the items off!

Anyways, back to my present issues...they used to charge a little over $3 / pound until recently when the took it up to over $4 / pound, without informing their customers. I introduced a friend to shoptomydoor and we ordered items. Our 21 day storage elapses tomorrow and shoptomydoor is asking her to pay N42,237.65 for clearing,duty,and local handling while the shipping cost is N44,332.90. There is no hazmat in the shipment. They have been giving really shoddy reasons why its so much higher than their advertised 10% of actual price.

They asked her to change the delivery address so the cost will reduce. She did this, and the reduced the shipping cost while the other cost remained as is. Shoptomydoor, you have to do better than this. I have introduced over 10 friends who have shipped out and I'm really disappointed at this new trend.

I have my own issues with you and I will created a separate thread when I'm ready. For now, kindly sort out my friend's issues before the 21 day period elapses. Her unit number is UNIT NG131944. I've uploaded the cost for all to see.

I haven't said you should not deal with shoptomydoor, just read their terms and never ever let your items stay beyond the 21 day period as their advertised rates of calculating demorrage are nowhere near their real calculations. Moreover, they'd rather auction your items than accept any kind of offer from you.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2018
Hello, we offer 21 days free storage for items in the warehouse. We send out notifications to customers when the free storage days are expiring so they can make payment for the shipment in order not to incur demurrage which is calculated as $0.1/lbs/day.
Items are charge for storage after the free days given expires as we also pay for space.
When we have new changes on the site, we inform our customers via newsletters. You might not get it, if you have unsubscribed from this.
We notified customers in June about the 100% increase in clearing charge due to customs and the changes took effect immediately. Hence this affected the shipping rates.
The value/cost of your item does not determine the shipping cost. It is only used to calculate the duty which is 10% of the value of the item you are shipping.
Also, when you change your delivery address, it only affects the shipping cost of your items as the variable for calculating the clearing, duty and local handling cost is fixed.
The customer with the unit number NG131944 has made payment for her shipment after we explained the shipping cost.
If you have any clarification or pending request, please send a mail to contact@shoptomydoor.com or call us on 0700 800 8000 or chat us on whatsapp; 08135414956 for faster response.

ivoryhouse:
Hello, I have been shipping with shoptomydoor for over 4 years. The experience has been good until recently. Shoptomydoor delivers and a bit timely too but just don't let your items stay beyond 14days..oops, 21 days ( I actually have items in their warehouse, till date that they started billing me after 14 days and when I pointed out to them that they advertised 21 days, they did some abracadabra and said they reduced storage charges), they will use mysterious charges and make you abandon the goods, while they still bill you in your warehouse even after they have auctioned the items off!

Anyways, back to my present issues...they used to charge a little over $3 / pound until recently when the took it up to over $4 / pound, without informing their customers. I introduced a friend to shoptomydoor and we ordered items. Our 21 day storage elapses tomorrow and shoptomydoor is asking her to pay N42,237.65 for clearing,duty,and local handling while the shipping cost is N44,332.90. There is no hazmat in the shipment. They have been giving really shoddy reasons why its so much higher than their advertised 10% of actual price.

They asked her to change the delivery address so the cost will reduce. She did this, and the reduced the shipping cost while the other cost remained as is. Shoptomydoor, you have to do better than this. I have introduced over 10 friends who have shipped out and I'm really disappointed at this new trend.

I have my own issues with you and I will created a separate thread when I'm ready. For now, kindly sort out my friend's issues before the 21 day period elapses. Her unit number is UNIT NG131944. I've uploaded the cost for all to see.

I haven't said you should not deal with shoptomydoor, just read their terms and never ever let your items stay beyond the 21 day period as their advertised rates of calculating demorrage are nowhere near their real calculations. Moreover, they'd rather auction your items than accept any kind of offer from you.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by willola28: 11:01am On Sep 25, 2018
Shoptomydoor started off as a great company.. But they've really gone down the drain in the last couple of months. Since the beginning of this year. Their charges are very expensive and they don't deliver at the promised time.. They always say 6-10 days delivery date. But most times they don't deliver.

I am expecting an item from them for over 3 weeks now. I paid for this item on the 5th of September, I reluctantly paid for that shipment because it was so expensive and the size and dimensions given to most of the packages were false, As you know, when you order from Amazon, you most times already know the size and dimension of your item, When it gets to Shoptomydoor warehouse, Those sizes and dimension gets higher.. I didn't mind. I needed my item sharply as there were some medicine in that package crucial to my health. I didn't really have time to argue with customer care agents that are like robots or automated voice systems.

It's been 3 weeks now, Every week is a new story of shipment delays. Other foreign companies will compensate customers for delays of this nature. But Noo, Not shoptomydoor. But they are very quick to over charge you for items.

Amazon now ships most items directly to Nigeria. almost the same price as shoptomydoor. According to my research, Amazon is just about 5-10 dollars more expensive than shoptomydoor shipping wise. And you get your item with Fedex or Dhl in less than 5 days as they get shipped immediately.

And before anyone asks, I have been a customer for over 5 years. accumulating over 3k dollars in shipping fees over that time..

Really liked this company, but the truth has to be said. My unit number is NG22900. If they need to check anything

Thanks.

shoptomydoor:
Hello, we offer 21 days free storage for items in the warehouse. We send out notifications to customers when the free storage days are expiring so they can make payment for the shipment in order not to incur demurrage which is calculated as $0.1/lbs/day.
Items are charge for storage after the free days given expires as we also pay for space.
When we have new changes on the site, we inform our customers via newsletters. You might not get it, if you have unsubscribed from this.
We notified customers in June about the 100% increase in clearing charge due to customs and the changes took effect immediately. Hence this affected the shipping rates.
The value/cost of your item does not determine the shipping cost. It is only used to calculate the duty which is 10% of the value of the item you are shipping.
Also, when you change your delivery address, it only affects the shipping cost of your items as the variable for calculating the clearing, duty and local handling cost is fixed.
The customer with the unit number NG131944 has made payment for her shipment after we explained the shipping cost.
If you have any clarification or pending request, please send a mail to contact@shoptomydoor.com or call us on 0700 800 8000 or chat us on whatsapp; 08135414956 for faster response.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by KDJA: 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
Did you let them know that they calculated the demurrage from the 15th day instead of the 22nd day? I think you should let them know so they can rectify it. Truth be told when it comes to affordable shipping from US to Nigeria, they are one of the few companies out there that provide very cheap shipping cost, plus they allow you saving on shipping cost by allowing you combine all your items and ship them as one, unlike most other shipping companies do where they ship your items individually as they arrive at their warehouse. There was one time I had issues with one of the many items shoptomydoor helped me ship, I brought their attention to this and to my surprise I was fully compensated, that was the first time ever a logistic company compensated me for damages done to my items, for this single act, I’ll keep using them and hope the quality of the shipping standard doesn’t fall and it keeps improving, just reach out to their customer service and they will be of tremendous help to you, as they were to me.

ivoryhouse:

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by deafeyez: 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
bigtt76:
Signature is just a link to their affiliate reward scheme just like Konga and the rest do grin I don't work with them. Instead ask me how you can get more benefits from using them instead of attacking them. I've used both their e-Procurement (they shop for you) before I got my card and started purchasing on my own.

I've never had delays with them and I get my stuff delivered at my doorstep. I'm not fronting for them though but when you get good service you just can't afford to see others lagging behind do you?

Why did you remove it from your signature.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by bigtt76(f): 5:00pm On Sep 28, 2018
I stopped shipping en-bulk but I got a better shipping agent here on NL - OnePunchMan grin

deafeyez:

Why did you remove it from your signature.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by OnePunchMan: 5:54pm On Sep 28, 2018
bigtt76:
I stopped shipping en-bulk but I got a better shipping agent here on NL - OnePunchMan grin

Thank you for your kind words sir. Even tho this week nlc and weather have conspired to want to embarrass me..

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by deafeyez: 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2018
bigtt76:

Oh great.

Do they ship from China?
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by bigtt76(f): 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2018
Mostly USA (Amazon) but you can get other reliable shoppers for the China route.

deafeyez:

Oh great.

Do they ship from China?
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by bigtt76(f): 6:53pm On Sep 28, 2018
We give God the thanks and glory. This too shall pass.

OnePunchMan:

Thank you for your kind words sir. Even tho this week nlc and weather have conspired to want to embarrass me..
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by deafeyez: 8:38pm On Sep 28, 2018
bigtt76:
Mostly USA (Amazon) but you can get other reliable shoppers for the China route.

I will appreciate if you mention them to me please.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by bigtt76(f): 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2018
Try Mayorall

deafeyez:

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by bigtt76(f): 10:37am On Sep 29, 2018
Try Mayorall... Search here for his thread.

deafeyez:

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by deafeyez: 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2018
bigtt76:
Try Mayorall... Search here for his thread.

You are a darling.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by willola28: 12:32pm On Oct 02, 2018
UPDATE:

My items arrived and they were in good condition. They explained about the delays they had and they were able to convince me. As a business man myself, I understand sometimes in business there are somethings out of your control, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

I was also educated on how i can cut shipping costs which i didn't previously know about

Going forward, i will be using these services.

Thank You

willola28:
Shoptomydoor started off as a great company.. But they've really gone down the drain in the last couple of months. Since the beginning of this year. Their charges are very expensive and they don't deliver at the promised time.. They always say 6-10 days delivery date. But most times they don't deliver.

I am expecting an item from them for over 3 weeks now. I paid for this item on the 5th of September, I reluctantly paid for that shipment because it was so expensive and the size and dimensions given to most of the packages were false, As you know, when you order from Amazon, you most times already know the size and dimension of your item, When it gets to Shoptomydoor warehouse, Those sizes and dimension gets higher.. I didn't mind. I needed my item sharply as there were some medicine in that package crucial to my health. I didn't really have time to argue with customer care agents that are like robots or automated voice systems.

It's been 3 weeks now, Every week is a new story of shipment delays. Other foreign companies will compensate customers for delays of this nature. But Noo, Not shoptomydoor. But they are very quick to over charge you for items.

Amazon now ships most items directly to Nigeria. almost the same price as shoptomydoor. According to my research, Amazon is just about 5-10 dollars more expensive than shoptomydoor shipping wise. And you get your item with Fedex or Dhl in less than 5 days as they get shipped immediately.

And before anyone asks, I have been a customer for over 5 years. accumulating over 3k dollars in shipping fees over that time..

Really liked this company, but the truth has to be said. My unit number is NG22900. If they need to check anything

Thanks.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by ee3535: 11:27pm On Oct 02, 2018
[i][/i]Please help me tell Shoptomydoor to replace my goods.this is making it the fourth time they are stealing my goods no goods and no refund of money.since 24th of September a pocket watch [b][/b]was delivered to them and now they are telling me to send them the link to replace my goods last month was galaxy s8 now is pocket watch please Shoptomydoor via American airsea cargo are robbers in disguise
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Princepitbull(m): 11:43pm On Oct 15, 2018
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Blakjewelry(m): 2:43pm On Nov 02, 2018
deafeyez:

Oh great.

Do they ship from China?
there are tons of China shippers here on nairaland na, and most of their charges are uniform and accurate I have being using some of them for ages, air freight clearance is not more than N500 and shipping fee is peg around 10 dollar per kg it is only only us that is giving me problem imagine shotomydoor charging me more than 50k for for 70 goods if it China it won't be more than 18k
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by djkaneo(m): 11:19pm On Nov 09, 2018
As I type this now, Shoptomydoor is trying to rip me off. The money in question is small, but business is business and when a company has a policy that guides it, they should stick to it. Let me see how it goes, before I bring everything on here; screenshots, chats, e.t.c.
I'll also take it to Twitter, Facebook, LIB, Google. It's high time they are brought to book. This nonsense must stop.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Blakjewelry(m): 12:37am On Nov 10, 2018
djkaneo:
As I type this now, Shoptomydoor is trying to rip me off. The money in question is small, but business is business and when a company has a policy that guides it, they should stick to it. Let me see how it goes, before I bring everything on here; screenshots, chats, e.t.c.
I'll also take it to Twitter, Facebook, LIB, Google. It's high time they are brought to book. This nonsense must stop.
lol them don do you too? I bought some item in the us and use their calculator to do the math. the package is 5.5lbs but by the time the package got to their warehouse in us these started calculating by the size of the package which rack it up to a whooping 24 plus lbs. can you imagine? infact their price is more than what the company wanted to charge using UPS. I thought I will be shipping lower with them but I was wrong. I know they will try to explain their bs but time will tell. I have been shipping from China for years now, all the agent I have been using have similar shipping and clearing charge. imagine these charging me close to 55k for something that shouldn't be more than 18k

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria (Photos) / Picture Of Biggest Private Mansion In Nigeria? / Free Tutorial On How To Make Money Using Fiverr.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.