Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,659 members, 7,816,688 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students (60051 Views)

Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) / Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? / Polytechnics Barred From Admitting Business, Art Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
tuwayz: please give me your number for me to add you on whatsapp
sowi ma Whatsapp is not Functionin now.buh i wl gv u as soon as its owk
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Moblord(m): 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
Yes I suggest we create a whatsapp groupchat for the lesson
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
Moblord: Yes I suggest we create a whatsapp groupchat for the lesson
Dah Would B kul...Ummm moblord wah course u aspiring 4?? Nd waht skul??
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
Umartins1:

I remain on my two tentacles to support my claims.

Has is singular, had is plural. Have is the past tense of both.

Seun Osewa had verified his account.

Seun Osewa have clarified his account.

Which is correct if I'm referring to the past?
Not an english savvy but to be honest, The use of had, has and have, gave me a run for my money.

My understanding of these verbs is that "had" is the past participle of have and has. One thing that makes it stand out amongst have and has is that the rule of concord doesn't apply to it.

"Have" is a plural verb and going by the rule of concord, should agree with a plural noun/pronoun save for the use of "I". E.g They have a book..

Has on the other hand is a 3rd person singular so should go with a singular noun/pronoun.E.g He has a book.

From your question, Seun Osewa is a single entity need I say a singular noun so the correct past tense should be
"Seun Osewa has clarified his account"

thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
benjaminbest, I have an exam slated for next month that's why I'm here. grin.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by PrinceCEE(m): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
ahika:

omomo leleyi. Filé. When you don't know and you don't know that you don't know bt thinking that you know and refusing to know den you'll never grow.

And what point are u trying to bring out here bro

Am I wrong in trying to correct the guy.

#I dnt understand this sarcasm of urs#
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
hey guys sori for my absentism i was kind of hook up with many tix............back to d question dat i set is not soup is soap..........also tanks to chem who has volunteer to offer me a helping hand i was kind of furstrated seeing no comment or likes after update so i decided to hold back for sometime and see what ur reaction will b.......guys because of my work i can not schedule d days of writing or dropping update....but on first of october i will make everything clear.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
please i will answer all ur questions tomoro keep it coming. I will take out time to update chemistry tommorrow
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
Benjaminbest: hey guys sori for my absentism i was kind of hook up with many tix............back to d question dat i set is not soup is soap..........also tanks to chem who has volunteer to offer me a helping hand i was kind of furstrated seeing no comment or likes after update so i decided to hold back for sometime and see what ur reaction will b.......guys because of my work i can not schedule d days of writing or dropping update....but on first of october i will make everything clear.
u wlcme Bro
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 5:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
Wuld also lyk 2 tel u guys mostly Topics Dah Jamb Do Set Deir Maths Question
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 5:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
chimhigher: Dah Would B kul...Ummm moblord wah course u aspiring 4?? Nd waht skul??
........welcome bro tanks for ur assistance. D idea of creating a whatsapp group is not supported by me. Once u update here even in d next few months it will still be here. But if u want to kick against these feel free to carry on am not stopping u
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
I didnt stress much wen reading maths 4 jamb..i jes brought my 2012 nd 2013 jamb past questions nd i saw dah many Tnz wer common. For example mostly 4rm 35-50 deals wth differentiation,integration,mean,variance,probability,mode,standard deviation..20-30 mostly deals wt Equations...Gradient,Equation of a line,geometry,distance btween lines E.t.c...While Number 1-20 deals randomly wt Number bases,Ap and Gp,Indices nd Logarithm,variation,angles nd area...HOPE I HELPED
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 5:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
Benjaminbest: ........welcome bro tanks for ur assistance. D idea of creating a whatsapp group is not supported by me. Once u update here even in d next few months it will still be here. But if u want to kick against these feel free to carry on am not stopping u
Yah Bro u made a Loud Point..didnt Even tink of Daht..I agree wt u
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Moblord(m): 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
chimhigher: Dah Would B kul...Ummm moblord wah course u aspiring 4?? Nd waht skul??
Information Technology, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Moblord(m): 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
chimhigher: I didnt stress much wen reading maths 4 jamb..i jes brought my 2012 nd 2013 jamb past questions nd i saw dah many Tnz wer common. For example mostly 4rm 35-50 deals wth differentiation,integration,mean,variance,probability,mode,standard deviation..20-30 mostly deals wt Equations...Gradient,Equation of a line,geometry,distance btween lines E.t.c...While Number 1-20 deals randomly wt Number bases,Ap and Gp,Indices nd Logarithm,variation,angles nd area...HOPE I HELPED
U studied Jamb wella
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by ahika(m): 5:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
PrinceCEE: ...

And what point are u trying to bring out here bro

Am I wrong in trying to correct the guy.

#I dnt understand this sarcasm of urs#

jst leave the guy since he doesn't want to take correction. He thinks his notion is incorrigible. His JAMB result will tell cheesy
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
ahika:
jst leave the guy since he doesn't want to take correction. He thinks his notion is incorrigible. His JAMB result will tell cheesy
Hahahaha Abi
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 6:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
Moblord: U studied Jamb wella
hahaha Jamb Do me strong tin 4 2years..i gas study am ooo
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by UromOta(m): 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
pls how can i get jamb syllable for this year?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
UromOta: pls how can i get jamb syllable for this year?
Wen U buy d Form it wl b gven 2 u...in dics format tho
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by fasodecapo(m): 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
I'll be more than willing to contribute my own little quota towards helping you jambites especially in mathematics and probably physics and chemistry. Feel free to ask questions and ok try as much as possible to provide detailed solutions to them by God's grace! But first and foremost, take these little questions as warm- up
1) The probability that a man and his wife will live for 80 years are 2/3 and 3/5 respectively.find the probability that at least one of them will live for 80 years.

2) find the value off x if the angles of a polygon are given as x, 2x, 3x and 5x

3) if @ = 135, evaluate cos@ in surd form.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 8:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
tanks for d correction my people i really appreciate. But also note dat am not a master of all. I have plan d timetable and will post it tommorrow. Other volunteers feel free to drop sometin anytime anyday but pls try to edit before posting to avoid errors.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by tuwayz(m): 8:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
chimhigher: Wuld also lyk 2 tel u guys mostly Topics Dah Jamb Do Set Deir Maths Question
what about chemistry bro? And also when you are writing CBT as a science student are you given a plain paper for calculations?

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Linafloxy(f): 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
nice peice dude keep it up nd may God see u all tru
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
CHEMISTRY
Nature of matter * seperation techniques

Matter is anything that has mass and occupy space. By this definition we see that almost everything is made up of matter.e.g plant, table,linafloxy,chim,dog to mention but few.u as a human being u has mass and u occupy space dat makes u a matter. If u drop your phone on d table it will occupy space dat makes it a matter. Matter is built up of atoms, molecules and ion.
DO U UNDERSTAND! GOOD.
STATES OF MATTER
matter can exist in three physical states. Namely.....solid, liquid and gas. A solid has definite shape and volume. Try to take up any solid material it may b stone u will notice dat it has shape and volume. Liquid has no shape it takes d shape of a container.but liquid has volume for example if u pour water inside a cup that water will take d shape of that cup if u pour it into a plate it will take that shape. gas has no volume or shape e.g oxygen gas.
physical properties include
boiling point
melting point
density
hardness
malleability
crystalline
etc
chemical properties include
rusting
fermentation
decay
dissolution
etc
chemical changes
these are changes which is not easily reversibl in which new substance are formed e.gd burning of wood will form a new substance which is ash and dat ash cannot become wood again
physical changes
these are changes that can can be reversible in which no new substance are formed e.g d dissolution of sait in water will not form new substance and d salt can be regain. Please am stopping here for today if u have any question or correction feel free to ask and dont forget to drop ur comment

questions
.....is a general solvent which can exist in d three states of matter
A. Kerosine
B.water
C.turpentine
D.non of d above

haemetite is an ore of ......
A.lead
B.iron
C.zinc
D.copper

deliquisent substance are use for.....
A.weeing
B.metting
C.drying
D.dying

d properties which make alcohol soluble in water is because of it
A.hydrogen bond
B.convalent bond
C.ionic bond
D. Electrostatic bond

a consequence of global warming is.....
A.air pollution
B.water pollution
C.land pollution
D. Non of d above

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 12:25am On Sep 22, 2014
Am in! Sitting on the principle of constant Oscillation! Which is TIME!
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 12:59am On Sep 22, 2014
H20(l) is an example of what type of compound...?
No Option!
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 4:03am On Sep 22, 2014
H20 is d formula for water and by definition compound contain at least two element, and that makes it a binary compound
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 8:20am On Sep 22, 2014
Benjaminbest: H20 is d formula for water and by definition compound contain at least two element, and that makes it a binary compound
well u ve tried sire!
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 8:54am On Sep 22, 2014
guy pls what is d correct answer?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 9:10am On Sep 22, 2014
tuwayz: what about chemistry bro? And also when you are writing CBT as a science student are you given a plane paper for calculations?
Yah We Wer gven calculators and plane paper 2 calculate
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by tuwayz(m): 9:30am On Sep 22, 2014
chimhigher: Yah We Wer gven calculators and plane paper 2 calculate
ok thanks bro, what about the time? How many hours are given?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) / Faith Omodon, Missing Delta Student 'Spotted In Her Boyfriend’s Residence' / Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.