Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,611 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students - Education (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students (60041 Views)

Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) / Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? / Polytechnics Barred From Admitting Business, Art Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Blaqsmith(m): 7:22am On Nov 03, 2014
kelvindim:
ANTONYMS
Choose, from the questions below, the nearly opposite in meaning to the spaced words.

1. Chizzy94 should not have made
derogatory
remarks about the food offered him by his host, Kelvindim (sey my food no sweet ni?!). undecided

a. Complementary
b. Complimentary
c. Polite
d. Appetizing

2. That Mr Avuakporuaroro (the name though; almost bit my tongue pronouncing) is a
skinflint
young man.

a. Kind
b. Slim
c. Hungry
d. Handsome

3. It is flabbergasting to see benromeo39
condoning
instead of ______ such gross behaviour from his crush "Aphrodite".

a. Disliking
b. Blaming
c. Condemning
d. Disparaging

4. Newly ordained (only God knows who ordained him) Pastor Neldrizzy gave his speech at his sermon
word for word
from the Holy Bible while eye'ing pweetyz from one corner in the congregation.

a. Extempore
b. Brevity
c. Unison
d. Prologue

5. Graduates nowadays suffer from a
dearth
of job opportunities in recent times.

a. Scarcity
b. Abundance
c. Aversion
d. Chance

6. For a post on Nairaland to have its desired comprehension it has to be
explicit
not _____

a. Coherent
b. Vague
c. Wordy
d. Difficult

7. Whenever pweetyz eats plantain(dodo) she becomes
vivacious
rather than being _____ cheesy

a. Veracious
b. Voracious/b][
c. Loqucious
d. Moody

8 Jamb's murdering this year though, to some candidates it's a total
fiasco
while others experienced _____

a. Disappointment
[b]b. Success

c. Failure
d. Fidelity
From the words lettered A-D, choose the one that best completes each of the following sentences

9. Let the boy ____ in the way he ___ (hint: Concords)

a. Behaves/Likes
b. Behave/Likes
c. Behave/Like
d. Behaves/Like

10. The man asked if I ____ my race.

a. Have run
b. Have ran
c. Had run
d. Had ran

11. After kulkatty had worked strenuously doing home chores and the likes for good six hours, all she could do was _____

a. Strut
b. Trudge
c. Run
d. Watch Naruto tongue

12. It is made known that freshers are _____ to start getting their documents in order for the forthcoming, stress-filled, body exhausting physical clearance to be done ”God knows when”.

a. Adviced
b. Advised
c. Advice
d. Advise

13. Naijaboiy _____ Marieolae's feelings last night. cry

a. Hurt
b. Hurts
c. Hurted
d. Was hurting

14. You can have _____ of these two new iphone6/iphone6 plus. grin

a. Some
b. None!!!
c. Either
d. Any

15. The wet panties _________ on the rope outside to dry.

a. Were hanged
b. Were hung
c. Was hung
d. Was hanging
Answer all questions! It'll do you a great deal if you don't fail any.
You can bash on for all I care! tongue grin grin

Just an idea of mine...

Pls correct me of my wrongs
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 03, 2014
kelvindim:

11. After kulkatty had worked strenuously doing
home chores and the likes for good six hours, all she
could do was _____
a. Strut
b. Trudge
c. Run
d. Watch Naruto

LOL grin grin
The answer is sooooooo D tongue
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by kelvindim(m): 8:34am On Nov 03, 2014
Blaqsmith:

Just an idea of mine...

Pls correct me of my wrongs
I'd score you a 7/15 due to multiple shadings on some questions. Be explicit next time on your shadings, it's either you enbold or strike your answers, not having both on a question.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by kelvindim(m): 8:46am On Nov 03, 2014
kulkatty:

LOL grin grin
The answer is sooooooo D tongue
Lol cheesy
I sure knew you'd go with that option. Although it's sorta like a dual optionized question, still you wouldn't just do without that option 'd'. Mere conjectures of mine shows that you might even be watching Naruto at the time of your post, hence making it a total wastage of your time answering the rest. I'd score you a 1/15. tongue tongue
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Blaqsmith(m): 9:51am On Nov 03, 2014
kelvindim:
I'd score you a 7/15 due to multiple shadings on some qustions. Be explicit next time on your shadings, it's either you enbold or strike your answers, not having both on a question.

D ones I stroke were either incorrect words or wrong spellings.

Thanks anyway.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:26am On Nov 03, 2014
U guys should help ur boy win a medical writing contest o..Abeg o..
Jux like my article on the Facebook page below..
When the page opens, scroll down and click on show more- A new page opens to show more posts..
My article is about the forth article there... The title is "An Open Letter to All Medical School Aspirants: What you Need to Know about the Path of Medicine"..
Like the article on fb and then go on to read it..
Thanks a lot..
This is d link to d fb page.. https://m.facebook.com/jpmsonline?v=timeline&page=1&sectionLoadingID=m_timeline_loading_div_1417420799_0_36_1&timeend=1417420799&timestart=0&tm=AQAbSOqqYnu1t1dE&refid=17
The name of d contest is d JPMS online writing contest..
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by kelvindim(m): 10:28am On Nov 03, 2014
Blaqsmith:

D ones I stroke were either incorrect words or wrong spellings.

Thanks anyway.
Regardless, you needn't have done that, what if it were to be a question set by an examiner? Believe you me, in most cases you'd see such tricky words as options, what then will you do? Strike them off? C'mon, you just tick the correct option and let those you think is a wrong spelling rot. wink
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:28am On Nov 03, 2014
I wrote another article which has also been accepted.. Its title is "Deleterious Effects of Mobile Phone Radiation"..This one has not been posted on fb yet...But u can still read it by clicking this link.
http://blogs.jpmsonline.com/2014/11/02/the-deletrious-effects-of-mobile-phone-radiations/
Thanks a lot
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by pweetyz(f): 3:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hehehe..instead of me to give answers to the questions i'm here laughing..
yay..i was mentioned twice,.i deserve a plantain jhor..don't forget the eggs woh grin
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
kelvindim:
ANTONYMS
Choose, from the questions below, the nearly opposite in meaning to the spaced words.

1. Chizzy94 should not have made
derogatory
remarks about the food offered him by his host, Kelvindim (sey my food no sweet ni?!). undecided

a. Complementary
b. Complimentary
c. Polite
d. Appetizing

2. That Mr Avuakporuaroro (the name though; almost bit my tongue pronouncing) is a
skinflint
young man.

a. Kind
b. Slim
c. Hungry
d. Handsome

3. It is flabbergasting to see benromeo39
condoning
instead of ______ such gross behaviour from his crush "Aphrodite".

a. Disliking
b. Blaming
c. Condemning
d. Disparaging

4. Newly ordained (only God knows who ordained him) Pastor Neldrizzy gave his speech at his sermon
word for word
from the Holy Bible while eye'ing pweetyz from one corner in the congregation.

a. Extempore
b. Brevity
c. Unison
d. Prologue

5. Graduates nowadays suffer from a
dearth
of job opportunities in recent times.

a. Scarcity
b. Abundance
c. Aversion
d. Chance

6. For a post on Nairaland to have its desired comprehension it has to be
explicit
not _____

a. Coherent
b. Vague
c. Wordy
d. Difficult

7. Whenever pweetyz eats plantain(dodo) she becomes
vivacious
rather than being _____ cheesy

a. Veracious
b. Voracious
c. Loquacious
d. Moody

8 Jamb's murdering this year though, to some candidates it's a total
fiasco
while others experienced _____

a. Disappointment
b. Success
c. Failure
d. Fidelity
From the words lettered A-D, choose the one that best completes each of the following sentences

9. Let the boy ____ in the way he ___ (hint: Concords)

a. Behaves/Likes
b. Behave/Likes
c. Behave/Like
d. Behaves/Like

10. The man asked if I ____ my race.

a. Have run
b. Have ran
c. Had run
d. Had ran

11. After kulkatty had worked strenuously doing home chores and the likes for good six hours, all she could do was _____

a. Strut
b. Trudge
c. Run
d. Watch Naruto tongue

12. It is made known that freshers are _____ to start getting their documents in order for the forthcoming, stress-filled, body exhausting physical clearance to be done ”God knows when”.

a. Adviced
b. Advised
c. Advice
d. Advise

13. Naijaboiy _____ Marieolae's feelings last night. cry

a. Hurt
b. Hurts
c. Hurted
d. Was hurting

14. You can have _____ of these two new iphone6/iphone6 plus. grin

a. Some
b. None!!!
c. Either
d. Any

15. The wet panties _________ on the rope outside to dry.

a. Were hanged
b. Were hung
c. Was hung
d. Was hanging
Answer all questions! It'll do you a great deal if you don't fail any.
You can bash on for all I care! tongue grin grin
lemme check the dictionary to see how many I failed.

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
I mentioned earlier about two of my articles that were accepted for a contest. Please u can now read, share, like, tweet and email (the like, share, tweet and email buttons are on the top of d article pages jux after d title of d articles ) the articles directly from d link below without going through d Facebook pages...Once more, these are d articles..
http://blogs.jpmsonline.com/2014/11/02/the-deleterious-effects-of-mobile-phone-radiations/

http://blogs.jpmsonline.com/2014/11/02/an-open-letter-to-all-medical-school-aspirants-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-path-of-medicine/
Ur vote counts.
Thanks a lot for ur understanding..
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by kelvindim(m): 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
benromeo39:
lemme check the dictionary to see how many I failed.
You failed Numbers- 6, 9 anf 10. I'd give you 12/15. You tried sha.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Blaqsmith(m): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
kelvindim:
Regardless, you needn't have done that, what if it were to be a question set by an examiner? Believe you me, in most cases you'd see such tricky words as options, what then will you do? Strike them off? C'mon, you just tick the correct option and let those you think is a wrong spelling rot. wink

Copy that.

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by mathefaro(m): 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2014
kelvindim:
You failed Numbers- 6, 9, 10 and 13. I'd give you 11/15. You tried sha.
and so what are the answers to 9 & 13
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by kelvindim(m): 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
mathefaro:
and so what are the answers to 9 & 13
Concords bro, concords!
9. Let the boy behaves in the way he likes.
13. Naijaboiy hurt marieolae's feelings last night.
Now for the former, obeying the rules of concords ”singular noun goes with singular verbs,” hence making 'behaves' to come after 'boy'- since 'boy' is a singular noun while 'behaves' is a singular verb.
As for the latter, well, my mind was all foggy. I corrected my markings though, since the past tense and past participle of hurt is 'hurt'. The answer is actually 'hurt'. I was having the mindset of obeying concords' rule as at then. I hope it's clear now?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by mathefaro(m): 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2014
kelvindim:
Concords bro, concords!
9. Let the boy behaves in the way he likes.
13. Naijaboiy hurt marieolae's feelings last night.
Now for the former, obeying the rules of concords ”singular noun goes with singular verbs,” hence making 'behaves' to come after 'boy'- since 'boy' is a singular noun while 'behaves' is a singular verb.
As for the latter, well, my mind was all foggy. I corrected my markings though, since the past tense and past participle of hurt is 'hurt'. The answer is actually 'hurt'. I was having the mindset of obeying concords' rule as at then. I hope it's clear now?
first and foremost, you have edited the post I quoted(you said he missed no 13, "hurt"wink that got me perturbed. Then secondly, I still don't think that concord is correct for "behaves" albeit I stand to be corrected. At least, you can't say "let the boy eats by himself" can you?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by kelvindim(m): 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
mathefaro:
first and foremost, you have edited the post I quoted(you said he missed no 13, "hurt"wink that got me perturbed. Then secondly, I still don't think that concord is correct for "behaves" albeit I stand to be corrected. At least, you can't say "let the boy eats by himself" can you?
If you could recall, I alighted that my mind was a bit foggy then and that's the reason why I had to modify my post.
Sure, you can't say that; the correct form is ”Let the boy eat by himself”.
Now in agreement with the above sentence you can also have- ”Long live the Queen!”, ”God save the King!” (which is a wish, not a command to God). Now other examples are: ”May he rot in hell!”, ”If I were you.”, ”I wish he were here.”
Now do those obey the rule of concord? Definitely no! And that is because it is in the 'Subjunctive'. The subjunctive case sentences normally expresses a wish. A wish of this kind is usually expressed by words like: may; let and a few others.

There's also the 'Indicative' which at all times obey the rules of concords. Examples are; *He likes fishing. *She loves singing. *The boy wins everytime. Etcetera..etcetera...
So you see? It takes a great deal of wisdom for one to get a full knowledge of the English language as it is; for it is so broad than you can imagine. Maybe it's because it is a Whiteman's language.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by mathefaro(m): 11:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
kelvindim:
If you could recall, I alighted that my mind was a bit foggy then and that's the reason why I had to modify my post.
Sure, you can't say that; the correct form is ”Let the boy eat by himself”.
Now in agreement with the above sentence you can also have- ”Long live the Queen!”, ”God save the King!” (which is a wish, not a command to God). Now other examples are: ”May he rot in hell!”, ”If I were you.”, ”I wish he were here.”
Now do those obey the rule of concord? Definitely no! And that is because it is in the 'Subjunctive'. The subjunctive case sentences normally expresses a wish. A wish of this kind is usually expressed by words like: may; let and a few others.

There's also the 'Indicative' which at all times obey the rules of concords. Examples are; *He likes fishing. *She loves singing. *The boy wins everytime. Etcetera..etcetera...
So you see? It takes a great deal of wisdom for one to get a full knowledge of the English language as it is; for it is so broad than you can imagine. Maybe it's because it is a Whiteman's language.
even as it is, I can't concur that the statement "let the boy behaves the way he likes" is correct if "let the boy eats the way he likes" isn't correct. The concord could only work if it goes this way: "The boy behaves the way he likes" without the "let". Like I said earlier, I stand to be corrected. I just don't want these young ones preparing for the Exam to be misled
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by kelvindim(m): 1:18am On Nov 05, 2014
mathefaro:
even as it is, I can't concur that the statement "let the boy behaves the way he likes" is correct if "let the boy eats the way he likes" isn't correct. The concord could only work if it goes this way: "The boy behaves the way he likes" without the "let". Like I said earlier, I stand to be corrected. I just don't want these young ones preparing for the Exam to be misled
Okay you win, I give up! You've made quite an effort though. Let's just leave it there. Yours is correct.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by mathefaro(m): 8:27am On Nov 05, 2014
kelvindim:
Okay you win, I give up! You've made quite an effort though. Let's just leave it there. Yours is correct.
Actually, it isn't a matter of winning or losing, I only wanted the issue to be clarified. English language is not in my jurisdiction, not part of what I teach, so there's a slight possibility that I may be wrong.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Kealmin(m): 7:21am On Nov 08, 2014
our weekly competition comes up today by 4pm join us on whatsapp @ 08162792481 or u can drop ur whatsapp contact
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by smartdave1: 2:22am On Nov 22, 2014
Hello all, ways happening why is this place quiet?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Education01(m): 3:41am On Nov 22, 2014
ADMISSION ADMISSION ADMISSIOM
Admission into 200level to Unilorin or any other institution of your choice and any course of study.
the Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) is an Eight months A'level program that offers admission into 200level in any field of study. the 2015 session registration has commenced but forms are still available online and at the centre.

Check page two (2) of any Jamb Brochure to confirm IJMB as a requirement for University Admission in Nigeria
For more info about IJMB registration and general enquiries, visit www.ijmblink.com
HELP LINE : 08035528553 08180403630
Facebook page: IJMB LINK
Follow us on twitter: @ijmblink
Add us on whatsapp: 08035528553
BBM channel: C00126233
Send us a mail: administration@ijmb.com
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2015
Jamb group on whatsapp for science student only u can join us at 08162792481
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Sikiru3011: 3:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
tuwayz:
Please can somebody help me out on this? Find x, 8x^-2=2/25
hmmm
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by tuwayz(m): 7:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
Sikiru3011:
hmmm
. Any P boss?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 13, 2019
Actually “I” is singular but it also takes a plural verb because “I” and “You” are the only singular exceptions of the rule of concord which states “Singular noun, singular verb, plural noun, Plural verb”
Benjaminbest:
USE OF ENGLISH
Note d following secret in english
1 I is plural so it should attract plural verb which is HAVE.....e.g I have them in d car...
Some student see i to b singular noun because they tink it refers to one person.so note dis secret
2 can is d present tense of could
may might
shall should
ought to had to
must had to
need need
3 note d following conjunction and dier differences
example are....and, or,yet,still,although etc
AND is use to join to positive words togeda e.g I was hungry AND i ate....dis statement is positive....u cannot say i was hungry AND i did not eat it is wrong because one os + and d oda - .........instead u use YET for positive and negative statement
DO U UNDERSTAND?
i will stop here for today .........if there is anytin u dont understand pls dont be shy to ask will are all learning.....pls dont forget to comment.....
QUESTION TO ANSWER
1 I........... The money to send u to jail
A has
B had
C have
D no
2 I......... have been there but i was not
A ought to
B might
C was
D non of d above

d first five people to get d two question correct will get sometin from me...... See u guys later

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) / Faith Omodon, Missing Delta Student 'Spotted In Her Boyfriend’s Residence' / Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.