Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students - Education (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students (60083 Views)

Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) / Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? / Polytechnics Barred From Admitting Business, Art Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by mathefaro(m): 11:35am On Oct 20, 2014
Destilo:
@mathfaro n other maths expert in d house help me solve dis...am not sure of My answers...
1. Find the distance between the point (4, 3) and the point common to the lines 2x - y = 4 and x + y = 2.

2. A(5, 3) and B(2, -1) are two vertices of a square ABCD and D is on the x-axis. Find the coordinates of C and D.

3. A point P moves so that it is equidistant from points L(-2, 2) and M(5, 1).
a. Find the locus of P
b. Show that the locus of P is a perpendicular bisector of the line LM.

4. The vertices of a parallelogram PQRS are P(a, 7), Q(7, 5), R(0, 4) and S(6, 2). Calculate
a. the gradient of PQ
b. the value of a
c. the gradient of SR

Thank you
I've been busy lately but I'll see to the questions when I'm through for the day.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by mathefaro(m): 11:52am On Oct 20, 2014
Destilo:
@mathfaro n other maths expert in d house help me solve dis...am not sure of My answers...
1. Find the distance between the point (4, 3) and the point common to the lines 2x - y = 4 and x + y = 2

Thank you
the point common to the lines 2x - y = 4 and x + y = 2 is (2, 0) which is a solution if the simultaneous equation.
Hence, the distance between the points (4,3) and (2,0) using the formula sqrt( (x2 - x1)2 + (y2 - y1)2)
==> sqrt((2-4)2 + (0-3)2)
==> sqrt((-2)2 + (-3)2)
==> sqrt(4 + 9)
==> sqrt(13)
= 3.6 units
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 11:58am On Oct 20, 2014
1.Isotopes are elements that exhibit the same atomic number but different mass number.
2. 3/4 * 35 + 1/4 * 37= 105/4 + 37/4 = 142/4=35.5

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 12:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
proyeise:
What is the figurative expression for 'frightful monster'
metaphor
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
3^x = 6.find x.pls wit d workins.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
Calcium
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
Benjaminbest:
USE OF ENGLISH
Note d following secret in english
1 I is plural so it should attract plural verb which is HAVE.....e.g I have them in d car...
Some student see i to b singular noun because they tink it refers to one person.so note dis secret
2 can is d present tense of could
may might
shall should
ought to had to
must had to
need need
3 note d following conjunction and dier differences
example are....and, or,yet,still,although etc
AND is use to join to positive words togeda e.g I was hungry AND i ate....dis statement is positive....u cannot say i was hungry AND i did not eat it is wrong because one os + and d oda - .........instead u use YET for positive and negative statement
DO U UNDERSTAND?
i will stop here for today .........if there is anytin u dont understand pls dont be shy to ask will are all learning.....pls dont forget to comment.....
QUESTION TO ANSWER
1 I........... The money to send u to jail
A has
B had
C have
D no
2 I......... have been there but i was not
A ought to
B might
C was
D non of d above

d first five people to get d two question correct will get sometin from me...... See u guys later

Sorry to ask this question now, I just stumbled upon this thread.

Can we also say: I was hungry but I did not eat it?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
Joeself1:

1 is C
2 is D

I disagree. 2 is I ought to have been there but I was not.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
Benjaminbest:
[lets discuss potters wheel ][by chukwuemeka ]

Sorry to drag you back biko. Is Potter's Wheel going to be in 2015/2016 jamb?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 20, 2014
Not an english savvy but to be honest, The use of had, has and have, gave me a run for my money.

My understanding of these verbs is that "had" is the past participle of have and has. One thing that makes it stand out amongst have and has is that the rule of concord doesn't apply to it.

"Have" is a plural verb and going by the rule of concord, should agree with a plural noun/pronoun save for the use of "I". E.g They have a book..

Has on the other hand is a 3rd person singular so should go with a singular noun/pronoun.E.g He has a book.

From your question, Seun Osewa is a single entity need I say a singular noun so the correct past tense should be
"Seun Osewa has clarified his account"

thank you smiley

still sorry to drag you back, I'm reading from page 0.

Can we say Seun Osewa had verified his account before the data loss incident occured

Thanks
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by mathefaro(m): 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
Kuzaku:

still sorry to drag you back, I'm reading from page 0.

Can we say Seun Osewa had verified his account before the data loss incident occured

Thanks
yes, it's a correct statement
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2014
Moblord:
Information Technology, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University

Erm please, what are your advantages if you study Information Technology? Is it an arts subject? And what are the subject combo?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2014
Halpher:
Mr.okoro and his wife with their children.......,travelled to abroad
A)have
B)has
C)were
D)has been

I'll go with A. Tell me if I'm correct.

NB: Do you 'travel to abroad' or 'Travel abroad?'

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
Halpher:
Those men helped,Dupe and......
A)I
B)me
C)her
D)none
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
Halpher:
A)I
B)me
C)her
D)none

Gee, I'll go with B. Please correct me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
Halpher:
A)I
B)me
C)her
D)none
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 5:33am On Oct 21, 2014
Ok,sir
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 5:34am On Oct 21, 2014
Dupe and me
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 5:37am On Oct 21, 2014
In what range of temperature is the expansion of water anomalous?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 6:12am On Oct 21, 2014
gudmuni everyone how was ur night? Pls dont post anytin dat is beyond d scope of jamb

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Kealmin(m): 7:23am On Oct 21, 2014
Muni guys d whatsapp study group is still open to everyone u can add me on 08162792481 or u can drop ur contact
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by smartdave1: 8:48am On Oct 21, 2014
Halpher:

:-/ ifa hear. cheesy
what do you mean?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by tuwayz(m): 10:56am On Oct 21, 2014
smartdave1:

what do you mean?

If I hear

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by tuwayz(m): 11:00am On Oct 21, 2014
Kuzaku:

I'll go with A. Tell me if I'm correct.

NB: Do you 'travel to abroad' or 'Travel abroad?'
. Travel abroad Is the correct phrase
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 11:48am On Oct 21, 2014
Kuzaku:

Sorry to drag you back biko. Is Potter's Wheel going to be in 2015/2016 jamb?
i dont think so, there's a new novel for next year
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Kealmin(m): 12:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
D whatsapp group has being created already u can join us @ 08162792481 or u can drop ur contact so dat we can add u
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Joejonah(m): 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
Kealmin:
D whatsapp group has being created already u can join us @ 08162792481 or u can drop ur contact so dat we can add u
add zero eight zero six four seventy seventy eighty oone.
thanks.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Kealmin(m): 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
Joejonah:

add zero eight zero six four seventy seventy eighty oone.
thanks.
u have being added
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by smartdave1: 4:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
tuwayz:

If I hear
ok thanks
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 5:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
Caso4 is used in the manufacture of
(a) plaster of paris
(b)gypsum
(c)cacl2
(d)none
(e) a nd b
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 3:09am On Oct 22, 2014
1.During the sacrificial cathodic prevention the ...... Is un reactive??
A)Fe
B)H
C)mg
D)none.
2.During the sacrificial cathodic prevention the cathodic metal....?
A)rust
B)remain unreactive
C)a and b
D)none

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply)

Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives / My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage / Nigerian Author Includes 'Mutual Masturbation' In JSS 1 Book (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.