Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students - Education (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students (60146 Views)

Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) / Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? / Polytechnics Barred From Admitting Business, Art Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 12:41pm On Oct 23, 2014
Halpher:

A.
the answer should be 'than' because 'no sooner' collerates with 'than'
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 12:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:

I have seen some peeps puting A as d andwer...Please B is d answer....I can only appear when used as a subject and "me" as an object...
the answer should be 'I' .Tayo is taller than (I Am).and not me.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 12:47pm On Oct 23, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:

1. A
2.D-But d sentence is wrong..
3.B
ok thanx
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
tuwayz:

Please include the correct punctuation, its very important in this kind of questions, thank you
ok,thank u.I will do so.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2014
Halpher:

I dnt tink so,
Note:- Tayo is a subject and it should be followed by a subject. Dat a type/ factor of
COMPARISON AND CONSISTENCY.Thanks.
yes i agree with you.If he says 'me',then: Tayo is taller than me (am).which is definitely wrong.So it should be 'I' (am).

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 1:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:

Ok...I agree...Following ur explanation, second one is correct because of the "Rachel"..I didn't know of dix earlier...Thanks...Will confirm later anyway...

Owk naw.
Note:-
She-subject and Racheal is an object in the sentence
Both options r coRrect
1.For I
It can be decipher as
-she likes Rachel more than I like Rachel
So First option is correct

2.For Me
-it can be decipher as
She likes rachel more than she likes me.
So this is correct too

The sentence consist of
-She-subject
-Rachel-object
So it carries either

A subject or object .Thanks.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
Had he known,he ______ way.
a. would have gone
b. will go
c. will be going
d. may be going.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 1:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
Uncle AY said that the earth _____round.
a. is
b. was
c. will be
d. were
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2014
If he had left home earlier,he ______ late.
a. would not be
b. would not have been c. would have not been d. would have been not.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 2:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
proyeise:
Had he known,he ______ way.
a. would have gone
b. will go
c. will be going
d. may be going.
A.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
proyeise:
If he had left home earlier,he ______ late.
a. would not be
b. would not have been c. would have not been d. would have been not.

B.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2014
Halpher:

B.
note that have has or had goes with being not been
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 2:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
proyeise:
Uncle AY said that the earth _____round.
a. is
b. was
c. will be
d. were
The earth-S.N
-A
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
Benjaminbest:
note that have has or had goes with being not been
NO
- is,was,were... go with being Oo.
Am pretty sure of that.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by michael95(m): 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2014
Plz mind u what benjamin said is jus de truth.though he did nt put it in a way dat u wll be convinced..I is singul jus as you..but based on their functions dey re nt..based their functions I nd you re classified as plurals nt singul..cuz u can't say I has a car bcuz has is a singular verb or say you has a car dey re both wrong..buh u can say I have a car or you have a message or car becuz have is a plural verb..so my frnds I nd you re plural verbs based on their functions in english nd nt singular..tanx I like dis let's go on
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by michael95(m): 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
De answer iz B @ proyeise (wouldn't have been late)
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
guys am on my way home i will clerify issues later
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Thewhizzkid1(m): 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
Halpher:

Owk naw.
Note:-
She-subject and Racheal is an object in the sentence
Both options r coRrect
1.For I
It can be decipher as
-she likes Rachel more than I like Rachel
So First option is correct

2.For Me
-it can be decipher as
She likes rachel more than she likes me.
So this is correct too

The sentence consist of
-She-subject
-Rachel-object
So it carries either

A subject or object .Thanks.
ALRIGHT SIR. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE EXPLANATION.WE LEARN EVERYDAY. PLEASE CHECK OUT THE INFORMATION IN THIS SITE http://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/than_I_me_than_he_him.htm IT SAYS "THAN ME" IS ALSO CORRECT. BUT WHEN USING "THAN I", WE SHOULD PUT IT IN A FULL SENTENCE TO AVOID AMBIGUITY. e.g "John is taller than I am" instead of "John is taller than I"...Please check d site. Mathefaro please check d site also.

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 4:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:

ALRIGHT SIR. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE EXPLANATION.WE LEARN EVERYDAY. PLEASE CHECK OUT THE INFORMATION IN THIS SITE http://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/than_I_me_than_he_him.htm IT SAYS "THAN ME" IS ALSO CORRECT. BUT WHEN USING "THAN I", WE SHOULD PUT IT IN A FULL SENTENCE TO AVOID AMBIGUITY. e.g "John is taller than I am" instead of "John is taller than I"...Please check d site. Mathefaro please check d site also.
Owk sire.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 8:13pm On Oct 23, 2014
michael95:
De answer iz B @ proyeise (wouldn't have been late)
ok
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by mathefaro(m): 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:

lol! Why do you want me to check it out? I actually decided not to post on the matter. The truth is that this is not the first time i've engaged in arguments on this same context and i've realised that people are only willing to stick to what they've read in a textbook or what their teacher taught them. I have LOTS of references that backs up the fact that the use of "me" in this context is very correct albeit for informal speech only. One of the references is the OALD. Just check out the USAGE section of the word "me" in the Oxford advanced Learners Dictionaries. It settles everything. We all need to know that the language evolve everyday and we must always update ourselves not for exam purposes only
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:22pm On Oct 23, 2014
mathefaro:
lol! Why do you want me to check it out? I actually decided not to post on the matter. The truth is that this is not the first time i've engaged in arguments on this same context and i've realised that people are only willing to stick to what they've read in a textbook or what their teacher taught them. I have a LOTS of references that backs up the fact that the use of "me" in this context is very correct albeit for informal speech only. One of the references is the OALD. Just check out the USAGE section of the word "me" in the Oxford advanced Learners Dictionaries. It settles everything. We all need to know that the language evolve everyday and we must always update ourselves not fo
r exam purposes only
Yes sir...That means "than me" as used in d context is also correct...Kk...Thanks....I jux wanted to see ur own post on dix matter...
So pls guys , what is d conclusion as regards these "than I" and "than me "...@Proyeise, did u see dix question in JAMB's past questions? A textbook? Or u formulated it urself? Let's jux contribute and get to d end of dix matter without abusing one other..Still waiting for Benjaminbest...
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
A circle of perimeter 28cm is opened to form a square.What is the maximum possible area of the square?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
The midpoint of P(x,y) and Q(8,6) is (5 , cool.Find x and y..
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 10:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
Find the equation of a line perpendicular to line 2y=5x+4 which passes through (4,2).
a. 5y - 2x - 18 = 0
b. 5y + 2x - 18 = 0
c. 5y - 2x + 18 = 0
d. 5y + 2x - 2 = 0
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Icebrymo: 10:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
1 C
2 A
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 10:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
2q3 base 5 = 77 base 8,find q.
a. 2
b. 1
c. 4
d. 0

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2014
The quality of sound depends on _____
The pitch of a sound note depends on _____
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Icebrymo: 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2014
D ansa is "2"...............over sure day worry me
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 10:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
If a source of sound is moving,a stationary listener will hear a sound of different frequencies.This is called_____
a. doppler effect
b. resonance
c. reverberation
d. echo
e. forced vibration
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 10:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
Catalytic hydrogenation of oils results in the production of_____
a.soaps
b.detergents
c.butter
d.magarine
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2014
Icebrymo:
D ansa is "2"...............over sure day worry me
yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

20 Hilarious Grammars Of Patrick Obahiagbon And Their Meaning / Could This Be Why ASIANS Are Ahead Of Others Technologically? (PICTURE) / Shocking Devices Used By Chinese Students To Cheat During Exams(photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.