Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. (4274 Views)

Christian Leaders Chide Bakare, Say Nothing Wrong For A Preacher To Own A Jet / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Gombs(m): 4:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
A preacher may have been talking to people about God and His word but that does not make him to become a man of God
A man of God is given a revelation from God for men. Moses and David were not always men of God until they received a divine message and revelation from God. Exodus 3-4.

1 peter 1:22-25
The living word has gone back to heaven but has left us here with the written word of God that we can live accordingly.

Let's discuss! smiley
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
You obviously do not understand what you are talking about.

4 Likes

Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Gombs(m): 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
hifaif: You obviously do not understand what you are talking about.

Why? How?
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by nora544: 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
Did you know what you write

It is nonsens!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by maestroferddi: 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2014
All believers should pray for meekness and humility.

Pride and the quest for titles and positions are what the enemy is using to mislead many leaders in the body of Christ.

Was Jeremiah a preacher or a man of God?

What do we call John the Baptist: an evangelist or a megachurch GO?

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by morbid: 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
I haven't been this confused in my life.
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Gombs(m): 5:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
nora544: Did you know what you write

It is nonsens!

English ma'am...
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Gombs(m): 5:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
maestroferddi: All believers should pray for meekness and humility.

Pride and the quest for titles and positions are what the enemy is using to mislead many leaders in the body of Christ.

Was Jeremiah a preacher or a man of God?

What do we call John the Baptist: an evangelist or a megachurch GO?

If you can't discuss your view, please be mute for others to
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Gombs(m): 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
morbid: I haven't been this confused in my life.

How can we fix that buddy? smiley
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by maestroferddi: 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
Gombs:

If you can't discuss your view, please be mute for others to
I see.

Let's see how far you go...

Then you would tell us what exactly is the essence of the distinction/discussion.
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Gombs(m): 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
maestroferddi: I see.

Let's see how far you go...

Then you would tell us what exactly is the essence of the distinction/discussion.

Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
Gombs:

Why? How?

Because you are talking crap. BS. No intelligent person would sit down to discuss crap.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by PastorKun(m): 7:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
One thing is certain, men of God don't stage miracles, extort money from their followers or sleep with female church members whilst abandoning their wives.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Atigba: 7:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
Gombs: A preacher may have been talking to people about God and His word but that does not make him to become a man of God
A man of God is given a revelation from God for men. Moses and David were not always men of God until they received a divine message and revelation from God. Exodus 3-4.

The living word has gone back to heaven but has left us here with the written word of God that we can live accordingly.

Let's discuss! smiley
This is absolute rubbish. In God kingdom there nothing like man or women of God we
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Atigba: 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
Gombs: A preacher may have been talking to people about God and His word but that does not make him to become a man of God

Let's discuss! smiley
This is absolute rubbish. In God kingdom there is nothing like man or women of God we re all children of God simple.
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Gombs(m): 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
Atigba: This is absolute rubbish. In God kingdom there is nothing like man or women of God we re all children of God simple.

But Paul called Timothy "Man of God" ....what did he mean?
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by jared007: 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
morbid: I haven't been this confused in my life.
don't be confused son. Let me simplify/add to what he said: a man of God is someone who receives divine revelation concerning d church.
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Gombs(m): 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
hifaif:

Because you are talking crap. BS. No intelligent person would sit down to discuss crap.

but you are not intelligent na, i could tell from your posts and behaviour in the tongues thread, even your profile pic betrays your claim.. atheism don't mean you are being smart or intelligent, but if you think you are, fine.
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Freksy(m): 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
jared007: don't be confused son. Let me simplify/add to what he said: a man of God is someone who receives divine revelation concerning d church.

Your comment begs the following questions:

Which church?

Who is a preacher, one that lacks divine revelation?

If one is not a man of God, he is a man of who?
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Atigba: 8:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
Gombs:

But Paul called Timothy "Man of God" ....what did he mean?
paul shocked don't want to discuss Paul teachings with you this is what Jesus said
◄ Matthew 18:4 ►

New International Version
Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

New Living Translation
So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.

English Standard Version
Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

New American Standard Bible
"Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

King James Bible
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child--this one is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

International Standard Version
Therefore, whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom from heaven,

NET Bible
Whoever then humbles himself like this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“Whoever therefore humbles himself like this boy, he will be greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Whoever becomes like this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of the heavens.

King James 2000 Bible
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

So in God kingdom nothing like man God
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Gombs(m): 8:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
^^^^
Ok
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
Gombs:

but you are not intelligent na, i could tell from your posts and behaviour in the tongues thread, even your profile pic betrays your claim.. atheism don't mean you are being smart or intelligent, but if you think you are, fine.

Go more personal. Search about me on Google and Twitter and post your findings, it wouldn't change the fact that your post is crappy and no meaningful discussion could be expected to come out of it.

About the thread you referred to, you were only too daft to understand my manners towards missyhorlar. Typical of a simpleminded individual like you to attack people with something like their DP

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by jared007: 9:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
Freksy:

Your comment begs the following questions:

Which church?

Who is a preacher, one that lacks divine revelation?

If one is not a man of God, he is a man of who?

I was talking about d church of jesus. God gave divine revelations to prophets of old concerning the coming messiah and his glorious body-the church. A preacher doesn't receive such visions/revelations concerning the body of christ. I hope ur last question has been answered?
Re: Difference Between A Man Of God And A Preacher. by Gombs(m): 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
hifaif:

Go more personal. Search about me on Google and Twitter and post your findings, it wouldn't change the fact that your post is crappy and no meaningful discussion could be expected to come out of it.

About the thread you referred to, you were only too daft to understand my manners towards missyhorlar. Typical of a simpleminded individual like you to attack people with something like their DP

Kk

(1) (Reply)

The True Name Of The Creator / Your Quiet Time With God. How Interesting? / What's The Most Shocking Church Experience You've Ever Had?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.