Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,843 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students (25125 Views)

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities / Secrets Of First Class Students? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by liveyourlife: 11:29am On Dec 24, 2014
They use http:// - A better way for teachers and students to communicate.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by john6006: 11:30am On Dec 24, 2014
In Nigeria a first class can only be achieved through OGA AT THE TOP....leave story...
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Engrpj(m): 11:31am On Dec 24, 2014
;DNo wonda i had 1st class ;
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by ellahzy(f): 11:33am On Dec 24, 2014
MERRY XMAS to u ......(@ who those likes this comment) cheesy
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Ranchhoddas: 11:34am On Dec 24, 2014
YoungIncredible:

But "Rancho" in 3-idiots never practice all of this things?, and yet, he made first class ahead of "silencer" chatur.

"In ranchodas chanchad voice". Never harbour the fear of having good grades, its not good for grades, follow your passion, chase excellence and success will chase you.
Three bottles of Orijin for you.That's what I keep telling them.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:35am On Dec 24, 2014
1stola
Keep recounting and keeping record of the misfortunes and mistakes of Nigeria while others are moving on...
Research on what those negatives and pessimistic views does to you....
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by haibe(m): 11:36am On Dec 24, 2014
happyzed0:
1.party 2.sleep 3.dnt attend klass 4. Dnt read ur books , 5. Join cult

wrong! I know third class students who do exhibit all the qualities the op listed for a 1st class student.

But u know in life, even if u do what is right, things may not always go ur way.

@op not all first class students pray, not all are discipline, etc.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Ninilowo(m): 11:38am On Dec 24, 2014
seankay:
What bout the qualities of a third class student?
The opposites of what the op just outlined.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by nanizle(m): 11:38am On Dec 24, 2014
starlingleanets:
sentimental? Dats kind of intimental. Tell me have u seen any aetheist shortlisted for any educational award in Nigeria talkless of the world?

Are you saying being a christian (or being religious) is a prerequisite for receiving educational awards?
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by babs01(m): 11:52am On Dec 24, 2014
How do dis guy knw my qualities?
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 24, 2014
nanizle:

Are you saying being a christian (or being religious) is a prerequisite for receiving educational awards?
Rather a Favour frm the Almighty that singles ur best out of better than the best.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by 1stola: 11:55am On Dec 24, 2014
Whynotthetruth:
1stola
Keep recounting and keeping record of the misfortunes and mistakes of Nigeria while others are moving on...
Research on what those negatives and pessimistic views does to you....
Hypocrite!
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 24, 2014
ajasa4link:

Google search the name "Philip Emegwali " ......that niggga is often referred to as the father of internet, he has gotten more awards than all the religious first class u know, and the niggga is an ATHEIST( Not that I support atheism tho,but ur post just caught my attention as lacking adequate fact )
Compare that single one to the millions of those who are children of God
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by mickeyenglish(m): 12:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
Well! To me, I think first class is actually meant 4 d lazy students, reason being dat most of them don't venture into entreprenueral activities. I don't know y sum1 would work extremely hard 4 5 or 4 years in d university, graduates with a first class and then settle 4 jobs of 150thousand naira. And to top it all up! D owners of dis company and Organisations they work 4 were eventually founded by mostly dropouts,2.2 graduates and the ones dat neva attended a university. I use to av that mentality b4 I gained addmission into OAU dat I was gonna leave with a first class, but as time went by; I discovered a lot of tnz dat has helped shaped my thinking. 4 example; I discovered that Nigeria habours upto 30 to 40million unemployed youths and dis is equivalent to the total population of d Scandinavian countries( Iceland,Finland,Norway,Sweeden and Denmark) if not more than. The Federal Govt can't even provide jobs 4 50thousand youths, and d ones dat even get d jobs get it via slots,proxies and connection so wat then is d hope of a so-called first class graduates. They r just liabilties unto d Nation. Nigeria is an underdeveloping country where a youth can get rich overnight not 2ru stealing but by running some profitable buisness ventures. Take a look at d Nigerian billionaires and d world billionaires at large and u would discover dat only a percent of them all attended a university and even d ones dat successfully graduated did with 2.1's and 2.2's. Want to talk'bout d likes of Dangote,Okoya.innosen,Folorunsho Alakija,Jimoh Ibrahim and Mike Adenuga all of which r Nigerians. Wat'bout d likes of Bill Gates,Carlos slim Helu,steeve Jobs,Mark Zuckaberg,Opra Winffrey,rockafella,rotschild etc.... And 4 Nigerians living in Lagos state, u might av discovered that to live in Lagos in d nearest future will require a large war chest. Is it in lekki dat u wanna live in, u should be prepared to pay a whooping 2.5millionaire per annum upwards just to get an apartment, and if u decided to purchase a property there, then u should be ready to dish out huge sums of money ranging 4rm 200million naira upwards( go and ask d likes of Davido and Tu baba), and if u decide to move ur family to Banana Island, them u must be joking... Nigeria is an industrious country full of entreprenuers. D basic thing is u just need is ur educational degree be it Hnd,Ond,Nd,Bsc or BA. Just get d stuff and start ur life as an entreprenuer. It might be very murky in da beggining but in d end, it's gonna be worth d while and d stress. As 4 me, I av decide to venture into Agriculture once am done with d university and there's no looking back cos I one to add my quota to d economy and reduce d stress of d Fed.Govt by being an employer of labour and not an employee so that in d nearest future , I shall be remembered for my unrivaled contribution to the economy and lives of d Nigwrian citizens and not as a First class graduate. And don't even think of insulting me,'cos I'm currently a student of d best university in Nigeria(O.A.U), studying one of d best courses(English Language) and I'm on a very strong 2.1 at d moment(4.27)....

2 Likes

Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 24, 2014
ajasa4link:

Google search the name "Philip Emegwali " ......that niggga is often referred to as the father of internet, he has gotten more awards than all the religious first class u know, and the niggga is an ATHEIST( Not that I support atheism tho,but ur post just caught my attention as lacking adequate fact )

Emeagwali is a fraud. Do your research well
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by pabon(m): 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2014
And that was how I was hailing this guy, calling him scholar because of the his die-hard commitment to his books. Little did I know that he needed 5.0 to make third class. Mtschewwww!
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 24, 2014
pabon:
And that was how I was hailing this guy, calling him scholar because of the his die-hard commitment to his books. Little did I know that he needed 5.0 to make third class. Mtschewwww!

At least you learnt something, that a high will, commitment, determination, perseverance, etc will get you there.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2014
mickeyenglish:
Well! To me, I think first class is actually meant 4 d lazy students, reason being dat most of them don't venture into entreprenueral activities.

There is this 'luck' that follows a 1st class student, it allows them to meddle in the background and hence they become like everyone else. There are individuals no matter their grades who don't do anything else other than pursue that one aim: to stand out among the crowd, to be the first to archives-they become geniuses.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by ajasa4link: 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
Leftist:

Emeagwali is a fraud. Do your research well
Fraud? that he doesn't know anything about computers,is not an engineer, mathematician, geologist or what?
For God's sake the niggga won the 1989 gordon bell price, and I think that alone should mean he is not just a push over.
Perhaps maybe it's the court case concerning his PhD degree makes u refer to him as a fraud or his self -acclaimed father of internet title,I don't know..... But what I know is,the niggga has done well for himself out there
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
1stola:

Hypocrite!

thank you and merry xmas

1 Like

Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 24, 2014
ajasa4link:

Fraud? that he doesn't know anything about computers,is not an engineer, mathematician, geologist or what?
For God's sake the niggga won the 1989 gordon bell price, and I think that alone should mean he is not just a push over.
Perhaps maybe it's the court case concerning his PhD degree makes u refer to him as a fraud or his self -acclaimed father of internet title,I don't know..... But what I know is,the niggga has done well for himself out there

Unless that
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by ajasa4link: 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
starlingleanets:
Compare that single one to the millions of those who are children of God
lol.....whether u like it or not, both people who are religious and those who are not make 1st class. That is How the world is and nobody can change that.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by profbrightuzoma: 12:50pm On Dec 24, 2014
School matters alot am too good to be given first class. I have 2.2. Lectures change your grade
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
1stola:
What will it benefit a man to graduate in Nigeria with first class and remain jobless for years
NO fewer than 20 people died and many others now on danger list in various states of the federation at the recruitment exercise conducted by the Ministry of Interior to the Nigeria Prisons Service, Nigeria Immigration Service and Customs Service.

In Kaduna, eight candidates, three of whom were women, lost their lives in the fitness exercise conducted by the Immigration Service.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that three applicants died while five are on danger list in Osun State at the end of a 3.2-kilometre race which took place between Akoda and the NYSC orientation camp, Ede.

In Umuahia, Abia State, two female applicants who were participating in the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment exercise lost their lives in a stampede, while two other applicants died in Awka, Anambra State.

It was also gathered that several others fainted and suffered injuries in both Enugu and Awka and were later rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia.

In Enugu, four of the job seekers died and 21 others were seriously injured while forcefully opening the gate leading to the venue of the screening exercise.

In Ilorin, Kwara State, two persons lost their lives while hundreds sustained injuries during the recruitment exercise which took place at the Cherubim and Seraphim College, Ilorin.

In Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State, a young graduate whose identity could not be immediately ascertained collapsed and died while participating in the recruitment exercise.

The deceased, according to some of the participants, was in good spirit in readiness for the exercise when they gathered in the morning at the Oluyemi Kayode Stadium, venue of the exercise.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that four applicants in Delta State were on danger list as a result of the injuries sustained during the exercise.

The second batch of the recruitment exercise was conducted at the weekend, where polytechnic graduates who had applied for various posts in the Immigration, Prisons and Custom Services participated at designated areas in the 36 states of the federation.

As early as 6.00 a.m., the applicants had assembled at the venues of their respective recruitment centres to commence the jogging of between 20 and 30 kilometres which should be completed under 20 minutes.

After the jogging, written tests in English language, Mathematics and Current Affairs were conducted for candidates who did well in the jogging exercise.

An officer of the Nigerian Prison Service (name withheld) told the Nigerian Tribune that the screening centres were over-crowded before the commencement of the recruitment exercise, adding that when the exercise finally commenced, some of the applicants, in an effort to get themselves screened by the officials, jumped the queues which led to a stampede.

According to him, “many applicants who were in the queue fell down as they trampled on one another with many of them sustaining serious injuries, while some lost their lives before they could be rushed to the hospital for medical attention.”

SOURCE: www.tribune.com.ng/14072008/news/news2.html
A PRAYER FOR ALL GEJ'S SUPPORTERS
PLEASE QUOTE AND SAY AMEN IF YOU'RE ONE TO SHOW YOUR LOYALTY

May God run your Life the way GEJ is running this country
May God give you and your family the kind of peace GEJ gives to this country
May God subsidize your blessings the way Jonathan subsidized the Nigerian Oil
May God secure you and your entire family the way GEJ secures this country
May your family be united just as GEJ united Nigeria
May your lifes remain constant the way GEJ made PHCN to be constant after promising us that he will make power constant by 2012.

As a good supporter of GEJ, all you have to do is to type"Amen" and disgrace the ‘Misinformed’ General
public that he is God Sent.

Be brave to type Amen before you start the insult.

Negativity at its peak

Why do U choose to Invest Ur effort and Focus on a presenting a Compendum of Negative information, capable of raising a person's BP this festive season? Eh?

People should avoid people like you, Prophet of doom
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by liztemi(f): 1:12pm On Dec 24, 2014
Yomieluv:
And the most important is God's favor.

When a man is favored by God,his Race becomes Grace.
Rite on point
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by LarryBeryl(m): 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
Yomieluv:
And the most important is God's favor.

When a man is favored by God,his Race becomes Grace.

Yeah God's favour, what if u don't lift a leg and yet u pray,pray and pray for grace... Would u win d race?!
Trying first..... report to God ur trial and pray for his blessings..... I suppose to be excess 'trying' over 'prayer'
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by 1stola: 1:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
rapsodeep:

Negativity at its peak

Why do U choose to Invest Ur effort and Focus on a presenting a Compendum of Negative information, capable of raising a person's BP this festive season? Eh?

People should avoid people like you, Prophet of doom
The truth is bitter indeed.
Hopeless leader of tomorrow.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Emodeee: 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2014
Mhizdimplez:
this is one very good thread..

na YANSH fine galz lyk u tey dey get first class.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by geedot: 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
You guys forgot to include NATURAL BRILLIANCE..
Natural brilliance gives you advantage over other students because you get to assimilate faster and easier than the average brilliant ones..
That's the reason why we see lotta people with these attitude/discipline the op listed and still graduated with a 2.2..
Everyone has his/her maximum point ℓ.ε̲̣̣̣̥ we A̶̲̥̅̊ℓℓ Havε the maximum stuff our brains could assimilate!
Ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇o you read 24hrs a day doesn't guarantee you 1st class but would at least get you a 2.1!
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
@OP

Aside " prayer " , all the other points you raised are perfectly in order . Yes , one need the divine factor , but you do not need to turn to a prayer warrior before grace will visit you . Dedication plus discipline equal to good moral standard - this is what prayer tend to lead one to . So , in a nutshell you neither need prayer nor need to belong to any religious denomination before you can achieve success in school or any other sphere of life . For the record , every human being is an imperfect manifestation of the Perfect Being . And the Perfect Being does not demand for our glorification in any way , forget about what religious propagators may tell you , because they are just mind controllers .

On the side note , kindness , love and caring for all remain the panacea of happiness and fulfillment .
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
Telling us things we know...
Issorait

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall / Professor Fawole Adeniran Is Dead / Jonathan Appoints New Registrar For NECO

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.