Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students (25124 Views)

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities / Secrets Of First Class Students? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by obedken: 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2014
I admit to that.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by kaka22(m): 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
mickeyenglish:
Well! To me, I think first class is actually meant 4 d lazy students, reason being dat most of them don't venture into entreprenueral activities. I don't know y sum1 would work extremely hard 4 5 or 4 years in d university, graduates with a first class and then settle 4 jobs of 150thousand naira. And to top it all up! D owners of dis company and Organisations they work 4 were eventually founded by mostly dropouts,2.2 graduates and the ones dat neva attended a university. I use to av that mentality b4 I gained addmission into OAU dat I was gonna leave with a first class, but as time went by; I discovered a lot of tnz dat has helped shaped my thinking. 4 example; I discovered that Nigeria habours upto 30 to 40million unemployed youths and dis is equivalent to the total population of d Scandinavian countries( Iceland,Finland,Norway,Sweeden and Denmark) if not more than. The Federal Govt can't even provide jobs 4 50thousand youths, and d ones dat even get d jobs get it via slots,proxies and connection so wat then is d hope of a so-called first class graduates. They r just liabilties unto d Nation. Nigeria is an underdeveloping country where a youth can get rich overnight not 2ru stealing but by running some profitable buisness ventures. Take a look at d Nigerian billionaires and d world billionaires at large and u would discover dat only a percent of them all attended a university and even d ones dat successfully graduated did with 2.1's and 2.2's. Want to talk'bout d likes of Dangote,Okoya.innosen,Folorunsho Alakija,Jimoh Ibrahim and Mike Adenuga all of which r Nigerians. Wat'bout d likes of Bill Gates,Carlos slim Helu,steeve Jobs,Mark Zuckaberg,Opra Winffrey,rockafella,rotschild etc.... And 4 Nigerians living in Lagos state, u might av discovered that to live in Lagos in d nearest future will require a large war chest. Is it in lekki dat u wanna live in, u should be prepared to pay a whooping 2.5millionaire per annum upwards just to get an apartment, and if u decided to purchase a property there, then u should be ready to dish out huge sums of money ranging 4rm 200million naira upwards( go and ask d likes of Davido and Tu baba), and if u decide to move ur family to Banana Island, them u must be joking... Nigeria is an industrious country full of entreprenuers. D basic thing is u just need is ur educational degree be it Hnd,Ond,Nd,Bsc or BA. Just get d stuff and start ur life as an entreprenuer. It might be very murky in da beggining but in d end, it's gonna be worth d while and d stress. As 4 me, I av decide to venture into Agriculture once am done with d university and there's no looking back cos I one to add my quota to d economy and reduce d stress of d Fed.Govt by being an employer of labour and not an employee so that in d nearest future , I shall be remembered for my unrivaled contribution to the economy and lives of d Nigwrian citizens and not as a First class graduate. And don't even think of insulting me,'cos I'm currently a student of d best university in Nigeria(O.A.U), studying one of d best courses(English Language) and I'm on a very strong 2.1 at d moment(4.27)....
Nice point but you did not talk about how you will get the fund to venture in Agriculture... Everybody cannot be employer of labour and at the same time, everybody cannot be employees. I seriously doubt that your cgpa is 4.27 and if it is, maybe you are still in part 2. You don't have to discourage those aspiring to make first class in the process of consoling yourself. You don't have to impose your opinion on people by calling or implying that those that made first class are weak/lazy student. Try and become an entrepreneur first before you flaunt it.
Last Bullet: to all those aspiring to make first class, don't mind this poster. You can make your first class and still be an entrepreneur, and at the same time, you can make your first class and use it to search for work... I believe that this poster is frustrated

1 Like

Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by benideey(m): 5:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
geedot:
You guys forgot to include NATURAL BRILLIANCE..
Natural brilliance gives you advantage over other students because you get to assimilate faster and easier than the average brilliant ones..
That's the reason why we see lotta people with these attitude/discipline the op listed and still graduated with a 2.2..
Everyone has his/her maximum point ℓ.ε̲̣̣̣̥ we A̶̲̥̅̊ℓℓ Havε the maximum stuff our brains could assimilate!
Ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇o you read 24hrs a day doesn't guarantee you 1st class but would at least get you a 2.1!

I partially disagree with you. We all have the same brain(cerebrum,cerebellum,medulla oblongata). The only difference is how one chooses to develop his or her own. No one really has a dull brain. One can choose to be brilliant if he chooses to.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by benideey(m): 5:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
Some students are too lazy to do assignments. They rather prefer copying and some don't even care to comprehend it. They just copy and at the end, such questions come out in exams and you had see them sweating with their long necks.

"Never copy what you don't understand." Take the pains, do your research and complete your assignments yourself.

Discussion has been one of the best study methods I have ever used.
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by geedot: 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
benideey:

I partially disagree with you. We all have the same brain(cerebrum,cerebellum,medulla oblongata). The only difference is how one chooses to develop his or her own. No one really has a dull brain. One can choose to be brilliant if he chooses to.
ℓ totally disagree with you ☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩π this!
What makes two peeps read for the same duration and yet one score far higher than his compatriot? Natural brilliance is at play there bro.. Academically, our brains are not the same! We Havε brilliant, average, and dull(sorry to say) brains to perform academically!
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by ehisdouglas(m): 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
Nice one
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by FarindeMichael: 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2014
COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON....
As part of our gratitude to our numerous customers for your patronage over the year, Samic Internet Service is currently giving out MTN DATA at take away prices.....for any 2gig mtn data purchased u get 500mb bonus. CHECK OUT THE PICTURE BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS

Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 24, 2014
Those are qualities of preachers and pastors who swindle poor church goers of their money on Sundays in Nigeria. The first quality of a first-class is to have an orientation gears toward serving the community with his high knowledge for better nation. Nigerian first class holders are sometime peasant bookworms who can never come up with any innovation and invention. BLEH! angry angry angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by Nmeri17: 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2014
happyzed0:
1.party 2.sleep 3.dnt attend klass 4. Dnt read ur books , 5. Join cult

the winning formula cool
Re: 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students by privatetisa(m): 3:44am On Dec 31, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

School In Edo Where Pupils Sit On Bare Floor, Mats (Photos) / Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall / Professor Fawole Adeniran Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.