Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (405695 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 11:28pm On Jan 29, 2020
Limitless72:

Oga brainwave I sight you today after so many years...
Welcome back boss

Bros I hail o! Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 11:53pm On Jan 29, 2020
Eleniyan15:
Brainwaves
Good evening sir, have gone through the whole page every individual has been able to enlighten newbies coming up.
I am a graduate of sociology, a prospective corp member. is it advisable to apply for this program with the present situation in nigeria. Am confused i had plans of applying for CIPM after going through this thread from page 1 HSE seems to be interesting program.

Thank You

Well...HSE is quite different from HR or personnel management (CIPM) although both disciplines have in common, some form of people management function. I know a couple of people who decided to go the HR route after their first degrees in Sociology as well as there are people who chose to pursue the HSE route after a first degree in the social sciences.

You might need to do a comparative analysis of the number of opportunities potentially available in both fields (HSE vs HR) in the labor market post-NYSC because the truth is that irrespective of your interest in a certification or qualification, the end goal in investing time and other resources towards acquiring such is to move you forward towards your career goals and enhancing your job prospects.

In summary, I think you should compare both professions and determine which would serve your best interests in view of the resources available for you to work with (especially finances) and against the backdrop of your future plans and desires.

Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Db55889(m): 4:18am On Jan 30, 2020
Thanks for the info. Can you pls add me to the Whatsapp group. 07064372947
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by NYCnextStop(m): 11:01am On Jan 30, 2020
brainwave:

Well...HSE is quite different from HR or personnel management (CIPM) although both disciplines have in common, some form of people management function. I know a couple of people who decided to go the HR route after their first degrees in Sociology as well as there are people who chose to pursue the HSE route after a first degree in the social sciences.

You might need to do a comparative analysis of the number of opportunities potentially available in both fields (HSE vs HR) in the labor market post-NYSC because the truth is that irrespective of your interest in a certification or qualification, the end goal in investing time and other resources towards acquiring such is to move you forward towards your career goals and enhancing your job prospects.

In summary, I think you should compare both professions and determine which would serve your best interests in view of the resources available for you to work with (especially finances) and against the backdrop of your future plans and desires.

Cheers!
sir in your honest opinion which offers more opportunities out there

Please NEBOSH or hse which would you advise I go for?

Thanks.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Adetola2001: 3:46pm On Jan 30, 2020
Good afternoon everyone. Please I would like to volunteer as an HSE officer or Environmental Scientist in any company in Lagos in order to gain the needed experience on the field.

Nairalanders, please help a sister!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Eleniyan15: 3:55pm On Jan 30, 2020
brainwave:

Cheers!

Sigh, finance is the problem. i found out taking HSE certificate is capital intensive (Nebosh) if am to work
with financial state i might end up not going for the program, regarding CIPM i lost intrest because everyone want to be become HR in this present society and am also looking at the long term benefit taking HSE because it fully loaded with opportunities outside shore of the country, the only problem am having with it is (1)Finance (2)Level of experience. Have gone through most job openings it requires a minimum of 1-2 yrs of experiences.
A Young Prospective corper member is confused!!

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 10:48pm On Jan 30, 2020
NYCnextStop:
sir in your honest opinion which offers more opportunities out there

Please NEBOSH or hse which would you advise I go for?

Thanks.

Hmm...well. my honest opinion may not be accurate as I'd very likely have a positive bias towards HSE cos that what I know and have the most passion for.

Nevertheless, if finance is not a deterrent and you have international career aspirations like the original guy (Eleniyan) who asked the question, I'd definitely recommend HSE because, you might be better placed competing for HSE jobs with Arabs, Europeans or Americans than if you were to compete with them for HR positions. It all boils down to your personal circumstance and future desires or plans.

As for the question of which to go for between HSE (I'm assuming by this you mean Nigeria-based programs from organisations like ISPON etc) and NEBOSH, of course if you've got the resources and have to choose one, NEBOSH is the way to go!

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by NYCnextStop(m): 6:33am On Jan 31, 2020
brainwave:

Hmm...well. my honest opinion may not be accurate as I'd very likely have a positive bias towards HSE cos that what I know and have the most passion for.

Nevertheless, if finance is not a deterrent and you have international career aspirations like the original guy (Eleniyan) who asked the question, I'd definitely recommend HSE because, you might be better placed competing for HSE jobs with Arabs, Europeans or Americans than if you were to compete with them for HR positions. It all boils down to your personal circumstance and future desires or plans.

As for the question of which to go for between HSE (I'm assuming by this you mean Nigeria-based programs from organisations like ISPON etc) and NEBOSH, of course if you've got the resources and have to choose one, NEBOSH is the way to go!

Hope this helps!
thank you bro

It did really help grin

Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 04, 2020
How can I get an entry level Safety officer job?

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by micxwell(m): 11:07am On Feb 13, 2020
chidiadi247:
How can I get an entry level Safety officer job?
God and networking! You have to find a way to dip yourself into the field. Let me tell you how I achieved mine with God's grace! I'm not there yet but I'm confident I'm on the right path towards what I've always wanted.

Now on to what I did....
I got interested in the field during my mini contract as an Instrument Technician @NLNG Bonny Island immediately after my NYSC. After the contract, I returned to Ib for my MSC in Environmental and Public Health. I headed straight to ISPON after my project defence. I registered as a member at ISPON.

Joined a lot of safety groups on WhatsApp, I made LinkedIn.com my second home; and I made sure I visited ISPON secretariat at least once a week to make sure they don't forget me. While I wait, I mastered my Structural design and detailing which did fetch me a lot of cash as I draw for people; I am a Civil Engineer by the way, but I really do like *HSE*. I told my self construction safety is your final bus-stop.

Eventually, I got an entry-level job with NBC by God's grace through ISPON President Oyo state branch. What I'm really happy about is that, my Safety Manager is very good. He enjoys teaching and will cover you if you want to go for any training or certification.
So, God help you bro. I wish you all the best. Just don't give up.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Limitless72(m): 4:30pm On Feb 13, 2020
micxwell:

God and networking! You have to find a way to dip yourself into the field. Let me tell you how I achieved mine with God's grace! I'm not there yet but I'm confident I'm on the right path towards what I've always wanted.

Now on to wait I did....
I got interested in the field during my mini contract as an Instrument Technician @NLNG Bonny Island immediately after my NYSC. After the contract, I returned to Ib for my MSC in Environmental and Public Health. I headed straight to ISPON after my project defence. I registered as a member at ISPON.

Joined a lot of safety groups on WhatsApp, I made LinkedIn.com my second home; and I made sure I visited ISPON secretariat at least once a week to make sure they don't forget me. While I wait, I mastered my Structural design and detailing which did fetch me a lot of cash as I draw for people; I am a Civil Engineer by the way, but I really do like *HSE*. I told my self construction safety is your final bus-stop.

Eventually, I got an entry-level job with NBC by God's grace through ISPON President Oyo state branch. What I'm really happy about is that, my Safety Manager is very good. He enjoys teaching and will cover you if you want to go for any training or certification.

Thank God I stumbled upon this contribution..
I'm a serving corps member
I plan on undergoing my HSE level 2&3 training at ISPON secretariat in Port Harcourt coz of its proximity to Imo State..
So I placed a call across to the number I saw on what seems to be their official website but was told the number doesn't exist...

Now Its making me have a rethinking about every details and information I saw in the website...

How much do you think would be the total cost for HSE 2&3 ...
How much did you pay for the training?
Do you think the price would be reduced coz I'm a Corper?

Pls answer...
Brainwave assist too
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Teeteelayor90: 10:02pm On Feb 13, 2020
Hello all, have been reading comments on this platform and it's been educative . I already did my HSE 1,2&3 with instittute of safety management (iosm, uk) through a reputable training agency here in Nigeria. I would love to put in for Nebosh(though finance is still a challenge).. I will like to be added to the WhatsApp group (08066248626) and at same time, I will love if anyone can send me the nebosh materials and past questions. Thanks.email address:bjatmosphere2011@yahoo.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Veevii: 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2020
smiley
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Teeteelayor90: 11:06pm On Feb 16, 2020
Hello all, have been reading comments on this platform and it's been educative . I already did my HSE 1,2&3 with instittute of safety management (iosm, uk) through a reputable training agency here in Nigeria. I would love to put in for Nebosh(though finance is still a challenge).. I will like to be added to the WhatsApp group (08066248626) and at same time, I will love if anyone can send me the nebosh materials and past questions. Thanks.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 5:21am On Feb 17, 2020
Limitless72:

Thank God I stumbled upon this contribution..
I'm a serving corps member
I plan on undergoing my HSE level 2&3 training at ISPON secretariat in Port Harcourt coz of its proximity to Imo State..
So I placed a call across to the number I saw on what seems to be their official website but was told the number doesn't exist...

Now Its making me have a rethinking about every details and information I saw in the website...

How much do you think would be the total cost for HSE 2&3 ...
How much did you pay for the training?
Do you think the price would be reduced coz I'm a Corper?

Pls answer...
Brainwave assist too

Hmm...bros, I wish I could assist with answers but unfortunately, I am not in position because its been a long time (about or over a decade) since I took either of those courses so, I'm not current on information about the cost implications.

I guess someone more current will provide answers to your questions.

Cheeers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 5:24am On Feb 17, 2020
micxwell:

Now on to wait I did....

Nice one bro! Your determination and doggedness is commendable.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Wales041: 6:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
Please add to whtaspp group, 08123380451
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Mrgreatness(m): 3:23am On Feb 29, 2020
NISLT - I need yo be certified plz chemistry graduate
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by pimpchi(m): 9:16pm On Feb 29, 2020
Adetola2001:
Good afternoon everyone. Please I would like to volunteer as an HSE officer or Environmental Scientist in any company in Lagos in order to gain the needed experience on the field.

Nairalanders, please help a sister!

Drop ur whatsapp number@dm
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by michaelbills(m): 5:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
Took me one week to go through pages 1 to 99. HSE is an interesting and broad field of study. A friend of mine came with Hybrid hse company. I was interested but reading through the thread the notable accredited Centre popping up was Novelle Centre. Hybrid hse starts with aosh. I would start with ISPON but do I need to do Aosh in hybrid or skip to NEBOSH? Is Aosh just like General hse,hse12&3 of ISPON?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TenthMan(m): 7:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
michaelbills:
Took me one week to go through pages 1 to 99. HSE is an interesting and broad field of study. A friend of mine came with Hybrid hse company. I was interested but reading through the thread the notable accredited Centre popping up was Novelle Centre. Hybrid hse starts with aosh. I would start with ISPON but do I need to do Aosh in hybrid or skip to NEBOSH? Is Aosh just like General hse,hse12&3 of ISPON?

ISPON is for Nigeria. You are Nigerian. By law and if this country was a sane one, no one should even call himself/herself a HSE Professional or practice HSE Sciences, Engineering and Management without being certified by ISPON. So kindly start with ISPON. As a graduate you are to do the General Training and then go straight to level 3. Please make sure the contact you reach is the one on ispon.gov.ng . Kindly avoid any other websites please.

Now, by my view point, AOSH (Administration for Occupational Safety and Health) is to the UK what BSCP is to the USA and what CBCSP is to Canada. AOSH is however in recent times, trying to gain more international recognition and expand outside the UK.

NEBOSH is , at this moment, still more internationally recognized. Especially by commonwealth countries including, Australia, Africa and the UAE/Middle East. It is very well recognized in Nigeria as well. For now its street credibility in the professional world is high. Employers are impressed when you have a University Degrees, you are ISPON certified , and NEBOSH IGC certified, plus any others.

Our advice will be that after you ISPON/NISP kindly go straight to NEBOSH IGC. Meanwhile, to digress a little the BSCP courses are quite more technical than that of NEBOSH. So ISPON and NEBOSH IGC are good to test the waters before going into other certifications.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TenthMan(m): 8:02pm On Mar 07, 2020
Teeteelayor90:
Hello all, have been reading comments on this platform and it's been educative . I already did my HSE 1,2&3 with instittute of safety management (iosm, uk) through a reputable training agency here in Nigeria. I would love to put in for Nebosh(though finance is still a challenge).. I will like to be added to the WhatsApp group (08066248626) and at same time, I will love if anyone can send me the nebosh materials and past questions. Thanks.email address:bjatmosphere2011@yahoo.com

I have sent you NEBOSH Materials.

Please as a professional with over 15 years professional experience in HSE Sciences, Engineering and Management, I urge you to get a more professional email address. This email address ''bjatmosphere2011'' is something a lot of persons will look at in the professional world and then conclude on your personality. It might be viewed as a poor attempt as sexual innuendo and subliminal messaging.

Worst part is this might not even be the case. However, you wont be there to defend your email address and how you did not use 'bj' to connote anything sexual. The HR Personnel could be right or wrong but please avoid giving people a bad first impression whenever you can.

I will advice that you change this email (create a new one) to a more professional style and look. Preferably, use your surname and your initials or your first name and initials before the extension @yahoo/gmail/etc/.com. Opening an email address is free. Kindly consider this professional advice.

Good luck.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TenthMan(m): 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2020
NYCnextStop:
please I need the materials also

iamakeeno@gmail.com. Thanks

Kindly verify/acknowledge receipt.

Good luck.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TenthMan(m): 8:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
mrbeam:
Hello I recently registered for NEBOSH AMD my class starts January 27th 2020 I don't want to do it twice so I need help with study materials answer past questions I will appreciate if you can assist me with where I can download those material PDF or word. I look forward to your reply.

quote author=TenthMan post=85252018]

We have always advised to start small, depending on your knowledge and experience in HSE Sciences, Engineering and Management. If you are new to the field the advise is you start small. Do the UK HSE or ISPON HSE Levels applicable to a graduate. Then you can advance to NEBOSH. Please note that NEBOSH is more intense than 'UK HSE' . It also has more modules, more expensive with more course content. It is also very structured. The classes are intense for newbies and exams are written almost immediately.

If you have the funds, start from the Basics. Which is ISPON HSE /'UK HSE'. After having a general idea of what you are delving into, you can then progress into NEBOSH and other advanced courses.

Another thing you can do is to get the NEBOSH/ISPON Materials to study with on your own. This early enough study will give you a head start when you start the real courses. So try and get the free study materials. Get yourself acquainted with the course content, then go ahead and start with the HSE Levels 1,2,3 then progress to NEBOSH.

Good luck.

Apologies but the NEBOSH Materials are not easy to get conventionally.

Typically, these materials are forwarded to email addresses.

Any inconvenience(s) caused is/are regretted.

Good luck.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by NYCnextStop(m): 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2020
TenthMan:

Good luck.
seen. Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TenthMan(m): 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2020
meelife:
Hi Tenthman,
Please send to
meelife@yahoo.com
Thanks

Good luck.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TenthMan(m): 9:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
HSE Sciences, Engineering and Management Professionals and Practitioners should please take note.

Advance Information ( https://www.dpr.gov.ng/the-19th-international-hse-biennial-conference-on-the-oil-gas-industry-in-nigeria/ )

Theme for 2020 focuses on Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene (OH/IH) including other areas like Human Factor and Ergonomics (HFE).

Students can attend with a huge discount as long as they present a Valid School I.D.

Good luck.

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Zahra24: 9:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
TenthMan:

Good luck.

Please I also need the materials.... usedohoeket@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TenthMan(m): 8:18pm On Mar 08, 2020
Health and Safety Officers at Trivest Technologies Limited

Trivest Technologies Limited is an ICT Systems Integrator, incorporated in 2001. We are a local company with a global mindset, offering industry-leading quality Integrated Security Systems products and services, covering Access Control (Physical & Logical), Intrusion Detection, IP Surveillance and Visitor Management.

We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health and Safety Officer

Job Description

The Health and safety officers will develop, maintain and protect health and safety standards within the organisation and onsite in accordance with current health and safety legislation.

Responsibilities
Other responsibilities required are stated below:

Liaising with relevant authorities and making regular site inspections
Organising monthly health and safety meetings
Identifying potential hazards
Planning safe working practices and making necessary changes
Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
Undertaking risk assessments and determining ways of reducing risks

Requirements

Minimum OND certificate
Certifications in HSE is Compulsory
Computer literate
1 - 2 years working experience
A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required

Application Closing Date
18th March, 2020
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TenthMan(m): 8:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
Safety Manager at Recore Limited.

Recore Limited - Our client, a brand leader in the FMCG manufacturing industry in Nigeria has requested our services in the provision of skilled manpower to promote her operational efficiency within the capacity below:

Job Title: Safety Manager
Job Type: Contract (6 months)

Job Responsibilities / Accountabilities

Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
Evaluate practices, procedures and policies to assess risk and adherence to safety laws
Conduct and facilitate trainings and presentations on health, safety and environment matters as well as accident prevention
Monitor compliances to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
Inspect equipment and machineries to observe possible unsafe conditions
Investigate accidents, incidents and near misses to discover cause and forestall reoccurrences
Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities and prevention measures
Report on health and safety awareness issues and statistics
Workers adherence safety standards by utilizing personal protective equipment
Put in place sustainable measures to mitigate all kinds of work-related hazards in the workplace

Requirements

Minimum of five years cognate experience
Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
First degree holder in Safety Management or related field
Proven experience in a FMCG manufacturing company is advantageous
Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
Ability in preparing reports and developing relevant safety policies
Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
Technical knowhow
Excellent organizational and motivational skills
Certification and trainings in HSE (Occupational health and safety) is highly mandatory
Problem solving and analytical skills

Remuneration
Monthly Gross: N150,000

Application Closing Date
15th March, 2020

[url]https://www.google.com/search?q=hse+jobs+in+nigeria&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS820US820&oq=HSE+JOBS+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l7.6688j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&ibp=htl;jobs&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiruLeay4voAhXLx4UKHeNVDCkQiYsCKAF6BAgGEBA#htivrt=jobs&fpstate=tldetail&htichips=date_posted:week&htischips=date_posted;week&htidocid=mCNmLDuqunnmW-mUAAAAAA%3D%3D
[/url]
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TenthMan(m): 8:22pm On Mar 08, 2020
HSE OFFICER- DANGOTE GROUP. MINING BUSINESS UNIT

Employment Title: HSE Officer

Area: Kogi

Business: Mines

Function/Domain: Health and Safety

Slot: 3 Slots

Position Description
• To monitor site implementation of DIL’s policies, programs, and initiatives related to H&S systems; including a performance of the work necessary to ensure adherence to safety regulations, completion of safety training, and attainment of business values and objectives.

Job Responsibilities
• Ensure compliance of site operations with DIL’s HSSE policies and standards as well as applicable regulatory requirements.
• Participate in internal risk assessment processes.
• Routinely inspect the facilities, machinery and equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards and to ensure compliance with safety regulation and DIL’s policies and standards.
• Routinely monitor the workforce for unsafe behaviours and coach employees on the correct behaviours.
• Record Unsafe Acts / fe Acts / Unsafe Conditions, incidents, accidents and audits findings.
• Participate in accidents and incidents investigations.
• Continuously engage with mine staff on Health and Safety, i.e Tool Box Talks, inspection reporting, weekly reporting, site management reviews, etc..
• Coordinate activities with other departments to improve work conditions according to DIL’s policies and standards.
• Accompany and engage Federal and State Regulators / Inspectors during compliance monitoring visits to the mine.
• Participate in HSE-related meetings; safety awareness campaigns and external HSE audits.
• Compile, analyse and interpret accident statistical data, and recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employee exposure to chemical, physical and biological work hazards.
• Carry out other duties and responsibilities as requested by the HSE Manager.

Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
• Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Biological or Earth Sciences or Engineering
• 5 years of relevant HSE experience
• NEBOSH certificate or equivalent. Sound verbal and written communication skills.
• Good communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to work under limited or no supervision.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
• HSE experience in mining and/or construction industries would be an advantage
• An understanding of health & safety as well as environmental management.Willingness to relocate.
• Willingness to work in remote terrain.
• Successful candidates will be expected to work outside of normal hours for immediate responses to site HSE issues and emergency responses.

Application Closing Date

14th March 2020.
How to Apply

The interested and qualified applicants should Click Apply for Job now.

[url]https://www.google.com/search?q=hse+jobs+in+nigeria&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS820US820&oq=HSE+JOBS+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l7.6688j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&ibp=htl;jobs&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiruLeay4voAhXLx4UKHeNVDCkQiYsCKAF6BAgGEBA#htivrt=jobs&fpstate=tldetail&htichips=date_posted:week&htischips=date_posted;week&htidocid=iTGjQzdUlxgabvMBAAAAAA%3D%3D[/url]

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.