Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (405723 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by micxwell(m): 11:04pm On Apr 01, 2020
ritzycul:

ISPON ONLINE SAFETY TRAINING IN NIGERIA
Thanks for the ad. I'm a member already.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kevwemike: 1:47pm On Apr 04, 2020
plssssssss i nid NEBOSH materials, its urgent, am studing for the exams. Anyone who can give me, wld be much appreciated.Thank email is ukuy22@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Juwon21: 5:17pm On Apr 13, 2020
Good afternoon House, I appreciate all the contributions of professionals in the field of safety, especially the counsel from what I have read from the thread.
I have a question, and I will appreciate the Candide advice of gurus in the house. I want to pursue a career in safety by going for certification training in it. I am stuck between 2 options of NOVELLE or ISPON. Again I want to add does ISPON accept NOVELLE certificate to become a member of ISPON?. I need guide from the experience in the house please.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by micxwell(m): 6:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
Juwon21:
Good afternoon House, I appreciate all the contributions of professionals in the field of safety, especially the counsel from what I have read from the thread.
I have a question, and I will appreciate the Candide advice of gurus in the house. I want to pursue a career in safety by going for certification training in it. I am stuck between 2 options of NOVELLE or ISPON. Again I want to add does ISPON accept NOVELLE certificate to become a member of ISPON?. I need guide from the experience in the house please.
1) NOVELLE or ISPON.......... ISPON
2) Does ISPON accept NOVELLE certificate for membership registration......... NO.
Wish you all the best... Stay safe.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Juwon21: 3:21am On Apr 14, 2020
[quote author=micxwell post=88405443]
2) Does ISPON accept NOVELLE certificate for membership registration......... NO.
Thank you for this

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Juwon21: 3:23am On Apr 14, 2020

Another question is after my training at ISPON, does that make me a member automatically?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by micxwell(m): 8:00am On Apr 16, 2020
Juwon21:

Another question is after my training at ISPON, does that make me a member automatically?
No. The training certificate(s) is *one* of the requisite for membership examination.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Bearshare(m): 1:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
What everyone needs to know about ISPON is they are heavily factionalised. The two factions are NNAMDI faction and MAGWE faction.

There are over 15 court orders restraining each of them from further activity. So what each one does now is to hide and provide approval to companies to be training and giving certificates which are not approved by the other faction.

I won't advise anyone to get any ISPON certificate for now until the court cases are cleared. People making money from this issue won't tell you the truth until you finish the training then you'll realise your ISPON certificate has k-leg.

Ask before you cross road. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by micxwell(m): 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
Bearshare:
What everyone needs to know about ISPON is they are heavily factionalised. The two factions are NNAMDI faction and MAGWE faction.

There are over 15 court orders restraining each of them from further activity. So what each one does now is to hide and provide approval to companies to be training and giving certificates which are not approved by the other faction.

I won't advise anyone to get any ISPON certificate for now until the court cases are cleared. People making money from this issue won't tell you the truth until you finish the training then you'll realise your ISPON certificate has k-leg.

Are you a member sir?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Bearshare(m): 3:45pm On Apr 16, 2020
micxwell:
Are you a member sir?

Yes I am. I'll send the attachment of the court orders here in my next post

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by micxwell(m): 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2020
Bearshare:

Yes I am. I'll send the attachment of the court orders here in my next post
Confirm. Alright bro. The one we have here in Ibadan is actually run by staff of Federal Ministry of Labor and Employment. We also have people from NISCN amongst us too. My mentor, a chief factory inspector is amongst us too. I believe I'm in safe hands cheesy. No shocker.
Being a member is just by the way...... ISPON won't take one to the top anyways. It's just to give one that sense of belonging. NEBOSH is the base line.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Bearshare(m): 7:41pm On Apr 16, 2020
micxwell:
Confirm. Alright bro. The one we have here in Ibadan is actually run by staff of Federal Ministry of Labor and Employment. We also have people from NISCN amongst us too. My mentor, a chief factory inspector is amongst us too. I believe I'm in safe hands cheesy. No shocker.
Being a member is just by the way...... ISPON won't take one to the top anyways. It's just to give one that sense of belonging. NEBOSH is the base line.

You are right. ISPON isn't as much valuable as it used to be, especially now the house is divided. In fact the certificate is not recognised outside Nigeria and not recognised by all companies anyway.

My advise is to get a certificate that is recognised in all countries something like NEBOSH is ideal. Don't forget, especially now that lots of Nigerians are travelling to seek job opportunities in countries like dubai, UAE, Canada, UK. Don't bother wasting your money for a certificate you may not use or need outside the shores of this country.

The court judgements are too large to attach here.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by micxwell(m): 9:00pm On Apr 16, 2020
Bearshare:

You are right. ISPON isn't as much valuable as it used to be, especially now the house is divided. In fact the certificate is not recognised outside Nigeria and not recognised by all companies anyway.

My advise is to get a certificate that is recognised in all countries something like NEBOSH is ideal. Don't forget, especially now that lots of Nigerians are travelling to seek job opportunities in countries like dubai, UAE, Canada, UK. Don't bother wasting your money for a certificate you may not use or need outside the shores of this country.

You're right bro. I was gunning for my NSE and COREN reg before... I've changed my direction now. NEBOSH and ISO courses are what I am looking at now for 2020. Not ready to waste my funds anymore.
That said, I will still advise people to go for ISPON; even if it is just for their GHSE alone or maybe Novelle. I believe it increases ones chance of landing an entry-level/trainee position in Safety. Majority of the tutors here in Ibadan are either retirees or staff of FML&E hence, they're likely to recommend one.

That's my opinion bro and it actually worked for me.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TenthMan(m): 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2020
micxwell:
You're right bro. I was gunning for my NSE and COREN reg before... I've changed my direction now. NEBOSH and ISO courses are what I am looking at now for 2020. Not ready to waste my funds anymore.
That said, I will still advise people to go for ISPON; even if it is just for their GHSE alone or maybe Novelle. I believe it increases ones chance of landing an entry-level/trainee position in Safety. Majority of the tutors here in Ibadan are either retirees or staff of FML&E hence, they're likely to recommend one.

That's my opinion bro and it actually worked for me.

Personally, in all my handles I use to make comments in this section/topic, I have always advised that interested persons take ISPON as a start. The foundation for HSE Sciences, Engineering and Management. More like an appreciation course. Secondly, it is a cheaper alternative and can be done in bits. This basic foundation has its benefits to those whose backgrounds do not necessarily fit into the discipline/profession. It gives them a form of easy and mild introduction into the world of the HSE Profession. Thirdly, NEBOSH is a little bit more broad in scope than ISPON. ISPON makes NEBOSH a little bit more easy to handle. The candidate will not be starting as a newbie per se. To some extent, it is recognized by a couple of organizations.

Consequently, I strongly feel it is a good idea for those interested in taking ISPON to do so. With respect to the factions, I have advised that people go along with the group that uses the ispon.gov.ng website. The only reason for this advise is the assumption that for them to use that web address with the .gov.ng extension, they are perhaps recognized by the Government. Other than that I believe for knowledge sake, interested persons should just contact any of them, register, take classes, take the quizzes and get the certificate for a start. It is disheartening that they cannot be called to order. Personally, I am seriously thinking of getting some persons together for us to set up a professional organization called either of the following or a name similar to this:

1. Nigerian Board of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (NIBOSHEN); OR
2. Nigerian Examination Board of Certified HES Professionals (NEBCHESP).

This will be tailored like the NEBOSH (UK), BSCP (USA) and the CBCSP (Canada) and even more. If we can do something serious with a very solid curriculum and standard examination for various levels of certification and get it recognized by companies, it will be superb. See https://www.bcsp.org/Portals/0/Assets/PDF/BCSP-At-A-Glance.pdf . My intention is to also get a lot of companies who take HSE seriously to contribute into the curriculum.

With respect to ISPON, I still strongly feel that the benefits for now are all worth it. I shall keep advising interested individuals to get ISPON before attempting NEBOSH, regardless of the mess ISPON is in right now.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Otii4god: 2:19am On Apr 17, 2020
Try this n thank me later
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by micxwell(m): 10:05am On Apr 17, 2020
TenthMan:

Personally, in all my handles I use to make comments in this section/topic, I have always advised that interested persons take ISPON as a start. The foundation for HSE Sciences, Engineering and Management. More like an appreciation course. Secondly, it is a cheaper alternative and can be done in bits. This basic foundation has its benefits to those whose backgrounds do not necessarily fit into the discipline/profession. It gives them a form of easy and mild introduction into the world of the HSE Profession. Thirdly, NEBOSH is a little bit more broad in scope than ISPON. ISPON makes NEBOSH a little bit more easy to handle. The candidate will not be starting as a newbie per se. To some extent, it is recognized by a couple of organizations.

Consequently, I strongly feel it is a good idea for those interested to take ISPON to do so. With respect to the factions, I have advised that people go along with the group that uses the ispon.gov.ng website. The only reason for this advise is the assumption that for them to use that web address with the .gov.ng extention, they are perhaps recognized by the Government. Other than that I believe for knowledge sake, interested persons should just contact any of them, register, take classes, take the quizzes and get the certificate for a start. It is disheartening that they cannot be called to order. Personally, I am seriously thinking of getting some persons together for us to set up a professional organization called either:

Nigerian Board of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (NIBOSHEN); OR
Nigerian Examination Board of Certified HES Professionals (NIEBCHESP).

This will be tailored like the NEBOSH (UK), BSCP (USA) and the CBCSP (Canada) and even more. If we can do something serious with a very solid curriculum and standard examination for various levels of certification and get it recognized by companies, it will be superb. See https://www.bcsp.org/Portals/0/Assets/PDF/BCSP-At-A-Glance.pdf . My intention is to also get a lot of companies who take HSE seriously to contribute into the curriculum.

With respect to ISPON, I still strongly feel that the benefits for now are all worth it. I shall keep advising interested individuals to get ISPON before attempting NEBOSH, regardless of the mess ISPON is in right now.
I agree with your submission bro. It will be a good thing if we can have an exmination body like you suggested. This our beloved country, everyone is just self-centred. I wonder why they can't just let peace reign for once. It is well with them.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Rdduite(m): 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2020
The Holy Bible says that the love of money is the root of all evil!

Money can divide a tightly close family members, friends, etc. Hence, am not surprised that ISPON is suffering what it's going through now but it is a shame really.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Trendytessy(f): 8:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm a fresh graduate looking to delve into the safety line. I just completed my HSE 1,2 &3 courses at Novelle.. I'm looking out for a job in this field and also what other courses should I take to support this?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by NYCnextStop(m): 9:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
Trendytessy:
Hi everyone, I'm a fresh graduate looking to delve into the safety line. I just completed my HSE 1,2 &3 courses at Novelle.. I'm looking out for a job in this field and also what other courses should I take to support this?

Thanks
How much did this cost you?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ennyj01(m): 8:06am On Apr 20, 2020
kevwemike:

plssssssss i nid NEBOSH materials, its urgent, am studing for the exams. Anyone who can give me, wld be much appreciated.Thank email is ukuy22@gmail.com

Please the nebosh you enrolled for, is it with Novelle or another center?

How much did it cost you to enroll for it?
Novelle cost just 230k and I think it is the cheapest, because for other centre's you pay for each part that forms the nebosh, making it expensive..

I plan enrolling after the lockdown if I finally come up with the cash. I hope to get a reply
Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ennyj01(m): 8:09am On Apr 20, 2020
micxwell:

Please can you explain the first part which is Novelle VS ispon, which you chose ispon..

Also I am not familiar with ispon curriculum, I don't know if they do nebosh. If they do, how much does it cost doing it..

Please I will appreciate your feedback. Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ennyj01(m): 8:10am On Apr 20, 2020
Bearshare:

Thank you so much for this info
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ennyj01(m): 8:12am On Apr 20, 2020
Bearshare:

Please can you help with the best centre to do NEBOSH, and how much it will cost to enroll for it completely? Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Trendytessy(f): 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
NYCnextStop:
How much did this cost you?

20,500 naira .. this price is for corp members only
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by NYCnextStop(m): 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
Trendytessy:

20,500 naira .. this price is for corp members only
ok.. please how much for non Corp members?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Trendytessy(f): 5:13pm On Apr 20, 2020
NYCnextStop:
ok.. please how much for non Corp members?

I think 40,000naira
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by NYCnextStop(m): 5:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
Trendytessy:

I think 40,000naira
Thanks dear... stay safe

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.